Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: The First 100 Days.

mtlchick
  • Start Topic

“The First 100 Days” – Frank and Garrett devise a plan to convince Mayor Chase to work better with others in order to properly run the city, and Danny and Baez try to track down a perp who vandalized several NYPD vehicles with anti-cop graffiti and made threats against officers. Also, Erin is shaken after she’s in a car accident, and Eddie and Jamie argue about whether they should keep a stray dog who leads them to a crime scene, on BLUE BLOODS, Friday, March 13 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Starting this early as I got some news from a friend who works on set along with a separate source.  Blue Bloods was supposed to wrap for the season on April 9th.  That was pushed to March 17th a few days ago as to wrap the episode they were working on (episode 20.)  

They have stopped production for the rest of the season today.  Trying to find out if that will get produced. 

I feel like I missed something with Erin's storyline. Why was she keeping the car crash such a big secret? She wasn't the one at fault for the accident. Everyone would have understand if she was rattled or distracted after something like that. 

The storyline with the dog was adorable. It was pure silly fun and the show could use a bit of that every now and then. 

• Love 7

A nothing show. I hate that TPTB need to exploit dogs or babies when they've got nothing substantial. Also, the bit with the mayor was  junk.

Seems like they are running out of good story-lines.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I wonder if TV shows are also falling in line with closing down to avoid contact among actors? This is really becoming so real it is scary... 

Apparently.  Everyone is recommended to stay home. The courts in NYS are closing for most cases except criminal trials. Criminal defendants are entitled to speedy trials. It’s not clear to me yet how they will handle jury duty. 

5 hours ago, preeya said:

A nothing show. I hate that TPTB need to exploit dogs or babies when they've got nothing substantial. Also, the bit with the mayor was  junk.

I agree but I’m still always a sucker for a dog. 

5 hours ago, Magnumfangirl said:

Is a police precinct allowed to have a pet dog?

Probably not, but I’m willing to hand wave (see above). 

• Love 3

Danny: "The perp didn't get here by taxi or Uber. How did he get here? How???"

Baez: "Maybe he took the subway."

Danny: "Here's a picture of the perp in the subway. I'm a genius!!!"

Poor Baez...

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

So are Erin and Jack getting back together? Or has she just finally let go of her anger at him? If they are Sunday dinner will be interesting. It will never work though until Erin tells her family that they need to back off the Jack hate and treat him like they treated Linda and Edie. Jack has helped them out on several instances and was with Erin when she was shot. They all need to get over the past. 

The dog thing was cute, but the Jamko part was dumb. Suddenly everyone in the precinct is fine and dandy with the two of them working together? 

9 minutes ago, Magnumfangirl said:

I want to know how Danny knew that was the guy.

I think the clothing matched.

• Love 3

I thought if somebody in Erin's position get t-boned the accident would immediately get flagged and would have Reagans all over the case. Weird decision to use that plot for bringing Jack back which immediately makes me wonder what's going to happen in 'Younger' next season.

Jamko was too cute for this show. I was okay with the dog reacting to that first incident since he might have just trotted onto the scene but the purse snatching must have taken place a good distance away - that's Lassie levels of canine super senses.

Loved Garrett's admission that he's the one feeding Frank any lies. And I've seen his mayoral counterpart before but couldn't place her.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, iwasish said:

The dog thing was cute, but the Jamko part was dumb. Suddenly everyone in the precinct is fine and dandy with the two of them working together? 

I thought they were on different shifts, or did that change and I missed it?

• Love 1

That dog was By far the best thing about last night's show. I legit want him! 🐶❤️.

I wondered if the vandalism story was a nod to the bay ridge vandalism back in  early November. The real issue wasn't someone spray painting squad cars but slashing tires and keying cars throughout the neighborhood. The guy's final 'hurrah' was  slashing tires on two squad cars right outside the precinct. He still hasn't been caught 🤬

16 hours ago, preeya said:

Running out? I think you mean ran out. There are certainly all sorts of possibilities out there, but they have no interest in exploring them so we end up recycling the same tired old plots. What was once TV comfort food (mediocre writing with great actors and old pros behind the camera) has become stale leftovers.

I agree about exploiting dogs, but the dog was the best part of the episode by far. And the doghouse was about the cleverest writing of this season. See viewers - how can you hate Jamko? Isn't Jamko cute? If you hate Jamko you must hate puppies and love criminals!

They don't really know what to do with the mayor. Part of it is that this is yet another area where they are beating a dead horse to the point it is just sort of a wet sport on the ground. Frank is better at the politics than the politicians as well as the only truly moral public figure in NYC. The other issue is that the mayor character has always been a way to comment on national politics and the President and they don't want to alienate their core audience so they keep pulling their punches.

14 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I wonder if TV shows are also falling in line with closing down to avoid contact among actors? This is really becoming so real it is scary... 

It's not so much about contact among actors (although I'd imagine that Selleck and Cariou being in the high risk categories played a role) as that these productions involve large numbers of people in close proximity to each other and a good number of those people are touching the faces, hair, bodies, etc. of the actors including guest cast traveling from other areas. There is also the fact that it doesn't work logistically or economically when actors stay home when they're not feeling well (something that comes up all the time in commentaries, series podcasts, etc.) so there really is no other choice even if you were to ignore the health and safety of your cast and crew. Better to postpone now and try to figure it out later rather than face lawsuits, a tidal wave of bad PR, or spending all the money to start shooting an episode that doesn't get completed.

• Useful 2
13 hours ago, GussieK said:

Starting with Riverdale (where someone on their crew did contract the virus), studios have been shutting down shows once they were able to complete the episode they were on and calling it a season.  The problem is for some that were ending this season (like Supernatural) and those with a major exit (America Ferrera on Superstore), they're not going to complete it their story arcs as planned. Pilots that are supposed be shooting now on hold.  So any show that has been on the bubble for a while may be the big winners and get renewed.  Interestingly enough, Blue Bloods scored its highest audience all season. 

Who I feel bad for are crew members.  If they are not in a union, they don't get paid for a shut down. 

• Love 2

I don't know if I'm getting used to Tom Selleck 2020 or if maybe he had a bit of a tan or if maybe he shed a few pounds. But I thought he was looking better than usual.

I would've liked it if the vandal was just harassing Danny and the vandal was still unidentified. I liked Danny being teased by his co-workers.

• Love 2

I thought it before when the two of them were discussing getting a dog: the show would certainly benefit from a team pet, but Frank and Henry are the much more logical owners. Big house, kids always in and out, one of them retired and frequently implied to feel at loose ends with too much time on his hands and the other working fairly predictable hours - much better situation than two young cops who grab overtime every chance they get. Even as things shook out, we spend more screentime there than at Jamie's precinct, which would mean more opportunities to gawk at that gorgeous pup.

Edited by Emma9
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Emma9 said:

I thought it before when the two of them were discussing getting a dog: the show would certainly benefit from a team pet, but Frank and Henry are the much more logical owners.

Maybe, but we need to make sure to keep Frank out of any commitments. I mean they want to make sure that if they land a big name guest dog they can hint that maybe something might develop. And Henry? Bad idea if you want to see more of the dog. The dog would end up like Len Cariou. A much better actor than 2 of the leads and all of the younger generations of the family who is largely ignored and lucky to get 3 subplots a season. Why would you wish that on such a gorgeous animal?

Although I haven't watched every Blueblood episode I've watched a lot and this has to be one of the strangest episodes I've watched.

Of course Frank was Frank always butting heads with everyone around him and Danny was the same asshole he always is but the storyline with the dog and Erin's moment of uncertainty were surreal at least to me.

• Love 4

I thought they were leading up to Erin has a brain bleed and needs emergency surgery and they rally round her at the hospital, maybe having St Patty’s Day dinner delivered there.  Did Jack call Nicky to come home and check on her mom? 
If this show is wrapping up, would they get Jack and Erin back together, find a woman for  Frank, Danny and maybe even Henry? A baby for Jamie and Edie? 

• Love 1
On 3/14/2020 at 11:32 AM, MissLucas said:

I thought if somebody in Erin's position get t-boned the accident would immediately get flagged and would have Reagans all over the case. Weird decision to use that plot for bringing Jack back which immediately makes me wonder what's going to happen in 'Younger' next season

I agree, when she was like walking around in a fugue state, dropping a bombshell on her ex then walking out, Nicki appearing out of nowhere... I thought at the end we'd see she was actually in the hospital with family around.  I don't get why she didn't at least tell Anthony who thought she was hungover.  Really bizarre behavior.

• Love 5
On 3/17/2020 at 10:10 AM, jabRI said:

I agree, when she was like walking around in a fugue state, dropping a bombshell on her ex then walking out, Nicki appearing out of nowhere... I thought at the end we'd see she was actually in the hospital with family around.  I don't get why she didn't at least tell Anthony who thought she was hungover.  Really bizarre behavior.

I thought it was strange too, and at the end it really looked like Erin and Jack were getting back together. They were sitting there making googoo eyes at each other. Erin’s daughter was oblivious, which also didn’t seem typical. 

I know Anthony can’t stand Jack and the family also doesn’t like him but I’m not clear why. What did he do? Did he cheat on Erin when they were married? 

3 hours ago, jabRI said:

Pretty sure I remember that he did

She also said things went sour when she went back to work. I think he did step out on her. Not sure who else would put up with her  and the must attend Sunday dinner.

• Love 1
On 3/26/2020 at 8:33 AM, jabRI said:

Pretty sure I remember that he did

That was the story line at the beginning.  Added later was the storyline that Frank and the brothers never liked him from the beginning.  As Eddie pointed out a couple episodes ago, she and Jamie are the only couple in the family.  Danny and Linda were the only couple until Linda died.  Jamie was engaged in the very first episode but his fiancée  didn’t want to be married to a cop.  Joe wasn’t married as far as we know.   
Frank and Henry have never even attempted a relationship since their wives died.  Well, except we did catch Frank leaving a woman’s place once. 

On 9/18/2020 at 2:40 PM, mythoughtis said:

Frank and Henry have never even attempted a relationship since their wives died.  Well, except we did catch Frank leaving a woman’s place once. 

Frank did have that secret fling with that reporter early in first season until that went south.