Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Oooof There It Is!

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Lassus said:

I guess I imagined it as closer to three.  Three weeks of constant flirtation and entendres in daily contact consummated by only making out does sound damned slow to me.  It's mostly the constant daily interaction that informs that for me.  I mean, working apart, seeing each other even a couple times a week, no doubt and absolutely.  But I worked in a number of summer programs and jobs, the same kind of daily interactions, and this seems long.  I'll cop to simply not getting it.

The whole season for BD is usually 6 weeks.  It seems like forever, but we're only a few episodes in.  I don't know how many episodes this season is, but I'm guessing we are not half way through yet.

• Useful 2

I feel like I missed something with Jenna and Adam. I don’t like either of them and their flirting is annoying to watch but she is freaking out about some relationship that doesn’t exist. She’s already a stage 5 clinger after I don’t know how long. Did he commit to her and I missed it. So weird. 

Georgia is a douche imo. She was being extra flirty with Paget when they were all hanging out.

The bed thing was weird because I don’t remember it being protocol on other BD shows but Parker needed to chill. 

Sailboats are lame to me. I have never been a fan.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Marley said:

She’s already a stage 5 clinger after I don’t know how long. Did he commit to her and I missed it. So weird. 

I actually didn’t get that vibe. He seems to be all inappropriate PDA work hours and making out she just wanted to have sex. That doesn’t necessarily mean clinger just that she wants to get laid. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 3/17/2020 at 2:23 PM, biakbiak said:

Even under her micromanaging we got the painful Malia nonsense!

I don’t want to always compare a chief stew to Kate but even for strews she couldn’t stand (Rocky, Jen, Simone to name three) she gave them props be it serving guests or doing laundry. Madison wasn’t asking to be tongue bathed but to just have anyone say lit was hard, it was shitty, but we saw what you did! That’s completely reasonable! But we have Adam who decided to cook alll the bacon hours before anyone was stirring and bitch about it and make Madison feel like shit for good measure!

Both Adam and Jenna can pull a Rocky and jump overboard.  They're both disgusting 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Mostly we have just seen Jenna & Adam hugging a lot and “flirting” (seems a bit forced to me), but Adam seems like a total douche that was just trying to manufacture a romance for the cameras/airtime. He looked like a deer in headlights when she told him she got a hotel room for them, lol. 

The bed making thing was ridiculous-Adam is so arrogant. But Parker has gone off twice now. The thing about Paget swearing at dinner was bizarre too-just ignore it or mention it once, damn. 

I really like Captain Glenn. 

• Love 5

I loathe Jenna and cannot wait until the reunion and she gets shit on for shitting on Madison after her two nights in hell, without complaint, serving the knob heads, as Paget would say.

I clapped when Adam, another knob head, knocked her back. She's surely seen him in other seasons and knows what he's about. She knew about the van and dog. Agree with poster who said she's a stage 5 clinger and it was gross to see her begging for it. She's the worst chief stew ever and the two of them suck.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, politichick said:

I loathe Jenna and cannot wait until the reunion and she gets shit on for shitting on Madison after her two nights in hell, without complaint, serving the knob heads, as Paget would say.

There is most likely not going to be a reunion given the current situation.

• Useful 1
26 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Not to mention, is there anyone that really likes this show enough for a reunion? 

That too but I haven’t checked on the ratings for this show so just went with the obvious reason.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, biakbiak said:

That too but I haven’t checked on the ratings for this show so just went with the obvious reason.

I totally hate watch this show but would like a reunion so Jenna can get a reality check.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 3/19/2020 at 9:45 AM, Sage47 said:

The bed making thing was ridiculous-Adam is so arrogant. But Parker has gone off twice now. The thing about Paget swearing at dinner was bizarre too-just ignore it or mention it once, damn. 

I'll say Parker has a legitimate point about people who throw out cuss words as part of their normal conversation.  It's rude behavior.  Having said that, it was such a weird fight to pick at that particular moment.  I didn't understand why Parker was so worked up.

As to the bed making, Adam can go kick rocks.  That also was a strange fight to pick.  If Parker was a complete slob all the time, then I could understand the criticism.  As it was, who really cares?  

On 3/19/2020 at 9:45 AM, Sage47 said:

Mostly we have just seen Jenna & Adam hugging a lot and “flirting” (seems a bit forced to me), but Adam seems like a total douche that was just trying to manufacture a romance for the cameras/airtime. He looked like a deer in headlights when she told him she got a hotel room for them, lol. 

I did wonder if Adam was just leading Jenna on for the sake of the cameras.  Not that I think he should have sex if he was uncomfortable, but I seriously wonder where he thought the kisses and hugs in the galley were going?  I could forgive Jenna a little for being confused, even if she seemed way too invested in this particular relationship. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I'll say Parker has a legitimate point about people who throw out cuss words as part of their normal conversation.  It's rude behavior.  Having said that, it was such a weird fight to pick at that particular moment.  I didn't understand why Parker was so worked up.

As to the bed making, Adam can go kick rocks.  That also was a strange fight to pick.  If Parker was a complete slob all the time, then I could understand the criticism.  As it was, who really cares?  

I did wonder if Adam was just leading Jenna on for the sake of the cameras.  Not that I think he should have sex if he was uncomfortable, but I seriously wonder where he thought the kisses and hugs in the galley were going?  I could forgive Jenna a little for being confused, even if she seemed way too invested in this particular relationship. 

Yea agree, fully understand why she thought something real was happening. I think the guy is an asshole, just wanted to get more camera time so started flirting with Jenna. But...even though I get why she thought he was into her, I didn’t understand her business-like approach to getting him to sleep with her. If you have to beg like that, something is wrong.

She also kept saying on talking heads how much she wanted to have sex with him but he was “standing his ground”. But Jenna, why would he?? What guy his age/experience level would??! She didn’t pick up that he was just a dick underneath. 

• Love 4

That Adam. What a dick. He should just give in to the sexual demands of his coworkers regardless of whether wants to have sex or not. I mean a flirtation means he is really asking for it and he has to put out. 

It’s right there in the employee handbook next to the section about how if you dress like that you are just asking for it.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 3/16/2020 at 10:46 PM, njbchlover said:

I'm still wondering if any of them are in a serious or committed relationship with anyone - probably not, because it seems there is no room in their lives for anyone else but themselves.  They are probably afraid to commit because their egos are so fragile they are too worried about rejection.  

I see this, but why do people think being in a committed relationship means a person is an adult.  Many people are in committed relationships and are still assholes.

Those guys think they're on Jersey Shore but they're about 15 years too old, and they were pigs because when Glenn told them they had to have a curfew that last night, they were like, "okay." 

Jenna is very immature; okay she likes Adam, but wait until the season is over to have sex, that she can't wait shows her immaturity.    I think Jenna sees Madison as one of those entitled millenniaals who wants to be told how wonderful they are 24/7.  But I think what Madison wants is just to be told "good job" every now and then. 

I don't like Georgia for some reason.  I think she threw Madison under the bus a few times.

On Below Deck Med, Simone complained that she was always doing laundry.  Captain Lee told her that was the more important job on the boat and he'd never seen the laundry more organized.  When Georgia fucked up the laundry, no one was happy, so there you go.

• Love 2

Jenna bitching about "the girls" asking for her opinion on how they'd organized the pantry (or really just explaining to her how they did it). Seems it would be helpful for Jenna to know where the meat is now?

A simple "that sounds good" would have been the end of it. Why is their asking a hanging offense?

• Love 10
On 3/18/2020 at 3:27 PM, ChristmasJones said:

I find myself wondering what would have happened with the Jenna and Adam trajectory if she had not been so bold at this point.  Not that it matters at all.. 

Adam has shown himself to be one of those singles who only goes for the ones he knows are unattainable. We've seen Brooke throw herself at him, and I believe Hannah did at one point and he ran for the hills. As soon as he knew Malia was no longer interested in him, he was pining for her. Jenna seemed distant at first, so he went in... as soon as she confirmed she was game for it becoming serious... he ran for the hills again.

• Love 2
On 3/20/2020 at 6:36 PM, txhorns79 said:

I'll say Parker has a legitimate point about people who throw out cuss words as part of their normal conversation.  It's rude behavior. ...

As to the bed making, Adam can go kick rocks.  That also was a strange fight to pick.  

I agree re: Parker. I think it's easy to forget how crude we can sound when we're relaxing around others who may swear just as much. However, when dining out, in a foreign city, everyone should automatically be more aware of their language. I call it the "Mom Effect". I could swear to the point where I'd make a sailor blush, but as soon as I became aware that my Mom was within earshot, I'd be saying "Sunny Beaches", "Cheese Whiz", and "Flippin". I was 29 before my Mom discovered my siblings weren't lying when they declared I had a potty mouth. And as for Adam and the bedmaking? WTH? The crew is lucky if they get 8 hours sleep. Making my bed would be the least of my worries. 

• Love 4
On 3/19/2020 at 5:59 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

Not to mention, is there anyone that really likes this show enough for a reunion? 

That's why a reunion is necessary. We despise these people enough to demand they be accountable for their crappy personalities.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/16/2020 at 6:30 PM, nytonc said:

dick move Adam, telling Parker it’s protocol to make your bed????? Who gives a shit?!?! When have we ever seen made crew beds? What an ass!  and of course Pigett backs Adam. 

That's just the moment when I wish someone more knowledgeable would interrupt Adam and say, "Oh and it's also protocol that chefs never wear croc sandals and dirty baseball caps while cooking". That would shut Adam up. The man looks like he doesn't bathe, yet he's fussy about someone else's bedding.

• Love 4
On 3/17/2020 at 9:07 AM, Lassus said:

Jenna and Adam deserve each other's horribleness, but I would have sort of assumed if I was 'dating' or had that flirtation with Adam that long that he would have at least SOME interest at least in having some manner of sex.

I agree with you (and I am as old as dirt) lol. To me, one day of dating on BD is equivalent to a week. So yes, if the fellow I am interested in is always finding moments to  make out with me, while alluding to good times to come, I would assume that once we were on our 2nd crew outing, we'd be looking for somewhere to 'relieve the tension'. If after all of that 'teasing' my lust-interest suddenly put the brakes on, I would assume there may be bigger issues HE is facing. I am not interested in being someone's sex therapist, so I'd be checking out, and welcoming back the former friendship. Nothing more would need to be said, or explained. Life is too short.

On 3/17/2020 at 2:07 AM, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Jenna: "Look I don't have time to do my job and manage you. All my time is taken up by hugging Adam, humping his leg, flirting with him, and rubbing glasses dry. OMG, I'm soooooooooooo busy!"

Also Jenna? You shouldn't have to try this hard to get a guy to fuck you. If you have to convince/practically beg a guy to have sex with you, he's just not that into you

Also, I hate the fucking way she speaks, it drives me fucking nuts. She's like nasally and Canadian valley girl all in one. Ugh, my ears. 

This show.... "hey we're going to show this uncomfortable situation of Madison getting literally picked up by a drunk guy! Oh and we're also going to show her in her underwear changing."

Some people are just not meant to be managers. Jenna is one of them. My former boss is another. Madison doesn't need you to hold her hand. It'd just be nice if one's boss was less occupied with flirting with a colleague and more involved in....that whole managing thing. JFC.

OMG, I cannot stand her voice.  I'm just now binge watching this show and she really has THE WORST voice ever.  The vocal fry is bad enough but combined with that monotone valley girl cadence it is beyond awful.

• Love 3
On 5/21/2020 at 9:38 AM, sasha206 said:

Also Jenna? You shouldn't have to try this hard to get a guy to fuck you.

Having to put any effort into getting a guy to fuck is your first big clue that YOU are desperate. And trying to get Adam to fuck you is your first big clue you are batshit crazy. 

• Love 3