Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Oooof There It Is!

• Start Topic

The guests have an out-of-control party, prompting Capt. Glenn to set limits on this testosterone-filled charter; Adam critiques Parker's cabin etiquette; Paget and Georgia take a swim together, and Ciara catches them in a compromising position.

Airs March 16, 2020.

Just dropping by to say these guests are such animals! Nice job Byron going back to bed and leaving your crewmates to deal with them. I feel so bad for Madison.  Parker & Madison should get should get all the tip money or at least Jenna’s.  Although these guys probably left a shitty tip.  I bet if Madison had woken Jenna up, she would have been screamed at for doing so. She appreciates nothing. FFS Madison got manhandled and served the monkeys all night and didn’t complain.  Give her some credit!  I really can’t fucking stand Jenna! also dick move Adam, telling Parker it’s protocol to make your bed????? Who gives a shit?!?! When have we ever seen made crew beds? What an ass!  and of course Pigett backs Adam. 

Edited by nytonc
  • Love 22

Jenna is a pain in the ass, but I liked her assessment that even if drinking were an Olympic sport these guys would still suck.

I’m so glad one of them ended up with sabered champagne bottle glass in their foot.

• Love 15

Jenna has a weird aggressive personality with the opposite sex. Her very business-like proposition to Adam that they get a hotel-yiiikes. I already felt that the guy just wasn’t that into her but then she gets a few kisses from him and is methodically (and desperately) booking a hotel for sex? Oh dear....

He was very obviously NOT into it and giving her every gentle excuse in the book and she would NOT let up. She has serious issues. That was truly weird. She has no idea how to build sexual tension, let the guy take some of the lead...

Georgia could teach her a few things. But man, she is skating on thin ice with the Paget/Ciara dynamic. I don’t feel that Paget is that into Ciara anymore. They have been together a looong time, from a young age. Time to branch out. Even Jenna noticed what I said-they seem like brother and sister. That said, Georgia should not be disrespecting their relationship! Let them figure it out (it will be Paget that does). 

• Love 16

Parker just doesn't know when to shut up.  I have a mouth like a sailor but I didn't mind him asking Paget to cool it with the F-bombs at dinner.  But then he wouldn't let up!  Say it once and be done with it!

• Love 21

Jenna really wants it bad and that’s not good.

She had him pegged right. He just wants to live in his van with his dog.

On the other hand Adam is right that the emotion is a little over board for this situation. 

Oh and Ciara Is going to castrate Paget with a dull spoon in his sleep. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 6

Adam is a tool ... first he tells Madison he’s trying to bone horse face(Jenna) but then he’s offended when horse face actually wants to bang .... d bag Adam wants to talk a big game and shit behind everyone’s back .... Ciara is pathetic too .... thinks she can say and do whatever she wants cause her bf( who seems wants nothing to do with her) is the Bosun .... Parker is a typical millennial even when he’s right about something he goes overboard .... he’s weird too ... he’s a sissy mommas boy

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Bros are lame, dancing with themselves and imbibing all the time.  Probably encouraged to appear on camera like they're having a good time.  You don't have to go on a fake yacht charter on a TV show to drink.

Adam and Jenna being assholes to the underlings, so contrived.  Of course there has to be conflict or else it's not a TV show.  So their role is to be mean girls and haze the rookies.

Generally I just want both of them to STFU.  But Jenna broke out her claws with the crack about living alone in his van.

That might also have been for the cameras, him flirting -- if that's what they want to call it -- with Jenna but never had any intention to do more than that.

• Love 6

The only one worth a damn is Madison, poor thing is working her butt off while having to dodge pigs trying to grab and grope her. Ciara outranks Parker (who talks about himself in the 3rd person, ugh), he needs to shut up and quit undermining her. I bet he wouldn’t do that if she were a man. Jenna is useless and an absolute asshole, he doesn’t want to have sex with her so she goes full incel. All of those bro-guests need to be thrown into a volcano, nothing worth salvaging in any of them.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

The word "douchenozzle" was invented specifically to describe these guests. Like FFS they are misogynist knuckleheads.

BUT

If I was paying a pile of money like they are I would expect to be able to get something more than kit kats and a toastie when  I want food. It's supposed to be a 5 star experience and in any hotel you have 24/7 room service. Adam should have been woken up. Period. 

Considering what was happening and what these guys are like Jenna should have anticipated a party (or something happening) back at the boat instead of bitching at Madison about not waking her up and given Madison some guidelines about what she could do if something like that happened e.g. wake up Adam to cook....then again she wouldn't want to overwork her boyfriend *barf*

Jenna bitches and whines to Adam about the girls (completely unprofessional and really fucking bitchy) and then complains about them not doing a good job - while she acts like she's senior trough girl at a pig form instead of lead stew on a luxury yacht. Ugh can not stand her.

And Adams constant snark and sarcasm and that shit eating grin ? It's true - straight guys really ARE bitchier than us gays lol.

The whole Paget/Georgina thing is out of control and if I was Ciyarra I would have kicked HIM in the balls and reminded Geogia what fucking girl code is.

Parker (and Madison mainly) are probably the best of a bad bratty bunch.

TBH I really am not that excited when a new episode comes along and the way Below Deck Med ended this season I am kinda over the whole boat thing. Although now Hannah's gone things might take a different course and hopefully Jenna will be out next season. I'll hang in till the end of the season and start fresh next season(s)!

What's next? Below Deck Tugboat??

*sigh* Ahhh that feels better - rant over 😄 

Edited by F8.
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Wow Jenna.  What a bitch.  Team Madison.  For all her complaining about her stews, all we see Jenna do is flirt with Adam and dry some dishes.  What's your priority Jenna?  Flirting with Adam and trying to get him into bed or the guests and being a leader to your stews?

Parker does need to learn a lot but that doesn't mean he's always wrong.

Nuff said abut these guests.  I don't recall any worse on the Below Deck series. 

Totally - and I kinda like Parker. He's probably the least stick-up-his-ass one there and considering he can console Madison while keeping the bro's happy shows more maturity than the rest of them have. Imagine being stuck between Paget and Ciyarra's weird-ass relationship. Hell. 

• Love 20

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or throw something at my tv when Jenna told Adam that Madison's crazy energy level was spent on complaining, not working, and it was so disappointing.  Yeah, so says the person who was fast asleep (along with Georgia AND Adam) while Madison and Parker were doing all the heavy lifting.  

I guess Jenna got her sense of entitlement and work ethic the same place she learned about men and how to read them.  

Adam, you're a dick but you need to cut your losses because Jenna clearly got off the Crazy Train at Batshit Station.   

I'm totally with Parker - - if Adam has a problem with him as a roommate, he should talk to Parker directly, not behind his back and to the crew.  (In that regard, Adam and Jenna are a perfect match.)  And I've never heard anyone talk about emotional distress from an unmade bed before on any BD.  I get the hierarchy but I don't think that should mean that you get beat up on.  Just because Parker is the newbie and at the bottom of the chain doesn't mean he's wrong.   He works hard, he has a good attitude; he should be more appreciated (like Madison.)

Georgia may say she's not the mistress type or whatever but she seems to have zero self-awareness or regard for her actions with Paget.  Not only is he the boyfriend of another woman, that other women is your co-worker.  Have some respect for yourself and others, Georgia.   That said, Ciara should kick Paget to the curb. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
11 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

Good question, Madison. Why didn’t you wake Ms. Perfect chief stew? I would have in a heartbeat!

That would have interfered with Madison's martyr complex. 

Jenna keeps getting worse as the season goes along.  I was giving her the benefit of the doubt, but that's gone.  Her conversation with Cierra about relationships was cringe inducing.  Yes, you should act like brother and sister AT WORK.   No, you shouldn't be grabbing each other's arses in the galley.  For Adam's part, he's been in the middle of several drama fests because he's willingly entered into or tried to enter into ship board romances.  This man is unable to learn from experience.

• Love 8

Jenna was disingenuous when she said Madison should have woken her up--the alarm went off on the whole boat when the guests were partying.  Glenn & Byron both woke up.  You'd think that everyone should have gotten up just to make sure that the boat wasn't in distress.  At that point, Jenna could have seen that things were in the shitter with the guests.  Also, no doubt Jenna would have bitched to anyone who would listen (ahem, only Adam) if Madison got her up to help with the rowdy party.

ITA @F8.--if I'm on a luxury yacht and I want food, even late in the night, I want more than veggies & hummus...which was exactly what I was eating while watching from my couch.  I don't equate "what I got on sale at Costco last week" with "things I need to tip $6,667 a day for."  It's got to be, at a bare minimum, what would be on the late night 24 hour room service menu at a good hotel. It was the second night these guests wanted late night food--Adam could have prepped something in anticipation while the dudes were off the boat and given instructions on how to finish it for whomever was on lates.  He's just lazy as shit.

As for the whole Adam/Jenna drama, they both came off as nuts for different reasons, but damn if it didn't make me smile when she told him he should just head off and live alone in his van.  It's like she's been reading these boards for a few years. LOL

I still *want* to like this show, but it is kind of slow.  It's much better than the last season of the original--I mean, Paget actually though perhaps sexism was at play when the guests would listen to the male crew members but not the female members.  That would be a bridge too far for those shitheads on BD original.  I hope it gets better--the woman next week who only sniffs food could be a fun stark target.

• Love 12

I am about 1000% convinced Georgia is following instructions from Production on her Paget flirtation, and maybe 75% convinced Paget and Ciera are in on it.  Utter and total intuition and knowitallism, but I wouldn't be surprised.

• Love 7

Jenna is the worst Cheif Stew in the history of Below Deck. Congratulations Jenna, you're now my most disliked Cheif Stew and have bumped Kate to 2nd place. 

Hannah can come replace Jenna at anytime now. At least  Adam would do his job and not have his own personal cheerleader. 

I was disappointed in Byron,  who decided it was a good idea to leave  Madison and  Parker to deal with those morons.  I'm hoping  he's the one that woke Glenn up. Glenn was calm and stern with those fools and continues to be my favorite Captain .

Paget and Georgia  are trash. Paget is trash for openly flirting in front of his girlfriend and Georgia is trash for allowing it.

Adam, Paget and Jenna are bullies. Parker is snapping at them because he's becoming frustrated with them thinking it's okay to speak to people however they please. 

Edited by spunky
  • Love 5

I'm totally with Parker - - if Adam has a problem with him as a roommate, he should talk to Parker directly, not behind his back and to the crew.  (In that regard, Adam and Jenna are a perfect match.)  And I've never heard anyone talk about emotional distress from an unmade bed before on any BD.  I get the hierarchy but I don't think that should mean that you get beat up on.  Just because Parker is the newbie and at the bottom of the chain doesn't mean he's wrong.   He works hard, he has a good attitude; he should be more appreciated (like Madison.)

I agree!  Parker is a hard worker and the newbie but it just seems like when he is corrected if doing something wrong, they talk down to him and Bryon (I think) said he should know making your bed is expected on a boat.  he gets up at 4am and has already been chastised by Adam for making too much noise when he gets up.  How is supposed to make his bed in the dark and not make noise?

And food for guests at night.  Yes I agree with poster upthread that Adam should have had something in the kitchen Madison could have heated up or whatever for the drunks when they came back from bar.  What is the first thing drunk people want after a night of drinking?  FOOD! I call Adam and even Jeana for not planning on this and letting the lesser (in their minds) coworkers handle it.  Parker and Madison did 90% of the hard lifting with this group of drunks.

Jeana worse chief stew EVER.  And needy too.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, scrb said:

But Jenna broke out her claws with the crack about living alone in his van.

That was the best line of the show! As much as I dislike her I can't stand him either. It might be interesting to see the fallout from this next week. Hopefully it will end all the pda and maybe Jenna will do some actual work. And i wonder who she'll have to join her in berating the stews. My money's on Ciara.

Edited by Lady of nod
  • Love 8

I go back and forth on Parker.  He has honesty and earnestness, but just seems a bit too weird for me.  I guess this is all American Telenovella Style, but even if Adam is a dick, why throw a goddamned fit about the MAKING YOUR BED thing.  "Oh, sorry, OK", then just call him a dick in talking head, or even say "just tell ME what you think, geez".   

I guess I think that about all these weirdos, and there would be NO SHOW if people weren't lunatics who can't work together, but I'm still not on the "Parker is awesome" train.  Or maybe it's that he's awesome but concerning.  The whole scolding someone about cursing at this point in the season seemed especially odd.

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

And food for guests at night.  Yes I agree with poster upthread that Adam should have had something in the kitchen Madison could have heated up or whatever for the drunks when they came back from bar.  What is the first thing drunk people want after a night of drinking?  FOOD! I call Adam and even Jeana for not planning on this and letting the lesser (in their minds) coworkers handle it.  Parker and Madison did 90% of the hard lifting with this group of drunks.

Adam gives zero fucks about what the guests want - see BDM season 2.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I have another question. 

Is it just me, or Gen X (of which I am a part), or internet dating, or living in San Francisco in the late 90s and NYC in the 00s, but... 

Aren't a lot of these courtships bizarrely long?  I mean, Jenna and Adam deserve each other's horribleness, but I would have sort of assumed if I was 'dating' or had that flirtation with Adam that long that he would have at least SOME interest at least in having some manner of sex.

I'm terrible, right?  I'm not on board with modern times, or too on board?  Freely admit I'm somewhat lost on this thing between them.  I sorta feel like she has reason to be annoyed/upset, ALTHOUGH she has been saying "relationship" an awful lot, so maybe that's what's bugging him out.  I dunno.  Maybe they're just being regular common folk here and I'm a maladjusted liberal arts graduate.

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I am about 1000% convinced Georgia is following instructions from Production on her Paget flirtation, and maybe 75% convinced Paget and Ciera are in on it. 

Yep. And Adam is trolling Jenna.

I think production arranged for Madison to be stuck alone with the jerk guests late at night. They let the captain get up (or he insisted) because of concerns for the yacht.

Adam is one of the creepiest guys on the Below Deck franchise. I think he basically hates everyone except his dog. And whatever woman he is obsessed about and allows him to martyr himself.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, F8. said:

The word "douchenozzle" was invented specifically to describe these guests. Like FFS they are misogynist knuckleheads.

What's next? Below Deck Tugboat??

Didn’t Eddie say on the All-Cast Reunion recently that he now works on a tugboat?! Lmao! Andy Cohen is already working out the details and seeing if Rocky is available...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, spunky said:

Hannah can come replace Jenna at anytime now. At least  Adam would do his job and not have his own personal cheerleader. 

Adam would just switch to chasing after one of the stews.  Annoying Hannah would be added fun for him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, terrymct said:

Adam would just switch to chasing after one of the stews.  Annoying Hannah would be added fun for him.

He needs to go back to Sandy's boat, so that she can micromanage his every breath. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, spunky said:

He needs to go back to Sandy's boat, so that she can micromanage his every breath. 

Even under her micromanaging we got the painful Malia nonsense!

I don’t want to always compare a chief stew to Kate but even for strews she couldn’t stand (Rocky, Jen, Simone to name three) she gave them props be it serving guests or doing laundry. Madison wasn’t asking to be tongue bathed but to just have anyone say lit was hard, it was shitty, but we saw what you did! That’s completely reasonable! But we have Adam who decided to cook alll the bacon hours before anyone was stirring and bitch about it and make Madison feel like shit for good measure!

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Sage47 said:

Didn’t Eddie say on the All-Cast Reunion recently that he now works on a tugboat?!

I'm thinking Eddie's real job was always working on a tugboat. BD was just a side gig for him.

Edited by Passing Strange
  • Love 4

36 minutes ago, Passing Strange said:

I'm thinking Eddie's real job was always working on a tugboat. BD was just a side gig for him.

Eddie talked about how he  worked on a tugboat literally on the first episode of the original Below Deck.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

I've never watched BD Med so this is my first time seeing Adam and he's a real dick.  He's just as gossipy as Jenna.  They're like two mean girls.   I thought it was funny that he shut her down with the hotel room, she was acting really desperate. 

Jenna is a horrible person.  I don't believe she would have been happy if Madison had woken her during the night.  She probably would have said that Madison was weak because she couldn't handle it on her own.  You can't win with her, no matter what you do it's always wrong.

Those guests were assholes "Did the bitches leave?"  Pigs.

• Love 18

Adam always gave me murdery vibes. But Jenna is getting what she deserves.  When part of your foreply is based around putting others down to suck up to a miserable /negative a-hole, you need to rethink your life.  I kind of get the sense Jenna talked a tough game and tried to have the "one of the guys/non-emotional/ don't care to have kids/ am a bitch to my subordinates" vibe but it came crashing down on her when Adam became unresponsive. She is showing how much of a deep down caught up in her emotions chick she is. 

• Love 11
20 hours ago, njbchlover said:

That "main charter" guest - Richie whatever his name is - he has some serious man-breasts!  I guess that's why we never saw him without a shirt (or, any of those guys, for that matter).  

Bunch of roidheads still trying to live out their youth, as it fades fast.  These guys were not young.  They all should be living a much better life than slicing champagne bottles (and, then, in an ironic twist, slicing a toe), picking up random drunk girls just to show off how hot and how much money they have, only to have these girls puke and leave, fist/chest bumping like they just won the Superbowl and living life like a bunch of immature assholes.  

I'm still wondering if any of them are in a serious or committed relationship with anyone - probably not, because it seems there is no room in their lives for anyone else but themselves.  They are probably afraid to commit because their egos are so fragile they are too worried about rejection.  

At least they left a nice tip.

Oh, and Jenna is the worst chief stew of every chief stew on any iteration of Below Deck.  Madison should have been praised and applauded for stepping up and basically single-handedly corraling these charter guests.  She should not be complained about or belittled.  

I think Parker deserves some credos too staying up all night being a vomit cleaner, bucket runner and a water taxi, instead he gets crap for not making his bunk!  Madison and Parker are the only people I like on this yacht.

• Love 24

Adam just wants someone to gossip with and be on his side when the entire crew starts getting sick of his shit. Which they will. He has no interest in boning Jenna but it’ll be fun watching her fall apart as he keeps rejecting her. 

• Love 6

Seriously... is filling a glass with champs while holding said glass with your teeth all while taking a selfie a "thing" now?  Asking for a friend who is finding it exhausting to keep up with these middle-aged kids...

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I feel bad for Jenna. She put it out there that she likes Adam. A lot. He is just not that into her and she can’t deal. It’s bad enough when it happens to you but it is much worse when it plays out on television in front of millions of people.

I hope she can come back from this.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, endure said:

I think Parker deserves some credos too staying up all night being a vomit cleaner, bucket runner and a water taxi, instead he gets crap for not making his bunk!  Madison and Parker are the only people I like on this yacht.

Yes - you are exactly right!  Jenna and Adam are so annoying - they slept the night away while the ones they are bitching about kept things under control that night.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Yes - you are exactly right!  Jenna and Adam are so annoying - they slept the night away while the ones they are bitching about kept things under control that night.  

And wasn’t it actually two nights that Parker and Madison were up catering to the beasts?  You would think the captain would have at least tipped his hat to them during the tip meeting, he was def aware of their extra work.  And speaking of hats - what was up with them all wearing those ridiculous sailor caps? 🙄

• Love 11

Jenna is truly awful, but I think I still hate Adam the most. Condescending, narcissistic, gaslighter... he’s got it all! 

I agree that there is something that seems very “off” about Georgia’s flirtation with Paget. Whether she’s being egged on by producer—or simply thought flirting with him would be a way to ensure her storyline—it comes off as very disengenuous. And Ciara’s non-reaction to it also adds to the weirdness of it all. 

Parker’s reaction to the bed making comment seemed a bit extreme. On the other hand, I can see Adam, Jenna, Ciara—possibly Paget—were probably getting on his case about things from day one. Sometimes all those microaggressions build up, and then you finally explode. 

The swearing comment at dinner was still weird, though. 

17 hours ago, Lassus said:

I have another question. 

Is it just me, or Gen X (of which I am a part), or internet dating, or living in San Francisco in the late 90s and NYC in the 00s, but... 

Aren't a lot of these courtships bizarrely long?  I mean, Jenna and Adam deserve each other's horribleness, but I would have sort of assumed if I was 'dating' or had that flirtation with Adam that long that he would have at least SOME interest at least in having some manner of sex.

I'm terrible, right?  I'm not on board with modern times, or too on board?  Freely admit I'm somewhat lost on this thing between them.  I sorta feel like she has reason to be annoyed/upset, ALTHOUGH she has been saying "relationship" an awful lot, so maybe that's what's bugging him out.  I dunno.  Maybe they're just being regular common folk here and I'm a maladjusted liberal arts graduate.

I mean, they’ve known each other like a week.. maybe 2 at this point. I wouldn’t exactly classify that as a long courtship! That said, I totally see Adam being a classic fuckboy and giving her mixed signals. 

• Love 3

I guess I imagined it as closer to three.  Three weeks of constant flirtation and entendres in daily contact consummated by only making out does sound damned slow to me.  It's mostly the constant daily interaction that informs that for me.  I mean, working apart, seeing each other even a couple times a week, no doubt and absolutely.  But I worked in a number of summer programs and jobs, the same kind of daily interactions, and this seems long.  I'll cop to simply not getting it.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1

Ciara's face whenever she deadpans in the talking heads that "Georgia & Paget may be flirting but it doesn't affect me one bit," looks like she's about to snap any moment.  Lmfao. Like she's going to blow up the whole sailboat with a stick of dynamite at a moment's notice. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, endure said:

And wasn’t it actually two nights that Parker and Madison

Two nights for Madison, one night for Parker and one night for Ciara and the third night they went to bed early.