Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
TheView

"The View": Week of 3/16/2020

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Adults have pubic hair.  It's only been in recent times that pubic hair has been seen as gross or bad.  It's normal. 

Um...no...there was nothing "normal" about this situation!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I have no idea what Meg’s monologue was about or what Whoopi’s pontificating meant. This show needs to go on hiatus. They are babbling but not saying anything of value. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

 

29 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I wonder if they’re taping multiple episodes each day. 

The announcer didn't say "live" at the beginning, so this one is pre-taped.  Explains why Sara's hair is the same.  Without those giant earrings, it looks much more tolerable.

Ooh, Elizabeth smackdown!  My first thought was, with this kind of talk, there's no way the network would hire her, since Meghan would hate it.  Then I realized, no, this is exactly why the network would want her - more "sparks". 

 

Edited by lusinia
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, lusinia said:

, Elizabeth smackdown

Oooooh, that‘s who Meg meant about praying away the virus!

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

In the past hour, Andrew Cuomo just ordered non-essential workers to stay home.  I imagine this means today will be their last show for a while. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, lusinia said:

In the past hour, Andrew Cuomo just ordered non-essential workers to stay home.  I imagine this means today will be their last show for a while. 

nah....they will all just come to us via video and maybe we get to see megzy's bedside table with her treasured possessions 

 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

10 minutes ago, lusinia said:

In the past hour, Andrew Cuomo just ordered non-essential workers to stay home.  I imagine this means today will be their last show for a while. 

The most important political show on television isn't essential? I think Meghan might have a few words for you. Her words are essential, even when they don't make sense.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/19/2020 at 8:06 AM, Haleth said:

Whoopi suggests that if you are a good “sewer” you can help by sewing masks for hospital workers.  Uh, what?

Oh well, here comes Trump at 11:30. See y’all tomorrow. 

I wondered about it too but to my surprise, this a.m., here in Seattle area, at least one hospital has announced a project to sew cloth masks to fit over N95 masks to make them last longer.  They are asking for volunteer "sewers" to help with this project of at least 100 mask.  Interesting.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, lusinia said:

.  I imagine this means today will be their last show for a while.

I haven't been able to see the show for the past two days, thanks to our fearless leader who picks 11:00 am. to deliver his daily message of NOTHING.

Mags must stay home and tend to her poor hair extensions, delicate wee creatures that they are. And keep her sweetie pie Ben company. Can you imagine being holed up with someone like our Mags? Wonder if we'll see them on an episode of Live PD.....or Dateline?

That bourbon's not gonna drink itself.... 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

I wondered about it too but to my surprise, this a.m., here in Seattle area, at least one hospital has announced a project to sew cloth masks to fit over N95 masks to make them last longer.  They are asking for volunteer "sewers" to help with this project of at least 100 mask.  Interesting.

Yeah, my gf who lives in OR posted on FB about this too: https://www.providence.org/lp/100m-masks

Share this post


Link to post

Was Sara in the middle of getting her roots done and then went out on stage? It looks like hair color on her forehead.

Can't she do better with her hair?

Edited by OnTime
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Remember Rosie left after that fight with Bitsy. Barbara stepped in for a while in her place and she had asked Joy to become the moderator and she had refused the offer and it was later offered to Whoopie down the line.  Whoopie has always said that Joy is part of the reason that she got the job..

Joy also recommended they choose Whoopi over Gayle King, so Whoopi owes her even more.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 3/19/2020 at 9:46 AM, Sam Spayaid said:

Now we see her as some very vapid, very ill-informed bimbo. I think she was some D-Lister on a long since cancelled reality show but I also know her from her classy nude modelling days that were all over the Internet and no, they were anything but "tasteful". These were gross, skanky porno shots and let me tell you.....she obviously didn't believe in waxing....THAT!

Where are the mods? This is highly inappropriate.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

I have no idea what Meg’s monologue was about or what Whoopi’s pontificating meant. This show needs to go on hiatus. They are babbling but not saying anything of value. 

From what Whoopi said today, I take it they believe they are providing an important public service to all us plebes stuck at home. Seeing them daily, live on The View, gives us all a sense of calm and normalcy in our otherwise shattered lives. 😄

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

From what Whoopi said today, I take it they believe they are providing an important public service to all us plebes stuck at home. Seeing them daily, live on The View, gives us all a sense of calm and normalicy in our otherwise shattered lives. 😄

Fixed that for you. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

First of all, the idea of no studio audience makes the studio much quieter, of course. Which means, when Warren was on, I heard Whoopi whispering something about 'not the right time' for something - whether she was talking to someone in the room with her, or someone in the studio - I don't know, but it came through loud and clear to me. Same with the host who took a deep sigh when Meghan was talking on-camera. Someone took a deep sigh off-camera (Sunny? Sara? Whoopi?) which just showed me they had zero interest in what McCain had to say (can't blame them). This has happened before, too.

Second - who in God's name did Sara piss off in the make-up room this week,  that they are playing this horrible trick on her? Let's face it - she looked like she was dipped in wax today, before she took her seat. her face was pale and shiny - what is going on ??? And the hairdresser decided to join the make-up artist and give her that awful hair style (if you want to call it that). Sorry Sara - someone doesn't like you there. 

I’m starting to believe they’re doing their own hair and makeup -  at least Sara. Her baby hairs have been greased down in a way I’ve never seen with her before. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

I wondered about it too but to my surprise, this a.m., here in Seattle area, at least one hospital has announced a project to sew cloth masks to fit over N95 masks to make them last longer.  They are asking for volunteer "sewers" to help with this project of at least 100 mask.  Interesting.

Everyone is joining the fight.  

 

  • Like 10
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Everyone is joining the fight.  

 

I love Christian Siriano.

1 hour ago, AryasMum said:

I’m starting to believe they’re doing their own hair and makeup -  at least Sara. Her baby hairs have been greased down in a way I’ve never seen with her before. 

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I think Sara looks fine. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Folks, let's remember to stick to the episode topic please. Feel free to discuss Covid-19 in its dedicated thread here on the forums, or in Small Talk. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, lusinia said:

In the past hour, Andrew Cuomo just ordered non-essential workers to stay home.  I imagine this means today will be their last show for a while. 

Media is considered essential and is exempt. 

Because they're under the News umbrella at ABC, not sure about them. 

Edited by AdeleDazeem · Reason: should this be moved to the COVID thread?
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, OnTime said:

Was Sara in the middle of getting her roots done and then went out on stage? It looks like hair color on her forehead.

Can't she do better with her hair?

Looks like today's show was recorded yesterday (the announcer called it an 'all new View', not 'The View is Live', and it said 'recorded earlier' in the left bottom corner). 

As I said earlier, Sara pissed off someone in the hair & make-up room, as well as the wardrobe department. They're getting back at her by dressing her like a 10 year old, and dipping her in wax before she goes out. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

MeAgain certainly had a bug up her ass today.  She didn't shut up and is doing everything in her power to take over the show in Whoopi's on-air absence.  I thought Whoopi looked annoyed after MeAgain went on her Fox News rant.  I also thought it was totally inappropriate for her to ask Sunny if she could finish her thought regarding Fox News.  Also the comment about being the ONLY conservative on main stream media is a frigging stretch.  Who the hell does she think she is????

On another note, has anyone else seen any of the news releases regarding Candi Carter, the Executive Producer of The View (formerly of Oprah Show) leaving The View and joining Tamron's show as show runner?  Would love to know the deets on that one.  She's highly regarded from what I've read.  That will leave dimwit Brian, who I swear has a crush on you know who, running the show.  Just keeps getting worse, like the virus.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, AryasMum said:

I’m starting to believe they’re doing their own hair and makeup -  at least Sara. Her baby hairs have been greased down in a way I’ve never seen with her before. 

I think she's copying Keke, who has copious amounts of baby hairs ... LOL.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AdeleDazeem said:

Media is considered essential and is exempt. 

Because they're under the News umbrella at ABC, not sure about them. 

I also wondered if their being part of ABC News would make a difference.  Obviously, the rest of ABC News does the actual business of delivering the news to people.  This show, with none of the hosts being anything close to as careful as actual journalists are in making sure they give their viewers accurate information, is not really serving the same purpose.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

On another note, has anyone else seen any of the news releases regarding Candi Carter, the Executive Producer of The View (formerly of Oprah Show) leaving The View and joining Tamron's show as show runner?  Would love to know the deets on that one.  She's highly regarded from what I've read.  That will leave dimwit Brian, who I swear has a crush on you know who, running the show.  Just keeps getting worse, like the virus.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/tamron-hall-candi-carter-talk-show-showrunner-1203538166/

At the end of the show they announce it. Candi was there with Whoopi.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/18/2020 at 12:08 PM, A.J. said:

When will her reign end on this how?   

Please lmk so I can start watching again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe Meghan will take over Carter's position as exec producer ? She can retitle the show "MY View...and Only Mine". 

Is it coincidental that Behar took this week off while this was going on behind-the-scenes with Carter? From the timeline, it looks like Carter joined the show when Behar came back in 2015.  Wonder of Behar will come back full time - ever ? 

  • Like 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think MM missed the point Sunny was making re Tucker Carlson (surprise surprise).  Love him or hate him, it’s friggin scary that he’s the one that convinced “the new guy” (TM Whoopi) that the virus wasn’t a Democratic hoax.  Don’t listen to the doctors or scientists; listen to a host on your favorite cable network.  The fact that he’s been responsible in his journalism (and color me skeptical of that, but I’ll concede the point for the sake of argument) is completely beside the point!
 

Meanwhile, the followers who believe everything the new guy says haven’t been taking precautions because, you know, it’s a hoax.  And we have to interact with them when we’re out in the world.  ☹️

  • Like 12
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, jalady said:

I think MM missed the point Sunny was making re Tucker Carlson (surprise surprise).  Love him or hate him, it’s friggin scary that he’s the one that convinced “the new guy” (TM Whoopi) that the virus wasn’t a Democratic hoax.  Don’t listen to the doctors or scientists; listen to a host on your favorite cable network.  The fact that he’s been responsible in his journalism (and color me skeptical of that, but I’ll concede the point for the sake of argument) is completely beside the point!
 

Meanwhile, the followers who believe everything the new guy says haven’t been taking precautions because, you know, it’s a hoax.  And we have to interact with them when we’re out in the world.  ☹️

And you know DAMN well that the "new guy" is covering his own ass and being tested every day and has been all along. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, jalady said:

I think MM missed the point Sunny was making re Tucker Carlson (surprise surprise).  Love him or hate him, it’s friggin scary that he’s the one that convinced “the new guy” (TM Whoopi) that the virus wasn’t a Democratic hoax.  Don’t listen to the doctors or scientists; listen to a host on your favorite cable network.  The fact that he’s been responsible in his journalism (and color me skeptical of that, but I’ll concede the point for the sake of argument) is completely beside the point!
 

Meanwhile, the followers who believe everything the new guy says haven’t been taking precautions because, you know, it’s a hoax.  And we have to interact with them when we’re out in the world.  ☹️

I just have the feeling that his inner self is feeding his ego saying 'thats right, do all this and when its over its YOU they'll thank for saving the world!'

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

On 3/19/2020 at 6:08 PM, Blissfool said:

Sarah kept reminding me of J.Lo. today with her hair in a top knot. Just me?

Yep!  Gmta hah 😱

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/19/2020 at 8:46 AM, Sam Spayaid said:

Now we see her as some very vapid, very ill-informed bimbo. I think she was some D-Lister on a long since cancelled reality show but I also know her from her classy nude modelling days that were all over the Internet and no, they were anything but "tasteful". These were gross, skanky porno shots and let me tell you.....she obviously didn't believe in waxing....THAT!

IDK.  I only know her from Scream  Queens, and she was awesome in that.   Her char was off the wall bat shit crazy. Not much of a stretch lol maybe thats why she was so good. Havent seen the vid, but maybe it was a case of starting with good intentions but quickly went off the rails?

p.s.  imdb her and thats not the person i was thinking in SQ...thats Lea Michele.  Wonder if they get confused for each other a lot.  Or might be be rival frienemies.  Whoa knows.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Tammee said:

I just have the feeling that his inner self is feeding his ego saying 'thats right, do all this and when its over its YOU they'll thank for saving the world!'

Yeah he is like an arsonist who sets a fire to a house and then after putting it out says I saved the house.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Tammee said:

IDK.  I only know her from Scream  Queens, and she was awesome in that.   Her char was off the wall bat shit crazy. Not much of a stretch lol maybe thats why she was so good. Havent seen the vid, but maybe it was a case of starting with good intentions but quickly went off the rails?

p.s.  imdb her and thats not the person i was thinking in SQ...thats Lea Michele.  Wonder if they get confused for each other a lot.  Or might be be rival frienemies.  Whoa knows.

I doubt it...they've had extremely different careers, despite being 2 years apart in age.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I just watched the last full segment of Friday's show that was pre-empted in some areas due to the White House press conference, and I thought it was one of their better discussions. 

They talked about older people who aren't taking the coronavirus seriously, and Sara said that describes her parents; that she and her three siblings are all trying to convince their mom and dad to take every precaution, and they're like "yeah, yeah, yeah".

Sunny said that her parents are the exact opposite (she happened to mention that her mom is 69).  Her mother has masks, gloves, etc., and bought enough for the entire family.  She said her father has been in self-quarantine since his mother's funeral.

The contrast is fascinating, and unfortunate, for Sara and her brother and sisters.

Edited by lusinia
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Sara's parents are in Iowa and are Fox viewers.  Explains their attitude.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size