Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 3/16/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

"When they write wrap behind your head, should I wrap?" -Dr. OZ

I found it that moment so humorous. For like the first time ever Meghun wasn't paying attention to the monitors, she had her back turned to them while speaking with the Dr OZ.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Given the choice between "Dr. Phil" and Dr. Oz to give COVID19 advice on The View, Dr. Oz is leagues ahead the better choice. At least he's an actual doctor. 

I liked today's episode. I'm glad they're prioritizing the hosts health by having them stay six feet apart. At the end of the day, their health is more important than keeping up appearances just for the audience at home.

I'm sure eventually they will not be able to gather anymore as it gets worse, but I imagine it is giving people a sense of normalcy while in quarantine to see The View everyday.

I thought what Dr. Oz said about politicians having to balance both medical opinion and public opinion was very interesting, that unless you can sway public opinion, government actions will likely not be effective. It's just sad that more people will likely die just because of other people's false perceptions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Yikes - MM is freaking out on twitter about the stats in NYC - 

Fasten your seatbelts for tomorrow.

I find it interesting she’s using , “ fellow New Yorkers” NOW.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yeah, but they didn't need her or Elisabeth last week and yet they both appeared. And there was also that Campos-Duffy woman that cancelled her guest co-hosting appearance. Looks like auditions to me. Personally, my hope is they fire McCain, bring back Elisabeth to fill that seat, and bring Sara back to fill Abby's seat for a panel of Whoopi-Joy-Sara-Sunny-Elisabeth.

No no no.  As much as I despise Meghan I despise Elisabeth more. At least with Meghan at that table it isn't bible study.  And even though I pretty much disagree with Meghan on just about everything politically her answer to everything isn't pray and faith in god like Elisabeth.

• Love 23
19 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I think the makeup artist(s) at The View are just not that good at their job. We've all mentioned Joy's atrocious eye makeup. Every day I notice that Sunny's hands are a totally different shade than her face. We all remember Abby's blood red lipstick. And now, Sara! Come on, she's a natural beauty. 

I agree. There has got to better makeup artists out there. I find this show is more “miss” than “hit” with makeup.  

• Love 7

I've mentioned before that the contouring job they do on the bridge of Sunny's nose some days is way too severe.  Contouring 101:  If we can see the contouring stripe running down the middle of her nose, you aren't doing it right.  And if I can see it on my 100 year old dinosaur tv that isn't even high def than they are really, really doing it wrong!

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, OpalNightstream said:

I think the makeup artist(s) at The View are just not that good at their job.

Look at what they used to do to Abby, slapping on bright neon lipstick and gooey lip gloss., so much so that it was downright distracting! You would look at her and only see a pair of full, greasy, shiny lips. 

I tried to look away....but I couldn't.

And don't get me started but what the hell is up with Mags' hair extensions these days? Is the lighting so bad in the make up room that no one has clued in that they don't match the colour of the hair on her head?!!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, jungki said:

Dr. Oz is leagues ahead the better choice.

At least Dr. Oz was somebody before he was on Oprah's show.  I remember seeing him on tv talking about his specialty, cardiology, years before that.  Didn't Dr.Phil become a part of Oprah's circle during the trial where the beef industry sued her? 

It looks like the show might be interrupted again today.  The White House has again picked that hour to have it's daily press conference.  If that's going to be the new schedule, the show might as well take a break (which they probably should do anyway) if half the country can't watch live.  

Added - Thankfully, the press conference started late.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Didn't Dr.Phil become a part of Oprah's circle during the trial where the beef industry sued her? 

He did but recently his credentials have fallen somewhat under suspicion. There's even talk that he's not even a real doctor.......<GASP>. When his show first started, it was watchable and he seemed to continue on his Oprah path but then it radically changed and now it more resembles Jerry Springer or Maury Povitch with guests that were recruited straight out of a trailer park and now all he deals in are asshole out-of-control teens, sons or daughters who live in their car or just freeload off the parents and victims of catfishing. Real intellectual fare!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

He did but recently his credentials have fallen somewhat under suspicion. There's even talk that he's not even a real doctor.......<GASP>. When his show first started, it was watchable and he seemed to continue on his Oprah path but then it radically changed and now it more resembles Jerry Springer or Maury Povitch with guests that were recruited straight out of a trailer park and now all he deals in are asshole out-of-control teens, sons or daughters who live in their car or just freeload off the parents and victims of catfishing. Real intellectual fare!

I had the unfortunate experience of being forced to watch Dr. Phil's show a couple of years ago while my car was being inspected and the episode was exactly as you described.  

• LOL 6

Good, Whoopi Skyping from home.

I’ve read about the Chinese authorities blaming the US military, but Trump’s comment was still childish. Meg has no problem with slurring a whole ethnicity though, saying it’s a luxury to argue verbiage.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the make up people have been sent home and the ladies are doing their own as a social distancing measure. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

HA Whoopi is moderating from home.  I'm glad she shut MM down because that kind of rhetoric (I won't be repeating it) is dangerous as hell.  She has NO problem throwing an entire ethnicity under the bus.  

• Love 13

Does anybody really think Whoopie's doctor said it was okay for her to go to work?  Seriously?  If so, bad doctor.  I think Whoopie just wanted to take this opportunity to look like she was the one making a wise decision; you know, "wise old Whoopie".

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

Whoopi isn't any more effective at stringing words together that make sense from home than she is in the studio.   It's awkward and painful to listen to.
Meghan is trying to wrestle control of the panel without WG actually being there in person to put a stop to her.   She's staging a coup!   She wouldn't even shut up when Whoopi was talking in her earpiece.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Good, Whoopi Skyping from home.

I’ve read about the Chinese authorities blaming the US military, but Trump’s comment was still childish. Meg has no problem with slurring a whole ethnicity though, saying it’s a luxury to argue verbiage. 

Your on a damn talk show Meghan.  That’s what your there to do is talk.  She argues that they are sitting around talking while people are actually dying?  (I think that’s what she was trying to say). And I’m barely paying attention, but how did this become about the left?  I swear, this is the first episode I’ve watched in weeks, and it will probably be the last for awhile.  

2 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Whoopi isn't any more effective at stringing words together that make sense from home than she is in the studio.   It's awkward and painful to listen to.
Meghan is trying to wrestle control of the panel without WG actually being there in person to put a stop to her.   She's staging a coup!   She wouldn't even shut up when Whoopi was talking in her earpiece.

MM caught that little eye roll Whoopi was doing and says “I see that you can’t hear me”.  Lol- what a straight shooter that one is!

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

HA Whoopi is moderating from home.  I'm glad she shut MM down because that kind of rhetoric (I won't be repeating it) is dangerous as hell.  She has NO problem throwing an entire ethnicity under the bus. 

Can someone mention what Meghan said.

• Love 3

Goodness.  I didn't think the talking over everyone else could be any worse, but, damn, Meghan, could you please shut up when someone else is talking. I don't understand why the powers that be can't just turn off her mike when she does this or tell her to do it.

Are we to believe that Whoopie had no symptoms but scheduled an appointment to see her doc to check her out? The last place I want to be if I am feeling ok is around people who are feeling sick. Of course, I guess being a big star, she doesn't sit in the waiting room with the rest of the world.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Can someone mention what Meghan said.

She thought it was fine that Trump calls COVID19 “the Chinese flu.”  She said the words don’t matter. 

• Love 5

I saw a clip last night in which Meghan said people are asking her for some political commentary (maybe on Twitter?) because they are staying home and need -  I don’t know- a good laugh?  And who are these people?  Is one of them her Mom, and the rest her siblings?  

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
Just now, 2JEWELL said:

I saw a clip last night in which Meghan said people are asking her for some political commentary (maybe on Twitter?) because they are staying home and need -  I don’t know- a good laugh?  And who are these people?  Is one of them her Mom, and the rest her siblings?  

I don't imagine her siblings or her mom want to hear what she has to say either.

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
Just now, Haleth said:

She thought it was fine that Trump calls COVID19 “the Chinese flu.”  She said the words don’t matter. 

She also lauded him for his very effective campaign rhetoric about Mexicans.  For a tough girl, she has no backbone when it comes to right and wrong.

• Love 18

Does Meghan think Klobuchar would know she's Biden's vp pick, like he's offered it to her already?  And why mention that she has this question on her blue card, and that she's not going to ask it?  Just don't ask the question.  She thinks we all need to know every single thought that crosses her mind.

It's one thing to have Whoopie there by satellite, but she shouldn't be moderator if she's going to have an even harder time than usual (for a better reason, though) knowing what's going on.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meghan is full of shit. Words absolutely do matter.  Call an African American boy and see what happens.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, 2JEWELL said:

And I’m barely paying attention, but how did this become about the left?  

I think Dan Abrams was the first one to mention "the left" when he was talking about them criticizing the language the president was using to characterize the virus - "Chinese". "Wuhan".  Pointing out when a politician does something wrong is supposedly only for political reasons so it therefore shouldn't be done in these particular circumstances?  That language started being used only after the situation became more serious here. 

Lol - Meghan looked like some kind of bird with the way her head was moving when that phone rang.  You would think she'd never heard one before.

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

I had the unfortunate experience of being forced to watch Dr. Phil's show a couple of years ago while my car was being inspected and the episode was exactly as you described.  

My condolences. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, lusinia said:

- Meghan looked like some kind of bird with the way her head was moving when that phone rang.  You would think she'd never heard one before.

I know.   That was so odd.   Wouldn't the adult thing to do in that situation be to ignore the distraction and just carry on?   Like all the other people at the table did.  

• Love 8
16 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yeah, but they didn't need her or Elisabeth last week and yet they both appeared. And there was also that Campos-Duffy woman that cancelled her guest co-hosting appearance. Looks like auditions to me. Personally, my hope is they fire McCain, bring back Elisabeth to fill that seat, and bring Sara back to fill Abby's seat for a panel of Whoopi-Joy-Sara-Sunny-Elisabeth.

I almost would've liked to have seen Sunny moderating, just to see McCain pissy that she has lower seniority than even Sunny, but this show is unwatchable on a normal day without Joy and I am no fan of Dr. Oz either.

Please please no Elizabeth!!!!!  I will definitely stop watching and stop recording if she's on.  She's basically a parrot for everything that's said on Fox.  I'm not even sure that she thinks about things and makes up her own mind.  Also the religion thing drives me crazy--and she can't seem to not talk about it and be super preachy.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Does anybody really think Whoopie's doctor said it was okay for her to go to work?  Seriously?  If so, bad doctor.  I think Whoopie just wanted to take this opportunity to look like she was the one making a wise decision; you know, "wise old Whoopie".

Hey!  No negative talk of our 'fearless leader'....really Sunny?  The heiffa ain't Jesus!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I know.   That was so odd.   Wouldn't the adult thing to do in that situation be to ignore the distraction and just carry on?   Like all the other people at the table did.  

Bingo

Meghan has shown us she is no adult

• Love 5
1 hour ago, 2JEWELL said:

To be fair I think she said fans were asking about political movies that she could recommend.  

And speaking of Miss McCain, she says she doesn't agree with cancel culture then she states she'll never support Vanessa Hudgens ever again about the statement Vanessa made.  Meghan seems like the most unforgiving person ever.  And this is over a statement.  I remember when Megan was freaking out to Whoopi over some criminal being forgiven for some heinous crime, getting out of jail or something like that.  It's like it's her way or no way.  I guess this is what a bad ass bitch does.  When will her reign end on this how?   

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I guess this is what a bad ass bitch does.

I  know you are being facetious but that is exactly how Meghan sees herself. When in reality she is nothing more than a spoiled child who acts out when she doesn't get her way.  When she says she hates cancel culture what she means is she hates when people cancel her when she does something offensive.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Question...did Dana Loesch have anything to say...either intelligent or otherwise?  I fast forwarded through her has I decided I wasn’t listening to someone who was the mouthpiece of the NRA..so just curious. 

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Question...did Dana Loesch have anything to say...either intelligent or otherwise?  I fast forwarded through her has I decided I wasn’t listening to someone who was the mouthpiece of the NRA..so just curious. 

She wasn’t on. (Unless it was in the last 5 mins after I turned it off.)

Edited by Haleth

I simply have no words for Vanessa Hudgens, and the video they showed of her today on the view, stating that the corona virus quaratine was b.s.  Having a cousin who is an emergency room doctor in Washington, and hearing his stories, I have lost all respect for this actress and don't give the "it was taken out of context" excuse.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She wasn’t on. (Unless it was in the last 5 mins after I turned it off.)

Some younger woman was on who I assumed was her since she was scheduled.  But who knows who they're scheduling these days.  It was later in the last half of the show.  

I haven’t watched today’s episode yet...

For me cancel culture isn’t a bad thing if the actions of someone are that deplorable. There are individuals out there who’ve gotten away with horrific behavior far too long before getting “canceled.” I don’t think someone’s career should be over simply for rumors that could very well be untrue, ignorance, a bad joke, or making a mistake that didn’t cause serious harm.

I think most of us want truly awful people off our screens and such. 

• Love 7

I really don't have an opinion of cancel culture.  For me it falls into the "So what, who cares?" department.  But when one espouses a view against cancel culture, and then gets into a twitter feud with QE's Bobby Berk, which ends with her literally saying "but clearly I won't be changing your mind. I also guess I won't be watching queer eye anymore. 😞 Have a nice day.", I feel very comfortable calling that person a hypocrite.

• Love 15
53 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Some younger woman was on who I assumed was her since she was scheduled.  But who knows who they're scheduling these days.  It was later in the last half of the show.  

They showed a clip of Vanessa Hudgens. Maybe that’s who you saw?

What a deplorable thing for her to say, basically “oh well, old people are going to die. No biggie.”  Just horrible. 

The younger woman who was on at the end of the show was Rebecca Jarvis.  She's a business correspondent for ABC.  And she got her big break as a contestant on "The Apprentice".  I kid you not (is there a vomit emoji?).  I like her anyway; she's smart. 

• Love 2

11 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

No no no.  As much as I despise Meghan I despise Elisabeth more. At least with Meghan at that table it isn't bible study.  And even though I pretty much disagree with Meghan on just about everything politically her answer to everything isn't pray and faith in god like Elisabeth.

6 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Please please no Elizabeth!!!!!  I will definitely stop watching and stop recording if she's on.  She's basically a parrot for everything that's said on Fox.  I'm not even sure that she thinks about things and makes up her own mind.  Also the religion thing drives me crazy--and she can't seem to not talk about it and be super preachy.

Different strokes. I could take Elisabeth any day over McCain. And reading all these comments about how today must've been another episode where McCain screamed over everyone nonstop and tried to usurp control of the show just reinforces my opinion. I would prefer a show without either one, but clearly that will never happen. A show with both is probably more likely.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I simply have no words for Vanessa Hudgens, and the video they showed of her today on the view, stating that the corona virus quaratine was b.s.  Having a cousin who is an emergency room doctor in Washington, and hearing his stories, I have lost all respect for this actress and don't give the "it was taken out of context" excuse.

I saw that video live on Instagram, and she appeared to be high as a kite on something. Just awful.

• Love 1