Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
TheView

"The View": Week of 3/16/2020

Recommended Posts


3 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

There aren’t many things I can imagine that are worse than being holed up with Ben Domenech all weekend. Yikes!

Being married to him???

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I didn't watch. How did Sara do?

Dear sweet Sara...I "get" that she has a kind heart and a benevolent nature, but I have to disagree with her suggestion that, in order to help small local businesses, we go out and buy gift cards for future use so the owners have immediate cash on hand.  It's a nice thought, but if a business is so close to the edge that they need gift card business to hold them up, the chances they'll survive this pandemic are slim.  That now leaves all these card purchasers "up the creek" with useless, invalid cards and a hole in their wallet.  Better think that one through a bit more, Sara.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/13/2020 at 10:56 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

So the lineup changed. Did many of the guests cancel? They should just shutdown the show for a couple of weeks or a month.

As long as they dont do what some of the shows are doing.....they have a live host chat/Hot Topics whatever.  You know its live theyre talking virus. But then the rest they are showing old segs of interviews.  Their hair is diff, same with clothes.  I think they should at least say something,

  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Imagine that the invention of a stretchy belt.  You know like we had in 1980. 
that gift card thing popped up on FB the other day. 
As stressed as I’m feeling I am distraught with my gray roots, that being said my hairstylist is financially better off than I am.  Think Walgreens will deliver a box of hair dye? 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

that gift card thing popped up on FB the other day. 
 

The suggestion to do it?  or the warning not to?

Share this post


Link to post

And Whoopi told people that if they are going buy things like gift cards online, they better hurry up because you don't know how long the UPS guy will be able to deliver them!  

will ferrell panic GIF

Edited by bannana · Reason: Spelling matters, even with acronyms
  • Laugh 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I haven’t watched yet, but regarding Dr. Phil wiping his nose with his hands...

Does anyone else ever run into situations where their nose is runny and there’s no tissue around? I try to keep tissues and antibacterial hand gel on me at all times. But if Dr. Phil is in the middle of an interview, I’m not sure if he could request a tissue? Idk. Hopefully he didn’t touch anyone and immediately washed his hands, but I’ve been there where my nose is running out of nowhere. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I haven’t watched yet, but regarding Dr. Phil wiping his nose with his hands...

Does anyone else ever run into situations where their nose is runny and there’s no tissue around? I try to keep tissues and antibacterial hand gel on me at all times. But if Dr. Phil is in the middle of an interview, I’m not sure if he could request a tissue? Idk. Hopefully he didn’t touch anyone and immediately washed his hands, but I’ve been there where my nose is running out of nowhere. 

if you know you are going to be on camera, for this particular topic, seems like having a tissue or hanky handy would be a smart idea if you had any supposed expertise/knowledge of health issues

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, bannana said:

And Whoopi told people that if they are going buy things like gift cards online, they better hurry up because you don't know how long the USP guy will be able to deliver them!  

will ferrell panic GIF

Right. Because they can’t be delivered electronically. 🙄

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, cinsays said:

if you know you are going to be on camera, for this particular topic, seems like having a tissue or hanky handy would be a smart idea if you had any supposed expertise/knowledge of health issues

True.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Tunia said:

in order to help small local businesses, we go out and buy gift cards for future use so the owners have immediate cash on hand. 

 

1 hour ago, Tunia said:

The suggestion to do it?  or the warning not to?

I don't remember where I heard it (I don't do Facebook, so it wasn't there), but I've seen it  mentioned elsewhere in the media and/or online in the last few days, more than once, so Sara probably heard it somewhere else as well.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Our governor interrupted most of the beginning of the show to announce a lockdown of bars, restaurants, movie theaters and gyms in our state starting at 5 pm (Maryland).  So I got the Dr's nice outfit - where can I get that shirt??? - Whoopi's blathering and Dr. Shill.  What's the point of working from home if Joy's not there and I have to put up with this dreck?  

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Tunia said:

Dear sweet Sara...I "get" that she has a kind heart and a benevolent nature, but I have to disagree with her suggestion that, in order to help small local businesses, we go out and buy gift cards for future use so the owners have immediate cash on hand.  It's a nice thought, but if a business is so close to the edge that they need gift card business to hold them up, the chances they'll survive this pandemic are slim.  That now leaves all these card purchasers "up the creek" with useless, invalid cards and a hole in their wallet.  Better think that one through a bit more, Sara.

She was trying to get people to buy gift cards for Sunny's restaurant. 😉

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I love Joy. And think she is so wise to quarantine herself at her age. And especially out of the most densely populated city in the world.

I like to think of herself in the Hamptons where she has a home.....enjoying herself....and making lasagnes. She is well loved by her family.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Tunia said:

The suggestion to do it?  or the warning not to?

The suggestion to do it was to support small business. I don’t remember  if was local news or bigger, 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Did anyone else notice MeAgain aggressively petting/stroking her hair, even before the show really started?  She just sat down and off she went.

everyone sharing GIF

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

She was trying to get people to buy gift cards for Sunny's restaurant. 😉

 Thanks.  We came into the show "in progress" due to our governor's presser, and I hadn't heard that part.

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, Tunia said:

 Thanks.  We came into the show "in progress" due to our governor's presser, and I hadn't heard that part.

No, I think that was tongue in cheek by @Blissfool.  Sara was suggesting that people buy gift cards for restaurants to ensure they are getting revenue, and then you can use them later when restaurants are re-opened.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Not just restaurants, but small local businesses in general, wasn't it?  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, bannana said:

Did anyone else notice MeAgain aggressively petting/stroking her hair, even before the show really started?  She just sat down and off she went.

She just can't resist!

I'm waiting for the day, when after a particularly aggressive amount of "stress-stroking", the entire thing flies off her head and whips across the table, smacking Whoopi right in the kisser.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post

Good on Whoopi for taking some time off. She’s at much greater risk than Joy given her recent health issues.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Dr. Phil yesterday and Dr. Oz today.

Whoopi is out today, but plans on coming back tomorrow after consulting her doctor.

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t like Sunny’s purple eyeshadow.

Has Meg said a word?  Never mind. She’s off and running on a rant now. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

The days that I have agreed with Megan means we are that much closer to the apocalypse.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan freaking out seems genuine, but at the same time she's only showing emotion because she's at risk if people don't follow the rules. If this wasn't a virus and it was about guns, she would be yelling at others for trying to take her guns.

It's good that she's caring now, but it's not....I don't know how to describe it, it just doesn't seem like it's to help others, but to make sure people are vigilant so they don't hurt her.

  • Like 20
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

If you're in Canada, the moment Sara mentioned online dating we got a news break. lol. Trudeau is giving another press conference (which is funny, considering how he's meant to be in quarantine)

 

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Dr. Phil yesterday and Dr. Oz today.

Whoopi is out today, but plans on coming back tomorrow after consulting her doctor.

If Whoopie's doctor is smart, and if she listens to him/her, she won't be back tomorrow.

I haven't seen Dr. Oz in ages.  I can't think of when I've seen such a bad dye job. 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I haven't seen Dr. Oz in ages.  I can't think of when I've seen such a bad dye job. 

 

I don't know how anyone can listen to that man speak.  He is a horrible speaker; he rush rush rushes through his sentences and leaves words hanging and unfinished.  It is nails on a chalkboard to me.  I'm not watching but the last I saw him it looked like he had enough Botox in his forehead to share with Nicole Kidman and 20 of her closest friends. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

If you're in Canada, the moment Sara mentioned online dating we got a news break. lol. Trudeau is giving another press conference (which is funny, considering how he's meant to be in quarantine isolation)

 

Our P.M.'s wife is in quarantine because she HAS the virus!!  He & the kids are in isolation!!

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Today's episode had to be one of the very worst in a long time. Sunny was a competent moderator, but the whole show was off without Goldberg and Behar. They need to go on hiatus for the next month or so.  Observations:

1. The set-up: It looks like each host is at war with each other, the way they are sitting so far apart from each other at that new table. Yes, I get they need to be six feet away, but that's not the way to have conversations with each other on television. What will next week bring? Will they be Skyping with each other? 

2. Sarah is obviously auditioning to come back and take Abby's seat. And whoever's doing her make-up, please give up the job. You're making her look like a senior in high school on the cheerleading team. She's too old for that look.

3. Dr. OZ was as boring and dull as ever, He brought nothing of interest to the table during such an important medical crisis. And he doesn't look too healthy giving health advice. 

4. The Governor's call-in segment went on far too long. Talk about dull and uninteresting. WOW!

5. What's left to say about Meghan ? She's over-caffeinated and needs producer Brian to shoot her with a tranquilizer dart from six feet away, every twenty minutes. I'm out of breath listening to her, and get dizzy watching her. 

Please, ABC - put this show on hiatus for the next few months until things calm down.  

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Tunia said:

 Thanks.  We came into the show "in progress" due to our governor's presser, and I hadn't heard that part.

I was kidding.😜

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Why does The View bother bringing on an unlicensed psychologist (Phil) or cardiologist (Oz) instead of an infectious disease expert or epidemiologist?

Whoopi's lungs sounded congested yesterday, so hopefully her doctor will say stay away and ABC will put this "news" show on hiatus.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

 

2. Sarah is obviously auditioning to come back and take Abby's seat. And whoever's doing her make-up, please give up the job. You're making her look like a senior in high school on the cheerleading team. She's too old for that look.

I think the makeup artist(s) at The View are just not that good at their job. We've all mentioned Joy's atrocious eye makeup. Every day I notice that Sunny's hands are a totally different shade than her face. We all remember Abby's blood red lipstick. And now, Sara! Come on, she's a natural beauty. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, bannana said:

No, I think that was tongue in cheek by @Blissfool.  Sara was suggesting that people buy gift cards for restaurants to ensure they are getting revenue, and then you can use them later when restaurants are re-opened.

Assuming they re-open. 😞

Bars and restaurants are closing here but it's being suggested that people still frequent them for carry-out orders, which I will try to do. There are a few new locally owned restaurants in town that I would like to see kept afloat. 

  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

I missed the latter half as one of our local esteemed leaders decided to once again interrupt and there went the rest of the show. Did he say anything new? Interesting? Something that we really needed to hear...right now?

NO!!! Just the same old shit we've been hearing for days now. This was on earlier today....word for word.

Mags really lost her shit over that beach scene. Is it because she now has to spend more time cooped up with Ben that she's so fired up with righteous indignation?

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

If you're in Canada, the moment Sara mentioned online dating we got a news break. lol. Trudeau is giving another press conference (which is funny, considering how he's meant to be in quarantine)

 

But unlike in the US, there is no crowd of politicians and medical experts standing next to him, shoulder to shoulder, shaking hands.  He's all alone pretty much on his front step at Rideau Cottage.  This is always good for a laugh, speaking of shaking hands!

obama trudeau GIF by NowThis

  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Those two and Dr. Drew are the trifecta of doctors that can all take a seat on the same park bench.  

Also Dr. Jennifer Anniston. If this were an outbreak of say yeast infections, I could see having her on constantly, but I would like to hear from a specialist on infectious diseases. I am not watching the show, but have seen the good Dr. everywhere on ABC. ABC is ridiculous.

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Also Dr. Jennifer Anniston. If this were an outbreak of say yeast infections, I could see having her on constantly, but I would like to hear from a specialist on infectious diseases. I am not watching the show, but have seen the good Dr. everywhere on ABC. ABC is ridiculous.

And she offers literally nothing to the discussion, yet keeps saying she could talk for hours about it.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Also Dr. Jennifer Anniston. If this were an outbreak of say yeast infections, I could see having her on constantly, but I would like to hear from a specialist on infectious diseases. I am not watching the show, but have seen the good Dr. everywhere on ABC. ABC is ridiculous.

I know it might be a typo, but this post cracked me up.

 

1 hour ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

2. Sarah is obviously auditioning to come back and take Abby's seat. And whoever's doing her make-up, please give up the job. You're making her look like a senior in high school on the cheerleading team. She's too old for that look.

Obvious to you maybe, it seems to me that Sarah is just being a good ABC employee and going where she is needed.  She left the view because she was very unhappy.  If anything the workplace has gotten more toxic since she left.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Also Dr. Jennifer Anniston. If this were an outbreak of say yeast infections, I could see having her on constantly, but I would like to hear from a specialist on infectious diseases. I am not watching the show, but have seen the good Dr. everywhere on ABC. ABC is ridiculous.

 

6 minutes ago, bannana said:

And she offers literally nothing to the discussion, yet keeps saying she could talk for hours about it.

She also said a couple weeks ago she wouldn't be changing her plans about traveling. Pretty sure she feels differently now.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I know it might be a typo, but this post cracked me up.

 

Nah- I meant to do it. 🙂 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I think Sara has been on because The View needs someone to fill the seat and she’s handy. No one else wants to come in and cohost. I hope they are paying her big bucks for hanging around an extra hour.

When they first started showing up on Oprah I loved both Drs Phil and Oz. It wasn’t until they got their own shows that they became unbearable.

Dr Anniston. Ha!  Love it. 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Our P.M.'s wife is in quarantine because she HAS the virus!!  He & the kids are in isolation!!

Yes, but he's placing himself in self imposed quarantine due to Sophie's positive test. He's fine though, this is just to be on the safe side.

In other news, I heard that Idris Elba has now tested positive of Covid19. He got himself tested after being at an event with Sophie.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I think Sara has been on because The View needs someone to fill the seat and she’s handy. No one else wants to come in and cohost

Most likely.  She is just too "vanilla" for The View. Not sure if she really has a "view".

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Most likely.  She is just too "vanilla" for The View. Not sure if she really has a "view".

Bless her heart. 

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

1. Was there some strife between Sunny & MM pre-show deciding who would moderate in Whoopi & Joys absence?

2. Is this the shows way to re-ingratiate Sara and have her replace Abby, or is it just because she’s already on the payroll and available?

3. Can they stop having these TV doctors guest cohost?  They are rarely comforting and throw off the dynamic, even if they mean well.

Edited by geekburger
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

The show looked low budget and they should just take off.  It's not like the ladies are hourly workers, they are blessed with a high salary and perks that come with their jobs.  They should just chill at home with their families. 

I think that Sara is being a good employee for ABC by showing up today, I doubt she would come back with Megan sitting there scowling and growling at the table.  

Megan is really weird, she seems on edge due to the Coronavirus. I get it but she should just chill and relax. Stress is not good for your immune system.

Doctor Oz's face is just so damn distracting to look at.  

I wish Sunny would do something with her hair. She is too beautiful to look like that. A nice short bob and darker color would be wonderful for her or she could go natural and embrace her curls.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

  

8 hours ago, Haleth said:

I think Sara has been on because The View needs someone to fill the seat and she’s handy.

Yeah, but they didn't need her or Elisabeth last week and yet they both appeared. And there was also that Campos-Duffy woman that cancelled her guest co-hosting appearance. Looks like auditions to me. Personally, my hope is they fire McCain, bring back Elisabeth to fill that seat, and bring Sara back to fill Abby's seat for a panel of Whoopi-Joy-Sara-Sunny-Elisabeth.

I almost would've liked to have seen Sunny moderating, just to see McCain pissy that she has lower seniority than even Sunny, but this show is unwatchable on a normal day without Joy and I am no fan of Dr. Oz either.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size