Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E05: The Blind Auditions, Part 5

• Start Topic

Airs March 16, 2020

Coaches Kelly Clarkson, Nick Jonas, John Legend and Blake Shelton vie to discover and coach the next singing phenomenon on the fifth and final night of blind auditions.

Does anyone have a clue how they are continuing shows like this or The Masked Singer with a studio audience? It goes against all wisdom about not gathering more than 50 people in one space. Are they going to perform without audience? I tried to seek out this info online and found nothing. Any intel on this?

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, BonnieD said:

Does anyone have a clue how they are continuing shows like this or The Masked Singer with a studio audience? It goes against all wisdom about not gathering more than 50 people in one space. Are they going to perform without audience? I tried to seek out this info online and found nothing. Any intel on this?

The shows are already taped.  I'm not sure if the Masked Singer does any live shows at all and the Voice lives won't be for weeks yet.  They still have the rest of the Blinds, then the Battles and Knockouts to go first.

• Love 2

Wasn't this taped last year? I haven't heard Kelly mention Jake winning once, she's mentioned the young girl she had on her team that won (can't remember her name) but I think they hadn't filmed the lives yet when they taped this so that's why she hasn't been bragging about winning with Jake last season. I could be wrong though.

Thank god the blinds are over, that was boring as hell. And if they didn't show all the back stories and crap with the judges they could be done with the blinds in 2 days tops! I don't remember any of the singers because no one was memorable to me. 

• Love 4

I really liked Kailey Abel's cover of Forever Young.  Plus Cedrice certainly has stage presence.  That's about all that stood out for me from this episode.

John's team does seem pretty stacked going into the battles and is probably the strongest overall.  There is going to be a real bloodbath between all those women on Kelly's team, but there is some talent there and she could be in a strong position if she chooses wisely.  Blake's team is mostly pretty mediocre, but he has enough good singers (including Kailey) that he could be competitive as always in the live shows.  Nick's team seems the weakest.

Of course, all this supposes that there will even be live shows this season.  Since I kind of doubt things will have improved enough over the next month to allow for live audiences, I wonder if they will simply cancel the season or postpone the rest of the season until the summer or fall.  They certainly won't be filming the blind auditions for Season 19 anytime soon.

Because they only have 10 each does anyone know how the eliminations will work?  After the battles they will each have 5 people.  Will they get a steal (I REALLY hate that term - they aren't stealing anything, they're taking a performer someone else didn't want) bringing them up to 6?  Then, will they go to just 3 after the battles?  It makes more sense to have a top 12 going in to the lives rather than that silliness of the public picks 2 and they pick one - they are automatically letting everyone know who AREN'T the more popular singers.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Because they only have 10 each does anyone know how the eliminations will work?  After the battles they will each have 5 people.  Will they get a steal (I REALLY hate that term - they aren't stealing anything, they're taking a performer someone else didn't want) bringing them up to 6?  Then, will they go to just 3 after the battles?  It makes more sense to have a top 12 going in to the lives rather than that silliness of the public picks 2 and they pick one - they are automatically letting everyone know who AREN'T the more popular singers.

They're doing something weird this year.  I read about it quite some time ago so I can't remember all the specifics, but it will result in a lot fewer lives (this was already planned before Covis).  In the earlier rounds they can save and then sort of steal (or maybe it's more like a second chance thing) where the stolen ones go up against each other or something like that.

I think it might be a bit like the battles on Adam's last season where he ended up with like only two people on his team.

Found it!

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/the-voice-changes-for-season-18.html/

Edited by Sile
article link
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Sile said:

They're doing something weird this year.  I read about it quite some time ago so I can't remember all the specifics, but it will result in a lot fewer lives (this was already planned before Covis).  In the earlier rounds they can save and then sort of steal (or maybe it's more like a second chance thing) where the stolen ones go up against each other or something like that.

I think it might be a bit like the battles on Adam's last season where he ended up with like only two people on his team.

Found it!

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/the-voice-changes-for-season-18.html/

Thanks for this - sounds clear as mud!  Do they have a clue what they are doing?

• LOL 1
17 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Olympics have been moved to 2021. They will either have to postpone the live shows, or they're going to be performing at an empty theater, or hermetically sealed in a studio.

I'm glad the Olympics were moved.  I was wondering if the contestants are going to perform in an empty theater.

4 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

So is this show ""live" or does Kelly Clarkson have two different bodies? One for The Voice and one for her talk show?

You have it reversed. These shows were taped months ago. Her talk show is likely taped a day or two before it airs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1