Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E14: The Favourite

Jack helps Karen sneak into the manse to retrieve her ring, but they're shocked to find it on the hand of Stan's new girlfriend; while hosting Will's surrogate, Will and Grace become the old folks they swore they'd never become.

Original air date: March 12, 2020

Aww. "Did you just get your chocolate in my peanut butter?" was an adorable line. And Karen randomly spooking a maid was so funny 😄

I am not sure a pregnant Demi should go to a mosh pit. It just seems like an irresponsible thing to do. And Grace is so right, who wants to stand after 8.30? Or before? 😉

I love that Val had the same hairstyle that Karen often used to have in the original series. It looks so good!

• Love 4

I liked when Karen noted that they had changed her old medicine cabinet into a pilates studio.

Whenever they have the show logo and photo of the cast on the screen as they announce the show will be back in one minute, I always notice that Grace is standing out in front of everyone (shouldn't Will at least be right beside her?) and that Karen is way in the back, and I wonder if there have been discussions about this as part of the feud.  That would be dumb, but it always pops in my head anyway!

• Love 3

Does anyone know how many episodes are left? Neither Grace nor Jenny are even showing yet. Hell, Jenny is still wearing belts. I don't get where this is going at all.

I did get a few good laughs out the episode though. Jack and Karen in their outlandish cartoon outfits was silly but fun. Especially with the accents. Val is always fun too in small doses. 

The problem of course is that the alternate reality of this reboot continues to confuse me, especially when it comes to Karen and Stan. I've completely lost track of when they divorced, etc.

• Love 4

There are four episodes left.  I'm guessing they will have to have some time jump to have the babies born in the finale.

Another thing I liked was how Val knew all along that it was Jack and Karen and was just going along because she's so nutty.  "How'd you know it was us?"  "Your faces!"

Karen and Stan divorced in season 2 of the reboot.  I remember that Megan performed a torch song in the episode where the divorce papers were signed (although in reality, Karen was singing into a hot dog at a laundromat).  I guess it was the episode where Will, Jack and Karen drank chocolate milk that had been drugged by his students.

• Love 4

Karen and Stan divorced in season 2 of the reboot. 

Yeah, but like with so much else I no longer know what's canon. In the OG series Stan left Karen for Lorraine, then faked his death, then came back to Karen, then they got divorced again. And I'm pretty sure we've seen Lorraine in the reboot, right? So that much is canon. So did Karen and Stan remarry sometime between the OG and the reboot? Or are we to assume they never divorced in the OG? {Head hurts.}

• Love 2
18 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah, but like with so much else I no longer know what's canon. In the OG series Stan left Karen for Lorraine, then faked his death, then came back to Karen, then they got divorced again. And I'm pretty sure we've seen Lorraine in the reboot, right? So that much is canon. So did Karen and Stan remarry sometime between the OG and the reboot? Or are we to assume they never divorced in the OG? {Head hurts.}

Their post-coming-back-from-the-dead divorce was in the original finale, so that didn't happen, according to the reboot.  It's extremely confusing though.  Like Grace has apparently never been pregnant before this season, but she still married Leo a second time even though she was never pregnant with the kid that brought them back together originally.

• Love 2

It's extremely confusing though.  Like Grace has apparently never been pregnant before this season, but she still married Leo a second time even though she was never pregnant with the kid that brought them back together originally.

We don't even know if they married more than once in this alternate history, do we?

Yeah, I think they did.  When Leo appeared in the first reboot season (because Grace had a procedure and hadn't bothered to remove Leo from being her emergency contact), he said that the first divorce was his fault because he cheated, but blamed Grace's relationship with Will for the second divorce.  I haven't seen that one for a couple years though.

• Love 1