Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Anniversaries and Secrets

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, AUJulia said:

My daughter (also a Katie) is Katie’s age and also lives in DC. The typical mid-to-late-twenty-something woman there is very much like MAFS’s Katie. They’re educated, surrounded by men who also are educated. Dating is a fierce game that’s complicated by what these young women have agreed upon: that they are FEMINISTS and those damn men want to knock them down a notch etc etc. My daughter and her friends have vowed NEVER to bend for a man. But then they’re confused and furious that these men don’t worship them. Some of these men are great but find the egos and stridency of these women too much to deal with. Some of the men simply aren’t very nice but whooo boy these women are convinced they are so Fab that they can turn those guys around and when the guy says “meh” and walks off the young women struggle to let them go. My daughter got therapy and learned that men and women are not the same, and that compromise and respect need to cut both ways. Most of her friends are still flailing, like Derek’s Katie. They’re defeating themselves but blaming the men. It’s hard to watch. 

Dayum -times have changed. I was a twenty-something in DC (and a thirty something, and a forty something) and my friends and I were not like that at all. We never expected men to worship us - we were just happy if they were polite, somewhat respectful and called when they said they would. The one thing that hasn't changed is that it seems everyone finds it impossible to find a mate. I'm grateful every day that I did, even if it took me 46 years.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, redpencil said:

I laughed out loud when Derek said he wanted to compose a Christmas song. It was just so unexpected.

Am I the only one that thinks Derek, while sweet, is either slow or kind of a doofus? 

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Meka's gift to Michael...the Bag O' Ties or Fillup a Bag of Neckware for $20 paled in comparison to the upcoming Jamaican dolphin encounter.

But let's be real...Meka probably got nothing for her month anniversary...even Brandon got a card....

She got breakfast! and a boat ride!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, antfitz said:

I don't think zak his any knowledge of anything Mindy did.  I think hes gas lighting her so that he can put her on the defensive. He's trying to make out like he has been right all along.  Mindy show just move on now. Don't wait. Why is she waiting for him to make a decision about HER life?  Once again the show proves over and over again that you can't marry somebody you don't know.

You are so right about the gaslighting and putting her on the defensive. He's using a really great technique of making a vague accusation and hoping either to have hit pay dirt and she confesses to something or in this instance that a lot of the TV audience, especially the ones that he personally would come into contact, will believe he had something on her that would be a good reason to treat her poorly.

10 hours ago, Liberty said:

We do not see much of Zach or Brandon's lives outside of their interaction with their wives.  We see a great deal more of Mindy and Taylor without their husbands.

The girls are in the couples apartments.  Brandon refused production access from the first time he slipped away.  I think they didn't want to encourage Zack or future husbands that they could have a seperate life at their appartment.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Watching Couples Couch.  Are Jamie and Doug high?  Their laughter bugs me.  

I came here to see if anyone thought she looked different in the scrubbed of makeup thing she had going on. She might be pregnant again? 

I’m amazed that Jamie and Elizabeth are still together but the way she talks bugs!  Don’t blame it on living in San Francisco either. 

just saw / heard she is pregnant.  

Edited by athousandclowns
Whoops
  • Love 1

I have a Mindy theory: she was married before and Lindsay told Zach. Mindy realized that that was the one “deception” that occurred before the wedding and after and she didn’t ask Lindsay about it on the phone because she didn’t need to. She asked Zach at dinner if he’d been talking  to her friends because all of them knew and maybe had been told she wasn’t telling the experts about it. Might explain the miscarriage — she doesn’t seem the casual sex type and said dating had been hard. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, GettingGray said:

Yes, you hit the nail on the head, whether the toilet paper is over or under!  It is obvious is it over.

No! It must be under! Or you waste too much tissue! I will die on this hill. 
As a freckled woman myself it bothers me when people here make fun of Katie because of her freckles. It’s unbecoming and unkind. There’s lots of other reasons to dislike her. 
The only time I ever made an issue of the toilet seat was when an abandoned kitten joined the family, I was afraid that he would fall in and drown. Some people just feel the need to have the upper hand at all times. Jessica is the type to, after her husband spent all day planning something nice for her, roll her eyes, sigh,  and list all the ways he fell short. Soon he’ll stop trying to please her at all, since she can’t be pleased. 

• Love 4

When I was heavily pregnant, my husband left the toilet seat up and I did need assistance getting out. I was really mad (as in hormonally and frighteningly livid) for maybe 5 minutes ... now, 13 years later, we laugh about it. Unsurprisingly, I've gotten much better about looking before I lower (so to speak).

• LOL 9
25 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I tried watching Couples Couch but bailed after about ten minutes.  I don't even like looking at them.

I multitask while “watching.”  But the production is not nearly as good as Pillow Talk’s (the 90-day Fiancée watch-and-snark). 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, AUJulia said:

I have a Mindy theory: she was married before and Lindsay told Zach. Mindy realized that that was the one “deception” that occurred before the wedding and after and she didn’t ask Lindsay about it on the phone because she didn’t need to. She asked Zach at dinner if he’d been talking  to her friends because all of them knew and maybe had been told she wasn’t telling the experts about it. Might explain the miscarriage — she doesn’t seem the casual sex type and said dating had been hard. 

Interesting theory.  But I really doubt it.  Seems like that would be too easy to find out if you are going on the show on marriage.

I think she's just genuinely confused on what it could be b/c she's an honest person.  Imagine Michael fielding that.  He's got so many lies he probably just wouldn't be able to figure out which one he got busted on!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Meka is a speed talker - I get a headache every time she starts going off.  Zach is a complete jackass and I don't know why he even signed up for this show. 

Boot his ass Mindy.   Katie and Derek are boring.  Not sure of the other two on the show but I think this season is a joke and ever so boring.  Please come up with a new format.  I don't think I will be watching next season.  Couples are almost clones of previous couples of the last few seasons.  Like I said - boring!!!

• Love 1

I think these people were deliberately cast for conflict and then encouraged to misbehave.

This seems especially likely to me with Taylor and Brandon.  Brandon clearly underestimated the demands he would face from the production folks.  He is not the first who has created a scene over production demands.  Then, Taylor turns out to be a would be social media “influencer,” a fact Brandon discovered almost immediately on the honeymoon and was probably the reason he stalked off after she awakened him by taking his picture while he was waking up. There is a scene of her posting (and his commentary) while they are on a boat during the honeymoon.  So it is not surprising that he went ballistic, caught in a constant swirl of camera attention.  Seems as though someone deliberately matched them to insure conflict.  Originally, I thought he seemed a bit phoney while I liked her, but I find myself sympathizing with him ...  even just putting up with her dog’s constant trying to mount his leg would have been very annoying, especially since he is not free to discipline the dog.

Then...Michael.  No one checked on his actual employment?  I think they knew he was lying. Meka is ambitious. Bound to cause conflict.

Katie is clearly not over a previous relationship.  The “experts” probably expected this to cause conflict, so her constant harping about “love” was an unexpected bonanza for them.  

Mr. Goodhair clearly just wanted to be cast to be on TV.  

They must have signed an agreement to continue on camera for some specified period of time.  They cast five couples they knew would not get along because they expected one or two to walk off mid season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I've heard several mentions of the fact that Producers or Production match the couples, not the experts.  Is this true or speculation, does anyone know?

Edited by rebel2u
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Watching Couples Couch.  Are Jamie and Doug high?  Their laughter bugs me.  

They are trying way too hard!

If there wasn't a camera rolling, they probably wouldn't act like that. It seems they are rotating the couples (Greg and Deonna not included) and Jamie/Doug don't want to be left out!

• Love 3

Oh Meka!! GIRL!! WHAT IS YOU DOING?? DON'T CRAP ON HIS BREAKFAST PARADE CUZ YOU DON'T LIKE BREAKFAST!! The compromise is ACTING like you got some EFFIN SENSE & APPRECIATE him INCLUDING you!! OMFG!! SELFISH AS HELL!! WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!! If you wanna have a bad attitude & bad energy, he won't be around you! DUHHHH!!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Oh Meka!! GIRL!! WHAT IS YOU DOING?? DON'T CRAP ON HIS BREAKFAST PARADE CUZ YOU DON'T LIKE BREAKFAST!! The compromise is ACTING like you got some EFFIN SENSE & APPRECIATE him INCLUDING you!! OMFG!! SELFISH AS HELL!! WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!! If you wanna have a bad attitude & bad energy, he won't be around you! DUHHHH!!

I’d want to run him off if I were her but future prospects will see her and wonder if she’s always constipated. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Meka does not tell lies. Not even little white ones. Not even a harmless "thank you for breakfast. It was very nice."

And she will castrate anyone that tells her one. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Kira53 said:

You are so right about the gaslighting and putting her on the defensive. He's using a really great technique of making a vague accusation and hoping either to have hit pay dirt and she confesses to something or in this instance that a lot of the TV audience, especially the ones that he personally would come into contact, will believe he had something on her that would be a good reason to treat her poorly.

I believe he is a gaslighter, but that there is some small thing he as latched onto, probably AFTER the fact, to justify his evasion of the marriage experiment.

Maybe she has a foot fungus or a hangnail, and he is a foot fetishistic and cannot abide being with someone like that,

Edited by MajorNelson
  • LOL 3

Meka seems tense & off during their interactions. I guess that's the discomfort & doubt, but she looks CRAZY! She's NOT over the LIES & it shows. I couldn't fake either. 😂 BUT, they're supposed to be trying to move forward. Can't be stuck in the past to do that. So. She lied. She's sending the message that she's just barely "participating."

• Love 4

UUUUGGGGHHHH!! I see "VICTIM" Brandon's side. HOWEVER, he wants to reference what he did when he was wrong AS IF it was a GOLD STANDARD. It was NOT!! & If he really applied it to her, he should let her SAY she "apologized 1000 times" WHEN SHE FEELS LIKE IT, AFTER REPEATEDLY ACTING LIKE AN ASS!! 😂😂 FINE! She won't OWN her being MALICIOUS with that video. I agree it's problematic! CAN'T get past that! But, his high horse is dead & buried & he can STOP all that whining to the camera. Cameras/producers/experts couples get discounted. DON'T waste our time with your thoughts when you won't share them with your SPOUSE to actually DO SOMETHING about it.

2 hours ago, Lindz said:

Meka seems tense & off during their interactions. I guess that's the discomfort & doubt, but she looks CRAZY! She's NOT over the LIES & it shows. I couldn't fake either. 😂 BUT, they're supposed to be trying to move forward. Can't be stuck in the past to do that. So. She lied. She's sending the message that she's just barely "participating."

Not over the lies?  He is still lying.  The trip to Ocho Rios is the new lie.  The squirming while he came up with the lie did not look honest and Meka saw that.  I'd be sour too.  I'd be furious that I relied on the "experts".  She believed that they were picking from the best not the bottom of the barrell.  Who wants an unemployed lier?  You can find that yourself and not find yourself married to that.  

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I tried watching Couples Couch but bailed after about ten minutes.  I don't even like looking at them.

I preferred to watch just once with couples couch. I don't even know these couples because I missed quite a few years of the show I did see like the first three years. So I don't even know who these people are and what their backgrounds are but it's just kind of enjoyable to have a group to watch with.  It makes it more interesting to see everyone's reaction.  I like the couples because I don't know anything about them and I'm just glad that they found each other and were random successes from the system that doesn't vet people. In fact, most couples are random successes.

4 hours ago, Lindz said:

She has "some EFFIN SENSE".  She's with a gaslighting unemployed stupid liar and she's being filmed on TV. She's not going to go the Mindy way, and look like everything's OK and that she believes in the situation that she can't believe it. We don't believe it either.  I don't think it's wrong for Mindy to do it her way, and behave as though there's still hope that Zack will spend just one night at the apartment not with her, but at the apartment. Everybody's got a play this crazy game the way they can hold on, because for some of these people these are the longest 6 to 8 weeks of their entire life.  I ache for them having all this recorded for posterity.  

I really love Austin. He's a keeper. But he's not the kind of guy that some girl will meet out at a dance, or a bar or even at a friends house and even give her correct phone number to.  Austin is not a hot boyfriend but he's a really great husband; he can put up with a lot.  And he's eager to please and loves harmony some people really do like to argue and to have conflict; not me.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, AUJulia said:

I have a Mindy theory: she was married before and Lindsay told Zach. 

On 3/12/2020 at 11:56 AM, scoopski potata said:

I think he was just hoping she’d bite and confess something) - he did say she did it before the wedding, in Jamaica, still does it...fits with continuing to purge.

You beat me to it, but mine is slightly different.  I believe she was engaged before, but not married.  I say this because when Zach was dropping his weird little bits and pieces of unintelligible hints, he specifically said something about Mindy complaining that she is being cheated out of her first chance at having this experience (not exact wording).  So if for some reason he thinks that she has indeed has this experience before, that would be her deception.

IIRC, he specifically said it wasn't something she had been actually doing.  It was more like a condition that had existed before the wedding, in Jamaica, and still applies, that she hasn't been honest about, and I think he also specifically used the word 'deception' or 'dishonest'.

On 3/13/2020 at 8:47 AM, Booger666 said:

Very UO, I liked that Katie snapped back at her mom when her mom said that Derek was the best she could do.  That is a really shitty thing for a parent to say.  The mom could’ve said that Derek is a great guy and Katie might be missing out if she doesn’t give it a chance but to say that Katie, a very young woman, would only do worse than Derek was nasty.  I would’ve snapped back, too.

Two things about this:  First, Katie did exactly what she didn't like Derek doing when he said FU to her...giving an inappropriate rude/disrespectful reaction to something someone else said that was hurtful.  Not OK.  Second, similar to what someone said earlier in the thread, if Katie's mom has seen loser guys mistreat Katie time and again, and the mom sees Derek as just about as respectful as a guy can get, then the comment about Katie not doing better (or whatever the mom said) isn't so much about something being wrong or lesser with Katie, and more about the odds of finding a guy that Katie is attracted to and is also so seemingly respectful, kind, etc.  I don't think it was an insult at all what the mom said...and even if it was, Katie needed to respond more respectfully, just like she wanted Derek to do when he was hurt by thinking Katie said she was checked out.

On 3/11/2020 at 11:19 PM, rebel2u said:

I'll believe the trip to Jamaica when I see it.

The reason I think it doesn't exist, is that when i have given a gift to someone that either hasn't come yet, or is a non-tangible gift, I always printout a page or have a picture or something, so that there is a representation of the gift even if it isn't the gift itself.  He had nothing like that.  I think the boat trip could easily have been what he intended as his gift, but maybe he panicked and thought he also needed to come up with something else, so he made it up.  Given the thought he put into the boat trip, it seems unlikely that he would have just had no tangible presentation at all for the Jamaica trip.

• Love 6

On 3/12/2020 at 11:42 AM, gonecrackers said:

A gift or thoughtful action for another should be what would make the recipient happy, not the giver (or sometimes, both). It's not difficult to ask what she likes, so he could learn what pleases his wife

This gesture was not for Meka, but rather, it made Michael feel good about himself, as he seems to so desperately need.  Kudos to Meka for choking down his perfect (for him) breakfast.

On 3/12/2020 at 12:07 AM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I thought Meka did a good job compared to usual when she made it through breakfast. It sucks to consume calories you do not want, at a time you do not want them, just to placate the martyr ego you’re living with. For her, I consider choking it down and rating it a 7 a solid win. 

Amen!  The fact that he didn't even know she doesn't eat breakfast is such a colossal fail.  Further, he clearly never took the time to find out what foods she would or wouldn't have wanted for the breakfast that he assumed she would like.  And further, at the meal he didn't know that she wouldn't like, with the food that he didn't know if she would like, he seasoned it (eggs, with the 'right' amount of salt and pepper) according to how HE would like it seasoned,  WTAF?  I would have actually liked to have eggs, but the salt and pepper would have completely ruined it to the point that it would be inedible, and would really make me question both his intelligence/common sense and his ability to consider others' needs/wants/preferences,   What was super weird, was in his intro to the breakfast, he said something about pretending she was at a fancy french restaurant.  So I expected him to have crepes, quiche, brioche etc., but nope, he had a basic American breakfast!

On 3/11/2020 at 8:11 PM, Ohwell said:

Yeah, I'd love having someone who liked to fix breakfast.  

That's because you presumably like breakfast!  If you disliked afternoon tea, and had someone fix it for you thinking they had done something special, but you 1) don't like tea 2) don't like the little finger sandwiches that go with afternoon tea 3) usually feel full around that time because you like to eat a big late lunch so you have no interest in someone giving you more food and liquid, then you might be less than pleased by their gesture and how little it actually considered you, the recipient.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Amen!  The fact that he didn't even know she doesn't eat breakfast is such a colossal fail.  Further, he clearly never took the time to find out what foods she would or wouldn't have wanted for the breakfast that he assumed she would like.  And further, at the meal he didn't know that she wouldn't like, with the food that he didn't know if she would like, he seasoned it (eggs, with the 'right' amount of salt and pepper) according to how HE would like it seasoned,  WTAF?  I would have actually liked to have eggs, but the salt and pepper would have completely ruined it to the point that it would be inedible, and would really make me question both his intelligence/common sense and his ability to consider others' needs/wants/preferences,   What was super weird, was in his intro to the breakfast, he said something about pretending she was at a fancy french restaurant.  So I expected him to have crepes, quiche, brioche etc., but nope, he had a basic American breakfast!

That's because you presumably like breakfast!  If you disliked afternoon tea, and had someone fix it for you thinking they had done something special, but you 1) don't like tea 2) don't like the little finger sandwiches that go with afternoon tea 3) usually feel full around that time because you like to eat a big late lunch so you have no interest in someone giving you more food and liquid, then you might be less than pleased by their gesture and how little it actually considered you, the recipient.

Yes, I think that's the lens she is being viewed by.  Def a lot of people that don't eat breakfast but probably eat it on occasion and enjoy it so it's hard to understand someone that just hates it!

1 minute ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I bet Zach wishes coronavirus was around during the time of filming so he could have had yet another excuse as to why he can’t live with Mindy . 

I probably being super selfish but one of the thing I worry about is filming of my favorite reality shows because of it!  I don't watch Bachelerotte but they just stopped production.

• Love 2

It sooooo cracked me up when Zack was justifying why he was in contact with Lindsey by stating that he wanted to talk with someone who thought logically like he does....  He just so doesn't realize that we all see threw his word salads and understand the he just talks in circles without saying anything.  He thinks the reason that people don't seem to understand what he is saying is because he is just so much more intelligent than anyone else when the reality is nope-you just don't say anything concrete and don't make sense.  

Oh, and Lindsey totally gave it away when she said she didn't want contact with him until after filming ends.  Hope you'll be happy with him Lindsey as your mutual friends with Mindy will most likely leave you in their dust.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

And further, at the meal he didn't know that she wouldn't like, with the food that he didn't know if she would like, he seasoned it (eggs, with the 'right' amount of salt and pepper) according to how HE would like it seasoned,  WTAF?  I would have actually liked to have eggs, but the salt and pepper would have completely ruined it to the point that it would be inedible, and would really make me question both his intelligence/common sense and his ability to consider others' needs/wants/preferences

Exactly! Not to mention that salt can be a health issue for some people, and pepper is very polarizing. My "perfect" amount of pepper is "literally none whatsoever." I wouldn't mind if it dropped off the earth altogether. There's nothing worse than having a piece of black pepper stuck in your teeth (I could actually stop here), and then accidentally biting it later when I don't have a drink, and having my mouth filled with nasty, strong pepper flavor. GAG. It gives me PPSD. (Post-Pepper Stress Disorder)

Michael's bizarre lack of empathy and apparent detachment from other humans are a huge red flag to me. He's mentioned his insecure upbringing more than once, and I wonder if he has an unresolved attachment disorder or something like that. He seems to charge forward with actions he believes will please people or make him look good, regardless of how misguided, and he somehow hasn't learned that easily disproven lies are never the path to better relationships.

And yet, with all that I just described, he's not the worst husband this season. Maybe not even second-worst!

2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

It sooooo cracked me up when Zack was justifying why he was in contact with Lindsey by stating that he wanted to talk with someone who thought logically like he does....  He just so doesn't realize that we all see threw his word salads and understand the he just talks in circles without saying anything.  He thinks the reason that people don't seem to understand what he is saying is because he is just so much more intelligent than anyone else when the reality is nope-you just don't say anything concrete and don't make sense.  

I scoffed audibly when he said that. What an obvious humblebrag and dig at Mindy! He's so cruel. He thinks he's smart, charming, and hot, but I think he's a stupid little troll with a personality disorder. Not just the worst husband this season, but Bottom Three of all time. 

Edited by JocelynCavanaugh
  • Love 8
On 3/13/2020 at 12:32 PM, Meowwww said:

Whatever happened with the dinner scene on previews of Jessica being mad at Austin having to travel for work?  Did we ever see that

No, not yet.

• Love 1

WTF is Zach's latest tactic?? Shifting the blame onto Mindy? That's how he's slithering out of her "sleep over" invite?? #BOYBYE!! 😂 From the get, he wanted HER to pull the plug. Instead, she looks stupid for having BEYOND LOW NO STANDARDS & participating in his breadcrumbing. Good on Mindy putting on her detective hat & uncovering the "friend" conspiracy, but it's all a WASTE. Weird & INSULTING as hell!! Her HUSBAND is giving her "FRIEND" more attention. WTF?!!

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Kareem said:

I’m not on the kill Michael because he made breakfast train.

She did go for the Mimosa(s)🥂

Come to think of it, our "Mental Health Professional" seems to be found on the receiving end of 🍸frequently.  (Must be OK, being a "Mental Health Professional" in a position that does not provide health insurance as an employment benefit)

Edited by Liberty
Clarify Katie's profession
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I really can't with this. 

This I hate breakfast thing is one of stupidest things I've ever heard.

How do you completely hate a whole meal? Every type of breakfast food?

She complains all the damn time. So, I'm not on her side about this.

Having a stank ass face because someone cooked you a meal? Whatever.

People are running to her to defense over some shit she has never said. She has never said why she doesn't like breakfast. She just keeps ranting about it.

At the very least say why. Maybe Michael could alter what he prepares for her. I wouldn't have took her seriously either. Most people don't eat breakfast because they don't have time not because they hate it. 

I'm just not going to be mad at someone for making a meal when I never actually explain why I wouldn't want said meal. This isn't even that. It's like he made her a meal she doesn't like. Like she's vegan, doesn't like spicy food, etc. It's literally just the meal itself is the devil because of the time of day it was made.

For fucks sake.

Michael is trash but I would have left Meeka a long time ago. I don't find her attractive at all and her attitude/overall demeanor is not my bag at all. I would be pissed if I had gotten her for this.

I could have made it work with any other woman this season. As people I could. I don't do pets ever so I would have left Katie and Taylor at the alter with that info. I am not joking.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 7
On 3/12/2020 at 10:44 AM, ChiMama said:

I noticed that too! I don't think any of the wives did ANYTHING, not even say thank you in a few cases. Really antiquated view of marriage. It's a partnership, MAFS! Ugh.

Meka got some ties for Michael.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Mindy needs a whole new friend, because this one is a fake. I’m so over Zach. From the way he was acting I think Lindsay may have planted seeds in his head because she wanted him for herself. Once Zach realized he was about to throw Lindsay under the bus he started gaslighting Mindy to throw her off. Derek was wrong for cursing at Katie , but I still have hope for him as a husband. Michael made up his round trip “trippets” to Jamaica. Meka should have asked for that confirmation email. Taylor was wrong for her video, but I understand why she did. She was frustrated about being verbally attacked and/or being ignored on a daily basis and lashed out in an immature way. Brandon has been an even bigger donkey than Zach and Michael for most of the experiment. He just needs to shut all the way up. After watching Love is Blind, I can safely say that this season has been pure trash.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 8
On 3/11/2020 at 10:58 PM, Jade Foxx said:

They look like extensions. Bad ones. 😩

It looks like a full sew in weave. She’s either buying too much hair or her hairstylist doesn’t know what they’re doing.

• Love 3

PERFECT CASE OF TIMING, WORDING, & RESPONDING!! WHY did turtle tuck text him that she's keeping her townhome THEN?? BAD! WHY didn't he say they'd discuss it ANOTHER DAY?? BAD! Both were defensive. BAD way to have a discussion. Doomed from the start because they NEVER resolved the underlying issue of committing to the marriage & growing in love!! COME ON!

• Love 2
On 3/13/2020 at 12:02 PM, Liberty said:

IIRC Zach told Mindy that Lindsey had "reached out".  

Why would Mindy ask if Zach had been talking to her friends?

We do not see much of Zach or Brandon's lives outside of their interaction with their wives.  We see a great deal more of Mindy and Taylor without their husbands.

1. She asked about friends because Zach said it was before gre honeymoon and all her friends at the wedding were covering for her. Also he said he couldn’t tell her because that would divulge his source. Paraphrasing here.  So, it seemed something had learned from someone she knew

2. Neither Brandon nor Zach lives a life that allows scrutiny. 

• Love 4
On 3/13/2020 at 10:49 AM, DrewPaul2010 said:

I don’t think even Derek and Heather of the ill-fated Marijuana Honeymoon had that much hatred for each other. 

I still think of that couple from season 4. Hard to believe Derek is still single, (apparently Heather is too) I thought dozens of woman would feel sorry for him. There must have been more to their breaking up then smoking pot which is practically mainstream. But he should have asked her feelings about it and if she wasn't cool to it he should have stopped. I think she felt very superior to him and that the experts did a poor job.

He fought dirty in defense & freaked out because of his insecurities. NOBODY wants that. Especially from a man who looks so OLD. He should be way MORE MATURE than that. 😂 I think she expected more MATURITY & RESPECT & decided she couldn't deal with the constant issues, it was just going to get worse. A LOT of these spouses SHOULD (have) pulled the plug like her. I'd have respect for them. It's better than FAKING or TOLERATING BS & DISRESPECT or ABUSE. But eh, seeing the bad has shown me what to look out for & avoid. 😂

• Love 2
On 3/13/2020 at 1:57 PM, Ilovepie said:

Possibly Luke too since he also slept with Kate (and then made her lie about it) and told her AFTER they had sex that he wasn't attracted to her.

Ehhhh. Pretty sure she knew he wasn't feeling it BEFORE & "pressured" him into sex cuz they're married & it's his 'husbandly duty' or something. He said he was "repulsed & felt dead inside" the FIRST TIME & she kept having sex with him, so she didn't have ANY standards. 😂 WHO DOES THAT?? I pray Mindy wouldn't. That fact that Zach won't even pretend to be open to sex is his ONLY saving grace! 😂

• Love 2

Austin needs to LET GO of his love "TIMING," it's really blocking them. LET IT GO & LET IT FLOW! Conversely, Jessica needs to CHILL & stop trying to RUSH him because she believes she already feels it & he does too. Can't believe she's withholding that because she wants him to say it first. That's just stupid. They're both dopes. They're still the best & still 1st place anyway! Besides, WORDS aren't enough, I wanna know WHY & HOW it's shown. That's what matters.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Racj82 said:

This I hate breakfast thing is one of stupidest things I've ever heard.

How do you completely hate a whole meal? Every type of breakfast food?

She complains all the damn time. So, I'm not on her side about this.

Having a stank ass face because someone cooked you a meal? Whatever.

People are running to her to defense over some shit she has never said. She has never said why she doesn't like breakfast. She just keeps ranting about it.

Uhhhhhhhh. Say you dislike something, tell your partner& it's their FAVORITE thing & it's what they want to enjoy with you as a celebration. It COULD be a more in depth discussion, if you or they choose, but if neither CARES, you don't HAVE to explain why. IT IS WHAT IT IS. There's GETTING THROUGH it & DISREGARDING it. We don't know which is their case, but he KNEW she didn't like breakfast. So, it seems he disregarded it or forgot and he's ignoring her bad attitude. If you have to participate in something you dislike, do you have a good attitude? I don't. I'm a brat. 😂 But, if it was for my partner and we discussed it, I wouldn't have a bad attitude. They don't have a good relationship. They don't seem to care about what the other wants or needs & it shows. Meka's not faking very well. 😂

• Love 3
On 3/14/2020 at 9:31 AM, suzieq12158 said:

Couples are almost clones of previous couples of the last few seasons. 

I challenge you to name the clones & how they're clones! 😂

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Not over the lies?  He is still lying.  The trip to Ocho Rios is the new lie.  The squirming while he came up with the lie did not look honest and Meka saw that.  I'd be sour too.  I'd be furious that I relied on the "experts".  She believed that they were picking from the best not the bottom of the barrell.  Who wants an unemployed lier?  You can find that yourself and not find yourself married to that.  

22 hours ago, Kira53 said:

She has "some EFFIN SENSE".  She's with a gaslighting unemployed stupid liar and she's being filmed on TV. She's not going to go the Mindy way, and look like everything's OK and that she believes in the situation that she can't believe it. We don't believe it either.  I don't think it's wrong for Mindy to do it her way, and behave as though there's still hope that Zack will spend just one night at the apartment not with her, but at the apartment. Everybody's got a play this crazy game the way they can hold on, because for some of these people these are the longest 6 to 8 weeks of their entire life.  I ache for them having all this recorded for posterity.

WHY didn't she FORMALLY QUIT then?? It's half-assed fakery! She's saying she's trying, but she's really NOT. She doesn't want to get closer. RIGHTFULLY so, he broke the trust to NOTHING. This is my problem with FAKES. They should just GO instead of put on a S#%T SHOW!! We know Mindy's faking too. She's also flip-flopping between playing along with Zach's bs (which makes her look crazy) & calling it out (which makes her look smart & crazy).😂 I even appreciate Brandon's honesty that he's out. I don't want to see lies & fakery. Take a stand & stick by it!! Meka & Mindy should tell their husbands, "I can't be in this marriage without HONESTY. PEACE OUT!" I'd respect that. They must think making it 8 weeks is some kind of accomplishment, but it's what HAPPENED during the 8 weeks that matters. If the marriage was trash & they didn't get out when they should've. They FAILED. I think their husbands DON'T CARE about the 8 weeks, the marriage, how they look, NOTHING. I really don't know why they stay. Maybe they just try to make the wives end it for them until Decision Day. NOTHING respectable about them! 😂 #HEATHERisGOAT

• Love 1