Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Anniversaries and Secrets

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Little Miss Got Game really does think she's hot shit.

Still waiting for Ocho Rios..................................  

Keep waiting, he was lying about that trip........🙃

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

WTH is Katie's problem with Derek's Bucket List? Man, she is a wet blanket even in the imagination!

It was interesting to see her saying her grand, beautiful vows on the video, including the promise to always support his dreams, when about 5 minutes before that she was shitting all over his sweet, harmless dream of writing a Christmas song. As vile as Zach is, she continues to earn her spot as my least favorite person this season.

3 hours ago, rebel2u said:

I'll believe the trip to Jamaica when I see it.

I 100% think he's lying. He won't have to follow through with it if they get a divorce, so he probably thought he could make himself look like Prince Charming by claiming he is planning such a fancy trip for her when he has no intention of making good on it.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Mindy, Zach is trying not to say something really bad about you, on TV. He told you he wouldn't say it, on CAMERA!

But he's a weaselly cheater. Oh, and "your friend and I are very simpatico" is not a good thing.

I don't think he has anything to say that's why he won't tell her. He is lying.

5 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Oh, Mindy.  Hang up and erase that “close friend” from your life.  She has broken every conceivable girl code out there. 

At this point who really cares about girl code! Husband code is much worse. She has to dump them both.

5 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

So Zach had been lying to Mindy. Lyndsay is lying to Mindy. I was feeling sorry for Mindy but not anymore, she really is dumb. 

I don't understand her idea of hanging on to him. She knows they're both whining at that they both connected behind her back. She just test a dump them both and move on.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Or maybe the girlfriend (since we know we can't trust her) told him a lie about Mindy because she wanted him for herself.

Most likely! 

Even if early on near the wedding, if she hadn't yet decided to nab Z for herself back then, all Lindsay had to tell him was some Mindy nugget...like Mindy going into the mafs experience doubted she would be able to say yes at 8 weeks.  Or that maybe Mindy hates short guys.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Someone should probably inform Jessica and Katie that having a man say, "I love you", doesn't always mean a darn thing.  And, many, many women have the scars to prove it.  

*raises hand*

Anybody can SAY it. How do they SHOW it?

• Love 20
7 hours ago, rebel2u said:

Jessica needs to thank her lucky stars she was matched with easy-going Austin.  Not many men would put up with being scolded all the time.  They walk in the door and Austin is holding a picture and she says "Don't break it!"; she's brushing her teeth, he says he's going to go to sleep and she demands, "Aren't you going to brush your teeth?"  Quit being all parental, Jessica; he's your husband, not your son.

She demonstrates characteristics that are not good for a spouse, parent or pet owner.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Some were speculating that Mindy is/was bulimic and that’s what Zach refused to say on camera. If this is what the lie is all about then I have no words for him or this show.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Why couldn't Mindy straight up ask Lindsay to tell her exactly what Zach said about his marriage and Mindy?? And especially what big, bad sin of omission Mindy supposedly committed?

Dang, that dame is maddening.

Mindy never sees the writing on the wall.  You just want to shake her.

• Love 6

I couldn’t read everything, but, didn’t Brandon leave last week?  All of a sudden, he magically appeared again last night?  Was getting that stupid apology card his final performance?  Then after telling her off, he left for good.  Maybe.  Taylor and that hair.  I just cant.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Liberty said:

She demonstrates characteristics that are not good for a spouse, parent or pet owner.

I would NOT be surprised if he doesn’t stay with her in the end.  She gives too many orders, and it’s only the beginning.  He overly does everything right, and still she has to give those subtle digs.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

WTH is Katie's problem with Derek's Bucket List? Man, she is a wet blanket even in the imagination!

She wants to travel.  La de da.  What about a house, kids, savings account?

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:
  11 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Derek is dead to me for wearing a baseball hat indoors. Backwards at that. Igh.

Doug from season 1 (of Jamie and Doug) does this ALL THE TIME on his Instagram pics. I think it is glued to his head.

I'll give Derek a pass but I know what you mean!

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I would NOT be surprised if he doesn’t stay with her in the end.  She gives too many orders, and it’s only the beginning.  He overly does everything right, and still she has to give those subtle digs.

You know how Jessica reminded Austin that he left the toilet seat up once (again?)? Two bathrooms. Especially every 28 days. I'm just sayin'.

• Love 7

It's so strange to me that Zach has zero attraction to Mindy...but in the stills they had of Lindsay, she looks to be quite frumpy and yet he's messaging and calling her?  Does he want to fuck his mother?  Is that the psychology here?

• Love 12

Why does everyone keep assuming douche-sack Zach wants a bleach blonde fake tittied gym bunny? Maybe he just doesn't like Mindy? Who knows why? Who cares! He is an abusive gaslighter. Mindy needs the new Dixie Chick's song "gaslighter" on repeat. And FUCK her so called friend! That is some shady ass bullshit! But I see no evidence of Zach's preference of women, other than he doesn't like Mindy specifically. Her friend wasn't a "bobble-head gym bunny". Just don't know why everyone on here is assuming his type. I went on a date with a guy and there was no chemistry. I told him so and wished him luck. He replied with "Sorry I'm not a 6'4" bodybuilder!" I mean wtf? WHY do people automatically jump to that? 

Anyways FUCK Zach and the girl code breaking friend. And if nothing inappropriate was going on, then WHY didn't the friend tell Mindy she had befriend her husband? Sure that bitch deleted the text messages. MY ASS! Her voice was QUIVERING on the phone when Mindy put her on blast. They know full well they were flirting/ sexting and the friend was the source talking shit about Mindy. I woulda called the friend and immediately been like "Heard you were talking shit?" Then sent a fuck you and bye.

This show is unreal with the emotionally abuse people they cast. And add Brandon in with Zach. Taylor looked like a zombie because he BROKE her and she lashed out. Something is wrong with Brandon. Saw it from the start. Yes, Taylor is immature. And maybe she joined the cast for the wrong reasons, but something is disturbing about Brandon. As soon as he said "fuck you' to me on the honeymoon, I would have left. Who knows what else Taylor put up with before she lashed out. Her dead look reminds me of an abused spouse. 

• Love 24

When Mindy was originally case she mentioned she had recently been pregnant and lost the baby.  In the beginning I thought they were going to make this her story line, like Katie's ex coming back into the picture was her story line.  Then Zack ended up being a douche so the producers went in that direction instead.  Now I'm wondering if the pregnancy has something to do with the "secret" Zack doesn't want to say on camera and what his conversations with Mindy's "friend" were about. 

The past two seasons all of the couples had a weekend retreat together near the end of the "experiment".  I wonder if they will do that this season and if so, who will attend?

Edited by suzeecat
additional thought
  • Useful 4
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, Cammi said:

Why does everyone keep assuming douche-sack Zach wants a bleach blonde fake tittied gym bunny? Maybe he just doesn't like Mindy? Who knows why? Who cares! He is an abusive gaslighter. Mindy needs the new Dixie Chick's song "gaslighter" on repeat. And FUCK her so called friend! That is some shady ass bullshit! But I see no evidence of Zach's preference of women, other than he doesn't like Mindy specifically. Her friend wasn't a "bobble-head gym bunny". Just don't know why everyone on here is assuming his type. I went on a date with a guy and there was no chemistry. I told him so and wished him luck. He replied with "Sorry I'm not a 6'4" bodybuilder!" I mean wtf? WHY do people automatically jump to that? 

What's funny to me is that very few people on this board thought she was attractive.  So many comments on her teeth, her hair, the way she dresses.  So if what I assume is mostly women on this board are commenting on her looks,  why would it be surprising that a man whose hair is perfect 24/7, who is a "fitness professional" might want a gym bunny?  

I mean, that's the biggest shocker for me in seeing Lindsay assuming he has interest beyond friendship.  He seems to have given a lot of time to someone who on the surface is less attractive than Mindy.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 6
(edited)

Austin the "mama's boy" clearly likes being mama'd. 😉 They're probably also freaks in the bedroom.  🤢

Actions speak louder, much louder; consistent actions speak the loudest. In fact, they fucking scream.

The guilty often accuse the innocent of their own crimes, or at least imply it.

Katie's encouraging Derek to fall in love with her by making sure he knows she's got one foot out the door. She's got the game, that one. /s

Michael's slipping; usually his lies come out quickly. Took what seemed like forever for him to come up with the trip.

Mindy should invite Zach back to the ice & drag his sorry ass around the rink a few times, then leave. Not her fault he was in a crumpled heap when the zamboni showed up.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I thought Meka did a good job compared to usual when she made it through breakfast. It sucks to consume calories you do not want, at a time you do not want them, just to placate the martyr ego you’re living with. For her, I consider choking it down and rating it a 7 a solid win. 

I agree with this. I am not a breakfast person at all. I will say that if my spouse was and went to the effort to lovingly cook me breakfast, I would appreciate it, eat it with a smile and then later have a conversation about it just not being my thing and that maybe we can have something like this on Sunday morning or something.

I think Meka's personality in general has create a situation that even if she is right or has a legit complaint about something, it will be dismissed because she's such a downer.

There was no sincerity in Michael's breakfast to me. If you listen carefully, he told her the menu rather than asking how she likes her eggs, but worse than that, when they were eating, he said something like, "I put the right amount of salt and pepper on it. Some people put too much or too little, and I mean, it's not that complicated." Um, complicated, no but the amount of seasoning that people put on their food is typically up to them. He just did everything his way and expected praise for it. 

2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I couldn’t read everything, but, didn’t Brandon leave last week?  All of a sudden, he magically appeared again last night?  Was getting that stupid apology card his final performance?  Then after telling her off, he left for good.  Maybe.  Taylor and that hair.  I just cant.

Every week when they show the final meet on the couch to decide, Brandon and Taylor are there so we'll have all this game playing until the show wraps.

Mindy continues to react weakly to whatever is thrown at her. I just don't get it. And she's on television.

Katie said like about 287 times this episode and she drives me crazy but I can understand not wanting to give up her townhouse for a while. Even if they stay married, it may only be for the cameras and Derek does not seem to put her in a state of being completely ready to throw caution to the wind like Jessica is. 

Austin is such a laid back, nice guy. I just wish Jessica would tone down the way she treats him like he's a child.

• Love 18

Zach used Lindsay to  undermine Mindy and make his case that her lie is the reason he never moved in...ditching "the need to miss you to be attracted to you" tack... 

Lindsay got tangled up in his web as he manipulated her under the guise of having someone who knows Mindy to help him understand her...or in his case spill Mindy's  secrets and weaknesses.

Lindsay is a dope who was duped with the vague promise of she and Zach riding off into the sunset together.....

Lindsay, your Girl Code Club Membership just got revoked....

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Doug from season 1 (of Jamie and Doug) does this ALL THE TIME on his Instagram pics. I think it is glued to his head.

I'll give Derek a pass but I know what you mean!

Moley faced men...backwards hat wearing...disturbing pattern of shared behaviors....

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I agree with many that Katie is simply horrible. She thinks she deserves the world and she is just a spoiled, entitled brat. I do understand her keeping her apartment, as I would imagine most of them do - no one knows what will happen at Decision Day. But her insistence that he must fall in love with her within a specified timeframe is just too immature. He is way nicer to her than she is to him and nicer than she deserves.

I don't understand the whole thing in the nail salon. Why production wanted them to hav a personal meeting in a nail salon is beyond stupid. I know that people have been saying that Brandon is using drugs or alcohol, but I tend to side with him more than Taylor, who has been using this time for her social media "career" since she stepped on camera the first time. Plus, Brandon always reminds me of the late Ron Glass from Barney Miller and I liked him!

Mindy, who has been looking really pretty and there isn't that problem with her veneers since she doesn't smile much. She just needs to stop trying. That was pathetic that she called him to come over to look at wedding pictures. And if the "experts" don't facilitate something to get him to tell her what the big lie is, then I will agree with those who say it is either a lie that Lyndsey old him or he made it up. I do like where Pastor Cal called him on his BS next week.

Michael seems like he is trying to do better, but Meka isn't going to care. Yes, the breakfast was all about him, but she always looks so miserable. He seemed to have done a lot for their anniversary, although I have NO DOUBT that production did all of these grand gestures for all of the men. Did any of the women do anything for their husbands? Taylor gave Brandon a card.

Jessica is too bossy and she is going to drive mellow Austin right out the door. They still look like they don't know how to kiss, but they seem pretty happy. I am sure this will be the only couple to make it intact to the reunion, but not sure if they will stay together. And they're boring.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Some were speculating that Mindy is/was bulimic and that’s what Zach refused to say on camera. If this is what the lie is all about then I have no words for him or this show.  

That would kinda make sense (not that I believe it necessarily- I think he was just hoping she’d bite and confess something) - he did say she did it before the wedding, in Jamaica, still does it...fits with continuing to purge.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I don't understand the whole thing in the nail salon. Why production wanted them to hav a personal meeting in a nail salon is beyond stupid.

Taylor gifts a lame card with an even lamer apology & gets a production paid manicure. It's clear who's in their good graces. Good on Brandon- shit on their game & split.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I see it very differently.  I see someone who is cool, calm. collected trying to get the facts to understand the situation better to make her move.   I don't see her as being weak at all.    I actually admire how she kept it together and listened to what each had to say, then calmly talked about what she's seeing on both sides.  

Most people would be falling to pieces; not her.  

I wasn't speaking of this week's stuff specifically. I should have clarified that. He has been a jerk to her since day 1, has said he's not attracted to her, gaslights her, throws crumbs that she willing eats up only to be disappointed later and puts on this "I still think this can work," thing. And all that was before yesterday. I can see falling to pieces over someone you've been with for a long time but a stranger who does all the above within 30 days should be shown the door. Collapsing into pieces over that would be bizarre to me.

If she's still evaluating anything at this point, there's something wrong with her.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, configdotsys said:

I wasn't speaking of this week's stuff specifically. I should have clarified that. He has been a jerk to her since day 1, has said he's not attracted to her, gaslights her, throws crumbs that she willing eats up only to be disappointed later and puts on this "I still think this can work," thing. And all that was before yesterday. I can see falling to pieces over someone you've been with for a long time but a stranger who does all the above within 30 days should be shown the door. Collapsing into pieces over that would be bizarre to me.

If she's still evaluating anything at this point, there's something wrong with her.

Keep in mind, she's being paid to complete a reality show.  He's also being paid to be on a reality show which is why he isn't gone right now.  Same reason why Taylor and Brandon are still being featured.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I've considered the TH's or clips of Mindy professing hope may have been filmed at other random times, maybe much earlier on, & they just keep replaying them to dupe the audience into believing she's weak & needy.

• Useful 6
  • Love 18
39 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I don't understand the whole thing in the nail salon. Why production wanted them to hav a personal meeting in a nail salon is beyond stupid.

Probably had a contract with the nail salon for free advertising.

They did show the name of place when Brandon walked in, which I have forgotten.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I have NO DOUBT that production did all of these grand gestures for all of the men. Did any of the women do anything for their husbands? Taylor gave Brandon a card.

I noticed that too! I don't think any of the wives did ANYTHING, not even say thank you in a few cases. Really antiquated view of marriage. It's a partnership, MAFS! Ugh.

Edited by ChiMama
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I've considered the TH's or clips of Mindy professing hope may have been filmed at other random times, maybe much earlier on, & they just keep replaying them to dupe the audience into believing she's weak & needy.

I had the exact same thought when they showed the clip of her excitedly saying she hoped he would maybe spend the night on their anniversary. Why? Why in the world would she still be hoping he might spend the night at this point in the process? It makes her look not only weak and needy but also pathetic and crazy. I am quite amazed that she is still there, giving them what they want when she could have walked out within the first week or so and never looked back. They are doing her dirty by making her look so pathetic all the time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

This gesture was not for Meka, but rather, it made Michael feel good about himself, as he seems to so desperately need.

Agreed.  And I believe it was at their wedding that he said his favorite meal was breakfast and she said she does not like breakfast, so he did that knowing she wouldn’t like it.  I have a little sympathy for Meka as I don’t wake up hungry and if I eat right away it makes me nauseated.  If that’s the reason Meka doesn’t like breakfast it is very annoying to have people nag you to eat when you know you will feel bloated and gross - speaking from experience.

• Love 15
28 minutes ago, sometimesjennifer said:

I had the exact same thought when they showed the clip of her excitedly saying she hoped he would maybe spend the night on their anniversary. Why? Why in the world would she still be hoping he might spend the night at this point in the process? It makes her look not only weak and needy but also pathetic and crazy. I am quite amazed that she is still there, giving them what they want when she could have walked out within the first week or so and never looked back. They are doing her dirty by making her look so pathetic all the time.

She keeps saying she's following through with her commitment, but at this point I hope the only commitment she's following through with is to the show, not to Zach - not that she should be doing either, but she's doing the show a solid, so they could help her out a bit more here & at least not edit her badly.

4 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I wouldn't consider that a lie, as much as not being forthcoming about an issue she struggles with, which would be totally understandable given the way Zach has treated her. Why should she open up to this guy? It's not emotionally safe to do so. Still, that's quite a stretch & I wonder why there's that kind of speculation about her at all.

• Love 16

I don't have any thing new to add to all of the prior comments but I want to chime in and agree with all the negative comments about Zach, the gaslighter extraordinare. I'm sure the narcissist, Zach, reads this forum just to see what people think of him so I want to add to the tally of "we can't stand Zach" posts.  This guy puts the guy, from the other season, that was loathed by everyone to shame. What was his name? I forgot it already. The expression on his face when he was saying he knew Mindy was a liar was creepy, evil and spiteful. He never said what the so-called secret was.

Austin and Jessica give me a mommy and son vibe. Maybe Austin likes that since they characterized him as a mama's boy at the beginning of the season. I wish they would stop showing scenes of the couples brushing their teeth. We don't care nor do we want to see that.

As someone mentioned earlier, Michael never looks Meka in the eye. He lies about everything. He will be cut loose for sure on decision day. Can't be trusted.

Brandon and Taylor have been over for weeks. They are just going through the motions contractually.

Katie is not in to Derek. Derek seems like an adolescent boy. Backwards baseball hat and all.

Edited by Matty
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Keep in mind, she's being paid to complete a reality show.  He's also being paid to be on a reality show which is why he isn't gone right now.  Same reason why Taylor and Brandon are still being featured.  

Oh, they aren't getting rid of Zach or Taylor and Brandon anytime soon. They're giving the producers the drama!  There is no early release.

Did Heather and Derek (Miami season) show up at "decision day"?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I knew it...I knew there was a girl code.

I don't think that hooking up with your friend's significant other is "girl code" per se......I think  not doing that is just basic human decency no matter what sex you are.........

• Love 17

15 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

So Zach had been lying to Mindy. Lyndsay is lying to Mindy. I was feeling sorry for Mindy but not anymore, she really is dumb. 

I think you are mistaking her depth of passion, the commitment she made to this marriage, her high degree of civility for being dumb. I admired the fact she could talk to her so called friend so rationally and calmly. If I were in such a situation I'd have to write down bullet points on paper before I could talk to someone that's so emotional.

Its not people who are trusting and loving and expecting that to be reciprocated her are dumb, its assholes like Zach who are cruel and wretched and disgusting who are on the hook for this situation. I don't think she's delusional or dumb but she has every right to get to the bottom of this, why should she just leave and let jackass off the hook? Its time for GQ guy to man up. Why shouldn't he be held accountable?

3 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I don't think that hooking up with your friend's significant other is "girl code" per se......I think  not doing that is just basic human decency no matter what sex you are.........

It was a flip remark...

• Love 21
18 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Oh, they aren't getting rid of Zach or Taylor and Brandon anytime soon. They're giving the producers the drama!  There is no early release.

Did Heather and Derek (Miami season) show up at "decision day"?

If my memory serves me correctly, they DID show up and Derek said he was willing to give the marriage another try, but Heather just scoffed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, sometimesjennifer said:

Why wouldn't she press the issue to see if he is ever intending to follow through? She thought there might be some melting in the relationship and used this as a check. Its interesting he accuses her of some sort of deception while spilling the beans he has been deceptive. Its a form of projection to accuse someone of what you're guilty of. I don't sense that Zach has any regard for Mindy so it seems hard to believe he would refrain from saying something to 'protect' her honor. She should have interrogated her friend more.

• Love 10

Austin for the win! He is very sweet, committed, and you can tell he wants to make Jessica happy. They're boring because they're cute together and seem to genuinely like each other. Jessica is bossy, but I think it works because Austin is laid back and eager to please. As long as he speaks up when he does have a different opinion, and she tries to be respectful of those feelings they should be fine. 

Brat is the perfect way to describe Katie. I think Derek is kind of immature, but he seems open to the process and is trying. Whatever argument they had before dinner, it didn't sound like he was trying to shut the whole conversation down, but just wanted to table it so they could enjoy their anniversary. 

Michael talking about the dolphin trip was painful to watch. It seemed Michael and Meka had the most elaborate dinner, with the SUV limo and boat. I can understand Meka's frustration with Michael's lies, but I also feel bad for him he feels inadequate in his own skin and needs to put on this persona. Just be your best you, Michael! 

Taylor and Brandon both seem off and I don't think I'd want to be friends with either one of them. I do give props to Brandon for being honest and ending the charade instead of selling out for a paycheck. He genuinely seems done with the whole thing and any future appearances are contracted or producer-driven.

Mindy was grace under fire, and I admire how she handled the situation with Zach and her friend. I'm guessing the "secret" is something really stupid like she told Lindsey he was a pretty boy, or made fun of his hair, and he was going to use it against her that she wasn't that attracted or trying either. But then when he stumbled over mentioning something her friend said, he realized he'd have to come clean about making an emotional connection with her friend, and that they were bashing her behind her back, to tell her what he was talking about. Ugh, and that friend is even worse than Zach. Engaging in whatever was going on whether it was gossip or connecting, with no mention to Mindy? Shady AF and knows she's in the wrong. She thinks he's a sociopath and is doing Mindy dirty, so told him to wait until after filming to contact her?! WTF?!  I was trying to put myself in the position of the friend, and the only acceptable thing to do would have been to talk my friend up, and encourage him to talk to her and the expert about things, instead of me. They're both completely untrustworthy assholes and Mindy is better off without either one.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

Thank you! I was going to say the same thing. The belief in the so-called concepts of girl/guy codes is childish. What is at issue here is a complete lack of RESPECT by Lindsay towards her "close friend" Mindy.

• Love 7