Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12 Talk Less

wanderingstar
  • Start Topic

Lucious hunts for a record deal for Yana, but is met with surprising feedback from the label executives; Cookie struggles with her inability to shake memories of the secret she's kept for so many years; Kingsley pushes for more control.

Was really rooting for Teri's dinner to go well. Alas, such is life when you marry into the Lyon clan. Anyway, at least Teri and Andre have a nice apartment. Also, we got a Quincy sighting! My sister and I are always like "Where is Quincy?" Andre went through all of that trouble to get him out of prison, and we barely see him.

Lala was waaaaay out of pocket with her Instagram video stunt. And did we ever find out what happened to poor Julian.

Damon is so tiresome. Does anyone really believe his threats. He's basically a paper tiger.

Yana is a good singer, but the actress playing her is very flat to me.

Now we see why Cookie shot Durell: he was abusive to Carol and her baby. Will Carol understand?

Not feeling the Andre/Kingsley storyline. I want Andre to be honest with his family about what he's going through; keeping it from them is only making things worse.

• Love 5

It’s gotten to the point where I see last night’s ratings and then remember that this was on. 6 years it was getting a 6 in the demo and 15 million viewers. Now .6 and less than 2 million.  I feel doing the split season trend for dramas is going to end because the show is suffering. 

• Love 3

I will miss Becky so much when this show goes off the air soon. She is so awesome - her reactions and comments are the best, the writers must have a blast coming up with her dialogue but I'll bet the actress ad-libs some stuff as well and probably loves it. Just a great character who is to me very authentic. She's a blend of intelligence and savvy but is also very human - occasionally, she screws up something but finds solutions. Her reaction to finding out that Julian is Giselle's son was great. And I loved her outfit.

The Andre/Kingsley thing is getting out of hand. He made the wrong decision in not admitting himself, but of course, that wouldn't have worked out within the script of this story. It seems only a matter of time before he hurts or almost hurts Terri and/or the baby, which will then likely lead to his epiphany that he really does need help. Or, he'll somehow magically "kill" Kingsley and live happily ever after. But either way, I don't like the way this story is going.

No Hakeem this episode. Perhaps we'll see him when the movie finally premieres? 

• Love 3

Poor Teri. She just really had no idea what she was signing up for when she married into this family. She can’t have anything normal like a dinner party. Luscious’s mean nicknames for Cookie’s sisters was funny though. 

So Lala goes from being super shy to wearing flashy clothes and pulling that crazy car stunt. I’m glad Becky was not putting up with her crap. Sad Julian got hurt. 

Interesting that Julian is Giselle’s son. I wonder if her abortion story she told to Becky was a lie or if Julian happened after that?

I wonder when the show is going to circle back around to the car explosion that they were previewing each episode? Will the show end with Cookie and/or Luscious dying? I wonder if Andre/Kingsley will be responsible in order to maybe finish what he started with the previous attempt a couple seasons ago. 

• Love 1