Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Last But Not Least: Group C Kickoff!

• Start Topic

T-Rex is JoJo Siwa. No one else from Dance Moms is that tall and that annoying.

The rest I don't know. I'm really happy Bear was eliminated first because it was going to stump me all season and I am grateful to not have invested that energy into Hockey Mom S.P.

Edited by BoogieBurns
  • Love 5

I never guessed but I’m glad she’s gone quickly. 

I’m sticking with Hunter Hayes for astronaut but he sounded less experienced than Hunter. 

T-Rex immediately reminded me of JoJo Siwa. I was watching with my 11 year old niece and as soon as I said JoJo she was certain it’s her. She was a huge Dance Mom fan so she would know. 

ETA: This group was disappointing. They could have easily kicked off three tonight. I don’t want to see most of them perform again. 

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, Dani said:

ETA: This group was disappointing. They could have easily kicked off three tonight. I don’t want to see most of them perform again

I think this is their worst set of singers thus far..they rushed to get this third season in and it shows, if you ask me.  Can't really think of any I'm anxious to hear again.  

• Love 5

I mean...

There are a lot of other politicians who'd I'd also rather see on The Masked Singer than in a position of power.

So yay for Sarah Palin, I guess.

I'll have to look for Sir Mixalot's social media feed to see if he posts a "WTF was that?" post.

I'm looking forward to the T'Rex's unmasking, presuming it is Jojo Siwa. TRex was less spazzy than Palin was.

• Love 3

I think the astronaut is Neil Patrick Harris.  He sounded like him. He has similar mannerisms.  Same build and he started out young, in the business. 

I would have needed a few more clue packages to guess Sarah Palin.  She has been off my radar for so long, that she would not have crossed my mind as a possibility. 

The "Mama Bear" thing should have been a giveaway. 

By the end it was either going to be the swan or the bear that had to go. It was a toss up. 

3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

The Rhino sounds like Hulk Hogan.  That said, a lot of the tall guys seem to sound like Hulk Hogan when their voices are altered.  Back in the day, wrestling was on once a week.

Ugh - I was thinking wrestler and really wanted to see one on this show, since I loved wrestling as a kid, but Hulk Hogan is one of my least favorite people. I think you may be right though, because the Rhino did do this gesture, which was one of Hogan's better known poses.

hulkugh.png

I thought T-Rex was the absolute worst!  With Mama Bear and Swan closely following.  This group is bad.....

When Sarah's mask came off, there was a moment of pause before she turned around, where I wondered if Nick Cannon had to ask her who she was...???

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, roughing it said:

When Sarah's mask came off, there was a moment of pause before she turned around, where I wondered if Nick Cannon had to ask her who she was...???

She was putting on her glasses.

• Love 3

I'm waiting for an unmasking when the panel and audience are "who the fuck are you?"

I've had that reaction several times.  And I bet a lot of younger people had that reaction last night.  I thought it was funny how the panel members didn't quite know how to react, like they were afraid to do or say anything positive.  

I don't like to see politicians on these kind of shows, but at least here nobody knew who she was, so she wasn't booted because of her identity.  I also agree that this group is pretty weak over all.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, camom said:

I thought it was funny how the panel members didn't quite know how to react, like they were afraid to do or say anything positive.  

I think Robin should get half a point. He guessed the person who plays her on SNL. That's so close. I was hoping he'd be proud of his guess. But really they all just look shocked.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, theatremouse said:

I guessed the bear immediately from the first 5 seconds of the clue package, but then I thought it was too obvious. Apparently it was just obvious enough.

Yup her clue package was bittercakes and she “sang” and spoke with her distinct accent that nobody in Alaska actually has.

I love that the guys on the panel were just standing there looking grim and didn’t join in with the dancing and flailing during her encore. They were probably thinking, “Ew.”

Edited by GreyBunny
7 minutes ago, Rebky said:

I thought the Rhino sounded just like Lionel Ritchie when he started singing.

I thought the same.  I just wasn't sure if Lionel was still able to do those deep knee squats.  He is 70 years old now. 

4 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

I thought the same.  I just wasn't sure if Lionel was still able to do those deep knee squats.  He is 70 years old now. 

Not sure about the squats, but he's pretty busy as a judge on American Idol.

7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I thought for sure The Bear was going to be Lori Loughlin.

The Rhino sounds like Hulk Hogan.  That said, a lot of the tall guys seem to sound like Hulk Hogan when their voices are altered.  Back in the day, wrestling was on once a week.

Group B is the strongest group by far. 

Nichole needs to stop screeching, her voice is in that range where it just gives me a migraine.  And her imitation of Britney Spears, yikes was that bad.

Speaking, the Rhino does sound like Hogan, but I couldn't remember if Hulk sang on any of the songs on the WWF albums when they did those in the 80's. I don't think he did, and as the biggest star in the company, he'd have the opportunity to sing if he could sing. A google search confirmed that he didn't sing on the WWF's 80's albums.

Searching through YouTube for clips of Hogan singing, we get this gravel voiced, toneless gunk.

So, don't think the Rhino is him.

Edited by Fukui San
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

I think Robin should get half a point. He guessed the person who plays her on SNL.

I thought it was Tina Fey in her Sarah Palin glasses when she started to turn around. It took me a sec to realize it was the actual SP.

What was up with SP having so much time to do her encore? After the heads are off, I always want to hear the revealed person sing now that I know who it is. Like Drew Carey and Tom Bergeron, they barely got a few seconds before the show ended. But SP last night, that went on and on and on for so long, I almost shut off the tv to stop the torture.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, saber5055 said:

What was up with SP having so much time to do her encore? After the heads are off, I always want to hear the revealed person sing now that I know who it is. Like Drew Carey and Tom Bergeron, they barely got a few seconds before the show ended. But SP last night, that went on and on and on for so long, I almost shut off the tv to stop the torture.

This, so much this. I said why is she still "singing" they never give anyone this much time to do their encore. And Nick joining in on the performance? What was going on?

This is definitely the weakest group of the three and I don't anyone from this group will make the top 3, unless the fix is in and someone from all three groups has to unofficially be in the final three.

The rhino definitely talks like Hulk Hogan, but no way that singing voice is his.

• Love 1

I think everyone gets to sing their entire song unmasked, they just usually show short portions. Sarah Palin rapping is so bizarre that they aired it all to create a viral video. It worked in that I've been multiple people in the wild posting the clip in a WTF was this? sort of way.

• Love 5

What was up with SP having so much time to do her encore? 

Usually the panel talks a lot after the reveal, fawning over the singer, but this time they were all uncharacteristically quiet.  Left more time to show Palin's encore.

• Love 8
On 3/12/2020 at 11:16 AM, Commando Cody said:

I think the astronaut is Neil Patrick Harris.  He sounded like him. He has similar mannerisms.  Same build and he started out young, in the business. 

I would have needed a few more clue packages to guess Sarah Palin.  She has been off my radar for so long, that she would not have crossed my mind as a possibility. 

The "Mama Bear" thing should have been a giveaway. 

By the end it was either going to be the swan or the bear that had to go. It was a toss up. 

Some of the clues can match up, and his movements kind of seem like him.  The main thing I got from the clues that could point to NPH is as follows: 

Broom = magic (he loves magic tricks)

Hammer = Captain Hammer from Dr. Horrible

Heartthrob = when he was in all the teen magazines during Doogie Howser.

That being said, still not convinced.  The tone wasn't right.  Even if he was trying to mask his voice it just didn't really sound like it could be him.  Maybe, though.  I really wanted to see him on this show so I guess I'm holding out hope. 

• Love 3
On 3/12/2020 at 5:20 PM, saber5055 said:

thought it was Tina Fey in her Sarah Palin glasses when she started to turn around. It took me a sec to realize it was the actual SP.

I did too.  I thought how did Robin guess that !!! Oh, he didn't.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Fukui San said:

I think everyone gets to sing their entire song unmasked, they just usually show short portions. Sarah Palin rapping is so bizarre that they aired it all to create a viral video. It worked in that I've been multiple people in the wild posting the clip in a WTF was this? sort of way.

I think so too, and I have to say I actually enjoyed it because it made me laugh.  And with the news these days, that is a great thing.  

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Fukui San said:

Pretty much. One person in my newsfeed posted it with the comment, “I never thought the apocalypse would be this tacky.”

• LOL 6
On 3/13/2020 at 4:02 PM, galaxychaser said:

I immensely enjoyed Sarah \Nick dance off at the end. It was so bad/cringeworthy it was hilarious. 

For me, too. I mean, we're in the midst of a global pandemic, where many of us are quarantined/confined to our house. Life is so surreal right now. I was relieved that I absolutely lost it at Sarah Palin in a ridiculous fuzzy bear costume, aggressively spitting out half-revised lyrics to "Baby Got Back." If I couldn't laugh at that, I might've worried for my sanity.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 3/12/2020 at 8:11 AM, icemiser69 said:

I thought for sure The Bear was going to be Lori Loughlin.

Group B is the strongest group by far. 

Nichole needs to stop screeching, her voice is in that range where it just gives me a migraine.  And her imitation of Britney Spears, yikes was that bad.

Shit her impersonation was spot on! LOL

• Love 2
On 3/13/2020 at 8:28 AM, Fukui San said:

Joel McHale wouldve had a field day with this back in his The Soup Hosting days lol

Astronaut is IMO Hunter Hayes. 

3 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

I don't know why I watch this show, sometimes.  If it's Hunter Hayes, I don't know who he is either. 

He’s a country singer.