Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Baby Be Mine

• Start Topic

Please don’t get me started on Match.com!  I’m not quite 40 and it’s still lots of scammers and hustlers.  But I’ll be damned if I get hoodwinked by some scammers from a foreign country.  If I can’t pull an Idris Elba type here, why would I be able to do so in Ghana or Angola or Senegal?  (BTW I’ve seen some very attractive Angolan men who were clearly out of my league...I wouldn’t fall for all the sweet talk.)

I do think you can meet people while traveling, but it must be a logistical nightmare and a rarity to boot.  Usman is cute and he could do better than 2.0 and her raspy ass voice. There are plenty of Nigerians in America, so she should ask herself why he isn’t going after one of them unless it’s for a green card. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

It’s something he can’t ever forget. This looks like the face of regret and wondering if the things he did are worth the green card.

A3C9439B-51B7-4DD6-945E-A74C7D111C39.thumb.jpeg.7a6ee2e4abf2c73db33a10fcd8c9f843.jpeg

Esp. after being introduced to the wonders of oral sex!  Poor guy.

• LOL 3
36 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

There are plenty of Nigerians in America, so she should ask herself why he isn’t going after one of them unless it’s for a green card. 

Right?  In my personal opinion, some of the most BEAUTIFUL women I have ever seen were from Nigeria.

35 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Does she bathe any more than Ed does?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, sasha206 said:
21 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

It’s something he can’t ever forget. This looks like the face of regret and wondering if the things he did are worth the green card.

A3C9439B-51B7-4DD6-945E-A74C7D111C39.thumb.jpeg.7a6ee2e4abf2c73db33a10fcd8c9f843.jpeg

“Will I EVER get this taste out of my mouth?” 

• LOL 10

Re Ash’s googly eyes.  I tried to hold my eyes open that wide for more than a second and it actually hurts and I almost lost a contact.  It hurts my eyes.  Is he doing yoga for eyeballs?  It’s not natural. Maybe someone told him he had beady eyes.  I don’t think I’m going to be able to watch this couple if he eyes are always popping out.  Boing!  🙄😳😱🙀👀

• LOL 12
On 3/12/2020 at 9:56 AM, DEL901 said:

Ugh!  I feel your pain second-hand!!

Anyone know how I can see these early looks in Canada?  It tried the website, but the show wasn't viewable up here.  Thx!!

I'm in ON, in the GTA with Rogers. I think the preview airs on TLC Friday nights under the same name as the full 2 hour show, but it's usually only about half an hour long. I usually can't watch live, but it shows up in my recorded shows most of the time. It didn't at all last season though, so I'm not sure if they don't always air previews, or if I just missed setting those ones to record.

Rant.. At the start of any new season I try to set my PVR to record anything with 90 Day Fiance in the title, new or repeat, and even then something happens and a recording will fail. It was going great until I went away last week; it didn't record Pillow Talk because the name had changed in the guide to add 'Pillow Talk' to the title, when it used to air under the same name as the main show 🤦‍♀️ Luckily they tend to rerun them for a few days and I think the next weekend as well.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Right?  In my personal opinion, some of the most BEAUTIFUL women I have ever seen were from Nigeria.

Does she bathe any more than Ed does?

I think she could have a Silkwood-esque shower down there and it wouldn't matter! Hell, even if she is totally clean and tasted like strawberries, it would still be traumatic!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

This man wants his soul back.

2 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

Does he blink? 
D0D3481A-F257-4529-9652-8613BE4200A2.thumb.jpeg.2f1ac060304d191b6c23f86c992805cd.jpeg

This man devours souls.

• LOL 14

When David is seen coming toward someone with a smile at the airport saying, "Look at you,"  I think it's his friend Anya. She said she was picking him up at the airport. The Lana person is going to be wearing a blue dress at a train station. Supposedly. I am pretty sure, unless this is a scripted story, that the Lana he is talking to, and the Lana in the pictures are not the same person. But I'm suspicious of the story, because David says that he hasn't talked to her in real time because it "costs too much." Even if he does buy her story about being too shy to talk to him without being paid (???) in seven years he's never just splurged on audio? What? He's starting to seem like some pervy guy to me.

Ed though doesn't seem that pervy. He seems like he really wants a relationship, and is nervous about women. He's super short, and he may have some spinal discs fused and other health problems that are making life more difficult now he's older. Rose is a dud. She seems joyless. Even Ed smiles and is happy sometimes, and he's the biggest downer since Paul and Coltee. It was nice of Ed to get her some pajamas.

Geoffrey. I dated a guy like that. Really trying hard to play the game of a nice guy, but glimpses of his real feelings come out and its unsettling. The guy I dated was goody goody (no prison or drugs for him!) but he was extremely insecure AND had a huge ego. Super moody and never would own up to any of his feelings. I literally hated that man at the end of the short relationship. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, misokinesia said:

I think the preview airs on TLC Friday nights under the same name as the full 2 hour show, but it's usually only about half an hour long.

I think that's what is called here in the US as "First Look." It's shorter than the early view episode on the TLC app which is 45 minutes, basically the first half of the show. Since they seem to save the best scenes for the second half, it always ends in kind of a cliffhanger. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sterling said:

It could be that there are so many Nigerian men who find women like willing Lisa or Angela as perfect targets to gain access and get money.  

Also, think about it:  The David's & the Ed's who should be going for the Angela's and Lisa's think they should get hot Russian/Phillippine girls.  They know those types of girls are way out of their league, which is why they seek them online.

I get your point. But there is nothing hot about Rose. She’s not that pretty, she has no personality, and she has the body of a child.She is painfully young so maybe that’s what he’s after.

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

When David is seen coming toward someone with a smile at the airport saying, "Look at you,"  I think it's his friend Anya. She said she was picking him up at the airport...

But I'm suspicious of the story, because David says that he hasn't talked to her in real time because it "costs too much." Even if he does buy her story about being too shy to talk to him without being paid (???) in seven years he's never just splurged on audio?

I agree that it's Anya. I think David and Anya didn't work out because he claims she was "so shy." My theory is that she didn't want to sleep with him right away. Maybe she didn't like what she saw. I noticed when he first met Anya he said something about traveling to the Ukraine to "meet some women" so she must not have been the only one he was communicating with but I guess none of them worked out. 

If he is so attracted to Ukrainian "Natasha" type accents, how can he know what Lana sounds like, having never spoken to her? Their conversations disappear after they talk? Doesn't he know about screenshots? 

Both Ukrainian women Victoria and Anya have warned him that he's being catfished and they should know. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 8

I was intrigued by the breakfast seen in Nigeria with Lisa and the Boys.  She had pancakes and the boys had spaghetti and cabbage and a mix of meat-and-fish.  It was also interesting to see that their meals came out covered in plastic wrap. It didn’t appear that their meals were very hot.  So is the spaghetti cabbage and protein mix a standard fare for breakfast or brunch? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

I think it's a massive rug.

It absolutely is a rug.  It looks about as natural as Kim Zolciak's early wigs.  tumblr_ltgsekp08H1qh01r8o1_500.gif

Edited by sasha206
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, RealReality said:

To me, if Ed really wanted a relationship of equals, he wouldn't pursue a woman 30 years his junior who is desperate to escape a crushing poverty.  They can barely even communicate beyond "king" and "queen"

Ed doesn't want a relationship, he wants a situation where he can exploit desperate poverty to get a pretty, young, slim woman that he could never, ever, ever land in the states.  

This is Rosemarie's chance to make a better life for her and her son, so in that way it's less objectionable.  But I think it's wildly unfair that these women (and men) get painted as superficial golddiggers and scammers and the men (or women) as poor innocent victims who are just looking for love when both are in the relationship for equally superficial reasons and the men are perfectly happy with a situation where they can use the threat of a green card or sending someone back to poverty to control their behavior.  

Yep.  

This is the case for a lot of the 90 Dayers, not only men but the women like Lisa. They're looking for the much better looking person they can't get in the states that they can control through threat of potential green card removal.

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, Kid said:

I get your point. But there is nothing hot about Rose. She’s not that pretty, she has no personality, and she has the body of a child.She is painfully young so maybe that’s what he’s after.

For a 54 year-old no-necked, 4'11", overweight compression-stocking wearing, extremely sweaty guy who has to use mayonnaise in his hair, Rose is the prize of all prizes.

Edited by Sterling
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

When David is seen coming toward someone with a smile at the airport saying, "Look at you,"  I think it's his friend Anya.

I made the same guess.  And per David - has he asked Computer  Lana if she wants to drive around the country in an RV?  I am pretty game for anything, but as a 27 year old it was NOT on my wish list to be in an RV with a 60 year old pasty wig wearing man ALL! THE! TIME!  No house?  No friends?  Isolated?  Being trotted out as a trophy girlfriend?  Again, no.  Listen, you guys "talk" for four hours a day, it should have come up.  

Per going to another country for a date - I am in Minnesota and I would not have dated someone in Iowa or Wisconsin - no, I want you here!

• Love 18
4 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Seriously, does he maybe have Graves disease?  That perpetually startled look is so odd!

I don’t know. Maybe. It doesn’t really look like proptosis. I’m not an ophthalmologist, though. The perpetually startled look is odd. His brother didn’t seem to have it going on in that really short clip we saw for next week. I didn’t notice it much until this episode.

• Love 3

BigEd is substituting Rosie with his co-worker, Kara.

BigEd would love to date (boink) Kara but she is 30 years his junior in age, is his work equal and is probably married or in a relationship.

BigEd has nothing other than fatherly friendship to offer her.

Kara gets skeeved out of her pumps thinking that BigEd thinks of her romantically so she can't even go there....Dr. Sigmund Freud would have a lot to say....

You gotta know that BigEd has approached Kara... sniffed around her... dropping not so subtle hints about "liking" her but Kara shot those fanciful ideas down with a bazooka....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

I don’t know. Maybe. It doesn’t really look like proptosis. I’m not an ophthalmologist, though. The perpetually startled look is odd. His brother didn’t seem to have it going on in that really short clip we saw for next week. I didn’t notice it much until this episode.

I would bet it he was ever asked about it, he would claim the vibrations he receives from the earth opens his eyes wide to receive the beauty standing before him.

Edited by sasha206
  • LOL 21
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Sterling said:

All they have to do is say a few "Babylove's" (ugh!), and text a few heart emojis, and these women swoon while packing up all their cash into an empty cereal box and mailing it.

Wow, perfect description!  Sadly ofc.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

If he is so attracted to Ukrainian "Natasha" type accents, how can he know what Lana sounds like, having never spoken to her? Their conversations disappear after they talk? Doesn't he know about screenshots

Great points.  He likes the accent, but has never heard her in 7 years???! 😲

• Love 6
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

If he is so attracted to Ukrainian "Natasha" type accents, how can he know what Lana sounds like, having never spoken to her? Their conversations disappear after they talk? Doesn't he know about screenshots? 

He made a comment about getting turned on AS A LITTLE KID with the accent.  EEWWWWW!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

She’s from Siberia, isn’t she? Not exactly cosmopolitan. Just the mild climate in TN is an upgrade. She’s a hick with an awful dye job. 

Knoxville. Population about 175k. Affordable living. Access to plenty of outdoor recreation. Not too far from the overpopulated, overpriced, and sometimes dirty cities to the northeast. So there are a lot of people in Moscow who seem unhappy. Why would you want to be around miserable people, and many of them? Just another bigoted, ignorant hick from Europe. And no I don’t like him.

I'm from Knoxville and think it's fantastic.... for what it is. A smallish city surrounded by tons of natural beauty and outdoor activities, dirt cheap cost of living due in large part to no state income tax and super low property taxes/prices, with easy access to Nashville and Atlanta. From the few minutes I just spent with Google, Knoxville looks light years better than Varya's hometown; about on par with to a little smaller than where she's currently living as far as available activities/restaurants/shopping, hustle/bustle etc; and not even close to the same as a city like Moscow.  To be fair, however, while I do miss it, Knoxville is too small a city to offer any opportunities practicing law in the specific area I love, so I've lived in one of the largest metroplexes in the US for the last 10 yrs.

Geoffrey totally lost me in his twisted geographical logic however when they were talking at Varya's apartment. Earlier in the day, we see him promoting Knoxville to Varya, encouraging her that she can be happy there, and telling her it makes him so happy to hear her discussing moving there to be with him. Then, he sees her apartment, she tells him it's unfinished because she's been saving her resources in anticipation of things working out with Geoffrey and moving to Knoxville, and dude's all, "WTF?!? Bitch is scamming me!"  Ummm, no, Geoffrey, she was putting her money where her mouth is and doing exactly what you were encouraging her to do earlier that day... But apparently,, she was supposed to really really want you to want her to move, but in no way show she might actually be expecting it by making any preparations.... and yeah, F YOU. 

-- In other news, I actually snorted when Babygirl Lisa asked Usman if he enjoyed his first time ever having sex without a condom. Comedy gold, and you truly cannot make this shit up. 

-- And just when I think Darcey and Stacey cannot possibly fuck up their faces/bodies any more, they find a way to force in even more filler and look even more awful.  Made all the more tragic by how lovely they both were before they discovered cosmetic surgery. As to their clothing brand, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even wear a pair of socks "designed" by those two....  On a serious note, I pray Darcey's daughters have other women in their lives modeling healthy self worth to counterbalance the almost complete lack of self esteem displayed by their mother...

-- Big Ed is in for a rude awakening if he's expecting Rose to actually like him. That girl is gritting her teeth and bearing who she deemed most tolerable of the pool she had available to choose from. So yeah, sorry, Big Ed, but I'm afraid "least repulsive" is about the best you can hope for here....

Ash and Marijuana chick should just fuck each others brains out for the 2 weeks she's there and then spare themselves and everyone else the inevitable drama to follow by just going ahead and moving on.  And same for the girl who sang the pizza song and her neon haired gf.  Enjoy the sex, especially since you've been abstaining for God knows how long, and then lose each other's numbers and get on with your lives.  And hey, look on the bright side (no pun intended).... you'll always have.... the "Outback?" ( ;

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 17

I noticed a shower fixture in Usman's bathroom.  So I think this business about bathing in the bucket is made up.  I suppose there's a slight chance there's an issue with the plumbing, but the toilet apparently works, so I'm not persuaded it's some sort of producer shenanigans.

On 3/15/2020 at 9:44 PM, Frozendiva said:

Avery and Ash - you looked good after a long flight, Avery. Ash's prominent eyes are probably due to some medical condition. If not, he can come across as a bit creepy.

Even if it is due to some medical condition, I still find it creepy.  But I have a very real aversion to buggy eyes.

On 3/16/2020 at 11:47 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

The impression I got from Unicycle Man was that he was wanting to sell his stuff (except the unicycle) and his house, buy a $350,000 RV and travel the country with Lana...it would have been cheaper if he had a Real Doll made to look like her. 

I think it's a genius idea.  There are a lot of men who would like to sell the house and travel fulltime, but their wives don't want to part with all the junk they have in the house, or even the house itself, or be away from their grandkids.  And not a lot of people want to do it alone.

So import one with no possessions or local attachments.

ETA: Of course I would hope he would have mentioned the itinerant lifestyle he has planned.  But it does appear that for people on this show, telling their intendeds important things during their millions of "conversations" doesn't seem to be a strong suit.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I think it's a genius idea.  There are a lot of men who would like to sell the house and travel fulltime, but their wives don't want to part with all the junk they have in the house, or even the house itself, or be away from their grandkids.  And not a lot of people want to do it alone.

I think it's a genius idea for men who date women their same age - or at least even remotely close, but when your girlfriend is 30 years younger and still in her 20's, I'm not sure this would be much fun.  I guess wherever they parked she could leave him to snooze while she goes out clubbing.  Which is probably what Varya has planned.  I think Lana exists about as much as the Ashley Madison women did - which is not at all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

I agree that it's Anya. I think David and Anya didn't work out because he claims she was "so shy." My theory is that she didn't want to sleep with him right away. Maybe she didn't like what she saw. I noticed when he first met Anya he said something about traveling to the Ukraine to "meet some women" so she must not have been the only one he was communicating with but I guess none of them worked out. 

Someone on this forum mentioned a documentary on Amazon Prime called "Love Me."  Men go on "tours" of various cities in the Ukraine specifically looking to meet women who want to get married - preferably to foreign men.  I'm guessing that is where he met Anya but, let's be honest, she is cute as can be and WAY out of his league.  I think her "shyness" was because she had other, better prospects on the line - especially since she is now married.  She was being kind and (sorta) friendly to him because he was probably the back-up for the back-up.

I actually felt really bad for Rosemarie when they were in Manilla.  She lives in a small town several hours away.  I'm guessing that she probably doesn't have the resources to visit the city very often.  She appeared to be having a genuinely good time in the market and was not trying to get him to buy her a lot of stuff - she was actually encouraging him to spend more money on himself.  Then Ed started whining and wanting to leave.  She seemed really disappointed.  To me, it would be like if you lived in a small town in the US and someone offered you a trip to somewhere like NYC.  You're really excited because this is something you can't afford.  Then, before you even have a chance to do anything the person you are with starts complaining and wanting to go back to the hotel.  Yes, you are only going on the trip because of the other person, but it still has to be really disappointing.  

• Love 21
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Someone on this forum mentioned a documentary on Amazon Prime called "Love Me."  Men go on "tours" of various cities in the Ukraine specifically looking to meet women who want to get married - preferably to foreign men.  I'm guessing that is where he met Anya but, let's be honest, she is cute as can be and WAY out of his league.  I think her "shyness" was because she had other, better prospects on the line - especially since she is now married.  She was being kind and (sorta) friendly to him because he was probably the back-up for the back-up.

I actually felt really bad for Rosemarie when they were in Manilla.  She lives in a small town several hours away.  I'm guessing that she probably doesn't have the resources to visit the city very often.  She appeared to be having a genuinely good time in the market and was not trying to get him to buy her a lot of stuff - she was actually encouraging him to spend more money on himself.  Then Ed started whining and wanting to leave.  She seemed really disappointed.  To me, it would be like if you lived in a small town in the US and someone offered you a trip to somewhere like NYC.  You're really excited because this is something you can't afford.  Then, before you even have a chance to do anything the person you are with starts complaining and wanting to go back to the hotel.  Yes, you are only going on the trip because of the other person, but it still has to be really disappointing.  

I saw it as a chance to see exactly how much money he had in his wallet. And how quick she could get her paws on it. Where are all the things he sent her? I’m guessing they went straight out the door and sold by her sister. To me it doesn’t matter how little the things he purchased actually cost. It’s his money. She has no right to grab and hand it out and to tell someone to “keep the change”. She should have let him deal with the shop clerk on his own and if need be ASK her to help. As far as being hot, he talked about that from the moment he met her. He had the AC on full blast in the hotel. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

I saw it as a chance to see exactly how much money he had in his wallet. And how quick she could get her paws on it. Where are all the things he sent her? I’m guessing they went straight out the door and sold by her sister. To me it doesn’t matter how little the things he purchased actually cost. It’s his money. She has no right to grab and hand it out and to tell someone to “keep the change”. She should have let him deal with the shop clerk on his own and if need be ASK her to help. As far as being hot, he talked about that from the moment he met her. He had the AC on full blast in the hotel. 

He is morbidly obese so I can see why he hates heat and humidity,

• Love 3

Ash looks like that Momo cartoon figure that was once feared by all parents on YouTube. But something is unnatural about his eyes. My thinking was he was taking some type of supplement or drug that was messing with his startle reflex. He doesn't blink, but he's too young for Parkinson's. Since Avery is a druggie, he probably is too. But he could have had eyelid surgery or something that pulled his eyelids down and had big eyes anyway... who knows. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Ash looks like that Momo cartoon figure that was once feared by all parents on YouTube. But something is unnatural about his eyes. My thinking was he was taking some type of supplement or drug that was messing with his startle reflex. He doesn't blink, but he's too young for Parkinson's. Since Avery is a druggie, he probably is too. But he could have had eyelid surgery or something that pulled his eyelids down and had big eyes anyway... who knows. 

I’ve met several people with eyes like that. They were all, at the least, strange. Sometimes outright nutty. I think that lady astronaut who stalked her coworker and drove cross country to kidnap either him or his girlfriend... she had the same eyes. 

16 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Since Avery is a druggie, he probably is too.

He claims not to drink alcohol or use any drugs which I thought might be a problem with Avery's fondness for cannabis cooking. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, RealReality said:

To me, if Ed really wanted a relationship of equals, he wouldn't pursue a woman 30 years his junior who is desperate to escape a crushing poverty.  They can barely even communicate beyond "king" and "queen"

Ed doesn't want a relationship, he wants a situation where he can exploit desperate poverty to get a pretty, young, slim woman that he could never, ever, ever land in the states.  

This is Rosemarie's chance to make a better life for her and her son, so in that way it's less objectionable.  But I think it's wildly unfair that these women (and men) get painted as superficial golddiggers and scammers and the men (or women) as poor innocent victims who are just looking for love when both are in the relationship for equally superficial reasons and the men are perfectly happy with a situation where they can use the threat of a green card or sending someone back to poverty to control their behavior.  

Agree.

Anfisa is a gold digger. Rose, Hazel, et al seem to want a house with more than one room, a bed, a toilet, and a kitchen-not to mention a good education for their kids. Things that MOST of us, even the lower class, have and take for granted. It's not the same, IMO. Ed is not a victim, nor was Tyrik (?). Both people in the relationship want something the other can provide. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Spoiler

He said on his instagram his eyes look messed up as he was wearing "old" contact lenses because he can't see without them but didn't have time to buy new ones. Sure Jan.

Edited by Takitaki
  • LOL 11

Imo with the good, the bad and the ugly,  Big Ed is the breakout star of this franchise. Babygirl Lisa being the close runner up.

Big ed has A LOT of strikes against him in this life. Yet he still chooses to put himself out there socially, professionally, and romantically despite the way he must know he will be perceived just based on his looks alone. I admire the positive, optimistic attitude he seems able to sustain. It would be very easy for a man like him to just resign himself to the fact that he is unlikely to be held in high esteem socially by male peers, and will be at the bottom of the totem pole as fr as attracting women. 

However,  I don't see him acting with a chip on his shoulder, or engaged in self pity. He seems to take life in stride, and his positive can-do behavior projects a confidence that seems to earn the respect of those around him. Also, he really seems sincere in his positive spirit , not an insecure people pleaser pretending to be confident to get people to like him. 

He's also honest with himself and others about his obvious lacking qualities, namely his stature and weight. I think that's the real reason why he immediately asked Rose  if she  found him 'acceptable ' appearance wise (awkward as it was), because he's aware his physical appearance is far from the standard of the ideal or even acceptable male attractiveness . In asking her I feel he was kinda acknowledging that, mentioning the elephant in the room as it were, and tacitly implying that he knew Rose would likely not be super excited about his look, but hoping she 'liked' what she saw enough for it not to be a deal breaker. I actually think facially, he's kinda handsome, although the chubbiness through lower face and neck takes away. He has photogenic facial features.

Reality is, most women in the U.S., in his age group, above his age group, and below his age group would not likely give him a chance romantically. Case in point,  his 20 year dry spell. I do agree with other posters that he could expand his search to include women who shared physical differences which makes it hard for them to find a partner. It's definitely an abelist bias on his part. I do get the impression that he was raised to believe he was just the same as the 'other kids', and not to focus on his limitations. This was common for a gen x upbringing.

Sorry for the novel btw, I just have a liking for Ed, he seems to have made lemons into lemonade and I admire his can-do approach to life, he seems to have a big heart, a genuinely appealing personality, and free from a cynical attitude considering the hard knocks life has thrown him.

Babygirl Lisa, all I can say is omg those 'bedroom eyes' she's always throwing him are more nauseating than anything else 'intimate' they show between them.

Honestly, she makes Ang seem both attractive, likeable, classy, and fun in comparison.

Lisa's one positive is I like her wardrobe so far. That lace-edge long sleeved white top with the light jeans actually looked pretty on her when she arrived at the airport. She also pulled off the red dress at breakfast, it looked good on her and I didn't see her pulling off that color so kudos. Also the white floral top she wore in the car after breakfast was pretty, slight ding for the almost off shoulder, but overall a win. Big negative points for the 'sexy' silk negligee she had on 'the morning after' it just accentuated her gut, big no (shudder).

Other opinions will have to wait although I'm mystified as to how Geoffrey obtained a passport as a multitude felon?

Also, kinda mean but I feel YouTube girl is about 2-4 years away from a transition from thick(currently) to being big girl and then continuing that trajectory upwards. It's just a figure I've seen that happen to. 

David seems delusional regarding Lana in that he doesn't want to believe he's been played for a fool. Especially for so long, therefore he doubles down on his commitment that she's genuine.

I actually think his hair is real, though dyed, he seems to be hanging on to an older, outdated guy's hairstyle. That hairstyle would be right at home in the 90's but it looks out of place now. Speaking of the 90's,  unicycle riding was trendy for a minute then as well. I recall the summer camps I attended as a camper and a counselor having them and learning to ride was a popular activity (takes about a week of committed practice). So apparently David is stuck in the 90's. Or maybe it is a wig and he's just into eccentric hobbies.

Since I've gone on this long, may as well cover the bases. Ash and Avery, the imo she's out of his league, they may click, but he's a player (thinks he is) and seems to like to target women with lower self esteem as conquests. She does seem a bit insecure,  but ash looks better on paper and in photos than in real life imo. So as beautiful as Avery is, she may be turned off by his slimy player lifestyle, and realize he's shallow /not worth it /she can do better. We really haven't seen enough of her to project whether she'll be vulnerable to his BS. I hope she sees through him bc he's very manipulative and definitely has his eyes on that Green card.

No more interest really in Darcey/Stacey and that whole drama with Tom. Guarantee if he meets he in N.Y. it's to dump her in person (lets be friends ouch) I am however fascinated by twins bc it seems like sibling rivalry on steroids but the bond is more like a marriage. This dates to my huge obsession Tia and Tamera's reality show . Won't go there but watching that show really opened my eyes to the complexity of the emotional dynamic of twins where a bedrock of loyalty meets blood sport competitiveness and total betrayal/abdication of the bond all in one place. 

Final statement, I noticed the presence of Big Ed has really drawn in the interest of male demographic, both as casual viewers(husbands and sons 'just passing through') and active commentary. Something about his very unique (some might say mockable) brand of masculinity seems to have jumped on to the radar of many guys. I have a couple guesses as to why but the only one I can really articulate is 'but for the grace of God go I'. Interesting gender theory question for me to ponder(internally, I promise, no theses forthcoming!) Lol

Thesis ended, thank you 🙃

• Love 10
17 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

The perpetually startled look is odd. 

Those are nurturing eyes.

16 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

He made a comment about getting turned on AS A LITTLE KID with the accent.  EEWWWWW!!!!

Hey, I had crushes on some cartoons as a kid, but it doesn't mean that I seek out Arabian men in vests and loose pants with no nipples now.

• LOL 18
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Geoffrey totally lost me in his twisted geographical logic however when they were talking at Varya's apartment. Earlier in the day, we see him promoting Knoxville to Varya, encouraging her that she can be happy there, and telling her it makes him so happy to hear her discussing moving there to be with him. Then, he sees her apartment, she tells him it's unfinished because she's been saving her resources in anticipation of things working out with Geoffrey and moving to Knoxville, and dude's all, "WTF?!? Bitch is scamming me!"  

Ash and Marijuana chick should just fuck each others brains out for the 2 weeks she's there and then spare themselves and everyone else the inevitable drama to follow by just going ahead and moving on. 

I was really proud of Varya for being the first foreigner in the history of the show to actually prepare financially to move.

And I love how Avery keeps talking about how they've always been so connected, and the relationship has been so easy, and in the next breath talks about how they've broken up several times already.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, mcacc2018 said:

Sorry for the novel btw, I just have a liking for Ed, he seems to have made lemons into lemonade and I admire his can-do approach to life, he seems to have a big heart, a genuinely appealing personality, and free from a cynical attitude considering the hard knocks life has thrown him.

I actually think his hair is real, though dyed, he seems to be hanging on to an older, outdated guy's hairstyle. That hairstyle would be right at home in the 90's but it looks out of place now. 

Ed does have some positive attributes.  Going after a woman in extreme poverty, 31 years younger than he is, is not one of them.

David totally wears a fanny pack when he travels.  He's a creepier Danny Tanner from Full House.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Kangatush said:

Those are nurturing eyes.

Hey, I had crushes on some cartoons as a kid, but it doesn't mean that I seek out Arabian men in vests and loose pants with no nipples now.

At age 6 I had a huge crush on Davy Jones. I was sorely disappointed when I learned the Nickelodeon shows were re-runs and that he was actually middle-aged. Of course I DID grow up and marry a Brit so maybe this wasn't the best example...

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Takitaki said:
  Reveal spoiler

He said on his instagram his eyes look messed up as he was wearing "old" contact lenses because he can't see without them but didn't have time to buy new ones. Sure Jan.

My late husband, who would have absolutely loved this train-wreck of a series, had eyes similar to Ash's except that my husband wore glasses, which seemed to help sort of break up that area of his face.. or let him relax his eyes, maybe? Either way, early in our relationship after seeing him in contacts a few times I told him that I didn't like it because his eyes were just too intense, it was distracting and a bit creepy. He was a good sport about it, though he did tease me by writing a poem titled The Beast with a line "Eyes too intense", but he did stop wearing contacts most of the time and even married me 🤣 Maybe Ash just has a face for glasses?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Someone on this forum mentioned a documentary on Amazon Prime called "Love Me."  Men go on "tours" of various cities in the Ukraine specifically looking to meet women who want to get married - preferably to foreign men. 

Yes, at first glance, I actually thought this was one of the men from that documentary.

it just occurred to me that BabyLuv hasn’t even bothered to pronounce her betrothed’s name correctly. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2