Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Baby Be Mine

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, RealReality said:

Geoffrey's game is transparent.  He seems to have been on a non-stop campaign since he got there to make varya feel small and shitty.  

The lipstick, she is awkward, why won't she sleep with him, her apartment, she is scamming him for a green card.  

The worse he makes her feel, the more insecure she feels the easier it is for him to groom her to be his next victim.  A woman who is confident in herself isn't going to put up with his abuse, so he needs to tear down her esteem, brick by brick.  

It's good on her that it doesn't seem to be working.  If she were Darcy she'd be in a puddle of tears. 

He is human garbage. 

His picture needs to be in the dictionary, next to "sociopathic wife batterer".  Classic gaslighting, make her feel bad about herself to gain control.  F*** you three ways to Sunday, you pos.  So disgusted that this man is being paid for this ridiculous facade.  We already KNOW who he is, he has demonstrated that amply.  Run Varya, and I don't mean that facetiously.

• Love 20
27 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

David didn't connect with Anya because she was too shy. Why do I get the feeling shy=not willing to jump his bones right away.

He reallllly seems like a silicone dolls guy.  I can already envision him on one of those documentaries.....dressing up the doll....giving it a name.....putting it in a room with "sister dolls".....cheating on the doll with another doll.....giving the dolls "personalities"

I mean, he has given Lana a personality based mostly on emojis...so he has a good imagination. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, politichick said:

Avery is a fool if she falls for Ash's nonsense. What the hell would he do for work in the U.S.? He's a flim-flam man.

I think he can pull his Skype Scam from anywhere in the world 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I couldn't even guess how old they look.  Forties?  But when I see the picture of Tom with the new girl I think "wow, she is so much prettier!"  NOT that looks is the most important factor BY FAR!  But I am thinking there is something really "off-putting" about Darcy's personality that maybe isn't shown on camera for TWO guys to decide a relationship with her isn't worth it.  (I wasn't watching when Jessie apparently was on the show.)

Darcey admits to 45, she looks a hard 50 imo. She was the same drunk crybaby with Jesse. And she bombarded him with engagement & marriage "hints" the whole visit. 

They went for a bike ride and she was a disaster spectacle. They went to his parents hippie artist home for lunch, and his beaded, raibow-hair stepfather said to Jesse in front of Darcey, "you're gorgeous, you could do better."  Her look that season was chubby goth girl with pitch black,  long straight hair. Extra tight clothes and spiky heels. Definitely worth the 1.99 for each episode.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, renatae said:

If Mama ever meets Lisa in person and catches her bossy drift, she'll be sure to forbid the marriage, and Usman would be wise to obey.

That meeting is going to happen soon since we've seen previews of Lisa in Nigerian clothing having dinner with Mama Usman. I guess that's when they ask for her "blessings" to get married

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, StitchPunk said:

I really don't like Varya. She seems to just care about moving to America and I don't think that about most people. Whether or not Geoffrey has some shady past, which seems like a ton of assumptions and hypocrisy honestly, playing with someone's emotions like that makes here pretty much as bad as him in my opinion. Most likely they're both different types of awful and won't work out. They're guilting/using each other at worst. 

I don't see getting someone black Rose's as that bad if that's what they would like. That's something places wouldn't generally carry so you'd likely need to special order it which is a lot more than just dropping by a store and picking up some red roses like everyone does. Ash still seems kinda gross. They both do. I don't like either of them. Why don't they both sleep in the room with two beds? Why waste the bigger room? 

David can ride a unicycle which honestly is the most impressive thing I've seen on this show. Too bad it's very unlikely it will work, but the unicycle and cats make it hard to dislike him. 

Lisa is very unlikable. His house didn't seem so bad. There was tile in the bathroom. It wouldn't be what many people in the US would be used to, but he said it's pretty typical for where he's from. 

After seeing a Varna’s shithole apt,  Tennessee would be paradise.  I don’t like her.  She’s very transparent and doesn’t hide it.  

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

Just re-watching the preview.  "If I go it won't be because of this! It will be to empower myself!"  hahaha Darcy.  So full of shit.  And stacy and the other friend telling her she needs to go meet him face to face...with a sister and a friend like that who needs enemies?  🤣

She needs to meet Tom and she WILL meet Tom in NY to give TLC some footage. She cannot say no to the meeting.

I sort of remember when I was young, around the age of Rose, and I found older men to be so so gross. If they paid any attention to me I was really nauseated. I can see this same look on Rose's face. She needs to do this for herself and her son but she is physically ill. Her face just looks pained.  And she thought he would be a bit better looking. He was using the halo light for chats, and he never showed his body. He was sweating like a pig outside because he is so fat and so old, he can't do normal things like walk around in a market on a hot day.

I do admire unicyclists, but other than that, this guy is a mess.

I decided to Fast Forward thru the lesbians. They both think they are sooooo great and both want to be stars. NO ONE CARES. I will not watch this shit.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

That meeting is going to happen soon since we've seen previews of Lisa in Nigerian clothing having dinner with Mama Usman. I guess that's when they ask for her "blessings" to get married

I don't see Lisa buying a microwave for Usman's mother and gifts for the others as offerings for the marriage "blessings." 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

But I also wonder - is Ed planning on having unprotected sex... or is he expecting Rose to somehow have birth control (like she could afford it!)  Because he has made it clear that he doesn't want children, and it doesn't sound like he wants to use a condom.

He packed condoms, remember his phrase about something like wrapping his tool? 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

After seeing a Varna’s shithole apt,  Tennessee would be paradise.  I don’t like her.  She’s very transparent and doesn’t hide it.  

I don't think I like her, either.  I have never been to Tennessee, but I hardly think you could call Knoxville a "village"!  What IS the definition of a "village", anyway?  lol

• Love 7

I have no doubt that Usman's mother hopes for grandchildren.  She's going to take one look at Lisa with her dried up uterus (and everything else!) and push her out the door.

I think Lisa takes this very seriously, but I have such a hard time believing Usman is into this for anything other than a green card.  Surely he's voiced that to his family and friends?  No?

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

She’s very transparent and doesn’t hide it.

Absolutely, Geoff went looking on a Russian website for a woman, did he entertain the idea of moving to Russia if he found love, no he did not...he had it in his mind that he would bring back his soulmate (hate that word!) to Tennessee.  This is a transactional relationship, Varya wants out and he wants someone in his bed, he would be fooling himself if he tries to deny it. Good for Varya for being very clear about this.  

• Love 23
29 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

It’s something he can’t ever forget. This looks like the face of regret and wondering if the things he did are worth the green card.

A3C9439B-51B7-4DD6-945E-A74C7D111C39.thumb.jpeg.7a6ee2e4abf2c73db33a10fcd8c9f843.jpeg

What's Usman thinking? Let's have a "thought bubble" contest. 

• LOL 8
12 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I don't think I like her, either.  I have never been to Tennessee, but I hardly think you could call Knoxville a "village"!  What IS the definition of a "village", anyway? 

but he's "25 minutes or so" outside of the Knoxville and he might be downplaying the distance. It looks pretty rural where he lives with the two mangy guard dogs running around his property. 

"Geoff" is giving me vibes of another Jeff-You Might Be a Redneck Foxworthy

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I bet Boris Lana asked David if he wanted to cyber, like it's the late 90s and they're on AIM or ICQ.

OMG, you said ICQ lol, I used to be a gamer and that was the first messenger we used in game lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

It’s something he can’t ever forget. This looks like the face of regret and wondering if the things he did are worth the green card.

A3C9439B-51B7-4DD6-945E-A74C7D111C39.thumb.jpeg.7a6ee2e4abf2c73db33a10fcd8c9f843.jpeg

As an over abundance of caution my next posting will be disturbing.

Please proceed  accordingly.

Barf bags in the ready.

50 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

The look of a man at a Crossroads...

Thought Bubble: I think I can...I think I can...I think I can...

An American Green Card is his to be had at his finger tips or in his case.....the tip of his tongue....

A sexed up SojaBoy is not joyful despite having just received a thorough love cleaning of his manhood ...he knows what he must do for his career...

Can he muster up the fortitude to guzzle up and around the dank alleys of the York Olde Downtown District...

How to keep from barfing? Cannot imagine a worse place to spew...refluxing back into his mouth...

Will he suffocate or sustain a concussion if her legs slam shut?

Will his face melt off?

Look up and see what a man in fear mixed with dread and resign as a part of his soul dies...as he muff dives into his destiny...

Brain bleach spray...pass it on....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, RealReality said:

He reallllly seems like a silicone dolls guy.  I can already envision him on one of those documentaries.....dressing up the doll....giving it a name.....putting it in a room with "sister dolls".....cheating on the doll with another doll.....giving the dolls "personalities"

I mean, he has given Lana a personality based mostly on emojis...so he has a good imagination. 

The impression I got from Unicycle Man was that he was wanting to sell his stuff (except the unicycle) and his house, buy a $350,000 RV and travel the country with Lana...it would have been cheaper if he had a Real Doll made to look like her.  

I hope he tells Lana (Sergei or Alexei), about his future plans because that is a lot to throw on a person as in "we won't have a home, we will travel the land in a caravan, no need for you to make friends with anyone or get a job and make your own money!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, politichick said:

Avery is a fool if she falls for Ash's nonsense. What the hell would he do for work in the U.S.? He's a flim-flam man.

I think you vastly underrate the amount of yoga mats and hippie incense that gets sold in the west. Seems every second middle aged woman is "spiritual" to some degree; he'd probably do pretty well in Seattle.

3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Does Rose actually like being fed by Ed?  I've never really thought it was all that romantic.  I guess maybe a strawberry and champagne feast... or grapes... lol.  But eggs or whatever they had for breakfast? 

She may be purposely misinterpreting his request to "spoon" in the morning - she's likely far more intelligent than we imagine.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

It looks like David meets his Natasha next episode if the preview was any indication. There was a scene at an airport and him with a big grin on his face saying “hiii”. I’ll believe it when I see it though. 

It is probably his friend from the Ukraine that he was FaceTiming with.  Preview is a bait and switch.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, InternetToughGuy said:

I'm sure any taxidermist would be amazed someone can somehow smell worse when they're still alive

A raccoon walks past sniffs  saying... Uncle Buddy? I knew it was you...BTW, who is that man under you?

Smell you later....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 3/12/2020 at 7:56 AM, DEL901 said:

Anyone know how I can see these early looks in Canada?  It tried the website, but the show wasn't viewable up here.  Thx!!

Hi, I get it here in Saskatchewan. We watch it on Slice and have just started getting them a few weeks ago.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

He and Arizona David are the most awkward men on this whole series, and that is saying a lot.  Geoffrey is so passive aggressive: "Oh you are not sleeping with me tonight?

I'd imagine he's trying to express his frustration/annoyance while aware that there's a camera filming him. If he tried venting about why he expected sex, everyone would just be all "She doesn't owe you anything dude!" and if he got mad "Geoffrey's a psycho!". He can't win. Not that the relationship is worth pursuing anyways, it looks terrible.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

On behalf of the education of those under 50.

Lots of women use those pads because if you laugh too hard or sneeze, there will be drippage.  Also, if you walk a lot and have to wait a little too long to get to a restroom . . . 

Or so my friends tell me.  LOL.

😐....🤨.....🤒....🤢.....🤮

My gradual change of reaction while I processed your description

• LOL 3
19 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The impression I got from Unicycle Man was that he was wanting to sell his stuff (except the unicycle) and his house, buy a $350,000 RV and travel the country with Lana...it would have been cheaper if he had a Real Doll made to look like her.  

I hope he tells Lana (Sergei or Alexei), about his future plans because that is a lot to throw on a person as in "we won't have a home, we will travel the land in a caravan, no need for you to make friends with anyone or get a job and make your own money!"

Tell me you don't think the real doll would be a great travel companion for David cross country.  

No need for a shower, and think of the amazing conversations "mmmmmmm, yes"

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
Just now, RealReality said:

Tell me you don't think the real doll would be a great travel companion for David cross country.  

"You are a naughty little minx!  I think it's time to ravish you!"

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, RealReality said:

LOL! Can you imagine the conversations with the other campers at the trailer parks he stops in!

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Forgot something.
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Someone mentioned upthread that David and Yolanda are both in Vegas and could get together.    He strikes me as the type who would think she wasn’t hot enough and would rather keep hoping with his young Ukrainian hottie than a pleasant looking woman close to his own age.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
34 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Whoever that girl is in the pictures that they are calling "Lana" is clearly a party girl.  She looks like a model and she looks high maintenance and like she is used to and needs lots of male attention.  She is not the kind of woman you pack into an RV and go to Florida for the winter with.  lol

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

LOL.  People may have a gaydar, but I have learned that mine is awful. 

I once knew this makeup artist at Sephora and I assumed he was gay for a variety of reasons.  He was great and because I am desperate for a gay male friend I made all sorts of embarrassing admissions hoping to entice him into a friendship.  

I've always wanted a fabulous gay male friend, but one who was ALSO a makeup artist?  That is more than I could have ever hoped for!  It would bring so much color and fun into my life without any awkward sexual tension!  Fabulous!!

Even when he said he was married, I had assumed he was married to a man.  I was wrong.  He was just a fabulous straight man who liked makeup, was super creative and was married to a woman. 

From that day forward, I actively ignored my "gaydar"

Yeah I guess I can concede some people may have it. I thought when I came out I'd be able to hone mine, but nope--I stopped trying after some crushes that were very pointless! For me, I take someone's sexuality at face value. If they say they're xyz, that's what they are. But on these boards look at all the 90 dayers people have accused of being gay, just because they're different (uh hi, they're from different cultures?) or they're not absolutely slavering over an obese, wrinkly ashtray with a bad temper and a penchant for domestic violence. You're slim, young, relatively attractive, dress well and you're NOT acting absolutely head over heels for Grangela, Danielle, or Lisa? YOU MUST BE GAY. 

Like, these people are a lot of things, but gay ain't one of them. We don't claim them, they're yours.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Rt66vintage said:

Darcey admits to 45, she looks a hard 50 imo. She was the same drunk crybaby with Jesse. And she bombarded him with engagement & marriage "hints" the whole visit. 

They went for a bike ride and she was a disaster spectacle. They went to his parents hippie artist home for lunch, and his beaded, raibow-hair stepfather said to Jesse in front of Darcey, "you're gorgeous, you could do better."  Her look that season was chubby goth girl with pitch black,  long straight hair. Extra tight clothes and spiky heels. Definitely worth the 1.99 for each episode.

Darcy looks older than me and i'm in my 50s.. she is a caricature of herself.. huge lips, huge boobs.. god knows what else is huge.. maybe her tear-ducts.. she's a mess

I want to see the INVISIBLE people.. maybe that might be a good show..i.e. Ceasar and Yolanda (who I really hate to call a woman, she's so dumb)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

“Why do I smell Marlboro’s and mackerel?”

”Oh God, it’s it real!!!”

”Dafuq did I get myself into?”

"Where's ma mama?"

• LOL 3
16 hours ago, Kyanight said:

No - I thought that for a split second and then I remembered that the "shy" girl Ana (?) said she would pick him up at the airport.  Yet AGAIN.  For the fourth time.   Like that one guy said on pillow talk:  "There's a 5% chance that she's real.... and a 95% chance that she looks like me".  LOL     He's TOTALLY talking to some guy using some girl's photos.

I must black out or fall asleep when this DAVID comes on.  he's the only one I know nothing about.. (or our mayor, Marty McFly - I don't know his last name) keeps coming on tv to tell us to stay home.. bite me.. (just kidding, if you're sick stay home)

1 hour ago, AussieBabe said:

and now I can't UNSEE this - bad enough on tv.. and in the back of the bell-boys car

• Love 2
1 hour ago, magemaud said:
4 hours ago, politichick said:

I think he can pull his Skype Scam from anywhere in the world 

I think that's how they met, and he reeled her in once he discovered her loose grip on reality

16 hours ago, Boston said:

#2.. I'm sure this has been discussed a hundred times before.. but PEOPLE (on the show) you are NOT DATING.  Dating means a guy comes to your door, picks you up and you go someplace.  This internet shit (and I've done it, but never called it dating) is so stupid.  Get a grip - these people are adults.  My last relationship I met online.. MET.. then we met UP.. we weren't DATING before then.

I scream this at my TV and at every live chat every week. 

12 hours ago, Kangatush said:

OK, I'm a little ahead since Stephanie is still on the plane, but it's been bugging me since we met her.  Her girlfriend does not live in the Outback.  The Outback is basically empty desert where it takes FOREVER to reach anything.  There is no place a manic pixie girl can go hang out in a club with her friends.  Steph is flying into Adelaide.  It is a capitol city.  Even if Erika doesn't live in the city, at best she's in a suburb town.  Again, NOT the Outback.

But how can Sharp show that Australia (like any foreign country that has the misfortune to be represented on this crapfest) is filthy, backward, teeming with disease, flyblown, uncivilized, and primitive? They live for the cultural stereotype. A leafy suburb of a modern, cosmopolitan city? Nah. The grubby, rough and tumble, more-sheep-than-people Outback? Yes! 

Remember when Darcy first went to Amsterdam to meet Jesse? All of his talking heads were in a studio stuffed with wooden shoes, windmills, tulips, those winged hats, a bicycle, probably cheese and Heineken beer too. 

3 hours ago, Colfrmb2 said:

I wish we were all at thanksgiving dinner telling stories before dessert. This whole thing brings joy to my heart. Keep these great comments coming. Joy to the world.  Thanks, everybody.

Glad to have you in our merry band of miscreants! We should at least have a virtual Thanksgiving dinner some time. That would be epic!

2 hours ago, RealReality said:

No.  It is not sexy, it's objectively gross.  I don't want anyones fingers in my mouth and I'm not a baby.  I sincerely don't see how anyone finds that sexy.  95% of the time I'm pretty accepting, but I think that is objectively gross.  If that is someones idea of seduction, I would assume they are awful in the sack.  

Was there ever any doubt, even for an instant, that Ed is a total dud in Sexy Town? 

1 hour ago, AussieBabe said:

Usman has seen some shit. He has that haunted face you see in war documentaries. 

1 hour ago, Rt66vintage said:

Remember how we mocked and snarked on Darcy's look when we first met her? "she dresses way too young for her!" we cried. "That black hair really ages her!" we taunted. "Lay off the botox!" we scolded. Now, looking back on those scenes, she looks so young and fresh compared to the slatternly, 5 pounds in a three pound bag looks she's sporting now. Its all relative, I guess! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

That’s what I love about Darcey. She always has praise for humble places. She’s not a Diva. She has a good attitude if only she could get out of her own way. 

I've always thought Darcey to be a good person. And, her fellow 90 Dayers seem to like her too. It bugs me that she keeps allowing them to humiliate her.  I know she makes a good income from the show, but enough, already!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, monagatuna said:

I thought when I came out I'd be able to hone mine, but nope

I am NOT being political, but Mayor Pete famously said his gaydar was the worst ever.  He said he didn't figure out his own self till he was older.

Just have to say:  You all make me laugh till I cry - and we need laughter these days for sure!!  Thanks everyone!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am NOT being political, but Mayor Pete famously said his gaydar was the worst ever.  He said he didn't figure out his own self till he was older.

I thought I had a good gaydar. but 25 years ago I trained alongside a guy who was divorced with a young son.  He talked about his partner, who I assumed was a woman......nope.  

I came out at 38...I knew long before, but it was like....my mid 20s. Not nearly as young as most people when they realize.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

I came out at 38...I knew long before, but it was like....my mid 20s. Not nearly as young as most people when they realize.

Yes, the young man in question was married and then his beloved grandfather passed and he realized life was too short to live a lie.  Not fair to anyone.

And because we never tire of it:

red flag.jpeg

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

What's Usman thinking? Let's have a "thought bubble" contest. 

"I gotta call my mama and tell her that I'm NOT willing to continue this charade to get to America.  So when we ask for her marriage blessing, she has to say NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

• LOL 4
  • Love 5