Type keyword(s) to search

Evil Twins: Days Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

GH is doing a storyline right now on General Hospital about how Nicholas Cassadine might not really be dead.  Is there any word about Tyler Christopher going back to GH?

There was a BI/Rumor about an old character coming back some though  it was TC to GH but never confirmed. He fits better on GH than Days anyways. Besides I want Laura to have a child on the show I actually like.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The BI said, "a fan favorite role is being recast", so Nik just may be returning; it just may not (as we have no idea what the BI is about) be Tyler Christopher in the role if/when he does.

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:17 AM, Lastwaltz said:

Love when my fandoms collide, lol. Here's a picture from David Cook's site (won American Idol in 2008) of a charity event he participated in over the weekend to benefit St. Judes. Kevin Rahm was the organizer of the event. Do my eyes deceive or is that Galen Gerring who I've circled in red over to the left? Music fans also note R.E.M.'s Mike Mills on the far right -- and some other people I probably should know but don't, lol. 

image.thumb.png.b4349902b2307fad10284bda3af153ce.png

Once again, all white men.

• Love 1

From Michael Fairman's site....

More soapy notables are participating in the upcoming long-awaited season two of Beacon Hill.  Now comes word that Days of our Lives alum, Mark Hapka will be joining the cast which includes: Crystal Chappell, Alicia Minshew, Ricky Paull Goldin, Ron Raines, Nadia Bjorlin, and more.

Hapka will take on the role of Eric Preston in the political and romantic drama web series.  Eric is the grandson of Senator Preston, and the show is currently getting ready to shoot its second season this September in New England, following their crowdfunding campaign.

The role was previously played in season one by former One Life to Live and Ex-DAYS star, John-Paul Lavoisier.

Mark is best known for his role as Nathan Horton on the long-running NBC soap opera, Days of our Lives, where he was in Salem from 2007-2011.

The character of Nathan left town after relationships with Melanie and Stephanie, and headed for a job at John Hopkins Hospital and out of town

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/07/days-of-our-lives-robert-scott-wilson.html

Days of Our Lives' Robert Scott Wilson In New Horror Film!

Days of Our Lives' Robert Scott Wilson (Ben Weston) worked on a horror film in the past which was made available for pre-order with the official DVD release set for October 15, 2019. 

The film which was previously called The Relic is now titled Devil's Revenge. Wilson plays Eric and other cast members include; Ciara Hanna, Jeri Ryan, William Shatner and more. It is produced and written by Shatner with Ryan Blewett and Corrin Evans also holding writing credits.

Pre-order now on Amazon and other platforms.

• Love 1

How funny he plays someone named Chad

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/08/days-of-our-lives-austin-peck-heads-to.html

Days of Our Lives' Austin Peck Heads to Primetime!

Days of Our Lives actor, Austin Peck who recently reprised his role as Austin Reed on the digital series is headed to primetime. In the new issues of Soap Opera Digest, Peck discusses his new role which he is filming now.

Peck is set to play the recurring role of Chad on NBC's Chicago Fire. He describes his character as a very interesting one that brings some levity to a very intensely driven show.  The show is set to return with its 8th season on September 25, 2019.

Peck is also known for his roles such as; Brad Snyder and Rick Powers on One Life to Live. Stay tuned for additional details.

• Love 1

Its a show on the CW (which would explain why I never heard of it) but good for her.

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/08/days-of-our-lives-alum-olivia-rose.html

Days of Our Lives Alum Olivia Rose Keegan Lands Exciting New Gig!

Not too long ago, Olivia Rose Keegan said farewell to the role of Claire Brady on Days of Our Lives. While we miss her dearly on the show, we do have some good news to share. Keegan has booked an exciting new gig.

Keegan booked the role of Emma on All American season 2. The series follows the story of a high school football player called Spencer, how he goes from being in a not so save situation to the fancy in Beverly Hills. A story about him and the people around him, his mom, brother, Coach Billy Baker, Jordan, Olivia, Asher and others.

Season 2 is set to premiere on October 7, 2019 and Keegan is scheduled to air in episode 2 slated to air on October 14, 2019. Please stay tuned for updates.

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/09/days-of-our-lives-alum-jen-lilley-cast.html

Days of Our Lives Alum Jen Lilley Cast In New Hallmark Movie!

Days of Our Lives alum, Jen Lilley (Theresa Donovan) has been cast in a new book-based Hallmark Christmas movie called Angel Falls: A Novel Holiday. It is set to premiere on Decmber 13, 2019 and will also star Carlo Marks. Lilley is also known for her work as Maxie Jones on General Hospital. Please stay tuned for updates.

• Love 1

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/09/daysgh-alum-blake-berris-in-new.html

DAYS/GH Alum Blake Berris In New Hallmark Movie!

Days of Our Lives/General Hospital alum, Blake Berris will be an upcoming original Hallmark movie called Forever in My Heart.

The movie will star; Merritt Patterson and Jack Turner and will premiere on Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 9/8c. Nestled between the long, hot days of summer and the brisk return of autumn, Hallmark Channel takes viewers to the Emerald Isle with its all-new original movie, 'FOREVER IN MY HEART,' filmed on location. While working for a family-run inn in Ireland, Jenna (Patterson) falls in love with the owner's son Charlie (Turner) and creates a home away from home in the Irish countryside. When Jenna moves back to America to pursue a career in hospitality, the distance proves too much to overcome for Jenna and Charlie's relationship. Five years after leaving Ireland, Jenna returns for a visit while on a business trip. She feels back at home with her old friends and though recently engaged to her jet-setting colleague, she finds herself drawn to Charlie. While preparing for a big presentation to pitch a new hotel in Dublin, Jenna draws inspiration from the small-town hospitality at the inn, and even steps in to help Charlie when she learns it is in trouble. When Jenna's fiancé (Blake Berris, "Days of our Lives") surprises her in Ireland, Jenna must decide if her heart lies with her fiancé and her fast-paced career in America, or with Charlie at the Ireland inn.

Berris is known for his roles as Nick Fallon on DAYS and Damian Spinelli on GH. Please be sure to tune in!

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/09/soap-vet-scott-reeves-books-2-new.html

Former soap star, Scott Reeves books two new primetime gigs. 

Reeves shared on Instagram a picture of him on the set of FOX's The Resident for which he will guest star in the near future. Apart from that, Reeves also booked the role of Hugh on the upcoming series Dolly Parton's Heartstrings. He will air in the episode titled Jolene which is a televised adaptation of Dolly Parton's song, "Jolene", about a jealous woman.

Reeves is known for playing the roles of; Steven Webber on General Hospital, Ryan McNeil on The Young and the Restless and Jake Hogansen on Days of Our Lives.

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/09/days-of-our-lives-alum-shelley-hennig.html

Days of Our Lives Alum Shelley Hennig Joins New Series!

Days of Our Lives alum, Shelley Hennig (ex-Stephanie Johnson) has booked a new role. Hennig was cast in the recurring role of Ramona in the upcoming series called Dollface.

The series is created by Jordan Weiss and also stars; Kat Dennings, Beth Grant, Shay Mithcell, Brenda Strong and more. It follows the story of a woman who after a break-up with her long-time boyfriend tries to reconnect with friends she lost during the relationship.

Dollface is set to premiere on Hulu on November 15, 2019.

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/09/daniel-cosgrove-lands-new-primetime-gig.html

Daniel Cosgrove Lands New Primetime Gig on Almost Family!

Former soap star, Daniel Cosgrove has booked a new primetime gig. Cosgrove is set to guest star as Chad on an upcoming episode of Almost Family on Fox.

The episode is titled Related AF and airs on October 9, 2019. In this episode, Julia is haunted by her new reality, while Roxy embraces it by spending quality time with Leon. As Edie and Tim prepare for their trial, Tim notices interactions between Edie and the prosecutor, Amanda, that make him uneasy. Meanwhile, Dr. Isaac Abadi steps up to the plate at the clinic.

Cosgrove is known for his soap roles as; Aiden Jennings on Days of Our Lives, Scott Chandler on All My Children, Chris Hughes on As the World Turns and Bill Lewis III on Guiding Light.

• Love 2

Am I the last person to know that Sal Stowers won America's Top Model? I was innocently watching old reruns with my daughter over the weekend while her new baby napped and I was half way through an episode before I realized. I couldn't believe my eyes.  She has a very strange haircut (wig?). And the difference between this young girl galloping around and doing silly model shoots and Lani the Crime-Fighting Detective is so stark, lol. Anyway, thought it was worth mentioning :)

image.png.f39adc853e6c4780cc66f06a6048afb1.png

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Am I the last person to know that Sal Stowers won America's Top Model?

Every time I see her I think of her nickname from the TWOP recaps - Tootie Carparts. Tootie because of the bowl cut Tyra gave her and Carparts because of a photo shoot that season involving car parts. 

ETA: She also went to Tyra's like teen girl summer camp - or whatever it was - before going on ANTM, so the fix was in for her that season.

Edited by MerBearStare
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, MerBearStare said:

Every time I see her I think of her nickname from the TWOP recaps - Tootie Carparts.

Tootie! That's hilarious! I saw the one where they were out in the desert and their shoot involved cars aflame. Must have been a car-themed season, lolololol. 

• LOL 2

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/10/days-of-our-lives-news-laura-kai-chen.html

Days of Our Lives News: Laura Kai Chen Heads to Primetime!

Days of Our Lives actress, Laura Kai Chen who has been playing the role of Melinda Trask on and off since 2013 is headed back to primetime. The actress who has done primetime series such as; Royal Pains, Castle, Bones, Law & Order and more is set to guest star on an upcoming episode of Evil (a new CBS primetime drama). 

Chen will guest star as Marianne Jacobs in the episode titled 3 Stars which airs on October 10, 2019. In this episode, after a high-strung theater producer's behavior turns from demanding to what is believed to be demonic, Kristen, David and Ben must assess the situation; Kristen discredits Leland Townsend, before he can ruin a 17-year-old boy's life.

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:16 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

For those wondering where OG Vivian went.

But surely Louise Sorel did not blow off a story like this in Days for a web series?

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

She didn't have a high opinion of Ron so I can believe that honestly.

I think that's part of it, and then she stated in an interview that the show gave her about a week's notice before she was needed to begin filming. They're a solid 8 months ahead and can't take time to accommodate a guest star who they know lives across the country. Maddening.

• Love 5
On 10/2/2019 at 11:39 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

She should've been Day's version of Robin Scorpio, damn it. (I guess Carrie Brady is close since she more or less got to grow up on the show after an SORAS to 13?)

Although I guess it's for the best because I'm hoping she gets cast on some cool teen dramedy or something on Hulu or Netflix instead of being tied down to a dying soap.

• Love 4

This year has flown by I can't believe we're talking Christmas movies already...

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/10/days-of-our-lives-vanessa-williams.html

Days of Our Lives' Vanessa Williams Stars In New OWN Christmas Movie!

OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network announced today its first foray into TV movies with three new original holiday movies set to air over three consecutive Fridays in November beginning with “One Fine Christmas” premiering November 15 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. The movie stars Rick Fox and his daughter Sasha Fox – their first time acting together.

“We are excited to bring holiday movies to OWN,” said Tina Perry, president, OWN. “This special time of year is about spending time with the ones you love, and we think our viewers are going to enjoy watching these movies together throughout the season.” 

Days of Our Lives' Vanessa Williams (Valerie Grant) will star in one of those movies.

One Fine Christmas premieres on November 15, 2019, at 9PM ET/PT!

Marking the first time they have acted together, Rick Fox and his daughter Sasha Fox star in “One Fine Christmas.” The father/daughter duo join beloved actress Marla Gibbs and fan-favorite Vanessa Williams in the ensemble cast. The families on Christmas Street have been busy with their day-to-day lives that they lose sight of the importance of family during the holiday season. Haley (Sasha Fox) comes home for the Christmas holiday, but home has not been the same since her family split up. Haley’s mother Susan (Williams) is working on a new work deal with her client (Rick Fox) which causes her to hardly have time for Haley or her mother Alice (Gibbs). Al (Mark Christopher Lawrence) is too preoccupied with work that he overlooks his wife Matty (June Carryl). Meanwhile, Bob (Rodney Van Johnson) and Diana’s (Eva La Dare) son Jesse (Alfonso Torres Caballero) comes home for Christmas with a very special surprise. This “slice of life” holiday tale shares the individual stories of these neighbors as they celebrate Christmas Eve and find themselves unexpectedly united for the holiday season.

The movies are produced for OWN by Hybrid, LLC in association with Harpo Films.

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/10/days-of-our-lives-alum-aloma-wright.html

Days of Our Lives Alum Aloma Wright Stars In New OWN Holiday Movie - Details Here!

Los Angeles – OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network announced today its first foray into TV movies with three new original holiday movies set to air over three consecutive Fridays in November beginning with “One Fine Christmas” premiering November 15 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. The movie stars Rick Fox and his daughter Sasha Fox – their first time acting together.

“We are excited to bring holiday movies to OWN,” said Tina Perry, president, OWN. “This special time of year is about spending time with the ones you love, and we think our viewers are going to enjoy watching these movies together throughout the season.”

One of its movies, Baking Christmas will star former Days of Our Lives actress, Aloma Wright (ex-Maxine Landis). 

Baking Christmas premieres Friday, November 29, 2019, at 9PM ET/PT!

When Patty (Aloma Wright), the founder of the town’s most popular and successful bakery, announces her plan to retire at the end of the year, her children step up to take over the family business. Patty and Phillip’s (Tim Reid) children, Jennifer (Khalilah Joi), Angela (Leigh-Ann Rose) and Anthony (Arnell Powell), are qualified – and eager – to run the enterprise, and each has their own ideas for writing the bakery’s next chapter. There is only one way to ensure the shop ends up in the right hands and that is a Christmas cake bakeoff. The gloves come off and the frosting flies as the siblings vie for control of the bakery in an unforgettable competition to create the best-ever Christmas confection. “Baking Christmas” also stars Yohance Myles from OWN’s “Ambitions.”

• Love 1

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/10/days-of-our-lives-alum-james-lastovic.html#.XbeH5JJKi1s

Days of Our Lives Alum James Lastovic Lands Role In Upcoming Film!

Days of Our Lives alum, James Lastovic (ex-Joey Johnson) lands role in upcoming film. Get the details here--->>

The cast and crew of a new and upcoming film called This Game's Called Murder have just wrapped filming. The cast includes Days of Our Lives alum, James Lastovic (ex-Joey Johnson) who stars in the role of Cane. The film is written and directed by Adam Sherman for Adam Sherman Films. The cast also includes; Natasha Henstridge, Jasper McPherson, Vanessa Marano, Challen Cates and Tory Devon Smith. Additional details for the film are forthcoming but in the meantime check out the behind the scenes material below!

• Love 1

Stephen Nichols had a small role in Ion's movie A Beauty & the Beast Christmas.

Side note, Alison Sweeney's character in the Hallmark movie It's Time for You to Come Home for Christmas has a son named Will. It amused me, though I'm easily amused.

Edited by DanaMB
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1