Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: The Haunting of Nancy Drew

• Start Topic

While using a combination of forensic clues, skilled observation and relentless questioning of those who knew Lucy at the end of her life, Nancy unravels what happened the night Lucy died. While her detective work succeeds in some ways, it also reveals a devasting truth.

Promo:

Original air date: 3/1/20

Uh...ok, this was an absolutely shocking episode. First, because I didn't expect so many questions to be answered. But also with quite the revelation of what happened to Lucy.

And now I have to completely take back ANYTHING I said about Ryan/Nancy. Like, immediately. 

I'm just confused as to how Nancy even looks like blonde-haired Lucy or Ryan. She looks more like Kate and Carson, to be honest, so it feels like this wasn't the original plan. I think it was, but...there's a little bit of stretching to believe this. But it was still a good reveal, since it moved some things along. I feel like the show has been treading water, trying to find episodes to fill up the time until these last three episodes. So I'm really just happy for things to be happening that aren't cases of the week.

Still, what a sad ending to Lucy's story. I do appreciate that we got answers here and we didn't have to wait another six episodes.

Nick/George? YES, PLEASE. Their chemistry was off the charts here. I am so on board with them. It FEELS like the show kind of slammed the door shut on Nancy/Nick. Maybe just for now, but with Nick's response to Nancy being that he was ok with her moving on...I dunno, it feels like Nancy/Nick's romantic story is complete.

I guess Old Sheriff is out and New, Young Hot Sheriff is in (to probably hook up with Nancy, let's be real). Not that I'm disappointed with Adam Beach leaving, since his character didn't quite work.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Uh...ok, this was an absolutely shocking episode. First, because I didn't expect so many questions to be answered. But also with quite the revelation of what happened to Lucy.

And now I have to completely take back ANYTHING I said about Ryan/Nancy. Like, immediately. 

I'm just confused as to how Nancy even looks like blonde-haired Lucy or Ryan. She looks more like Kate and Carson, to be honest, so it feels like this wasn't the original plan. I think it was, but...there's a little bit of stretching to believe this. But it was still a good reveal, since it moved some things along. I feel like the show has been treading water, trying to find episodes to fill up the time until these last three episodes. So I'm really just happy for things to be happening that aren't cases of the week.

Still, what a sad ending to Lucy's story. I do appreciate that we got answers here and we didn't have to wait another six episodes.

Nick/George? YES, PLEASE. Their chemistry was off the charts here. I am so on board with them. It FEELS like the show kind of slammed the door shut on Nancy/Nick. Maybe just for now, but with Nick's response to Nancy being that he was ok with her moving on...I dunno, it feels like Nancy/Nick's romantic story is complete.

I guess Old Sheriff is out and New, Young Hot Sheriff is in (to probably hook up with Nancy, let's be real). Not that I'm disappointed with Adam Beach leaving, since his character didn't quite work.

They'll go back to Nick and Nancy. Just a couple of episodes ago he was literally the man of her dreams. That means something. I just read an interview where one of the writers said they are bot in love with Nick. 

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 1

Another CW show where the black male lead is dropped in favor of someone else....and the side character cop is the bad guy.   Ashlee on Riverdale was passed around as always a "potential" love interest from Chuck, Archie, Reggie and probably someone I missed, and Valerie was just.......dropped and disappeared. 

This after an episode in her "alternate" world where she clearly seemed to indicate that Nick was "the one."  Why not give him someone else, why did it have to be someone in the circle of friendship like George? 

I initially thought Nancy and Nick had no chemistry and then they proved me wrong. Forget the racial aspect, I just don't think she works with the new guy and I am TIRED to death of all the partner swapping. It annoyed me on 90210 as well.  

Just now, mommalib said:

They'll go back to Nick and Nancy. Just a couple of episodes ago he was literally the man of her dreams. That means something.

I thought so too, but I don't want to see it if he fools around with George. 

• Love 1

The second Ryan said he was allergic to I guess wasps or whatever and Nancy did too I started to wonder if he was secretly her dad.. But I didn't think the ages matched up... So is she really 20 and thinking she's 19? Also if Ryan and Lucy and Karen were all teenagers in 2000 exactly how old are Carson and his wife.. Cuz wasn't Karen.. Or didn't she become best friends with the wife... Plus they didn't use younger actors for the flashback so it all feels weird... Anyway glad for a new mystery... Boy Karen is gonna have some feelings about that.. As well as Ryan... I think he's a fun screwuo dad... Sucks we gotta wait a month tho

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

Another CW show where the black male lead is dropped in favor of someone else....and the side character cop is the bad guy.   Ashlee on Riverdale was passed around as always a "potential" love interest from Chuck, Archie, Reggie and probably someone I missed, and Valerie was just.......dropped and disappeared. 

This after an episode in her "alternate" world where she clearly seemed to indicate that Nick was "the one."  Why not give him someone else, why did it have to be someone in the circle of friendship like George? 

I initially thought Nancy and Nick had no chemistry and then they proved me wrong. Forget the racial aspect, I just don't think she works with the new guy and I am TIRED to death of all the partner swapping. It annoyed me on 90210 as well.  

I thought so too, but I don't want to see it if he fools around with George. 

Yeah the CW has a disgusting pattern when it comes to black male leads. I'm just glad others see it.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

Another CW show where the black male lead is dropped in favor of someone else....and the side character cop is the bad guy.  

And that's my beef... He's basically the first male lead... And he has/had chemistry with both and if they had just paired him with George from jump.. I'd be ok.. But they attached him to the star.. Then pulled the rug on that foe "reasons" at least this show had the decency to have Nancy acknowledge it was more on her than anything he did.. Some shows ( looking at you God friended Me)  wouldn't even do that... So I've got the history of seeing a presumptive lead love interest get pushed out of the for somebody else effectively taking screen time they would've had being attached to the main character... And the fact that the show even just did an episode that he nay be her ONE... But him and George do really vibe well... But them going there really means any possible Nick/Nancy reunion that doesn't make both of them look like dbags and would have to wait... 

• Love 2

Whelp, I can safely say that I didn't actually predict that.  First, Lucy's death wasn't technically murder, but suicide, but almost all of Horseshoe Bay helped play a part in that, due to Mr. Hudson finding out about her and Ryan and spreading rumors about her, the entire town slut-shaming her, and basically driving her to the point of wanting to end her life.  Even Karen inadvertently made things worse by rigging Homecoming Queen or whatever to cheer Lucy up, but it just made everyone think she slept her way to win it.  Damn!  Dick move, citizens of Horseshoe Bay!

But that's not all.  Before she died, it turns out Lucy was pregnant with Ryan's child, gives birth to a girl, and hands her off to Carson and Katherine before she dies, so they leave town and raise her as their own.  That's right, folks!  Nancy is actually biologically Ryan's daughter!  Yeah, I'm going to guess this is a big change from the books!

But, hey, all of these revelations help Carson get out of jail, so that's a solid victory, right?

Meanwhile, it looks like we have a new detective in town, who is going to be a thorn in the Drew Crew's side, since Karen is in jail, McGinnis has finally had enough of this crazy town and is bailing, and he clearly knows they are hiding things since no one but Ace apparently has a good poker face.  Get it together, Drew Crew!

Nick and George get into a spat that felt very unnecessary and overdramatic, but then it ends with them still kissing at the end.  Still enjoy their chemistry, but I worry that this is going to end up being because Nick is trying to forget about Nancy and Owen, now that he knows thanks to Bess blabbing it.

Certainly looks like both cases have been solved for good, but we still have a few more episodes left.  I guess they can still have more story with the threat of the Hudsons finding out the truth about Nancy.  Plus, Joshua is still out there.  Or maybe they'll just set up the next big murder for next season.  

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 7

Nancy and Nick are endgame. I’m not the biggest fan because the actors lack chemistry but he’s her man in the books. And the dream episode confirmed he’s the one. Where was Owen? I’m sure Nancy being a biological Hudson will harm their potential romance because I don’t know how far they will get in the last 6 episodes. They had sex but will Nancy push him away for television reasons? I did not want this theory to be truth. That’s some played out soap opera shit. Just ridiculous. So far Lucy’s death was a suicide and Tiffany’s death was a mistake. No real murder mystery yet. I really dislike 22 episodes seasons and wish network television will throw out this model one day. You wouldn’t need filler. 13 episodes would be much tighter. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

He was lurking in the parking lot so he could steal the bone that Bess hid in the sink!

But that wasn't Owen.. That was the new detective.. Another extremely handsome kinda white kinda ethnic guy ( I believe the actor is half or part Japanese... I do give the show credit for at least giving him an Asian name... Shows aimed at my demo for some time other feels...  sometimes fall into this weird habit of having half or partial minority actors playing characters with very bland names that kinda have you wondering about their racial and/ or ethnic identity.. But almost always mean they are gonna have a white parent who's an actor who will show up) 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, UNOSEZ said:

But that wasn't Owen.. That was the new detective.. Another extremely handsome kinda white kinda ethnic guy ( I believe the actor is half or part Japanese... I do give the show credit for at least giving him an Asian name... Shows aimed at my demo for some time other feels...  sometimes fall into this weird habit of having half or partial minority actors playing characters with very bland names that kinda have you wondering about their racial and/ or ethnic identity.. But almost always mean they are gonna have a white parent who's an actor who will show up) 

Hahaha, that's what I get for not having the settings on my screen set to As Dark As Game of Thrones. I just saw a guy being sketchy in the parking lot and assumed it was Owen!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Hahaha, that's what I get for not having the settings on my screen set to As Dark As Game of Thrones. I just saw a guy being sketchy in the parking lot and assumed it was Owen!

Same! I really swore it was Owen too.

No surprise on Nancy being Lucy's kid, I was wondering if it was so for a while and the bee thing confirmed it for me.

I think the writers themselves aren't sure what the pairings are and they're still winging it. If Nancy and the new guy work out, they'll stick with that. If not, back to Nick.

• LOL 1
16 minutes ago, Diapason Untuned said:

No surprise on Nancy being Lucy's kid, I was wondering if it was so for a while and the bee thing confirmed it for me.

Earlier I wondered.. But I forgot that Nancy spent some years outside of horseshoe bay.. And with them saying Karen was the mom's best friend ( and also former counseled student which is weird) and the age difference as I was thinking Nancy being a year away from grad was just 19 that it didn't add up timeline wise... And they still didnt adress it.. But show isn't back for a month so maybe these questions will be answered when the show gets back 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Earlier I wondered.. But I forgot that Nancy spent some years outside of horseshoe bay..

When this happens with a child in fiction, there's a good chance it's done to hide the baby's origins. Add in the fact that Lucy went out of her way to haunt Nancy...

And with them saying Karen was the mom's best friend ( and also former counseled student which is weird)

Weird, but not totally out of the realm of possibility.

the age difference as I was thinking Nancy being a year away from grad was just 19 that it didn't add up timeline wise...

They lied about her age, since Kate clearly wasn't pregnant when they left.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Diapason Untuned said:

When this happens with a child in fiction, there's a good chance it's done to hide the baby's origins. Add in the fact that Lucy went out of her way to haunt Nancy...

Weird, but not totally out of the realm of possibility.

They lied about her age, since Kate clearly wasn't pregnant when they left.

Yeah it all makes sense now.. I guess when I first started wondering if Lucy was the mom I took what they presented about her age as fact and dismissed my earlier hunch... But the second Ryan said he was allergic and Nancy did too.... I was like ok.. That's his and lucy's kid... So she must be older than she even thinks... I mean I wouldn't really know if I was a year or two younger or older if my parents said I was my age.... 

Like others, as soon as they had Nancy and Ryan both say they were allergic to bees I knew he must be her father. There was no reason to mention that if it wasn't a hint of paternity.

It's so sad that Lucy killed herself though. Kind of odd that she wrote a suicide note that she didn't want anyone to find, but obviously she wasn't being rational. Was she planning to jump while pregnant?

It is kind of weird that Nancy's mom and Karen became friends, but they could be less than 10 years apart. And didn't she become a social worker? She probably had to interact with cops a lot so became friendly with Karen that way. And we know she was Lucy's counselor, but maybe there were multiple guidance counselors at the school so she didn't directly counsel Karen? Or the writers hadn't thought all this through in the pilot when they did the friendship reveal?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Diapason Untuned said:

Same! I really swore it was Owen too.

I think the writers themselves aren't sure what the pairings are and they're still winging it. If Nancy and the new guy work out, they'll stick with that. If not, back to Nick.

She’s going to end up with Nick in the end. TPTP will do different ships but return to OTP before the series leaves the air. Unless it gets canceled. The CW doesn’t have the Netflix deal to fall back on with these new shows. They renewed everything but how long will that work for these new CW shows? 

• Love 1

Whoa damn, they actually managed to surprise me! So Lucy wasnt actually murdered, she killed herself (although the people of Horseshoe Bay just about shoved her off the ledge with the horrible way they treated her) and, double gasp, Nancy is her daughter!! And Ryan is her father! I probably should have guessed when they both said they have a bee allergy, but I just didnt put it together until they dropped the Lucy pregnancy bomb. Which is kind of weird, because I think Nancy looks way more like Carson than Lucy or Ryan, but genetics be crazy! 

"We summoned a sea demon with a mystical ritual to get her bones back." "Fine, your not gonna tell me." Yeah I mean, when you say it out loud, it does sounds kind of weird...

Wont Karen feel extra stupid when she hears about this? Not only did she get an innocent woman killed, destroy her career and integrity as an officer of the law, and land herself in prison, but she did it all to try and kill a guy who didnt even commit the crime that she was trying to avenge! If anything, he was probably one of the least responsible people in town for her death. 

Carson and Nancy's mom seem like contemporaries to Karen/Lucy/Ryan in how their relationships are now, with maybe the Drews being just a bit older then them, but them being old enough to mentor Lucy when she was a teen seems kind of weird. I suppose they could have both been pretty young, like right out of college, but still. 

Nick and George have such smokin chemistry, but I still get end game vibes from Nick and Nancy, so I am kind of just waiting for them to get back together. I like Nick/Nancy as well, so I am cool with that, I just want George and Nancy to get through it with their friendship in tact. 

I am really glad that they wrapped the two big mysteries up, and I am honestly really surprised, as so many shows LOVE to drag things out, so its great to see them making real progress. I am really interested to see what happens next, especially now that Nancy knows that Ryan is her father, and that she could become the heiress of the Hudson dynasty? Thats gonna be a fun talk to have with George! 

Maybe in the next batch of episodes they will finally put Lucy to rest? Her ghost self seems so angry, stalking and scaring the crap out of her daughter and her baby daddy, hopefully she can get some closure. Poor Lucy. 

• Love 9

This was good and interesting... but remember in the first episode that Nancy saw her parents hiding the dress and they told her it was a dream??? So did that actually happen or not? If Nancy was there the night Lucy was murdered then she was a young girl. That seems a little off with continuity. Why else would they be hiding the dress years after Lucy died?

• Useful 1

I really wish shows would stop with the "big bad" for the entire season, or a mystery to last an entire season. Both Suits and the Flash were better shows when they had the client of the week or the bad guy of the week. 

I'm confused about all the writing on the walls. Was Lucy losing it near the end to the point of carving and punching through walls? And then her mom and brother just wallpapered it up?

I didn't get why they changed the look for Lucy. When she was in her sea queen dress it looked like she was wearing a crappy blonde wig, but picture perfect. But when they showed flashbacks of her and Ryan, her hair looked natural and she looked plainer but her attractiveness was more real, if that makes sense. I couldn't tell if we were supposed to read anything into that. Probably not, but I found the 2 looks jarring. 

I wonder if Sarah Canning was surprised at how much screentime she got for a dead character. Definitely more than Adam Beach and approaching the levels of Aunt Whatshername on TVD.

• Love 2

This episode had a lot of reveals but it just wasn't that engaging.  I'm reminded of "Veronica Mars"'s Season 1 mystery with its twists and turns and actual investigative and deductive skills, not to mention emotional stakes and character development, and this show pales in comparison on every level (and I didn't even enjoy that show all that much).

You'd think Nancy would have tried searching Lucy's house before now. 

Ryan telling everything to Nancy made last week's visit to his ex-roommate rather redundant.  Everything just felt too easy.  The dad just admitted he wrote the fake email right away.  Karen was also very forthcoming.  

This backstory also doesn't explain why Carson refused to defend himself.  He knew Lucy came over for dinner.  He could have guessed that she stole the knife.  Or he could say his wife used the knife to eat lunch at work or something.  

The raid on The Claw by the irritating new detective was a frustrating subplot.  I did like the forensic specialist, though.  

I also wasn't a fan of the love triangle.  I too see chemistry between both Nancy/Nick and George/Nick, so I don't mind either, but I hate the icky partner exchange.

I'm also not intrigued at all by this potential paternity/maternity reveal.  

Edited by Camera One
10 hours ago, Camera One said:

This backstory also doesn't explain why Carson refused to defend himself.  He knew Lucy came over for dinner.  He could have guessed that she stole the knife.  Or he could say his wife used the knife to eat lunch at work or something.  

Lucy didn't steal the knife, the Drews were using the fancy silverware while they were on their picnic. You see Carson use the knife to cut the umbilical cord and then throw the knife on the ground at the spot Lucy disappeared. That is why Carson's prints and Lucy's blood is on the knife. Not exactly sure how her dress popped off or how Carson climbed down the ledge to retrieve the dress. There should have been a lot of evidence on that cliff, lots of blood, a placenta, and various bodily fluids.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I can see why he didn't defend himself with the truth considering it would mean admitting he kept a baby that didn't belong to him and actually belonged to the father of the richest family in town.

I knew it! Or rather, I'd suspected Nancy was Lucy's daughter, because there was a throw away comment earlier in the season that they'd spent Nancy's earlier life in Europe, which seemed like a dead give away that she was adopted. Although my original theory had been that maybe Kate Drew was a new identity for Lucy - but that was before I knew the timeline and that Kate had been her guidance counselor.

So story wise I think it's a good twist - adaptation wise it's horrible! Why on earth was this show called Nancy Drew? The longer the show goes on the further it strays from the source material...and now she's not really Nancy Drew, but Nancy Hudson?!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Lucy didn't steal the knife, the Drews were using the fancy silverware while they were on their picnic. You see Carson use the knife to cut the umbilical cord and then throw the knife on the ground at the spot Lucy disappeared. That is why Carson's prints and Lucy's blood is on the knife. Not exactly sure how her dress popped off or how Carson climbed down the ledge to retrieve the dress. There should have been a lot of evidence on that cliff, lots of blood, a placenta, and various bodily fluids.

Okay, I see.  That makes sense.  The baby angle explains why Carson has been all cagey.

1 hour ago, Camera One said:

Okay, I see.  That makes sense.  The baby angle explains why Carson has been all cagey.

Possibly, since they didn't really adopt Nancy, more like stole or kidnapped her. There were plenty of people who the baby might have been given to and the Drews are no where on that list.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Possibly, since they didn't really adopt Nancy, more like stole or kidnapped her. There were plenty of people who the baby might have been given to and the Drews are no where on that list.

That's true, but Nancy's over 18. They can't take her away from him and give custody to any of those family members. If Nancy wants to keep living with Carson she can. And getting charged with kidnapping is a lot better than getting charged with murder.

I think he was trying to keep it from Nancy, because he didn't want her to hate him. Because being over 18 means she could also leave if she wants.

Plus, even if he told about the baby, that doesn't prove he didn't hurt Lucy. It actually could give him more of a motive, they killed her to get the baby. It was the suicide note that cleared him, and he didn't have that.

Wow. I was not expecting that.  Nice twist, lots of story potential.

I think Kate and Carson didn't tell Nancy because 1. they were protecting her and 2. they didn't want her to find out that she wasn't their biological child because he considered her his child. That's why Carson continued to hide the truth from her.

Add me to those who think that Ned and Nancy are endgame. Her fantasy of the perfect life underlined that.

I was wondering what I would do if I found out that Ryan Hudson was my father. I think I'd keep it a secret until I could get more power, and then I'd take Grandpa and Grandma down.

On 3/11/2020 at 10:31 PM, Lady Calypso said:

I guess Old Sheriff is out and New, Young Hot Sheriff is in (to probably hook up with Nancy, let's be real).

Did you recognize him from Nurses?

On 3/15/2020 at 10:55 AM, Natalie25 said:

I knew it! Or rather, I'd suspected Nancy was Lucy's daughter, because there was a throw away comment earlier in the season that they'd spent Nancy's earlier life in Europe, which seemed like a dead give away that she was adopted. Although my original theory had been that maybe Kate Drew was a new identity for Lucy - but that was before I knew the timeline and that Kate had been her guidance counselor.

So story wise I think it's a good twist - adaptation wise it's horrible! Why on earth was this show called Nancy Drew? The longer the show goes on the further it strays from the source material...and now she's not really Nancy Drew, but Nancy Hudson?!

I agree. They should have called the show something else and said it was inspired by Nancy Drew. Way too many changes but the biggest one for me was messing with the relationship between Nancy and her father.   Funny how writers seem to think that having a show close to the source material would not be interesting to viewers but never considered they could pull it off if they had real talent. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, catrice2 said:

I agree. They should have called the show something else and said it was inspired by Nancy Drew. Way too many changes but the biggest one for me was messing with the relationship between Nancy and her father.   Funny how writers seem to think that having a show close to the source material would not be interesting to viewers but never considered they could pull it off if they had real talent. 

This stopped being Nancy Drew the moment they insisted all the Supernatural stuff was real.

• Love 6
On 3/17/2020 at 8:08 PM, Kromm said:

This stopped being Nancy Drew the moment they insisted all the Supernatural stuff was real.

I am catching up on an old show on my PVR and there are all these Nancy Drew promos from Fall 2019.  All of them end with Nancy saying, "I don't believe in ghosts.  I believe in looking for the truth."  That sounds like false advertising.  Granted, one can believe in ghosts and still look for the truth, but still.

On 3/23/2020 at 3:02 PM, Camera One said:

I am catching up on an old show on my PVR and there are all these Nancy Drew promos from Fall 2019.  All of them end with Nancy saying, "I don't believe in ghosts.  I believe in looking for the truth."  That sounds like false advertising.  Granted, one can believe in ghosts and still look for the truth, but still.

Hey, if you're the Scooby Doo franchise you might be able to go from early beginning where the Supernatural proved to be fake 100% of the time, to eventual follow up shows where sometimes it was real.

But I just don't think it works the same for Nancy Drew, who is not a teenaged hippie stoned out of her gourd who's best friend is a dog who walks around on his hind legs by default and talks.  The Nancy Drew books weren't very sophisticated, but they WERE at their core rooted in her being a detective. Which is different from being a nosy noodnick, who's apparently a magnet for supernatural stuff.  

Initially I thought this was going to be to Veronica Mars, what Veronica Mars was to the original Nancy Drew books--a kind of tribute/pastiche with a stylistic shift.  But no.  It's not.  It's got the oppressively corrupt seaside town of Mars.  It's got the rich vs. poor have vs, have not dynamic.  It's got the seemingly cruel initial treatment of a mere teenage girl by law enforcement, townies, etc.  It's got some mysteries/murders.  But then it forgets about most of that stuff by Episode 3 and just turns into some crappy melding of various weak elements from disparate shows like The Ghost Whisperer, Supernatural, and The O.C,  Ugh.

• Love 1
On 3/14/2020 at 10:03 PM, Camera One said:

The raid on The Claw by the irritating new detective was a frustrating subplot.  I did like the forensic specialist, though.  

You mean the "senior busboy." Yeah, I like him, too. He can stay.

I liked the twist because it's one of those where I didn't see it coming but felt like an idiot for not seeing it coming until right before it happened. The timeline works - Nancy would've been 18 when she graduated and turned 19 right at the beginning of the season, especially if she was born early and her parents adjusted her birthdate to something later to avoid suspicion.

But I'm with others feeling like this means she's not really Nancy Drew now, especially when combined with the supernatural elements pulling away from the core of the series. I still kind of hope the series could shift back to a more normal detective series next season once this story wraps. 

• Love 1

Since Lucy and Ryan were keeping their relationship a secret, would Carson and Kate have known who Nancy's birth father was? Carson's "I'm sorry. For what you lost" to Ryan after the trial, with Nancy right there, has a much deeper meaning after the final reveal. 

On 3/11/2020 at 10:36 PM, catrice2 said:

Another CW show where the black male lead is dropped in favor of someone else....and the side character cop is the bad guy. 

I'm rewatching these episodes near the end of season 2 and have been so relieved the show improved how it treats its non-white characters. At this point (after the Nick/Nancy break up; Karen being written off as a murderer; and McGinnis (one of the very, very few Native American actors/characters on tv) leaving), I was definitely considering dropping the show.

On 3/14/2020 at 2:05 AM, Shorty186 said:

I'm confused about all the writing on the walls. Was Lucy losing it near the end to the point of carving and punching through walls? And then her mom and brother just wallpapered it up?

I think the writing on the walls was all ghost Lucy. Nancy mentioned no one had lasted long at the Sable house and it had obviously been abandoned a while ago so it had probably been haunted since Lucy died.