Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Tommy's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, String Theory said:

Jeeze they haven't barely been on the road and he wants snacks.  Of course to help him to ease the trip.

How long will he last in the car.  I give him 20 minutes.

How come lying in the car all day is so exhausting for these folks......

Probably stressful and emotionally exhausting. I love to go to the zoo and sometimes have to use a wheelchair because of balance problems and even on those days with my father mostly pushing me around I can still be completely exhausted after a few hours from being with them and outside which is really big an scary and full of people.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Stay tuned, we got you!

Thanks, also need a laugh too.....found out I'm in grade 3 renal failure today......the diet they gave me makes Dr. Now's look like a cake walk!  I've taken care of myself for 55 years, healthy eating, working out,,,,,maybe Tommy will be able to give me a kidney!  Nah, it would be too fatty!

1 minute ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Am I the only one begging for the room to be on the second floor....and there is no elevator.

Nah, pass the gasoline. I too will be soaking myself with it.  I thought the same thing!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Did he say originally it was a 6 hour drive?  And when they stopped, he said they still had 4 or 5 hours to go?  So they made it ONE HOUR before he had to stop?!

But he was in PAAAIN!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
Just now, poeticlicensed said:

Isnt Louisiana next to Texas? It's not that far. 

Texas is huge, though.  

To be fair, when I was pregnant with my twins, I had to go to Indy several times (a few hours away).  By the time we got back home, I felt exhausted just from the ride, and I wasn't anywhere near as big as these people.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Every time there is a car trip I hear The Who's "Air Conditioned Gypsies" in my head.

When I saw the person was a Tommy I thought of the Who's Tommy.  The Tommy of the Rock Opera saw his mother and her lover murder his father, was tormented by a psychopathic cousin, and molested by Uncle Ernie.  He could've been a prime 600 LB'er!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, String Theory said:

Thanks, also need a laugh too.....found out I'm in grade 3 renal failure today......the diet they gave me makes Dr. Now's look like a cake walk! 

Sorry to hear @String Theory

We'll try to at least make you laugh through your new eating habit.

• Love 4

Good evening, Pounders

My eating habit tonight is wine, and I’m in a particularly snarky-bitchy mood. I opened a bottle of the really good stuff. Because next week’s eating habit was supposed to be the New Orleans Wine & Food Experience, which has been cancelled. Most likely my cooking school in Paris next month will likely be rescheduled for sometime in the Fall.

So I shall sip, snark, and watch Tommy shovel down 8 meals a day, mostly bologna sandwiches.

Edited by ShoePrincess
  • Love 7

When I saw the person was a Tommy I thought of the Who's Tommy.  The Tommy of the Rock Opera saw his mother and her lover murder his father, was tormented by a psychopathic cousin, and molested by Uncle Ernie.  He could've been a prime 600 LB'er!

Good thing he learned how to play pinball through sense of smell!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

It confuses me too.  Of all the things I might stock up on toilet paper isn’t anywhere near the top of that list.

I guess all the talk of quarantine is freaking people out. But seriously, how much TP do you go through in a couple weeks?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
Just now, ShoePrincess said:

Good evening, Pounders

My eating habit tonight is wine, and I’m in a particularly snarky-bitchy mood. I opened a bottle of the really good stuff. Because next week’s eating habit was supposed to be the New Orleans Wine & Food Experience, which has been cancelled. Most likely my cooking school in Paris next month will likely be rescheduled for sometime in the Fall.

So I shall sip, snark, and watch atom my shovel down 8 meals a day, mostly bologna sandwiches.

I'm sorry to hear that.  Today sucked for me too (lack of sleep, tooth pain, and a stubborn 4 year-old who refuses to poop).  

I sense a showdown between Mom and Dr. Now at some point.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

We used to be able to use remote desktop from a personal computer but they changed the rules a few years ago and now you can only log into vpn from company equipment. (I still remote into my main computer though since all my stuff is set up the way I like it and I don't use the laptop often enough to bother trying to get it all the same).

If my place had rules about not using our own laptops they're throwing them out the window now, because so many of us are working from home. I stopped by the IT office today to see about what I'd need to do with my laptop--the poor guy looked like he was about to expire. Talk about stressed! I should have brought him a nice can of ravioli or some Popeye's. That's good for stress, I hear. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Captain Obvious...aka Dr. Now:  I see you both have problems with your weight!

Hahahahaha

Did she just lie and say that she only weighed 300 pounds?!?!?

You lying ass...Get on that scale.  I dare you!

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

It confuses me too.  Of all the things I might stock up on toilet paper isn’t anywhere near the top of that list.

they actually ran out of it in Australia 

Our winner is <drum roll> @88Keys!  Johnny, tell them what they've won!

Johnny:  You've won a 400 lb. fiance(e) who will bring you all the food that can be piled on a plate, your own scrubby sponge on a stick, refrigerators for every room in your house, and a trailer full of the best quality canned ravioli!  And, as always, the respect of your fellow Pounders!  Huzzah!

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, ShoePrincess said:

Good evening, Pounders

So I shall sip, snark, and watch atom my shovel down 8 meals a day, mostly bologna sandwiches.

A lot of things are getting cancelled or rescheduled. 

I was supposed to head to Philly for a conference on Friday - scrapped, so no Beiler's donuts for me!  And no Vegas food on company dollar next week!

• Love 1
Just now, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Our winner is <drum roll> @88Keys!  Johnny, tell them what they've won!

Johnny:  You've won a 400 lb. fiance(e) who will bring you all the food that can be piled on a plate, your own scrubby sponge on a stick, refrigerators for every room in your house, and a trailer full of the best quality canned ravioli!  And, as always, the respect of your fellow Pounders!  Huzzah!

....how did I win?  I was 100 pounds off?