Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E11: Week 10 - The Final Rose

• Start Topic

I will give Peter a tiny bit of credit for growing a sack when it actually counted. If he had backed down to his mother’s histrionics on national tv those romps in the fantasy suites may have been his last. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

I get that Peter's family wants the best for him and that everyone (including Madison) is probably correct in saying that Madi and Peter are incompatible as life partners, but it really irked me that instead of just saying that, the mother turned it into a diatribe about what a shining angel gift from God HA is and how much she loves Peter.  Is there footage of this on the editing room floor somewhere?  HA did the typical bachelor family visit stuff, she said she loved Peter and made all the right noises, but I didn't sense an ounce of authenticity or enthusiasm from her during the whole charade.  Madison at least told the truth about how she was feeling and what her concerns were for their future.  I'd much rather have a daughter-in-law with a backbone and some practicality rather than someone who goes along to get along.

Honestly, I don't think there is a "twu wuv" connection anywhere in sight.  Even if HA had been willing to accept a proposal and give it a try with Peter, seeing that his first choice was Madi should make that an impossibility at this point.  

Edited by leocadia
typo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 22

I sincerely hope Peter doesn't end up with either lady.  Hannah Ann because she isn't the one he wants and Madison because his family doesn't care for her, which could make holidays very awkward. My heart broke for HA when it finally dawn on her what his decision would be. And, I agree with Maddy.  Accept me as I am.  I won't try and change you and don't expect me to change. 

• Love 5

Yes, for sure Maddi was the one he wanted.  I think the family's promoting Hannah Ann made him all the surer about Maddi.  I know for myself if people push me toward A, I'm going to realize how much I choose B. 

Just a few thoughts.  Those Australian bugs were bad for both couples.  Maddi was also coping with a runny nose and a runaway artificial eyelash.  I'm curious as to what Chris was going to reveal to Peter.  Tomorrow night?

Oh also noted Peter described both of the final 2 as 'selfless.'  That must be a quality he seeks, along with red hot sexual connection of course.

And of course I'll be watching tomorrow night.

• Love 3

I agree with most of the sentiments expressed on this board. Mama is a nightmare. But she also isn’t wrong that Madison and Peter are incompatible. 

I was in Australia recently and Uluru is impressive. I happened to go in the non buggy season though. And the little kangaroos really are that friendly. Kinda like dogs. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Yech. Peter's mother's histrionics are right up there with the "leave Britney aloooooonnnne" guy. 

I  admire Madison for speaking up for herself, both to Peter and to his family. I really wanted her to tell him how his family had treated her, but I guess she's really a good-hearted girl. 

I so hope this doesn't end with Madison capitulating. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 16

There is no way he could propose to Hannah Ann at this point.  He'd be a total and complete cad if he did.  There's no way he could ever convince her that she was his choice all along once she watches this back.  He made it pretty clear he wants Madison and she'll have only have won by default.  I think Hannah Ann is quite a likable girl, but she is exactly that, just a girl.  She can do much better when the time is right.  And hopefully by then she'll have gained enough self-respect and maturity that she would never allow a man to walk all over her and let him go out and do whatever it is HE needs to do and she'll be right there waiting for him.  

• Love 14

Another thought ~ When Peter went to Hannah Anne's room, he was still hurt, broken, devastated about Madison feeling she couldn't go on trying.  I felt HA definitely saw that in his eyes.  Heck, I saw that in his eyes.  If he was going to propose to her the next day, he would be happy.  She's a bright girl.  She's bound to figure out he chose Maddi first and she let him go.  She won't even have to watch the show.

• Love 8

And I think it's more than a little creepy how open he is with his family about his sexual escapades.  And I'm totally horrified that his own mother doesn't even slightly chastise him for such activities  Instead she actually encourages him to go for the girl that she already knows is the easy lay.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, angelamh66 said:

I agree with most of the sentiments expressed on this board. Mama is a nightmare. But she also isn’t wrong that Madison and Peter are incompatible.

Agreed. She may be BSC but that doesn't exclude her from being correct here. They catastrophically mismatched on so many levels and on everything she claims is important.

I think both women at this point have come to the realizations that this won't work. Maybe they both have realized 'WTF am I doing talking engagement at this age??"

Maddie sees now how mismatched they are and it's, I think, due in no small part to her talk with his mom.

Hannah Anne realizes that his heart just isn't with her and it didn't help that he wasn't even listening to her as she poured her heart out. So awkward. When someone says "Give me something... anything..." and all you do is look away and think about another person you're heart aint in it, Bud.

Maybe either can still laugh it all off and claim it as just part of their "journey" and tell everyone how in love they are, but I'm really betting against it at this point.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I remember Arie’s family telling him that Becca was a better match, because she was independent and appeared to really care for him, while Lauren seemed cold and needy. Well we all know how that turned out. If anything, perhaps Peter’s family just pushed him further towards Madison.

• Love 3

I feel like I'm watching a really bad play written by a high school student. This whole angsty scene between Peter and Madi prior to the family visit is practically chewing the scenery levels of juvenile. And if this were real there is really no better indication to Peter to consider he dodged a bullet than this supersonic angsty guilt trip of torture that Madi insists he sit through, making Peter beg her for forgiveness and to stay and to please please please don't let this ruin our one true love of a lifetime, etc. It's just about a thousand percent too much. A relationship with the hopelessly disappointed righteous Madi would be hell, IMHO.  But since I think they are both just performing for the cameras at production direction, I won't lose any sleep over it.

Am I supposed to hate Bachelor Nation? Because I do and I suspect that is not the reaction The Bachelor was going for.  The studio audience just seems so stupid to me.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Maybe Peter and Maddy are right for each other. Neither can make up their minds! Actually, that would be a terrible relationship, if both are indecisive.

I'm with the 'rents and the 1/3 of the audience that isn't looking through rose-colored glasses. As Jane Austen's Emma would say, it's a bad match.

Just the religion thing is HUGE. Add in the sex, the partying and apparently the drinking, and it's a train wreck waiting to happen. Love truly does not conquer all, kids.

• Love 10

When did "voice" become a verb?  "I voiced how I felt about it."  I noticed it in previous episodes, and multiple times last night.  I'm worried that it is or will become a "thing" among young women that grates, like vocal fry, and if you dare mention it, you'll be accused of putting down women.  Or vocabulary shaming them.

I was annoyed when "said" left the lexicon, in favor of "was like":  "I was like, 'Don't go,' and he was like 'I have to,' and I was like "But I'll be upset,' and he was like 'I have no choice.' 

The only thing people should be voicing is concern.  Or maybe opinions.  But it's not a substitute for "say."

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Hpmec said:

Barbara would be the mother in law from hell.

Only if she didn't like you... if you were good with her you'd become just as enmeshed with her and the family as Peter has become. Let's face it, they aren't just his parents they're  roommates! Time to cut those (psycho) apron strings Peter! Stop banging easy girls from the club like your mom seems to want you to. Talk about hell, can you imagine waking up at Peter's mom's house when the booze wears off? It's like a bad college roommate moment: "No, don't worry, we're good. I put the ribbon on the door." I'm sure Babs loves coming by his closed door the day after he's been out partying and saying 'atta boy Peter, that's my boy!!"

Let's not forget there was that telling moment (beside the windmill) about Peter in H.B.'s season: condoms in the car. He's just a horndog not ready for a relationship let alone an engagement. 'Immature' barely covers the extent of it.

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Mswldflwr said:

And I think it's more than a little creepy how open he is with his family about his sexual escapades.  And I'm totally horrified that his own mother doesn't even slightly chastise him for such activities  Instead she actually encourages him to go for the girl that she already knows is the easy lay.

Totally.  Jesus must have been listening, thinking "look, keep my name out of your mouth while we're talking about your son's dick."

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, gwen747 said:

The way Peter's mom was acting, you'd think she was auditioning for Bachelor Senior Edition. Seriously,  give it a rest lady. 

But don’t you know? THATS WHAT LOVE STORIES ARE MADE OF! I’m so embarrassed for this lady right now. 

And the whole nonsense about Peter and his partying ways. His ass is what, 28? Don’t most people party in their early to mid twenties and then stop when they get married? Does this yutz think he gets to go out to clubs alone after he’s married? Mommy probably told him he could. And she probably comes to the club and throws herself to the floor and has a bring Bub Home fit every Friday night.

Edited by Mu Shu
  • LOL 6
8 hours ago, leocadia said:

Honestly, I don't think there is a "twu wuv" connection anywhere in sight.  Even if HA had been willing to accept a proposal and give it a try with Peter, seeing that his first choice was Madi should make that an impossibility at this point.  

During the conversation in the desert, I got a feeling of embarrassment from Maddie.  I think she realizes that there is not much to the relationship with Peter, and the conversations about the future are ridiculous.  I think that the two of them know that the relationship ( or whatever it is) is already DOA, and they cannot say it since they have to pretend to be in love for production purposes.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Madi dumps Peter and, in a twist, he is the one left to die alone in the remote wilderness. Good call, Madison! She suddenly sees how different their lifestyles are—now that your Mom told her they are and drove her away.

And shamed her for NOT being a slut!! How dare you not schtup my son after several others 😱

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

These comments are gold! Thanks for the giggles.

I had to laugh when Peter said “ I’ve worked so hard “ to make this work . Really? I bet that’s hard work in the fantasy suites. I have to tell you, Peters Dad seems like a very nice man. Word to whoever said the only reason that marriage lasted was because he wasnt home a lot . I know the world is ending because on national tv i have seen a woman who is furious her son is interested in a woman who doesn’t beleive in casual sex. I think Barbara’s impassioned plea was rehearsed, and i now realize that the perfect girl for him is Victoria. Maybe he can call her?

bet the folks were disappointed Hannah b isn’t around. Funny i thought it was cute and surprising when his parents gave him the thumbs up for 4 times but this is downright creepy . 

Edited by nlkm9
Erroe
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, GracieK said:

The thing that pissed me off about Peter’s mom the most was her confrontation with Madison. Seriously lecturing her for sharing her opinion on how she would feel if he was intimate with others. Barbara treated her as if Madison talked down to her perfect little progeny. Telling her she was wrong to “tell Peter he couldn’t go to the fantasy suite with others”. Madison did not give him an order or some sort of threat. She merely expressed how such an action would affect her ability to continue in the relationship. She should have stuck to that rather than subject herself to that horrible, overly involved, out of line shrew. I am still in complete shock that the woman thought that confronting his son’s girlfriend about the intimate details of their relationship was an appropriate discussion for any occasion much less in front of a camera. This should give any future woman who considers getting involved with this doofus GREAT pause. 

Well also most reasonable adults would not feel it was their place to discuss that.  Even if they knew about it from Peter, you don't then go on and tell someone else to basically announce that Peter told them everything, right?  I mean, you could hint at your concerns, but don't literally get in the middle of it and discuss it as if it was your business.  

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, GracieK said:

The thing that pissed me off about Peter’s mom the most was her confrontation with Madison. Seriously lecturing her for sharing her opinion on how she would feel if he was intimate with others. Barbara treated her as if Madison talked down to her perfect little progeny. Telling her she was wrong to “tell Peter he couldn’t go to the fantasy suite with others”. Madison did not give him an order or some sort of threat. She merely expressed how such an action would affect her ability to continue in the relationship. She should have stuck to that rather than subject herself to that horrible, overly involved, out of line shrew. I am still in complete shock that the woman thought that confronting his son’s girlfriend about the intimate details of their relationship was an appropriate discussion for any occasion much less in front of a camera. This should give any future woman who considers getting involved with this doofus GREAT pause. 

And what if they were to get married and have kids...  "How dare you try to change my precious boy and make him stay home at night?  He's gone a lot of nights for work.  When he gets home, he wants to have fun!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

And what if they were to get married and have kids...  "How dare you try to change my precious boy and make him stay home at night?  He's gone a lot of nights for work.  When he gets home, he wants to have fun!"

Oh yeah exactly.. it does not bode well for his partner in any future relationship.  This comment hits home for me having a husband who travels for work every Monday through Thursday.  Thankfully my MiL is wonderful and would never insert herself in such a manner.  I know I could not handle that.. not for long any way without confronting it.  I'm glad Madison stood her ground and didn't let Mama Weber intimidate her into silence.  

• Love 9

Just watching this now. This will be weird, but Peter's mother reminded me of someone else from reality TV from the way she talks, then it came to me - Rupert from Survivor!  It's kind of that childish, talking to a child tone of voice.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Ugh, I just watched the meet the parents segment. Run, Madison, run!! I'm glad she stuck up for herself. Peter's mom wants a Stepford wife for her son and Hannah Ann is the perfect candidate. (However I think Hannah Ann has some stealth rebellion that would display only after the marriage ceremony is complete and the license signed.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, GracieK said:

My husband’s usual travel is grounded by coronavirus so he’s home watching with me. Re momma Peter sobbing at the previews in the end he goes “for all we know they screwed up her Chinese order... this is orange chicken and I ordered Sweet and sour... boohoohoohoo.. bring it home. Bring home the right chicken”.

hahahahahah lololol, i think you win the internet today

1 hour ago, GracieK said:

EStn-ZUWoAAUugK?format=jpg&name=large

Like seriously?  Calm the fuck down, Barbara.  No wonder your son thinks that this decision is the toughest thing he's ever had to go through in his life.  If she had any decency she would model composure and maturity for her son.. this is just embarrassing.  

this is a picture of Peter and Victoria F 30 years from now. now I get it.

1 hour ago, willgracefan said:

I'm all for nicknames but when they called him Bud over and over again it started to grate on me.

im still mortified by his younger brother "how can you live without sex until your wedding". OMG.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Well the good news is that my husband is watching this with me for the very first time and is treating it like the Superbowl.  "It's a 2 day event, LBS".  We had buffalo chicken dip last night and are having pigs in a blanket tonight.   The bad news... (gesticulates wildly at the Barb screen shot above and the season as a whole).    How can a season that is pretty much unspoiled be SO boring?   Peter's family is way too involved in the adventures of Little Peter.  It is very unsettling.   He is 28.  All  they should of told him is that both women are lovely and that they trust him to make the right decision to get fake engaged to and go back to enjoying their free vacation in Australia.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:
6 hours ago, Hpmec said:

Barbara would be the mother in law from hell. 

Only if she didn't like you... if you were good with her you'd become just as enmeshed with her and the family as Peter has become.

Speaking of hell...that's just two different versions of it. 

50 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

im still mortified by his younger brother "how can you live without sex until your wedding". OMG.

Me too, but it's infinitely less mortifying than his mother not only weighing in but having a nervous breakdown about it.

26 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I think I know why Barbara favors Hannah so much.  Remember that picture someone posted of Barb when she was a young model?  Looked a whole lot like Hannah Ann. 

But Madison and Hannah Ann are almost indistinguishable themselves.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

No woman will marry into that crazy family after this expose.  

Can you imagine trying to tell this witch that you are not coming to Christmas at her house this year? 

And Mamma and Pappa Webber 's marriage lasted because Pappa got to fly out of crazy town every week to get a break from the crybaby.

Flight Attendant here and you soooo nailed it on Mamma and Pappa’s marriage...my job let me endure a shitty marriage for 20 years. Peter’s brother was right on when he pointed out that all Peter wants to do is party when he gets back from his trip...I guaran-ass-tee that the last thing Peter wants to do after a trip is go to church...he would definitely bid to fly every Sunday.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

Who's to say that baby brother hasn't been benefiting from the cast-offs?  I think that entire exchange with the family made me a bit squeamish, that they would know so much about his behind-closed-doors nature.  Really kinda sick.

• Love 7

Oh, his mother.  This is a woman who used to be pretty and therefore got her way from people around her all the time.  Then, she grew up, wasn't so pretty, but everyone around her still worked hard to make sure she always feels just as special as she always did.  She is a nightmare.  I have never wanted to smack someone so much in my life.  I just wish her husband had just moved away from her on the couch when she started the histrionics.  Yuck.  

As others have said above, it's disgusting that his family is so involved in the intimate details of these "relationships."  And even more disgusting that his mother is motivated to defend his right to sleep around at will. 

I just hate that the previews showed Maddie coming back.  I had so much respect for her and now realize it was just so much manufactured drama, like the rest of the season.  

Worst. Season. Ever.

• Love 17

Wow Peter's mom is a nutcase.  Who cries like that when nobody died?  Can you imagine that lady as your mother in law? Marie Barone city.  The clip of her crying for tonights preview cracked me up.  Hanna Ann needs to run.  You are second choice.   Peter is an idiot.  

• Love 15