Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: The Reunion

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

And Barnett’s family will give him the big “I told you so!”

Amber is in hog heaven. 

I suspect that is a lot of the problem.  He said he is stubborn and he worries about his family judging him so he is probably going to hold on far longer than he should.  

Still confused about why amber didn't get the GI bill.  Does it not apply to national guard?  

• Love 3
On 4/5/2020 at 5:00 PM, janerazor said:

n the end, it had less to do with his sexuality than it did that he lied by omission, put Diamond in a tough situation, and then yelled at her for not immediately kowtowing to him. Bi or not, he's a self-absorbed bully.

And right now Carlton is doing post after post after post on his insta trying to win her back.  Diamond has blocked him.  So since he can't communicate with her, he has asked his followers and fans to 'help him out.'  So they are posting on her insta and pleading his case.  He's sent out his followers to harass this woman into communicating with him!

The more I think on it, the more it seems that the Carlton we saw that first night in Mexico is the real Carlton.  He was dismissive, rude, and aggressive.  You could tell she was uneasy sitting across the table from him.  Even the way he was eating those strawberries looked mean. Given the way his ugly came out that night,  it seems like he hid more than his bisexuality from her. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

And right now Carlton is doing post after post after post on his insta trying to win her back.  Diamond has blocked him.  So since he can't communicate with her, he has asked his followers and fans to 'help him out.'  So they are posting on her insta and pleading his case.  He's sent out his followers to harass this woman into communicating with him!

The more I think on it, the more it seems that the Carlton we saw that first night in Mexico is the real Carlton.  He was dismissive, rude, and aggressive.  You could tell she was uneasy sitting across the table from him.  Even the way he was eating those strawberries looked mean. Given the way his ugly came out that night,  it seems like he hid more than his bisexuality from her. 

I completely agree. Also, interesting that he only posts all these messages now after the reunion. He didn't reach out in the past 18 months. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Yuck, that's bizarre.  There is something very, very wrong with him.  

• Love 5
On 3/7/2020 at 8:18 AM, JoyGirl said:

I can't figure Barnett out.  I've worked with many engineers, and if he's a chemical/mechanical/electrical/civil type engineer, they are soooo anal.  Very precise and detailed.  He's kind of a blob. 

His degree is in Environmental Engineering.

(So to me, not quite as heavy in calculus or general rigor, like the disciplines you mentioned.)

• Love 2

I don’t think Barnett needs to be worried about no prenup. He didn’t seem to be rolling in the dough before their marriage and it’s not like she’s automatically entitled to everything he owns now that they are married. In most states what you accumulated before marrying would still be your own in the event of a divorce especially one this soon after the marriage. I don’t think he would be responsible for her student debt after they divorced either. If there is anything keeping them together now besides actual love, it’s those Instagram dollars. They will certainly bring in more as a couple than apart, but in any event it will likely be a fast 15 minutes.. after their marketability fades it will be interesting to see if they stay together. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 4/10/2020 at 11:00 PM, RealReality said:

Still confused about why amber didn't get the GI bill.  Does it not apply to national guard?  

I am confused about this too. It seems that she may be eligible for the  National Guard GI Bill but it depends on her service time.  So many questions about why she has so much college debt.  Maybe it was before her time in the Guard.

• Love 1

It depends on what school she went to, whether she remained enrolled full time and what chapter benefits she received. Most will only cover tuition and only if you are enrolled for a specific number of credits.  Also depending on what courses she took, some courses require additional course fees outside of tuition.  Some benefits will give a partial stipend for living expenses, but nothing covers full room and board.  And in some schools, room and board can cost up to half as much as tuition.

• Useful 1
On 3/7/2020 at 5:27 PM, Blakeston said:

If anyone came across like a serial killer, it was Damian, who seemed like an angry, stone-faced, dead-eyed neanderthal.

For sure. Especially on re-watch, he came across as very controlling and self-righteous. I fumed when I saw his and Giannina's wedding scene--he said no, which was his right. But then he proceeded to berate her and blame all of their issues on her. She called him on it later, but it seems they ended things still being angry with one another.

So how did they end up dating for over a year? The reunion did not touch on this at all, and I wish it had. 

Jessica and Mark never talked to each other about their issues. 

Kelly and Kenny never really touched bases on why things didn't work out between them.

All in all, I think the reunion could've delved more into some of the behind-the-scenes issues, or even answered more What Happened After? questions. It felt like a wasted opportunity. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8