Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: The Reunion

• Start Topic

I'm not sure how to feel about Amber's makeover as a blond. Also, I don't remember her in body-con cleavage-revealing outfits on the show so much. I think she looks better as a brunette. Paired with Barnett, they have a very Las Vegas look... like Miami but trying a little too hard.

Wow. Cameron is really manspreading.

"Raise your hand if you are currently single." Woo! Good for Kenny.

Watching Amber's and Barnett's faces when Jessica is talking is hilarious. Highly recommend.

Carlton is really out here pretending like he didn't plan all of that drama (either with production or on his own). Boy, bye.

Giannina and Damian feels like the most toxic combination of two giant fakers. I don't need to hear them talk ever again.

Less than 10 minutes in and I've already had too much of the Lacheys.

• Love 17
30 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

I'm not sure how to feel about Amber's makeover as a blond. Also, I don't remember her in body-con cleavage-revealing outfits on the show so much. I think she looks better as a brunette. Paired with Barnett, they have a very Las Vegas look... like Miami but trying a little too hard.

I agree.  Blonde does not suit her at all.  Meanwhile, doesn't Barnett look like he has picked up some weight?

Jessica looks like she's aged another 10 years.  Looks like Joan Crawford with that heavy makeup!

joan_crawford.jpg

• LOL 13
  • Love 10

I love everyone's reactions when Amber calls out Jessica. Cameron and Barnett are looking down. They can't be involved in this. Lauren's face is hilarious. If you look closely, you can catch Kelly's smile at the word "shiesty." Damian and G just look bored like they're waiting to talk about themselves.

Nick Lachey is blandly useful. He's not saying anything important but he is good at transitioning and moving things along. Vanessa is trying to get into it but is terrible. She's like... a worse Andy Cohen on the housewives reunions. She's so unnatural. Not here for it. She's like Chrissy Teigen with less personality. And I already hate Chrissy Teigen. 

Carlton is so fake. Rolling my eyes at everything he said to try and rewrite history capped off with that ring stunt. If he had just apologized without the ring, it would have been dramatic but fine. The fact that he just HAD to get it on her finger when she was just going to give him a hug. Boy, get out of here with your Real Housewives fakeness. 

I feel like Damian's one skill as an actor is being able to cry on cue. That's why I bought their nonsense for so long. 

Are you kidding, Vanessa? You're really going to ask about Giannina's reverse proposal like that wasn't just another stupid stunt? I can't with this!

I burst out laughing when they showed the clip from G and D's failed wedding. They're such bad actors. 

Damian should teach Giannina how to cry on cue. She still can't do it. She tries to do it with her voice and the sniffles but her eyes are always dry. Next!

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

I don't understand why they won't just tell us that Kelly and Kenny were brought back when Diamond and Carlton left. What is the point of this reunion if everyone just trots our the old narratives they're comfortable with? At least Kelly admitted (around the 34 minute mark) that they'd both agreed to an "I don't." Kelly seems to have made the most genuine progress after her time on the show. Well, Diamond is apparently getting a PhD but that could have happened anyway. I don't think Carlton, Jessica, Giannina, or Damian learned anything. 

Maybe Amber isn't legally allowed to talk about her accident at work as the reason she wasn't working at the time? I don't know if Amber and Barnett will settle into being a normal couple or if they'll try to be Instagram famous or youtubers but I see them having as good of a shot as any random young couple. There's physical attraction and they get along and they can build as much of a relationship as they want from that. 

I think Jessica is embarrassed by what made the edit and I'd bet she's experienced the most public shaming (regardless of what Carlton and Diamond said about death threats). But I don't know how much she's experienced any personal growth. She's just owning up to it all because she has to. Did she cut back on her drinking?

Aw, Lauren and Cameron have a puppy! I wanna see it!

Get out of here with your fake tears, Vanessa. UGH. God, I hope they don't ruin season 2 with more of the Lacheys. I DON'T NEED IT.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, lilabennet said:

I hope Diamond sells that ring the first chance she gets.  It clearly isn't an engagement ring anymore, so it is fair game to be sold.

Oh hell, I hope she has it on eBay already! Someplace public so Carlton can see that she wants NO part of him. What a dick move that was with the ring, designed to make Diamond feel even more uncomfortable than she had to have been already.

I guess it's already something of an unpopular opinion, but I really liked Amber as a blonde. I think it suits her well. Not that anyone was looking at her hair for very long with her boobs staring us in the face the whole reunion!

4 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

Maybe Amber isn't legally allowed to talk about her accident at work as the reason she wasn't working at the time? I don't know if Amber and Barnett will settle into being a normal couple or if they'll try to be Instagram famous or youtubers but I see them having as good of a shot as any random young couple. There's physical attraction and they get along and they can build as much of a relationship as they want from that. 

I'm not so sure. Prior to the reunion, I thought they may have had a fairly decent chance at a successful marriage, but them being married for only a year and already having "divorce" be thrown into the conversation doesn't bode too well.

Lauren and Cameron have a puppy and we didn't even get to see photos?!?! Do better Netflix! 
How great that they've already been up to Maine a few times and also celebrated Thanksgiving with both families at the table. It may only be a year into their marriage, but it sure sounds like they're off to a great start. 🥰

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ProudMary said:

Not that anyone was looking at her [Amber's] hair for very long with her boobs staring us in the face the whole reunion!

Right?  I couldn't look away!

• Love 1

The reunion felt very shoddily put together.  I can only guess they had no idea the show would be such a hit and hadn't really planned a for it at all.  And when they did,  they gave it whatever leftover change they had in the LIB budget.

The editing was  kinda ass.  It felt like they broke off in weird places and cut to new conversations too quickly.

My quick thoughts:

- Not loving the blonde on Amber, but she does look good -- more polished. Like Cameron, marriage seems to have given her the glow-up!

-Interesting how she emphasized it was she who called the divorce lawyer & Barnett who was uncomfortable with her working.

- She came all Real Housewives ready for her fight with Jessica. Can't blame her

- Unpopular opinion: I didn't hate Jessica in this.  Yes, she seems embarrassed instead of truly repentant but she didn't bring her Real Housewives self and reciprocate.  In fact, I think I have come around to being a but more sympathetic to her since I can't blame all of the relationship issues with Mark on her.  Boy was as dumb as a post.  She all but waved semaphore flags and sent up smoke signals to let everybody know she wasn't into him.  In some ways I think he wears his victimhood as well as Carleton.

- Speaking of... man, dude, that was cringe worthy.  Talk about playing for the cameras and being dramatic.  Just leave Diamond alone.  I hate shit like that.  It puts the woman on the spot in uncomfortable ways.

- Gia and Damien?  Yawn. 

- I think Cameron's manspread went even man-spreadier as both Kenny and Damien were going on about how pretty Lauren is.  Bwah!

- Speaking of... Damian and Lauren dated up til the engagements?  That means they were in each other's top 3 at the very least.  Gives a little insight into that weird exchange they had at Barnett's b-day party and why he liked to needle Cameron?  I mean Gia is super gorgeous, but I can't help but wonder if Damian was a little jelly?  Gia doesn't strike me as the type of geek out on Star Wars.

- I am glad Lauren talked about her relationship with Cameron's family.  It is too bad we never got to see that meeting. Too funny to think about Pam and Pam cooking and Bill and Bill drinking bourbon together.  LOL.

- Also I peeped them making goo-goo eyes at each other while Damian and Gia were speaking. So cute!

• Love 10

Unpopular opinion: I didn't hate Jessica in this.  Yes, she seems embarrassed instead of truly repentant but she didn't bring her Real Housewives self and reciprocate.  In fact, I think I have come around to being a but more sympathetic to her since I can't blame all of the relationship issues with Mark on her.  Boy was as dumb as a post.  She all but waved semaphore flags and sent up smoke signals to let everybody know she wasn't into him.  In some ways I think he wears his victimhood as well as Carleton.

I've read a little of the goss about Mark. Who knows what's true? But if he is shady, I hope it comes out. Yes, Jessica was a complete mess. But I've come around a little as well. If Mark is as bad as the rumors say, then he hung her out to dry. And even if he was completely genuine, he still helped make her the villain by refusing to back down. To some degree he had to know she wanted to quit and was being forced to be there. At least he knew she was so unhappy that she was drinking herself into oblivion. He knew he was getting himself a good edit. I know Kelly is getting some hate but as a couple that knew they weren't going to get married, I think Kelly and Kenny did the best job of getting through the experience with some dignity. 

• Love 4

Unpopular Opinion #3:   Jessica was an asshole, but I found her likeable despite sexy baby voice.  I don't feel any sorrow for Mark.  I don't believe any of those guy are in this show becaus they really want love!  They're all in it for instant fame.  Are we really to believe this young something is going to fall in love with a 34 year old that looks closer to 45?  That based on what is basically a phone call over a couple of days that he would marry anyone?  

That said, the one I hated the most was Giannina.  I feel like she was auditioning for a telenovela.  Kelly too.  I didn't for one second believe Kelly's tears.  They are all wanna be actresses looking for fame.

Fortunately Gia wasn't the star of the show last night.  Maybe she knows how ridiculous she came off.

Pretty girl though --- cross of Kate Hudson and Drew Barrymore to me!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Watching Amber's and Barnett's faces when Jessica is talking is hilarious. Highly recommend.

Everyone was sooooooooo uncomfortable when Amber said her word against Jessica.  It was so funny!

4 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I think Jessica is embarrassed by what made the edit and I'd bet she's experienced the most public shaming (regardless of what Carlton and Diamond said about death threats). But I don't know how much she's experienced any personal growth. She's just owning up to it all because she has to. Did she cut back on her drinking?

All I wanted was for Jessica to address feeding wine to her dog.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Hi Amber’s boobs and new hair. Good to see she’s still um feisty? Barnett was either bored or whipped. He spent a lot of time staring into space.

Lauren and Cameron continue to be the breakout stars here. Normal, drama free, producers struck gold there.

Mark knew Jessica was saying “no”. He’d agreed to say “no” too. I respect Kelly and Kenny for both owning up to it. Too bad Mark didn’t. Guess poor love struck victim was his role to play.

Carlton remains an idiot. He ambushed Diamond with his secret. And was hostile to her before that. Why he’s still allowed to play the wronged party here, I don’t know. 

Actor and Instagrammer, yawn.

• Like 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Unpopular Opinion #3:   Jessica was an asshole, but I found her likeable despite sexy baby voice.  I don't feel any sorrow for Mark.  I don't believe any of those guy are in this show becaus they really want love!  They're all in it for instant fame.  Are we really to believe this young something is going to fall in love with a 34 year old that looks closer to 45?  That based on what is basically a phone call over a couple of days that he would marry anyone?  

That said, the one I hated the most was Giannina.  I feel like she was auditioning for a telenovela.  Kelly too.  I didn't for one second believe Kelly's tears.  They are all wanna be actresses looking for fame.

Fortunately Gia wasn't the star of the show last night.  Maybe she knows how ridiculous she came off.

That’s so funny , I told my husband a few days ago that Giannina looks like a mix of drew Barrymore and Kate Hudson ! 

• LOL 2
57 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Barnett was either bored or whipped. He spent a lot of time staring into space.

Yeah, what was up with him?  Whereas Amber looks like she just came from a spa, Barnett looks puffy and a little ... hangdog.  He doesn't look like the experience was 100% positive for him a year and half later.

• Love 14
(edited)

Diamond still hasn't gotten her hair game right, though this was better than her show hair. And that was an unflattering dress.

Barnett's jacket was hideous and I do think he's put on some weight. I fell out when Jessica (who looked rough) started giving her life update and Amber was making faces like " ... Bitch, if you don't ..." 

I thought it was really tacky of Jessica to apologize to Amber and Barnett but not to Mark. I liked that part of Amber calling out Jessica was pointing out that not only was Jessica disrespectful to Amber and Barnett's relationship, but to Mark as well. I don't blame her for not forgiving Jessica - it's not like they hang out. (All the reactions to that were hilarious. I would be either Barnett or Cameron, trying not to look anywhere.)

I think Barnett is less of a player in general than he appeared to be. He said he actually isn't good with women, and I believe it - he's made a few different references to being insecure. He talked about how nervous he was that Amber would be disappointed in his home, he said he always feared his parents were disappointed in him, and here he said he always regrets stuff he says.

Based on what Amber said about being financially dependent on Matt, I'm guessing the worker's comp claim someone mentioned on a previous episode thread didn't work out?

Props to Diamond for turning down Carlton. If someone called me a bitch in my face, as she put it, I couldn't go back for more of that disrespect either.

Kelly has done "a few career transitions" in a year and a half? She seems kind of unfocused, and I think she had regrets that Kenny isn't an option for her anymore (as she should, he seems like a good guy).

6 hours ago, ProudMary said:

How great that they've already been up to Maine a few times and also celebrated Thanksgiving with both families at the table. It may only be a year into their marriage, but it sure sounds like they're off to a great start. 

There is a point where someone (it might have been Giannina) is talking and Cameron and Lauren are just grinning at each other, and they are so cute. It seems like they are really focused on building a strong foundation - having both their families support their union can only help.

I love that a bunch of guys were apparently into Lauren. She really does seem like a fun, kind person on top of being beautiful.

The Lacheys offer nothing but I guess they ain't got shit else to do. The show really doesn't need hosts. Vanessa used to host stuff for a living (she was an MTV VJ, when those existed) but she was really wooden here, and also talked too much.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 11

The Lacheys offer nothing but I guess they ain't got shit else to do. The show really doesn't need hosts. Vanessa used to host stuff for a living (she was an MTV VJ, when those existed) but she was really wooden here, and also talked too much.

When I think of them as hosts, I remember him on The Sing Off and her on Wipeout. I remember him being annoying so I think he's calmed down. All I remember about her is that Jill Wagner far outshone her. It's like how you forget that Padma didn't always host Top Chef. 

I can see them wanting to have a bigger part in season 2 and I hope Netflix gets the feedback that people don't want that. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

When I think of them as hosts, I remember him on The Sing Off and her on Wipeout. I remember him being annoying so I think he's calmed down. All I remember about her is that Jill Wagner far outshone her. It's like how you forget that Padma didn't always host Top Chef. 

I can see them wanting to have a bigger part in season 2 and I hope Netflix gets the feedback that people don't want that. 

They lived in my best friend's building when they first got together and I saw them a few times. (Nick is not tall.) He was nice and would smile at people; she was less nice. She had an air of "recognize me so I can be annoyed by the trappings of fame" about her but nobody was checking for her. One, because a former MTV VJ isn't that famous (and she's way less famous now), and two, because that's not how people roll in NYC. 

I actually don't think there should be a second season - this is really lightning in a bottle - but you're totally right that if there is one, they'll want more to do, and I think they should get rid of them altogether.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

The Lacheys are so opposite and non-complementary in their hosting approach. Nick is fully aware of the cameras and is full of platitudes, and Vanessa chats with them as if there were no cameras at all. I liked Vanessa more because she acknowledged how awkward this all was.

I did not enjoy Amber's moment, at all. Hearing Miss "I'm not like other girls, I'm so coooool and only hang with boys!" ream Jessica out for not following girl-code was a bit hypocritical. Yes, it was disrespectful but is it really that big of a *scandal*? She briefly chased Barnett like she's probably chased every other emotionally unavailable f**kboy in her life.

Amber seemed very brittle about her marriage in general. The blonde hair and racy clothes along with her hints at Barnett being frustrated w/ her lack of income and her being frustrated w/ his flirtatiousness...seems like they had a rough year. And her awkward apology to Mama Barnett after pointing out her beloved son was not perfect. Amber is clearly feeling a little boxed in, and maybe thumping a clear "villain" like Jessica let her get her frustrations out.  

I still can't tell if Lauren is actually all in w/ her marriage or if she just realizes this is an *excellent* opportunity to launch her social media career. Her and Camerons' body language is just so odd! Maybe she just really hates PDA, but in that case I don't know why Cameron insists on having at least one hand 2mm from a boob at all times.

There were some raised eyebrows about Amber's enthusiasm to enjoy Barnett's economic status, but not a whisper about Mark. Jessica's assets clearly outstripped even Barnett's and Mark was young and broke. She kept saying he was too young, but I think she meant he was too big a liability to marry when she hardly knew him. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 12

I don't know why Cameron insists on having at least one hand 2mm from a boob at all times.

Lol. So accurate. 

I did not enjoy Amber's moment, at all. Hearing Miss "I'm not like other girls, I'm so coooool and only hang with boys!" ream Jessica out for not following girl-code was a bit hypocritical. Yes, it was disrespectful but is it really that big of a *scandal*? She briefly chased Barnett like she's probably chased every other emotionally unavailable f**kboy in her life.

Briefly? She was still chasing him as of episode 8. I'm not insane enough to know how many days before the wedding that was but there were only 9 episodes before the weddings so... 

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I think Barnett is less of a player in general than he appeared to be. He said he actually isn't good with women, and I believe it - he's made a few different references to being insecure. He talked about how nervous he was that Amber would be disappointed in his home, he said he always feared his parents were disappointed in him, and here he said he always regrets stuff he says.

I got the impression from the meeting with his family that the dynamic is one where he was constantly disappointing his parents because he wasn't as mature as his older brother and that never changed once he grew up. He seemed a lot more quiet and reserved around them and the lead up to that was the only time that I can remember him saying anything about Amber's lack of filter as a negative. Living that way your whole life will really mess with your head.

• Love 8
(edited)

I wanted to say that I thought that Gigi and Carlton presented themselves very well, better than they did on the show.  But then there were so many accusations of them "acting" that I felt silly.  But nah, whatever.  I'm gonna post it anyway.

I still hate Amber, but whatever!  Barnett made his bed!

I am obsessed with Lauren, and I would totally watch whatever reality show she does in future if she so chooses.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Kelly and Kenny: What a surprise, they both seem like mature, kind individuals. It just didn't work out. I wish them well.

Amber and Barnett: I thought Barnett was the ultimate fuckboy during the pods but he has really surprised me since committing to Amber. Every time Jessica flirted with him, he was super respectful of Amber. Watching him squirm during Amber's takedown of Jessica was hilarious. Both he and Amber grew on me and I wish them happiness. 

Gigi and Damien: I find this the least interesting couple because I don't see anything genuine between them. They are both auditioning for future roles and counting Instagram followers in their heads. And for all the crap Jessica gets for looking old, Damien is the roughest looking 27 year old I've seen.

Jessica and Mark: I thought Jessica redeemed herself a bit with the reunion show. I thought it showed some maturity (and a lot of restraint) she didn't talk back to Amber. It's so unlike any other reality show. I wish she had stopped with her whole BS "It was just the process, I wasn't ready blah blah" and just admit she wanted Barnett. Mark is so kind and graceful, and he will have no problems with the ladies from now on I'm guessing. 

Diamond and Carlton: Carlton is just trash for the whole proposal thing. Diamond is a lot kinder than me because I would have slapped that ring out of his hand. I hope Diamond moves on, gets her PhD, and retires from reality TV.

Lauren and Cameron: I have loved this couple since the first episode. Their connection is so real. I don't understand the "serial killer comments" about Cameron. I find him incredibly sexy. Lauren is a stunningly beautiful woman and her inner beauty really shines. I hope they never ever break up!

• Love 20
1 hour ago, aradia22 said:

Lol. So accurate. 

Briefly? She was still chasing him as of episode 8. I'm not insane enough to know how many days before the wedding that was but there were only 9 episodes before the weddings so... 

Yea, but the whole shebang only lasted three or four weeks? She spent a week or two talking to Barnett 19 hours a day while he gushed about how he could marry her tomorrow, and then spent the next couple weeks hung up over it. I really don't think her behavior would be that shocking IRL. It's garbage behavior, yes, but regular person garbage. Not "worthy of dedicated hate sites and death threats" garbage.

• Like 1
  • Love 13

Yea, but the whole shebang only lasted three or four weeks? She spent a week or two talking to Barnett 19 hours a day while he gushed about how he could marry her tomorrow, and then spent the next couple weeks hung up over it. I really don't think her behavior would be that shocking IRL. It's garbage behavior, yes, but regular person garbage. Not "worthy of dedicated hate sites and death threats" garbage.

I mean, everything's relative, right? Yeah, it's only a few weeks but we're also supposed to believe that Lauren and Cameron developed a meaningful relationship in a few weeks. Also, I have to go back to the fact that Jessica didn't even make Barnett's top 2 and yet continued to obsess over him. He wasn't even choosing between her and Amber! It was between Amber and another girl. I think her name was LC?

That said, of course hate sites and death threats are excessive. But the internet is a trash fire on a good day. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Also, I have to go back to the fact that Jessica didn't even make Barnett's top 2 and yet continued to obsess over him. He wasn't even choosing between her and Amber! It was between Amber and another girl. I think her name was LC?

I dunno.  I think she might have been, tho.  He was into Jessica but Mark was ALL about Jessica.  There is a point in the first ep where Mark comes in and he is talking a lot about how strong his connection with Jess is and Barnett's face kinda falls.  So I kinda think she really was one of his top picks but he stepped back he knew because Mark was so into her.

There is one scene of him getting Rory counseling where Rory is telling him if he wants her he needs to go all out for her and put himself out there.  But Barnett straight up admits he is afraid in case he gets disappointed.  He thinks she is going to reject him in favor of Mark.

7 hours ago, rozen said:

She spent a week or two talking to Barnett 19 hours a day while he gushed about how he could marry her tomorrow, and then spent the next couple weeks hung up over it. I really don't think her behavior would be that shocking IRL. It's garbage behavior,

Right.  He did.   Also she said flat out she'd cancel every date if that was what he wanted her to do.  She made it clear she wanted him.  But he was still waffling at that point.  He knew she had just finished up a date with Mark and he still seemed so hung up on Mark.  

I don't think her still wanting him long after the fact was the garbage behavior part.  I think this is understandable given what we were shown, imo.  I don't even think her talking herself into Mark and convincing herself that he was the one she wanted was even garbage.  Women (and men) do this all the time on the regular.  I think it was the blatant chasing of Barnett while they were both engaged to other people was the garbage part.  But even so, not worthy of the vitriolic hate she is getting. 

Which makes me wonder, was it a rule of the show that the men had to be the ones to propose?  Could  the woman be the one to make the initial proposal.  I almost think Lauren got Cam so quickly because she was the one to say 'I love you' first.  She flat out admitted it in real words, no prevarication.  Which, imo, was pretty brave.

• Love 6

Amber was mad because (during the "experiment") Jessica continually told her how happy she was for her yet at the same time she was telling the camera, Mark and even Barnett, a different story.  That's not girl code, that's some chick pretending to be your friend while lying to your face and hoping to steal your man.  Amber had every right to be upset after watching it. 

Barnett's jacket was awful & distracting.  Diamond's dress was UGLY and unflattering. 

Mark looked better than he did on the show, then again, he was sitting down.  Jessica looked sad and over it.  I wonder if her career has suffered?  Moving to Chicago, then LA.

I wish we had more details on their actual careers e.g. Is Damian really GM at an Applebees?

• Love 7
11 hours ago, aradia22 said:

If they really want to give the people what they want, make Lauren and Cameron the hosts!

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
11 minutes ago, yellowcalla said:

If they really want to give the people what they want, make Lauren and Cameron the hosts!

Cameron should still do his AI work though. Lucrative work in an in-demand industry.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Cameron should still do his AI work though. Lucrative work in an in-demand industry.

Yes, of course. Based on the amount of time we saw Nick and Vanessa during the show, I'm sure hosting wouldn't replace Cameron's day job.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, yellowcalla said:

Yes, of course. Based on the amount of time we saw Nick and Vanessa during the show, I'm sure hosting wouldn't replace Cameron's day job.

Good point! I basically forgot about the Lacheys until they showed up.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, rozen said:

I'm fine with her being hung up on Barnett.  Getting drunk and hitting on him in front of his fiancee was bad though, and I still think it's really bad how she treated Mark regardless of what people think about him.

But of course I agree with you on the hate and death threats.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I mean, everything's relative, right? Yeah, it's only a few weeks but we're also supposed to believe that Lauren and Cameron developed a meaningful relationship in a few weeks. Also, I have to go back to the fact that Jessica didn't even make Barnett's top 2 and yet continued to obsess over him. He wasn't even choosing between her and Amber! It was between Amber and another girl. I think her name was LC?

At the reunion they showed Barnett telling the camera "Jessica is my #1".

He practically proposed in the heat of the moment, and when Jessica brought it up the next day, he said "I don't know".  This made her kind of freak out and drop out of "Barnett's race", so to speak.

So then Barnett was left with two women.

I don't agree that Jessica didn't make his top 2.  I think that Jessica took herself out of it and then really regretted it later.

1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

There is one scene of him getting Rory counseling

LOL @ Rory counseling!  So cute.

• Love 5

The participants have said in interviews that the Lacheys were around more often to talk to them after dates and such, but it got edited out. They are producers on the show so they are probably not going anywhere. 

I think Barnett should have filled Amber in on Jessica’s behavior in the last year. It seems like it was fresh for Amber because she watched the show along with all of us and then they filmed this reunion last week. I think if he had given her a heads up she wouldn’t have been as mad. There wasn’t much Jessica could say at this point except,”Yeah I messed up and I’m sorry.” 
I think that 10 day window to get engaged played into a lot of decisions and emotions that ultimately happened on this show. I think most of them wanted to weigh their options for as long as they could. Things went south with Jessica and Barnett then she had a short time to work things out with Mark. I think some people got engaged just to go on the trip to Mexico. Spoilers say that she tried to back out in Mexico, but we all know now that once the couples were engaged they were obligated to see it through to the wedding. It’s obvious that it was awkward for her because at that point she didn’t want to be engaged and she still had unresolved feelings for Barnett yet she was having to continue with the charade. She probably should not have turned to alcohol to get through it because that just made things worse. 

Carlton presenting Diamond the ring was just so awful. I have no doubts now that the producers encourage him to hold off telling her his news until Mexico and that they also encouraged this stunt on the reunion show. Obviously, someone from the show had to fish the ring from the pool and had been holding onto it all this time. They may have even made him think it was his idea to do this as a token of friendship or something. It just came across as him putting her on the spot to forgive him and that this was an attempt to rehab his character as more sympathetic. If you care to check his socials, what you saw on the Mexico episode is who he is. He flies off the handle at any little thing and has a huge chip on his shoulder. I’m sorry if he’s received death threats. That’s going too far. It’s just a TV show. 

The less said about the fake tears from Gigi and Damian the better. I can see why he’s only had bit acting parts so far. They are both terrible actors. 

Kenny and Kelly seem very mature about the whole thing. I think Kelly may be a bit sad that Kenny didn’t want to try to continue dating, but it seems like they are friendly and happy for each other. Kelly has been busy pursuing her health coaching business and maybe she’ll meet the right person soon. I’m glad Kenny is happy with his new girlfriend. 

I love Lauren and Cameron. It’s nice to see they are still so in love. 

I was sad they didn’t bring the other pod people back for the reunion show. I think that would have been more interesting than some of the updates we got on this episode. A lot of them have been giving interesting interviews to media outlets. It’s weird what their non disclosure agreements prevent them from talking about though, like where did they sleep. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

At the reunion they showed Barnett telling the camera "Jessica is my #1".

He practically proposed in the heat of the moment, and when Jessica brought it up the next day, he said "I don't know".  This made her kind of freak out and drop out of "Barnett's race", so to speak.

So then Barnett was left with two women.

I don't agree that Jessica didn't make his top 2.  I think that Jessica took herself out of it and then really regretted it later.

LOL @ Rory counseling!  So cute.

Did Jessica really take herself out of it...or did she try to play hard to get/give him an ultimatum to get him to commit to her? Then Barnett was just okay, and moved on trying to decide between Amber and KC. And Jess was pissed that he didn’t chase after her and try to “win her back,” so she spent up until the weddings trying to put doubt in Barnett’s mind and try get him to dump Amber for her. If I didn’t read here that she was contractually obligated to live with Mark and go through to the alter, I was convinced she only stayed with Mark to be in the same apartment building as Barnett to “accidentally run into him” as often as possible. But Amber calling her a “shiesty bitch” was the greatest moment of the show. Second to that was Amber, still on her high horse bragging about how strong their marriage was with an ever-increasing devolution...well, we fight like everyone does...actually, here are several specific topics that we fight about...we’re both too stubborn...I called a divorce lawyer. I’m shocked that these two made it this far! 

Did anyone else get the feeling that Kelly regretted her decision—now that Kenny is happy with someone else? I don’t believe her or Jessica saying how much they’ve grown. You still seem to be in the same situation, forever alone because you’d rather go after the fuckbois than nice guys. (And I mean genuinely nice guys, not like incel Nice Guys TM.)

Speaking of being in the same situation—Damian and Giannina! Really!?!? Notice a year and a half later and there was no talk of another engagement or a future marriage. He implied she’s still a handful and a drama queen—but maybe he was talking about on the show. These two are dysfunctional, but they have the same super-intense brand of dysfunction so I guess this “works for them”? They seem like people who think you “have to fight for love.” Guys, it shouldn’t be that difficult.

The real winners of this show are Lauren and Cameron. I’m a big fan of Bachelor/ette, etc, and I have to say these two are my favorite reality show couple of all time. (Trista and Ryan from like 20 years ago come next.) I would happily watch a spin-off of these two just living their life, having BBQs with their families and Cameron’s geeky scientist friends.

• Love 15

I think the hosts said in the first episode that the guys would be the ones proposing.  If there is a second season, I would like to see what happens if the women are the ones proposing.  I think some of the competition aspect of the Jessica/Amber/LC/Barnett dynamic wouldn't have existed if the shoe was on the other foot.  Because the "rules" stated the guys would be proposing, I'm sure to some of them (even if just subconsciously) it seemed like all the power was in the guys' hands and that probably changed some of their behavior.  

• Love 4

I don't think Diamond can keep/sell the ring.  From shows like the Bachelor etc. the rings are basically loaners.  They have to actually get married or be together for a certain amount of time in order to keep it.  

I also read that even though the guys picked out the rings Jessica, Amber & Lauren all had the same style or ring.  I thought they all looked the same!

It would have been nice to see some "where are they now" type footage from the couples at the reunion.  It would be nice to see how they are going about their day to day lives after filming.

Amber should go on The Challenge!

For some reason, if there is a season 2, I feel like they will bring Mark back as a surprise contestant.  Shoot, they could bring back 1/2 the contestants because we didn't even get to see them!

• Love 4

I definitely felt a couple of times like Kelly was very displeased with Kenny being in a supergreat happy relationship now.  She says all the right things, but her facial expressions said something very different.

I was really hoping Diamond and Carlton wouldn't be on the reunion, their story is so awful and the last thing I wanted to see again was that horrible fight where he started talking shit about her wig slipping just because she didn't instantly accept his confession without any questions.  He will always be gross to me after that low-level shit.

I actually think Amber looks better with the blonde hair.  It softens her up a little. I still don't enjoy her, and the wide open mouth guffaws continue to get on my last nerve, but I don't disagree with what she said to Jessica.  I think Barnett wanted a "hot wife", with a "wild streak", and that's what he got, along with all of her flaws. Neither of them are perfect, but I think they might make it long term.  Maybe not as solid a couple as Lauren and Cameron seem to be, but not any less solid than a lot of conventional couples out there in the world.

I hope this is the last we see of Gigi and Damian.

As much as this reunion was not particularly exciting, I really appreciate that everyone behaved like adults, there was no crazy yelling over each other, people were respectful and calm. That's actually the thing I've liked about this show overall in comparison  to the Bachelor franchises, and any other reality shows where dating is involved - this group of people may have had some train wreck moments, but it wasn't the train wreck show I expected.  I felt like I was watching real people do real things, and it was so refreshing that they spent quality time together and used it to its full advantage, as opposed to "We have spent collectively 17 minutes together talking about how we are both ready for marriage, and spelunking down a building, so I'm definitely ready to go at it in the Fantasy Suite and lock this thing down!"

I had read an article about Rory that said he did fall in love during the process, and proposed, but once they got together in person things fizzled out.  I would have liked a quick update on all the other people who started the season but didn't make it to Mexico. Maybe they are going to reuse some of them for Season 2.  I'm definitely in for another round of this experiment!  It gave me snark material AND it gave me warm, fuzzy feelings.  At the end of the day, I am a sucker for people falling in love, because it's the best feeling in the world, and I am fascinated by human behavior and how easy it is to confuse infatuation with love, but at the same time I am always rooting for anyone who thinks they have truly found their person.

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, Irritable said:

It gave me snark material AND it gave me warm, fuzzy feelings.  At the end of the day, I am a sucker for people falling in love, because it's the best feeling in the world, and I am fascinated by human behavior and how easy it is to confuse infatuation with love, but at the same time I am always rooting for anyone who thinks they have truly found their person.

I don't watch a lot of dating shows in general, just Married at First Sight and Love After Lockup. Love After Lockup is straight trash (I don't even know if it should be classified as a dating show) and I don't take it as any more than that. I find Married at First Sight interesting from a human behavior standpoint (my undergrad major was psychology!) - like, why do that show at all? Why match this person with that person? OK, so now they're matched but they can't communicate - why, what's behind that?

This show was all over social media - someone said it was "like Married at First Sight but they can curse." That was what prompted me to watch. (And there were a few times when they would curse and I'd be like "Oh right, this isn't on network TV!") I was pleasantly surprised by how, like you say, there was plenty to snark on and there were also times when I legit said "Awww!" out loud, and meant it, and was happy about it. I think it also helped that these were mostly nice people and mostly adults who acted like adults. The premise of the show is BONKERS (although we now know some of these pairs had literally 100 hours of conversation, which I do think is enough time to fall in love with someone), but the execution turned out better than I expected - and better than Netflix expected, given that they weren't even set up to film as many couples as got engaged.

One of my favorite parts of Married at First Sight is when the couples talk finances. They used to do it very explicitly - "I have $X in debt, I make $Y, our budget for an apartment is $Z." They've stopped doing that because the show now puts up the couples in apartments, which before was the couples' only shared expense during the show, and I think the show is worse off for it - it makes the marriages feel less real. So I really liked that they showed the couples having conversations about real things that make or break a relationship. 

36 minutes ago, Irritable said:

I definitely felt a couple of times like Kelly was very displeased with Kenny being in a supergreat happy relationship now.  She says all the right things, but her facial expressions said something very different.

She started crying basically immediately so I think there's regret. She said she thought they'd keep dating and then it sounds like he kind of ghosted her, which, as someone who has been ghosted, is shitty. Also it probably stings to hear that your failed relationship is what got your ex ready for the next great relationship when you have another failed relationship under her belt - I wonder if she and her friend/ex have been able to salvage a friendship?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Even if you disagree about whether Jessica was really in Barnett's top 2 or if she took herself out of his top 2, I can't believe that he's attracted to her. At best, I think he was drawn to the baby voice and what he thought she looked like. Their conversations seemed shallow. He has always said that his personality meshed more with Amber and LC. I 100% don't think Barnett was attracted to Jessica once he saw her in person. Which is why I suspected that Amber might have bent the rules and said something to Barnett about Jessica's looks.

I was sad they didn’t bring the other pod people back for the reunion show. I think that would have been more interesting than some of the updates we got on this episode. 

Maybe it would have been too much work or they still had a limited budget but this felt like a weak attempt at a reunion and I didn't learn much. I agree that hearing from the other pod people would have been great. 

I think the hosts said in the first episode that the guys would be the ones proposing.  If there is a second season, I would like to see what happens if the women are the ones proposing. 

The closest we got was Damian proposing and then Giannina twisting it around and proposing to him in a dumb stunt that Vanessa tried to pretend was empowering, which... GAG.

I'm sure it's tough. People really turned on Kelly once enough slipped out for them to piece together that she wasn't waiting to get to know Kenny or whatever but was actually just not attracted to him and probably dates the wrong kind of guy. The internet made her into "that girl" and for one of the most boring couples, she was suddenly getting a lot of negative attention. Kenny being in an apparently great relationship seems to reinforce that the problem was with her though, of course, she shouldn't have forced herself to be with someone she wasn't attracted to. Someone being nice doesn't mean he's right for you. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I'm sure it's tough. People really turned on Kelly once enough slipped out for them to piece together that she wasn't waiting to get to know Kenny or whatever but was actually just not attracted to him and probably dates the wrong kind of guy. The internet made her into "that girl" and for one of the most boring couples, she was suddenly getting a lot of negative attention. Kenny being in an apparently great relationship seems to reinforce that the problem was with her though, of course, she shouldn't have forced herself to be with someone she wasn't attracted to. Someone being nice doesn't mean he's right for you. 

Yes, I think she still wishes she had been attracted to him, hence the tears. If it's really true that she only goes after the wrong guys, some serious investment in therapy might be more helpful than going on a reality show... she seems lonely. 

• Love 2

"Carlton, you played the victim when talking about how badly women react to you being sexually fluid, but then you insisted repeatedly that no one ever had a problem with it before. What was that about?"

I highly doubt they were going to push Carlton that much. First of all, I think they were scared of inadvertently offending or raising the ire of any who believed him and took his story at face value. Secondly, I have to believe production knew something. You don't cast a "friend of a Real Housewife" to be on your reality show without expecting drama. I don't know if he had this storyline planned with producers from the beginning or if he had just planned it for himself from the beginning but this was 100% planned. And at some point, production definitely got on board and realized it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
On 3/5/2020 at 2:09 PM, aradia22 said:

That had to have been hard to watch.  At times it was hard for me to watch.  I do think she experienced some personal growth...or at least personal insight into her character.  She did acknowledge that she drank way too much on the show, and that she had a tendency to go after guys that didn't seem interested in her.  That's huge.  Same with Kelly who said she seems to automatically put guys in the friend zone too soon.  

I was disappointed the most in Mark, who I really liked.  Kenny seemed to be holding back, like he promised himself he wouldn't slam Kelly or reveal anything.  But Mark still doesn't really think Jessica did anything wrong.  Maybe he's just a really great guy and only looks at the best in people.  

I liked how Diamond presented herself at the reunion.  She was classy.  The short time she was on the show was more "I'm a prize...you better get down on your knees every day and thank God you were lucky enough to get me".  She truly wants to find love and get married, and I hope she gets that opportunity.

• Love 4
On 3/5/2020 at 8:48 PM, DearEvette said:
On 3/5/2020 at 7:47 PM, dbell1 said:

Barnett was either bored or whipped. He spent a lot of time staring into space.

Yeah, what was up with him?  Whereas Amber looks like she just came from a spa, Barnett looks puffy and a little ... hangdog.  He doesn't look like the experience was 100% positive for him a year and half later.

On 3/5/2020 at 5:53 PM, sasha206 said:

She looks EXACTLY like Kate Upton.

On 3/6/2020 at 8:46 AM, snarts said:

Jessica looked sad and over it.  I wonder if her career has suffered?  Moving to Chicago, then LA.

I wondered during all her drinking bouts if she realized that would not look good to current AND  potential customers.  Not smart. 

22 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Second to that was Amber, still on her high horse bragging about how strong their marriage was with an ever-increasing devolution...well, we fight like everyone does...actually, here are several specific topics that we fight about...we’re both too stubborn...I called a divorce lawyer. I’m shocked that these two made it this far! 

I am surprised, too.  I just don't see a fit there.  I can't figure Barnett out.  I've worked with many engineers, and if he's a chemical/mechanical/electrical/civil type engineer, they are soooo anal.  Very precise and detailed.  He's kind of a blob.  For a guy who is very popular with women, he doesn't seem to have much of a personality.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, aradia22 said:

I highly doubt they were going to push Carlton that much. First of all, I think they were scared of inadvertently offending or raising the ire of any who believed him and took his story at face value. Secondly, I have to believe production knew something. You don't cast a "friend of a Real Housewife" to be on your reality show without expecting drama. I don't know if he had this storyline planned with producers from the beginning or if he had just planned it for himself from the beginning but this was 100% planned. And at some point, production definitely got on board and realized it. 

I'm sure the production was coaching him to divulge his "secret," and waiting for sparks to fly. But I can't imagine they were hoping for a blow-up so huge that they felt obligated to let Carlton and Diamond out of their contracts, and bring in a more boring couple (Kelly and Kenny) as backups.

I think the right hosts, with enough time, could have really explored Carlton's nasty and contradictory statements at the reunion show without being offensive, or exposing the fakeness of the show. But I doubt that Nick and Vanessa are the right people for that.

• Like 1
  • Love 3