Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: I Want You to Want Me

• Start Topic

I'm skeptical of the audio played without showing them saying it. Meka saying she told Taylor about the yoga debacle, slightly believable. Dr. Pepper telling Zach to get out of the married, completely UNBELIEVABLE! I call BS on that!!

(edited)
On 3/6/2020 at 3:31 PM, Elizzikra said:

a total Eugene

What are this?

"Eugene Felsnic (Florczyk in the broadway play) is a character in Grease and Grease 2. He is a silly, naive, gullible nerd, but never nasty or cruel. He was a decent, goofy guy."  Quoted from Grease Wiki/Fandom. This was posted earlier as a description of Derek.

Edited by Kimboweena
Clarifying
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Funny how the spouses in failing marriages have the SAME issues. Meka & Michael both feel uncomfortable & unsure about the marriage. Brandon & Taylor both feel disrespected & that the other doesn't want to be married. 😂 & I think the husbands CAUSED the issues.

• Love 2

Taylor and Brandon - Both of them are ridiculous.  I think Taylor was just looking for more screen time/attention and to get Brandon back for the crap he put her through.  If she wanted to get out her frustration with him, why did she have to make that video instead of going to the experts?  That would have been the honest thing to do, not make some spiteful attention seeking video.  Hey I want to sympathize with her but unfortunately she's no prize herself if that's the way she chose to handle this!  As much as I can't stand Brandon, he does have a point about her.  I don't know if I trust that she went into this with the cleanest of intentions.  She could be a vapid Instagram attention whore but also sincere about finding a husband, so I'm still not decided on her real motivations.  She puts on a good act but I'm not sure if I buy all the sincerity since everything out of her mouth feels somewhat fake at best.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Taylor and Brandon - Both of them are ridiculous.  I think Taylor was just looking for more screen time/attention and to get Brandon back for the crap he put her through.  If she wanted to get out her frustration with him, why did she have to make that video instead of going to the experts?  That would have been the honest thing to do, not make some spiteful attention seeking video.  Hey I want to sympathize with her but unfortunately she's no prize herself if that's the way she chose to handle this!  As much as I can't stand Brandon, he does have a point about her.  I don't know if I trust that she went into this with the cleanest of intentions.  She could be a vapid Instagram attention whore but also sincere about finding a husband, so I'm still not decided on her real motivations.  She puts on a good act but I'm not sure if I buy all the sincerity since everything out of her mouth feels somewhat fake at best.

well, I am wondering if she did not consider this whole marriage thing a gimmick and he found out very early on and it was the cause of all of his ranting and raving. not that that justifies his tantrum on the bus and the big f-u to everyone

• Love 5

It's interesting how we say what we'd do if a partner called us a name or lied, but have we? If not, don't we hope to God we NEVER get put to those tests? 😅 Actually experiencing it is a different thing.

• Love 4
On 3/6/2020 at 3:24 PM, cinsays said:

well, to be fair, he explained that...…..new management that he had not met yet. yeah, he may be lying about this and other things but I just find her so hard to take, that I am on his side

I agree. I am on his side purely by default bc I wouldnt be able to stand her arrogance, aggressive style of speech, and seemingly constant anger at little things (a clean utensil sitting on a clean frying pan set her off). I also side eyed some of the things she said ("I make a good amount of money for how young I l am") which could mean anything. He doesnt seem to put on any effort bc he just doesnt like her. I dont get his lying but I would guess he just cant stand her so he lies about random crap to her. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Lindz said:

It's sweet that Michael is taking Meka to Jamaica. However, given his propensity to lie, I wouldn’t be surprise if it’s Jamaica, Queens.

Hahaha .. we used to go shopping there years ago when I was a kid.  Goodwins, Gertz.  It was under the el and we took the bus there.  My mother bought me my first Victrola there that played 78 ‘s.   You probably don’t know what I’m talking about, lol.

• Love 8
On 3/4/2020 at 9:12 PM, Meowwww said:

Meka is judge, jury, and executioner.  I can barely listen to her.  Who knows what up with Michael.  I know someone who lies, all the time, about everything.  It’s a mental illness.  Is he lying?  He can’t even get in a word edgewise with Meka’s shrill anger and thundercloud over her head.  But he sucks. 
I hate Brandon, but I hate Taylor more.  The way she switched gears from “sobbing” to earnest in a split second was messed up.  And she finally admitted she posted the video to hurt him.  

Well, she’s an actress you know.  She can’t act for shit.  Maybe that mop on her head is strangling her vocal cords.

• Love 2
(edited)

Thinking about what a sad doofus Zach is.  We'll see more of his picture next week.

Season 2 Sean did not cohabitate with Davina,  and didn't the other Season 2 couples spend a good part of their time apart.  Of course there was the flight attendant and smoker.  So the separation before 8 weeks is not foreign to us.

Last season there was speculation that Amber's husband was just in it for the money, having a basketball career that may be faltering.  Didn't Zach used to be a Personal Trainer, and now he is listed as Fitness Professional, is that a step up?  His before recording with Poseur Pepper does not resemble his actual behavior.  Maybe he's in it for the money, tough to know what a Fitness Professional makes in his area.

Pepper (Yale's most famous PhD), and Cal have no authority over these people.  Where's Cilona with his instruments when we need him?  Where's his jacket with piping when we need it?

Maybe they are failing to pronounce "venerable" (or venable).

Tired of these kids acting all intellectual and not knowing when to use which personal pronoun.

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, cinsays said:

well, I am wondering if she did not consider this whole marriage thing a gimmick and he found out very early on and it was the cause of all of his ranting and raving. not that that justifies his tantrum on the bus and the big f-u to everyone

I think she may have been able to go either way on the marriage thing - If Brandon turned out to be a great guy she might have been in it for real, but seeing what a baby/douche he turned out to be, she fell back on "gimmick".  Of course, he didn't like that, but cry me a river.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Liberty said:

Didn't Zach used to be a Personal Trainer, and now he is listed as Fitness Professional, is that a step up? 

I think it just means he does more in the fitness space than personal training. He may do personal training, do fitness modeling, and teach fitness classes. None is necessarily better than the other, it’s just a broader swath of skills. Personal training requires certification; some fitness teaching also requires certification but the amount of time it takes to be certified varies a lot depending on the activity (spinning vs. yoga, etc.).

(edited)
4 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I agree. I am on his side purely by default bc I wouldnt be able to stand her arrogance, aggressive style of speech, and seemingly constant anger at little things (a clean utensil sitting on a clean frying pan set her off). I also side eyed some of the things she said ("I make a good amount of money for how young I l am") which could mean anything. He doesnt seem to put on any effort bc he just doesnt like her. I dont get his lying but I would guess he just cant stand her so he lies about random crap to her. 

The thing is, he lied to the experts about his job, didn't he? So he didn't just lie to her. I do find her off-putting, but that's what makes me take pause.

That, and the fact that no matter how annoying or aggressive somebody is, telling someone to drive out for plans you never actually made at a place you don't actually work is creepy and bizarre as hell by any standard.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Hahaha .. we used to go shopping there years ago when I was a kid.  Goodwins, Gertz.  It was under the el and we took the bus there.  My mother bought me my first Victrola there that played 78 ‘s.   You probably don’t know what I’m talking about, lol.

I do. Jamaica, Queens was quite the shopping hub back in the day. Loved going to Gertz and having their vanilla soft serve parfait with strawberry syrup. Good times!

I'm hanging in there until the end but this is such a sorry group! No one to root for except Jessica and Austen.

I don't know if Taylor was insinuating that Brandon was gay in her video but it was something I wondered about too, his mellifluous sexy voice, notwithstanding. My gaydar sucks, however, but it was a feeling I got. It would make no sense however to sign up for this show if he were gay. I guess I am an old fogie but all these seasons later it boggles my mind that Instagram Fame, or business exposure would be valid reasons to enter into LEGALLY BINDING MARRIAGES!  Divorce has its place but one should enter into  marriage hoping it lasts forever. Silly me.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I think she may have been able to go either way on the marriage thing - If Brandon turned out to be a great guy she might have been in it for real, but seeing what a baby/douche he turned out to be, she fell back on "gimmick".  Of course, he didn't like that, but cry me a river.

I don't think we know who did what first

• Love 2
On 3/6/2020 at 8:27 PM, Cancun said:

Wondering what the patch was on Mindy’s back during yoga? I haven’t noticed it other times.  Sorry if this has already been discussed.

E8D80138-F970-49C3-908D-453AB74268B9.jpeg

It might be that black tape that athletes have put on for help with injuries or something. I've seen it on many basketball players over the past few years. Tiger Woods even had it in a similar location that Mindy does in a tournament or two a couple of years ago. 

12 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

The thing is, he lied to the experts about his job, didn't he? So he didn't just lie to her. I do find her off-putting, but that's what makes me take pause.

That, and the fact that no matter how annoying or aggressive somebody is, telling someone to drive out for plans you never actually made at a place you don't actually work is creepy and bizarre as hell by any standard.

Michael lucked out in a way by getting hooked up with Meka. There is so much focus on the fact that she is a overcharged, emotional shrew. He, almost by design, always remains very calm, and gives one word answers (most of which are lies) in a dismissive tone. That is something that would drive someone with Meka's personality crazy. So of course she reacts in her over the top way when he does that. He has a firm grip on how to push her buttons and uses that to deflect criticism that is lobbed in his direction.

You can see that it is working somewhat, by the comments here that have difficulty looking past Meka's behavior. I totally understand how that can happen but I can't help but give Meka way more of a pass because I'm sure he's way more of an asshole to her off camera. Then the camera crew shows up and she's supposed to have a rational discussion with someone who on camera says the opposite of what he just told her off camera. 

This is really not an enjoyable season to watch at all. I'm not gripped by wondering what is going to happen next week. Last season, anticipating what would occur between Jamie and Elizabeth was quite amusing. This time around, there is no amusement, just anger and disgust (except for Austin and Jessica).

• Love 13
On 3/6/2020 at 8:33 AM, Jeanne222 said:

I agree something is off with Brandon.  He's giving me a bit of a gay vibe.

Exactly! Why didn't the "experts" with all their in-depth interviewing and background checks figure this out??

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Thank you. 

I read the experts are only there to try to straighten them out.  It’s the producers who do the picking, and of course they pick people that will cause drama.  If everyone was like Jessica and Austin, it would be boring.

• Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Michael lucked out in a way by getting hooked up with Meka. There is so much focus on the fact that she is a overcharged, emotional shrew. He, almost by design, always remains very calm, and gives one word answers (most of which are lies) in a dismissive tone. That is something that would drive someone with Meka's personality crazy. So of course she reacts in her over the top way when he does that. He has a firm grip on how to push her buttons and uses that to deflect criticism that is lobbed in his direction.

You can see that it is working somewhat, by the comments here that have difficulty looking past Meka's behavior. I totally understand how that can happen but I can't help but give Meka way more of a pass because I'm sure he's way more of an asshole to her off camera. Then the camera crew shows up and she's supposed to have a rational discussion with someone who on camera says the opposite of what he just told her off camera. 

This is a really good point. I think it's Dr. Phil who calls this "outrageous overshadowing..." Some people have dramatic/more aggressive personalities or tend to get overly emotional, yell, scream, cry, etc. Since Meka is like that (she might not be like that all or even most of the time, but it's clear she's at least somewhat of a person whose buttons can be pushed, as you said), it's easier to find fault with her than with the person sitting across from her who appears to be acting 'calm' and 'rational' in response.

But her emotional reactions overshadow the much, much creepier and more sinister thing going on here. It makes no sense to lie to people you don't even know this much. To sign up for a show and tell bald-faced lies to the production crew, directors, etc. To lie about a class but STILL HAVE SOMEONE DRIVE TO THE CLASS KNOWING THEY CAN'T ACTUALLY TAKE IT (that part blows my mind; it's not just sly, it's bold and narcissistic- you expect to somehow not get caught so much that you don't even tell them not to come or make up an excuse?). To LEGALLY marry someone, move in with them, expect sex and share a household, but still not have them actually know where you work or what you do.

Not to mention, that in arguments that are about your bald-faced lies, you feel completely guiltless turning it around on the other person and making it about them telling their friend. Or their tone. Or the snarky way they called you out on your lying. The absolute unrepentant *nerve* it would take to have someone drive out to a place you don't work and said you did to take a class that you never paid for, but then tell them THEY messed up the marriage by saying "It was a waste of my time?" Like...wow. That's a lot of ego.

Yes, Meka comes across as annoying on the show- although I'll add that she hasn't come across that way with her family and friends, castmates, or the experts in counseling sessions at all, at least not to me. She was kind, practical, and measured with Taylor even when Taylor was acting a fool, and seemed warm and friendly with her loved ones at the wedding. 

But like, even if she WAS the most annoying person on the planet and the shrillest harpy since Kiss Me Kate, he lied to her about his job! and his car! and his fucking HOBBY. Like, dude, what is he trying to pull? That's some scary stuff imo. Worse than Meka's anger, Brandon's ranting, and Taylor's immature videos combined. That kind of consistent commitment to lying just scares me at a deep level. 

And I gotta say, if someone was trying to scam me like this I don't know that I'd come across much better, especially knowing how different he was when the cameras weren't on. I think I'd say a lot worse than "It was a waste of my time." 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 16

But her emotional reactions overshadow the much, much creepier and more sinister thing going on here. It makes no sense to lie to people you don't even know this much. To sign up for a show and tell bald-faced lies to the production crew, directors, etc. To lie about a class but STILL HAVE SOMEONE DRIVE TO THE CLASS KNOWING THEY CAN'T ACTUALLY TAKE IT

There is so much to unpack with that and Michael was clearly at fault but I found it odd that Meka kept going on about "wasting my time" - like that was what bothered him most. Girl, he lied to you in a pretty major way. That's reason enough to be upset. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Michael exasperates Meka.

Caught in yet another senseless lie, when verbally confronted by Meka he turns into a crying clam... his shell shuts tight as tears stream...verklempted again....

His inability to articulate why he lies to her drives her up the proverbial wall.

He adamantly refuses to own the lies he tells when caught.

Meka responds by turning the volume to 11 accompanied with bluster, ranting and seething righteousness.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5
On 3/4/2020 at 8:35 PM, Ohwell said:

Taylor looks like a deranged, worn out floosie with that busted wig.

Very much on point.  That was good for a laugh thanks.  How did she swim with that?  

On 3/4/2020 at 9:03 PM, PupCal said:

I am loving the bald-faced lie Michael apparently told Meka about him being a yoga teacher.

I just don't know how he does all this lying on camera and on a TV show thinking I don't know what he's thinking?  What the hell did he tell the producers and why didn't they do any vetting at all? His family must know he's a terrible, horrible, frequent liar.

On 3/4/2020 at 9:36 PM, Ohwell said:

I know I heard in an earlier episode Michael told Dr. Pepper he taught yoga, but I don't remember him saying once a month.  I thought it was more often than that. 

I wonder, is he lying about things because he's married to Meka and just doesn't like her, or is he just a liar no matter who he's with?

A lot of people missed us. We've got him on camera telling wo totally different stories.

On 3/5/2020 at 8:14 AM, becauseIsaidso said:

He is actually quite practiced at steering the conversation away from the problems he is causing. As much as I dislike Meka's relentless form of delivery, it would be maddening for me to have to watch my spouse continually evade, avoid, lie and try to make it all my fault. Normally, I would applaud couples who keep off-camera stuff private, but not in this case.

Mika keeps hoping that the "experts" are really expert and that they really are together for a reason. I know if I was crazy enough to be on the show I believe that the producers vetted the person I would have to be permanently married to. That makes it even crazier.  I mean how could someone be totally lying about all of the basic things in their life and it's on TV being filmed? I know it didn't make sense when he said something about becoming a principal, but at that point I still believed that the shell with that the contestants before matching them up in a legal marriage. I see now you need to do a investigating with a private investigator who gives you the real deal when you come back from the honeymoon.

On 3/6/2020 at 3:04 PM, Ohwell said:

All during this "experiment" I've wanted to give Michael the benefit of the doubt because he was subjected to Meka's machine gun mouth (thanks @Jeanne222).   Nobody deserves that except a criminal being questioned by the police.

However, I now want to smack Michael upside the head with a cast iron frying pan because the fucker just will not tell the truth.   I still think it's because he doesn't like her so he doesn't care what comes out of his mouth, but he needs to either shut the hell up or tell the truth.   I'm tired of his sloth, breakfast eating ass.

I'm so sick and tired of both of them.

Michael lies because Michael's mouth moves. I don't think it has anything to do with Mika although Mika is a handful. I'm sure Mika would be a bit better if she wasn't with this narcissistic possibly sociopathic guy that she is believing has to be honest about something because the experts matched her with him.  I now believe the producers are totally diabolical.I mean Brandon and Taylor??? Did they set that up as a marriage in hell?  Who is saying they don't want to watch but this is a train wreck and I'm still interested. I'm really hoping to see if any of the experts based on what the producers want them to do confronts Michael about the lying. I mean he lied to them to.

I've been preferring to watch it for the first time with the couples on the couch. I don't have anybody to watch with and so these couples none of which I know because I didn't see their seasons are still company for me. I wonder if I go back and see any of those seasons with the couples on the couch because I'm interested in them and what they did to get to where they are now.  I don't watch the little half an hour with Jamie whatever her name is. I don't want to even get into that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Considering how Michael continuously and relentlessly stonewalls, lies, sabotages and makes it very clear he has absolutely no intention of doing anything other than that for the duration, I would like to see Meka offered either a bona fide do-over (where partners are actually correctly vetted) or an all expenses paid 8 week vacation to places where she can peacefully and happily accomplish her bucket list of  swimming with dolphins. I haven't cared for her very much, but I can also see a perceptive, intelligent young woman who does not appear to have been at all dishonest in how she presented herself during the selection process and is being relentlessly f**ked over by a lying f**ker. I admire that she is not just getting all weak and weepy like Amber (I  think that was her name - married to the ultra tall loser Matt) or Kate (of the eternally cringeworthy Kate and Luke) and tolerating Michael's behaviors, but is putting in a solid effort. I'd like to see how she does with a man who tells the truth going in and keeps her in the loop about what's going on with him, good or bad. I'm tired of Michael's excuses and no longer believe anything he says about his background - why should that be any less of a lie than everything else he spews? And even though I doubt Meka would ever put her trust in this process again, I'd also really love to see her take them/production/experts to task over what kind of selection criteria they would use to guarantee her a spouse who hasn't been lying from the get-go. Once they meet, it's up to them but they should at least start out with honesty.

I was once married to a lying narcissistic stonewaller and remember engaging in my version of Meka-style confrontation in my desperation to break the wall and get him to stop shutting me out and treat me with respect (bucz that's really what it was all about). He blandly ignored me and was rather amazed when I cut him loose. The one true emotion I saw on his face was  his amazement when I told him he simply wasn't worth the bother.

Finally saw Couples Couch and was really surprised/happy to see SAF Steph and AJ, both of them appearing happy. I had liked them together in their season, could understand his troubles with production constantly in his face and wondered if it was their private/off-camera time that cinched their decision to stay married. Apparently so, they both looked relaxed and happy with each other. Can't remember which season they were or how long they've been together now, but it was good to see.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Finally saw Couples Couch and was really surprised/happy to see SAF Steph and AJ, both of them appearing happy. I had liked them together in their season, could understand his troubles with production constantly in his face ...

Wonder what turned AJ around to want to be involved with MAFS again.  How much do they get paid for appearing on couples couch?

Maybe more couples would stay together if they saw the income potentional in Couples Couch. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Thinking AJ cooperates because he is in control of what he says... no more field producer prompts, scripted THs or fake reenactments... the camera is just on and not following him to the bathroom.

The primary reason: Steph, his sexy AF wife wants to be on the Couples Couch.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

There is so much to unpack with that and Michael was clearly at fault but I found it odd that Meka kept going on about "wasting my time" - like that was what bothered him most. Girl, he lied to you in a pretty major way. That's reason enough to be upset. 

That was a weird thing to focus on, yeah. The thing I was thinking is that maybe she was trying to say she felt taken advantage of? like not only did he lie, but he let her mess up her evening for a lie as well. I don't know the hours she works, but some people barely have an evening free to begin with, so maybe she felt like "oh, so I not only had to be lied to yet again, but I also screwed up my rare full night off," or something.

It also sounded to me like it was a long drive, so maybe that's part of it. Like, maybe she was sitting in the car for an hour and he fully knew that whole hour that she was not going to be able to take that damn class. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

I admire that she is not just getting all weak and weepy like Amber (I  think that was her name - married to the ultra tall loser Matt) or Kate (of the eternally cringeworthy Kate and Luke) and tolerating Michael's behaviors, but is putting in a solid effort.

True, I have to admit I have a bit of a soft spot for somebody that's not just going to be like "oh noooo please love meeeeee" like Amber or Mindy or princess-bratty like Katie (this season's Katie). 

I think both Mindy and Meka should get do-overs. Zach was dishonest in promising to do the experiment, as he never fulfilled his end of the bargain. And Michael lied from day 1. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, cinsays said:
22 hours ago, OnTime said:

Exactly! Why didn't the "experts" with all their in-depth interviewing and background checks figure this out??

maybe because it is not true?

I'm not say he is or he isn't. I'm only saying the experts should have figured it out.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Liberty said:
4 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Finally saw Couples Couch and was really surprised/happy to see SAF Steph and AJ, both of them appearing happy. I had liked them together in their season, could understand his troubles with production constantly in his face ...

Wonder what turned AJ around to want to be involved with MAFS again.  How much do they get paid for appearing on couples couch?

Maybe more couples would stay together if they saw the income potentional in Couples Couch. 

AJ said on a radio interview that they are paid but didn't say how much. He said something like "why not do it to get paid".

Greg (of Deonna and Greg) said on Instagram that they weren't asked to be on Couples Couch.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

I think both Mindy and Meka should get do-overs.

I find myself fascinated by this idea. If I were Mindy or Meka, I'm not sure I'd want to set myself up for a second divorce at the hands of this show. But then again, given the difficulties they all seem to think they have finding a suitable partner, maybe they'd figure "why not?" Maybe some other show where they don't have to marry but are matched and guided through early relationship exercises or something? I do think there should be some consolation prize for people matched with obvious duds. We could call it "Anyone but Luke."

I'm not say he is or he isn't. I'm only saying the experts should have figured it out.

If you're not saying he's gay, what is there for them to have figured out (besides that he's a near psychopath when he's angry)?

For the record, a lot of women would put "not gay" on their list of "must-haves" for a partner. I did - because all of the "fine," employed, nice guys I knew for a long time were gay. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Maybe some other show where they don't have to marry but are matched and guided through early relationship exercises or something? I do think there should be some consolation prize for people matched with obvious duds. We could call it "Anyone but Luke."

They have had two shows that were sort of consolation prize options for some of the "losers" from this show in the past. The first one was called Second Chances and they took two previous participants whose marriages ended in divorce and put them in Bachelor style situations, dating and choosing from several people. If I recall correctly, it was simultaneously boring and a train wreck. Then they did another one called Honeymoon Island that included "unmatched singles from earlier seasons of the original, fan favorites, and new candidates." (I had to consult Wikipedia to refresh my memory on this.) They threw them all together in an attempt to find matches themselves, but it was super weird and Pastor Cal was very controlling and his usual scolding self when people didn't put in what he considered the right amount of effort. I didn't enjoy either one of them, but I wouldn't mind seeing a re-jiggered Second Chances with less of the group date and infighting stuff.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, cinsays said:

maybe because it is not true?

Please remove yourself from both reality TV and the internet.  You obviously don't belong.

1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

For the record, a lot of women would put "not gay" on their list of "must-haves" for a partner.

A lot?  I would think it would be more along the lines of "most," or even "all."  Regardless of what other qualities she's looking for.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Please remove yourself from both reality TV and the internet.  You obviously don't belong.

A lot?  I would think it would be more along the lines of "most," or even "all."  Regardless of what other qualities she's looking for.

I meant that a lot of women might feel a need to state “not gay” explicitly as opposed to having it go without saying.

3 hours ago, OnTime said:

Greg (of Deonna and Greg) said on Instagram that they weren't asked to be on Couples Couch.

Good luck pushing Jamie and Doug off the Couples Couch to make room for Deonna and Greg...

Jamie will dig her heels and claws in deep to increase her time on teevee.

Keeping Doug on the TLC teat is always a bonus since his employment status can be spotty....

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Good luck pushing Jamie and Doug off the Couples Couch to make room for Deonna and Greg...

Jamie will dig her heels and claws in deep to increase her time on teevee.

Keeping Doug on the TLC teat is always a bonus since his employment status can be spotty....

Too bad because I genuinely liked them and I’d watch couple’s couch if they were on it. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

They have had two shows that were sort of consolation prize options for some of the "losers" from this show in the past. The first one was called Second Chances and they took two previous participants whose marriages ended in divorce and put them in Bachelor style situations, dating and choosing from several people. If I recall correctly, it was simultaneously boring and a train wreck. Then they did another one called Honeymoon Island that included "unmatched singles from earlier seasons of the original, fan favorites, and new candidates." (I had to consult Wikipedia to refresh my memory on this.) They threw them all together in an attempt to find matches themselves, but it was super weird and Pastor Cal was very controlling and his usual scolding self when people didn't put in what he considered the right amount of effort. I didn't enjoy either one of them, but I wouldn't mind seeing a re-jiggered Second Chances with less of the group date and infighting stuff.

Yeah they did a crap job with both of those shows. 

7 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

They could do a two-bit version of bachelor in paradise with past participants. I would so cringe watch it but watch it I would because of my low entertainment standards. 

This!  On "Honeymoon Island" they had about 24 hours to pair off, and then the rest of the show was about trying to turn them into couples who would get engaged at the end.  I'd love for them all to be set loose on an island resort - hire Doug to be the bartender/advice giver and off they go!  Jamie could interview the ones who get voted out or whatever 😄 

• Love 4
On 3/5/2020 at 2:28 AM, LennieBriscoe said:

I've watched every season, and I don't remember any cooking lessons, painting with wine, or Tantric yoga! Yikes.

On 3/5/2020 at 11:40 AM, OnTime said:

Dallas (all of them) and Philly (Kristine/Keith) had the cooking lessons

Atlanta(Tres/Vanessa) had the painting with wine

Miami (Nick/Sonia), Dallas (Bobby/Danielle) had the Tantric yoga

None of the brides from the Dallas season could cook. 😄Tre Wilcox from Top Chef was the one who gave the lesson - bless his heart.

Keith from Philly didn't cook at all at first; he expected the woman to do all of that (like his grandmother had done for him). Kristine got tearfully frustrated with having to bring home the bacon and being expected to fry it up three times a day (i.e. give Keith breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Keith eventually got the message, and took a cooking lesson to show Kristine that he was trying to meet her halfway.

On 3/5/2020 at 8:31 AM, Soup333 said:

Brandon and Michael are...I don't understand either of these men but they both scare me. I think Michael is looking for a woman who won't question much and will allow him to lead in what limited way he can BUT will also breastfeed and mother him.

Brandon - there's something really not right about him and he seemed overjoyed Taylor finally messed up in a significant enough way so he could get the hell out of the situation. He's creepy as hell. To me, even more so than Michael. 

The look that Brandon had his eye when he tore off a hunk of wedding cake was creepy. I couldn't even have guessed that he was going to stuff it in Taylor's face, but I didn't find what he did amusing at all.

On 3/5/2020 at 9:52 PM, Adeejay said:

It's sweet that Michael is taking Meka to Jamaica. However, given his propensity to lie, I wouldn’t be surprise if it’s Jamaica, Queens. 

Prince Akeem found his bride in Queens! 😉

Edited by discoprincessthe2
  • LOL 1
17 hours ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

None of the brides from the Dallas season could cook. 😄Tre Wilcox from Top Chef was the one who gave the lesson - bless his heart.

Keith from Philly didn't cook at all at first; he expected the woman to do all of that (like his grandmother had done for him). Kristine got tearfully frustrated with having to bring home the bacon and being expected to fry it up three times a day (i.e. give Keith breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Keith eventually got the message, and took a cooking lesson to show Kristine that he was trying to meet her halfway.

The look that Brandon had his eye when he tore off a hunk of wedding cake was creepy. I couldn't even have guessed that he was going to stuff it in Taylor's face, but I didn't find what he did amusing at all.

Prince Akeem found his bride in Queens! 😉

OMG, Amber had the worst hair.  And Danielle with those stupid eyebrows!

• LOL 1
On 3/7/2020 at 4:08 PM, Yeah No said:

Taylor and Brandon - Both of them are ridiculous.... Hey I want to sympathize with her but unfortunately she's no prize herself if that's the way she chose to handle this! ...She puts on a good act but I'm not sure if I buy all the sincerity since everything out of her mouth feels somewhat fake at best.

My issue with Taylor has nothing to do with whether she's a bit obsessed with presenting a not-quite-authentic image on social media - or even on this show - and everything to do with the absurd level of stupidity she displayed by repeatedly denying the video had anything to do with Brandon.  She might as well have been standing there in a bright blue shirt earnestly insisting she was wearing her favorite pastel pink one.  I swear, every stupid denial that came out of her stupid mouth was even more stupid than the one before it. 

If you acted rashly and are now embarrassed, I think it's human nature to be at least somewhat tempted to spin it, but damn, Taylor, that was your best effort?? Taylor, in her THs, talking to Dr. Vivianna, talking to Meka, talking to various other and sundry friends and family, says, "So yeah, I made this video during which I talk about nothing but being married.... but it clearly has nothing to do with the man to whom I'm married!  I've no idea what part of talking about my relationship requirements,  summarized for easy reference in a bullet pointed list, and how those relate to my current/future relationship status, could possibly have given anyone the idea I was talking about my relationship."  

Riiiiiight, Taylor.

On 3/8/2020 at 3:40 PM, Lm2162 said:

Yes, Meka comes across as annoying on the show- although I'll add that she hasn't come across that way with her family and friends, castmates, or the experts in counseling sessions at all, at least not to me. She was kind, practical, and measured with Taylor even when Taylor was acting a fool, and seemed warm and friendly with her loved ones at the wedding. 

And I gotta say, if someone was trying to scam me like this I don't know that I'd come across much better, especially knowing how different he was when the cameras weren't on. I think I'd say a lot worse than "It was a waste of my time." 

I would contend we saw this side of Meka - the aggressive, shrill, annoying, inflexible side - for the first time when she was putting on her wedding dress.  And that was before she knew one damn thing about Michael, so that was all Meka, all the time, and can in no way be attributed to Michael being a creepy asshole jerk.

On 3/7/2020 at 7:26 PM, Liberty said:

Last season there was speculation that Amber's husband was just in it for the money, having a basketball career that may be faltering.  Didn't Zach used to be a Personal Trainer, and now he is listed as Fitness Professional, is that a step up?  His before recording with Poseur Pepper does not resemble his actual behavior.  Maybe he's in it for the money, tough to know what a Fitness Professional makes in his area.

Based on all estimates I've heard of the paltry sums the participants receive, if you go on a reality tv show for the money, you are already sucking majorly at life.

On 3/9/2020 at 11:07 AM, OnTime said:

On 3/9/2020 at 11:51 AM, Elizzikra said:

If you're not saying he's gay, what is there for them to have figured out (besides that he's a near psychopath when he's angry)?

This.  Every. Single. Season. It's crazy, actually, how many men are cast on reality tv shows in heterosexual relationships and subsequently subjected to speculation that they're gay.  Often based on such overused, trite stereotypes of gay men that the accusations should come with a warning: "Involuntary eye rolls are to be expected and may occur frequently and with unknown levels of severity...."  IMHO, it's time to move on from gay and get a little more original here ; )

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 6
On 3/11/2020 at 3:24 PM, SabineElisabeth said:

My issue with Taylor has nothing to do with whether she's a bit obsessed with presenting a not-quite-authentic image on social media - or even on this show - and everything to do with the absurd level of stupidity she displayed by repeatedly denying the video had anything to do with Brandon.  She might as well have been standing there in a bright blue shirt earnestly insisting she was wearing her favorite pastel pink one.  I swear, every stupid denial that came out of her stupid mouth was even more stupid than the one before it. 

If you acted rashly and are now embarrassed, I think it's human nature to be at least somewhat tempted to spin it, but damn, Taylor, that was your best effort?? Taylor, in her THs, talking to Dr. Vivianna, talking to Meka, talking to various other and sundry friends and family, says, "So yeah, I made this video during which I talk about nothing but being married.... but it clearly has nothing to do with the man to whom I'm married!  I've no idea what part of talking about my relationship requirements,  summarized for easy reference in a bullet pointed list, and how those relate to my current/future relationship status, could possibly have given anyone the idea I was talking about my relationship."  

Riiiiiight, Taylor.

I would contend we saw this side of Meka - the aggressive, shrill, annoying, inflexible side - for the first time when she was putting on her wedding dress.  And that was before she knew one damn thing about Michael, so that was all Meka, all the time, and can in no way be attributed to Michael being a creepy asshole jerk.

Based on all estimates I've heard of the paltry sums the participants receive, if you go on a reality tv show for the money, you are already sucking majorly at life.

Yes, but some of them use it to build their social media platform or promote their brand/products.  That type of exposure is crucial to doing so and where the $ can come in.

Edited by sasha206