Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: I Want You to Want Me

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Good for her though!  It's actually refreshing to see someone have confidence, particularly since most would consider him the better looking of the two.  And you know what, if he's going to fall in love, he's going to fall in love with her because confidence is indeed sexy.  

In the latest episode it looks like he is determined to have Katie fall in love with him, I like him a lot and he really listens it seems and then acts, both great characteristics in a partner.  I don’t mind her and despite her confidence she is also insecure and somewhat immature but I sure see potential in their relationship 💘

• Love 3
(edited)

Michael is a liar and Meka has a mouth like a machine gun!  Who matched these two?

When she catches him in another lie and fires up that mouth I have to duck for cover!

Slow down girl.  Take a breath!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Ooo.Mi.Gawd. So, Meka goes to the yoga studio where Michael "teaches" yoga & they say the only Michael that works there is a cleaner!?

I. Died.

Why do I think the "Double My Salary" Catholic School would say the same thing?...

I have an idea Michael is an aide at the school and a janitor at the yoga studio.

He's way out of Meka  league job and salary wise.

I wonder if he lied on his application to the show.  I also wonder how well they vet these contestants.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I think Michael is a shady liar and has been lying since he lied about demanding sex on the airplane. I don’t care if Meka shrieks like a crazy crow-headed woman with her wings on fire. He is a liar. And he seems surprised that he gets caught. So he’s a bad liar as well. And yes his code word for sex is vulnerable. Meka should dump his lying butt. 

Katie's high self esteem  might be admirable if she wasn’t so smug and condescending. Woo me. Dominate me. Prove your worth. Shut up girl who is still hung up on her f**k buddy. 

I think Taylor is an idiot and was matched well with another idiot. However I think Brandon showed his idiotness more openly and often and something about him seems fishy but I don’t know precisely what it is. They both need to sit down and shut up. 

Zach and Mindy are uncomfortable to watch. Yes he’s being a jerk but I think she’s being stupid. Why won’t she let it go? He has been pretty clear. She’s not unattractive I wish she’d just let him go. 

Austin and Jessica are this year’s winner so far. I hope they make it! Go team! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Ohwell said:

The flashback showed him telling Cal that he teaches yoga three days a week. Then it switches to a conversation with Pepper and he says that he practices three times a week and teaches a class once a month.

Well, if Michael is doing all this yoga he would be in better shape. 

Vaughn season 1 (of Vaughn and Monet) is a real yogi.

• Love 9

Something that bothered me was when Dr Pepper meeting with Taylor & Brandon and Brandon says he's done and out; and then she tries to make him feel guilty about all the people who wanted to be there! I thought she had a lot of nerve, but honestly that was just not right and if anything shouldn't she also take some responsibility in all these relationships that fail?  She looked and acted extremely petty IMO.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Well, if Michael is doing all this yoga he would be in better shape. 

Vaughn season 1 (of Vaughn and Monet) is a real yogi.

I agree, Michael doesn't look like he works out that much.  He's definitely not my type and it seems his main concern is that he eats a big breakfast.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Michael's lies are pretty much to make himself look better, or not worse.  Why is he lying to the counselors?  About his pay, the new job, about his yoga instructing.  He's not just lying to Meka, he's lying to everyone.  ON TV.  

He could've copped to saying he wanted sex. Hell, he could've even said he was just joking and she took it the wrong way.  Instead, she's the liar.  He starts off their marriage that way.  

If he was just done with Meka "scolding him", he could do a Zach.  He could do a Brandon.  He could leave.

I don't understand why she's getting shit as if she's the horrible one to be around!   Is she supposed to be joyful to be paired with an ugly habitual liar who acted as though SHE was the one lying about the sex comment?  She can't trust one word he says.  Can you imagine being paired up with him?  I can't imagine any woman not scolding him.

(And sorry I am sounding like a dick cause you know I love you, SB!)   

Luv u too.  This whole show sucks this season.  Pepper knows it .. that’s why she is suddenly changing her tune all of a sudden giving them a choice to stay or to go.  We all see differently when it comes to these bozos.

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Yeah, why isn't she woo-ing him too?  Why is it all up to him to be a thoughtful spouse?  I'm not one that thinks Derek is great looking, but i still don't think she'd be able to get him outside of this situation. 

I want the answer to this, too! Freckles has done nothing for Derek. Not a single damn thing! Maybe that's why the last boyfriend dumped her. I can totally understand why he didn't want her. Self centered, egotistical, little wench. 

Oh, and I liked her (paraphrasing here) "Don't think you got me because you got me so early in the honeymoon, understand?" Derek nodding his head and humbly agreeing with her. I'm waiting for him to blow up on her, the sooner the better, too. 

Taylor honey, if you are waiting for a man that is over 6'3, you are ruling out 75% of the male population unless you move to the Netherlands where everybody is tall. Stupid twat. 

I love Austin and still think Jess is bossy. Maybe he likes his women that way. If so, they are a match made in heaven. 

Michael/Meka and Zach/Mindy are so mismatched it's ridiculous. There is no point in continuing with this farce. I hope they don't pay Zach for his appearance on the show because he has done nothing to earn it.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 16
(edited)

Meka’s bucket list is to partake in animal abuse of dolphins in 10 countries?? Disgusting! She lost me with that. Please educate yourself sister 

Edited by ShowFan
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

The only time I enjoy watching Meka is when she’s not with Michael. That’s gotta mean something!

I feel the same towards Mindy. Meka would be a purring loving cat in the right arms. If Michael's resume and information turns out to be baloney that should be grounds for annulment. She should demand a redo (if she wants one). 

• Love 7

Yeah- "Dr. Pepper is there for one reason now. She is there to put the gentle pressure on the "contestants" to remain "in the game." She was so mad when she was losing Brandon & Taylor. That's where I liked his direct approach. Cutting through the crap cake. Taylor's eyes panning to "Dr Pepper" as though in some kind of woman to woman plea . My frustration is that it sort of worked. Pepper: "I don't doubt that you really wanted this" = wtf?! 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, endure said:

Something that bothered me was when Dr Pepper meeting with Taylor & Brandon and Brandon says he's done and out; and then she tries to make him feel guilty about all the people who wanted to be there! I thought she had a lot of nerve, but honestly that was just not right and if anything shouldn't she also take some responsibility in all these relationships that fail?  She looked and acted extremely petty IMO.

Yes!! And if I’m remembering correctly, they were a last minute replacement or maybe one of them was? I really don’t think they have as big of a pool of finalists as they’re leading us to believe 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Read an article about Michael where he hinted that he gave a TED talk...then it was down graded to being on a panel of someone giving a TED talk...

Most likely the truth....Once, Michael talked to a guy named Ted...

He  gave a TedX talk with a bunch of other people. The X is crucial in because the X signifies that it's a locally organized, independent event that has nothing to with Ted itself, but is designed to be a  Ted-like experience.

Michael was interviewed about his upcoming "Ted Talk" in a video that's on YouTube. I posted about it a few days ago in the MAFS Social Media thread. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Exactly!  I can't believe people are acting like she's some joyless harpy.  My God, he basically told her she needs to fuck him during the honeymoon and then lied.  Then the lies continue.  I only fault her for giving it a chance.  He's shady AF.  

I happen to think she is a joyless harpy AND Michael is garbage thank you very much.

Her way of confronting situations is always the same. Trying to browbeat answers out of someone. I don't like or respect that. She has every right to be mad or feel he is untrustworthy. But, she has the same way of dealing with things whether it's lying or where he keeps his trash can. I'm just can't with her.

But, I despise Michael. Always lying. Trying to sound intellectual. Talking in circles. 

The difference is, I would have been out after the honeymoon if I had to deal with someone like either of them. This show could keep their money.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, princelina said:

Yep - speaking from experience, my guess is alcoholic who doesn't want to get busted.  So he spends all of his time at their apartment alone in the bedroom playing video games (in my experience alone in the bedroom = with a bottle of vodka). 

Very interesting theory.  That could also explain the awkwardness we see in circumstances where he doesn't have alcohol.

23 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Guess production needs to eek out a few more scenes. 

I was stunned, and not in a good way, when they said the couples have been married three weeks.  Sweet baby Jesus, it feels more like it's been three lifetimes already.

On 3/4/2020 at 9:13 PM, Straycat80 said:

Taylor’s friends are as clueless as she is. 

This is somewhere I have to give Meka credit.  I think that when Taylor spoke to Meka about the video, she expected Meka to be in the amen-chorus about how wronged Taylor was and how there was nothing wrong with the video.  But Meka spoke the truth to Taylor.

On 3/4/2020 at 9:45 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

Derek didn't even make Kraft Deluxe!

When I cook for just myself, I'll sometimes make Kraft Mac 'n Cheese, and add chicken and broccoli...oh, and use only about 1/2 the butter.  It is an insanely good and easy meal!  But not to eat all the time, as it was very clear from the way Derek and Katie spoke, that they do.

• Love 6

On 3/4/2020 at 10:10 PM, endure said:

And I can't stand Taylor and she's a horrible actress.

It's been a fun little game to watch her being so bad at lying, even if she's just trying to lie to the audience.  Remember back on the honeymoon, when she did her spiel on the balcony?  She was describing things that were happy and joyful, but her eyes and facial expression were just so dead.  When she was talking with Brandon and Dr. Pepper, she was trying to play off about the video as though it was no big deal, but again her voice and facial expressions gave away that she knew she had f*cked up royally and was desperately hoping to turn in an Oscar-worthy performance to convince everyone otherwise. 

On 3/4/2020 at 9:38 PM, ShowFan said:

As for the class, he probably had arranged for them to take it, but when she found out he doesn’t teach, probably some drama followed and they missed it

But she said something about how he hadn't even registered them for it.  So I think they were there for the class but were unable to take it because it was full.  She clearly was there, because she talked about having driven there and wasted her time.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Came to say the same thing. That chick has some balls on her to think her sh!t don't stink. Wow. He has to "woo" her? Wow.

Calling her a 4 or a 5 is being very generous. When I lived in LA, she'd be lucky to be considered a 2. Add in her sense of entitlement and that makes her a ZERO.

Unpopular opinion here, but I think she was right to have that conversation with him.  By his own admission, he was taking things for granted, and it was clearly having a negative effect on their marriage, whether we think he should have to woo her or not.  By her speaking up about it, it gave a chance for the marriage to get better, regardless of why.  And she didn't say that he forced her to have sex so soon on the honeymoon...she just identified what conclusion she didn't want him to draw from that. 

And the numerical rating of her or him doesn't matter in this case.  What matters is that they are married to each other, and would probably rather not see the marriage fail.  If she can raise a concern that increases the odds of its success, I say good for them, especially since she didn't do it in a Meka-like way!  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Katie is fouling the (love) nest.

She is treating Derek like her Past F*ck buddies treated her...dismissive, belittling and none too kind...

Maybe that's what she ultimately wants. To turn the tables and be the one in charge now. She is old of to know that should treat people the way you want to be treated but what do I know?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Good for her though!  It's actually refreshing to see someone have confidence, particularly since most would consider him the better looking of the two.  And you know what, if he's going to fall in love, he's going to fall in love with her because confidence is indeed sexy.  

Just your post made me think re Derek and Katie...I bet if they met in real life, he would not pursue her.  

• Love 3

Anyone else pissed off by the annoying way Michael says vulnerable ? It sounds like “ vurnerble” 

My biggest pet peeve across multiple seasons of this show (and also on other shows) is "fustrated" instead of "frustrated". Drives me bonkers.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
52 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Very interesting theory.  That could also explain the awkwardness we see in circumstances where he doesn't have alcohol.

I was stunned, and not in a good way, when they said the couples have been married three weeks.  Sweet baby Jesus, it feels more like it's been three lifetimes already.

This is somewhere I have to give Meka credit.  I think that when Taylor spoke to Meka about the video, she expected Meka to be in the amen-chorus about how wronged Taylor was and how there was nothing wrong with the video.  But Meka spoke the truth to Taylor.

When I cook for just myself, I'll sometimes make Kraft Mac 'n Cheese, and add chicken and broccoli...oh, and use only about 1/2 the butter.  It is an insanely good and easy meal!  But not to eat all the time, as it was very clear from the way Derek and Katie spoke, that they do.

LOL I think I ate a lot of Kraft Dinner when I was that age too! 

(edited)
5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

There's a such thing as sexy confidence, however, to me Katie doesn't have that. To me it seems she has a self-important, cocky, condescending attitude I find very obnoxious.

5 hours ago, DaddyDOIT said:

She only has brothers and has a very serious disease in being a type 1 diabetic. Most likely she was coddled and fawned over all her life.

4 hours ago, ramble said:

Katie's high self esteem  might be admirable if she wasn’t so smug and condescending. Woo me. Dominate me. Prove your worth. Shut up girl who is still hung up on her f**k buddy. 

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Self centered, egotistical, little wench

I heard also people call her entitled, and I think controlling/bossy.

All that, and then she wants to be dominated in the bedroom.  😄

Edited by MajorNelson
  • LOL 6
32 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Unpopular opinion here, but I think she was right to have that conversation with him.  By his own admission, he was taking things for granted, and it was clearly having a negative effect on their marriage, whether we think he should have to woo her or not.  By her speaking up about it, it gave a chance for the marriage to get better, regardless of why.  And she didn't say that he forced her to have sex so soon on the honeymoon...she just identified what conclusion she didn't want him to draw from that. 

And the numerical rating of her or him doesn't matter in this case.  What matters is that they are married to each other, and would probably rather not see the marriage fail.  If she can raise a concern that increases the odds of its success, I say good for them, especially since she didn't do it in a Meka-like way!  

I totally agree with you 🤗

• Love 1

Michael felt their time at mani pedis was foreplay.

Meka thought it as a small step in the right direction of getting along.

Michael wants sex.
Clear as day...Michael expects sex.

Meka is not going to ever have sex UNTIL he cops to his first big lie on the plane...

Meka uses hand gestures. She’s not doing Kung fu kicks or wildly punching towards him inches from his face when they talk.

Michael blames her gesticulating to justify his running away each time Meka says things he doesn’t like...what a baby...he crumples when things do not go his way.

His mush mouth is an affront to my tender ears...Oy Oy Oy

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 3/5/2020 at 12:44 AM, princelina said:

I guess I'll voice an unpopular opinion - I'm Team Taylor and am starting to hate Brandon with a vitriol previously reserved for Barf Bag Sean from Season 2.

I'm also leaning towards Meka more than ever before, even though I still find her to be negative and immature.  However, a guy would lose me by repeating the word "vulnerability" too many times when discussing our relationship.  At least we now know what Michael's real job is - watching kids in the before- and after-school programs.  Not a job that segues into principal, even for a private/parochial school.  And yoga studios are only so big - you know who the other instructors are, even if you are new and one of them is a sub.

Katie really does think she's too good for Derek and seems embarrassed that she likes him.  

I love Jessica and Austin.

Is there a reason Dr. Viv is on this show?

I'm completely with you. If my spouse told me to F off on the honeymoon and treated the film crew like that it would have been over immediately. I imagine the producers are holding the contract over her head and she can't afford to break it so she's trying to be sneaky and backdoor her way out of having to continue to hang out with Mr. Anger Management Problem.

• Love 2

Dr. Red Hot Chili Pepper did a good job of using Zach’s word salad back at him.

She channeled her inner Yoda...Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Zach looked defeated that his oral diarrhea didn’t work on Shorty.

Mindy, stop propping him up.

Zach is always looking at the bus schedule...for the next one to throw you under...

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
On 3/5/2020 at 12:13 AM, rebel2u said:

I think Katie must have been one of those kids whose parents told her she was the Most Beautiful, the Smartest, the Most Enchanting Child in the World.  Does she have siblings?  She reminds me of some of my friends growing up who were only children and whose parents hung on their every word and gave them their complete and undivided attention, thus ensuring that they grew up self centered and self important.  Unfortunately, I grew up in a family with 4 children and learned my place in the pack early on.  So, yeah, I admire her confidence, too.

Katie has been a diabetic since her early teens. Kids who are diagnosed with a serious illness (or chronic illness) seem to halt in their development at the time they are diagnosed. She was probably the center of her parents' concerns, as they figured out how to manage her diabetes. Her dad was super protective at the wedding ("he needs to treat her right; that's my baby...") and I imagine she has always been the focus. She does have a brother, as I recall, who also seemed very protective. He spoke at the wedding.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Doesnt Dr. P live separately from her spouse? I feel like I read that somewhere.

Dr. Salt and Peppa lives on her horse farm and her current spouse lives in another state.

Sad I know this...

• Useful 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I agree something is off with Brandon.  He's giving me a bit of a gay vibe.

Meka isn't going to Jamaica.  Another Michael lie.

Has anybody seen Taylor without that hair?

Katie will always 'be on top'.  Not by choice just her personality.  Probably why she could not get a guy to commit.

Poor Mindy.  Now we think there must be something wrong with her because she got stuck with loser Zack.  He's a real piece of work!

• Love 7

Jess’ and Austin’s wheel of fortune....

Honestly, seen sexier at Spin the bottle at Middle School Church camp....

Anyone else grinning like a fool when they watch these two adorkables’ segments?

Two decent people acting decently.

• Love 10
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I agree something is off with Brandon.  He's giving me a bit of a gay vibe

When I was in my late teens, I went with a gorgeous guy for a few months.  We hardly kissed.  He took me to many of his family functions and to his house.  A pretty guy, dressed to the hilt.  Turns out he was gay.  What the hell did I know.  In those days, it was a secret.  You just might be right about him.  He’s hiding something and it’s killing him.  He’s very tortured and mixed up.  It’s not Taylor’s fault.  They both came on for different reasons.  Hers .. for exposure, not that it will help.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

But she said something about how he hadn't even registered them for it.  So I think they were there for the class but were unable to take it because it was full.  She clearly was there, because she talked about having driven there and wasted her time.

Yes, she said he lied about teaching classes and lied about registering them for the class because he hadn’t paid so they couldn’t take the class.  I wonder if the class location was far from Meka’s job and Michael invited her thinking she’d never make it by the start of class so he wouldn’t get busted.  Or he could be one of those people who lie so much it is part of who they are and they do it without thinking. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

Katie has been a diabetic since her early teens. Kids who are diagnosed with a serious illness (or chronic illness) seem to halt in their development at the time they are diagnosed. She was probably the center of her parents' concerns, as they figured out how to manage her diabetes. Her dad was super protective at the wedding ("he needs to treat her right; that's my baby...") and I imagine she has always been the focus. She does have a brother, as I recall, who also seemed very protective. He spoke at the wedding.

15 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Yes, she said he lied about teaching classes and lied about registering them for the class because he hadn’t paid so they couldn’t take the class.  I wonder if the class location was far from Meka’s job and Michael invited her thinking she’d never make it by the start of class so he wouldn’t get busted.  Or he could be one of those people who lie so much it is part of who they are and they do it without thinking. 

My half sister was like that!  She even lied about simple things like dessert!  I always have thought there was something wrong to do that.  Never did figure it out.

It's maddening!

• Love 6

Speaking of Katy’s illness, was it ever mentioned she could not have children?  I’m assuming Derek was told after the wedding?  Is that a big feature to consider especially if he didn’t even know or love her yet?

20 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Speaking of Katy’s illness, was it ever mentioned she could not have children?  I’m assuming Derek was told after the wedding?  Is that a big feature to consider especially if he didn’t even know or love her yet?

I think it was mentioned that if she wanted children she would need to have them early on.  No waiting.

I'm thinking the diabetes progresses to where she could not have children.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Michael doesn’t have any plans for Jamaica. He’ll ‘change his mind’ because Meka won’t have sex with him be vunnable.

Yeah, he said Ocho Rios but I'll believe that when I see it. 

• Love 5

Meka needs to just walk away. Michael is nothing more than a gaslighting, lying fool! Taylor is a hot mess. She should have just walked away from Brandon in Panama after his last tantrum. Now she's given him the upper hand by posting that video and going out on dates with other men. 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, GettingGray said:

6. I'm starting to enjoy the Couples Couch program. 

I'll start to watch it and then get bored.

Why is Jamie Otis on the Couples Couch since she interviews them on Unfiltered (which I don't watch)?  She criticizes them up one side and down the other on CC.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I agree something is off with Brandon.  He's giving me a bit of a gay vibe.

I don't know if anybody else caught this but on Taylor's "list" of requirements for a husband on her IG story she had "not gay" as one of the requirements, then all of a sudden that item was clearly blacked out everytime they showed her IG story again.  Hmmmmm very interesting. I think that is what Brandon was so upset about. Another situation where there is alot not being discussed on camera.  

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7