Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: I Want You to Want Me

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

Did anyone else watch Unfiltered? Taylor told a VERY different story about the motivation behind the video. She claimed it was all a ruse to throw off her followers because they were becoming suspicious of her situation and I guess she was not supposed to be posting yet about being married or something. So she was just trying to get them to stop asking her questions about her relationship status. If that's true, why did she admit to Pepper during their "mediation" session that she did it because she was angry and fed up with being disrespected by Brandon? I'm so over both of them. They're both awful and don't deserve another minute of air time

Clearly this is how long it took her dumb ass to come up with a believable lie. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, ShowFan said:

I feel like this show has set off to change the worlds’ perception of “momma’s boy”. It’s been always such a negative but in this show the momma’s boys have been absolute dolls! Bobby, in some ways Keith, now Austin. They are up to something! I can’t help but smile every time I watch Jess and Austin 

Momma's boy is another stupid thing in the culture that I can't stand. It has lost all meaning. Someone who loves and respects their mom is not a bad thing. A man who takes care of his mother is not a bad thing.

Being like Norman Bates where your life revolves around your mother is a problem. That is a momma's boy in the way it was originally intended. 

• Love 24
13 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Why does he not deny being a liar? Why didn't he reply to Meka's specific charge about his not being a yoga teacher?

Only one conclusion.

Well it's not obvious, so let me lay out two possibilities.

1. He did lie
2. He is more or less innocent, BUT he is "out" of the marriage, so why bother responding.  Plus she will get more and more unhinged.

To point two, he did explain with Dr, Pep that the person at the yoga desk didn't know him because she was a recent hire ("management turnover.")

• Love 8

When I saw the clip of Pepper asking Zach what he would do if he wasn't happy with the woman he's matched with, I thought, she's prepping him, & he missed the hint.

Zach's going to wipe out more ways than one next week, & I'll stick with this if just to see that go down.

I want Taylor & Brandon gone, off the show, booted, done, goodbye forever, have a nice life (separately), etc. Neither should've ever been chosen, nor Michael the Liar. Everyone has some issues, but clearly these folks needed psych interventions & not marriages.

Katie wants Derek to be dominant, but I could almost see the whip in her hand as she smugly warns him to be nervous, all while ruminating on her mac & cheese.

I can breathe easier during Jessica & Austin's segments, at least until they start kissing, then all I see is incest, awkwardly done. Maybe I'm not speaking for just myself in thanking them for not being into PDA...

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

Katie's voice and mannerisms are becoming more and more irritating to me. Like, like, like, like, like..... and she says it like "Liyeeek." OMG I just can't.

As awful as most of these people seem, she is the one who grates on me the most from a purely superficial level. The weeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy she drayyyyyyyyyyyyyygsssss ouuuuuuuut certain weeeeeeeeeerds... Ugh, it's nauseating and she really does sound like the mean girl who is so above everyone else, including her husband. Couple her diction/voice with her delusions of grandeur and I am ready to punt her out the door.

21 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

I felt like Dr. Pepper *almost* got Zack to engage until she pressed for him to m-o-v-e  i-n.  Then, he visibly shut down.  I almost wonder if he has some weird bedtime ritual that he's too embarrassed to let anyone see.  Does he use a cpap?  Sleep hanging upside down?  I mean, what's so god-awful hard about changing locations for a few weeks?  He gets his own room and doesn't have to commit to anything physical.  He's really stuck on not wanting to m-o-v-e   i-n. 

A lot of people are blaming the "experts" on the poor matches.  But I think the participants hold a lot of the blame as well, for misrepresenting themselves in the interviews, especially Zack. 

But he slept in the room with her for several nights on the honeymoon and there didn't seem to be any weird stuff except not wanting to be spoken to whilst performing his sacred face washing.

I loooooooved when they pulled receipts on him and showed that clip of him saying he would do whatever it took to make the marriage work even if he wasn't pleased with what he saw when his wife showed up at the altar. Again, I was so excited that Pepper brought that up and called him out on it, finally getting to the real shit, but then disappointed when she didn't push him to discuss it further (or at least they didn't show it). All she wanted to do was push him to move in, which is so useless at this point. She straight up said you need to move in or get out of this marriage now, but then accepted him just saying he would consider it. Now means now, asswipe. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
(edited)
6 hours ago, configdotsys said:

The flashback showed him telling Cal that he teaches yoga three days a week. Then it switches to a conversation with Pepper and he says that he practices three times a week and teaches a class once a month. You can almost understand someone's reason for lying to get out of trouble of some kind, but these things, to me, point to something wrong there.

Ok thanks for that, because that's what I thought I heard him say.  

He does seem to be a chronic liar, and I can understand Meka's frustration with that, but she is just so damned difficult to listen to when she goes off on him.  I know she's frustrated, so she should just shut down, try to enjoy the time remaining before decision day--and give the rest of us a break from her mouth. 

Edited by Ohwell
typo
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, Ohwell said:

What I don't understand is why he would even invite her to a yoga class that he doesn't teach.  Wouldn't he know that she'd find out right away?

13 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I should have made my post clearer, what I should have said was that I didn't understand why he'd invite her to any yoga class if he didn't teach there.

Aha!  These are good points.  So you are saying it stands to reason that Michael DID teach them in some capacity, otherwise why take her there?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Meka gets on my last nerve but Michael lies, lies and lies again, so I can understand why she's at the end of her rope with him. And what a stupid lie about the yoga, he couldn't NOT have thought he wouldn't be caught out.

I never thought I'd take the side of Brandon, with his drink problem and anger issues. But what Taylor did was unforgiveable and I'm glad he had the dignity to walk out and not play "Doctor" Pepper's game.

I can't understand why Mindy wants to persist with Zach. Pepper all but said to him "you signed up for a TV show and you're contractually bound to participate." But Mindy's desperation is so off-putting. She should take a note out of Brandon's book and say, you know what? I'm not doing this any more. But next week's previews look very interesting as far as this couple is concerned.

Katie is really not all that. And as each week goes by, I think Derek's realising how high-maintenance she is.

I have nothing but love for Austin and Jessica. They are so adorable together and are doing everything right to make this work. They both seem to have some insight into the personality traits they need to work on to make their relationship succeed and they genuinely seem to have a lot of fun together.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Cammi said:

This shit show is too depressing. I will come back to check comments and just not watch the rest. I am convinced it is two hours long so they can air prescription RX commercials.  I have never seen such toxic relationships before on a reality show. It is not entertaining in the least. Meka's rapid fire rising crescendo way of speaking gives me such ANXIETY! Yeah, Michael is a bad communicator/liar, but the way she speaks makes me have to poop my pants. She upsets my bowels 😖 How are they having these huge misunderstandings??? Is Michael THAT much of a fibber (on national television no less), or are they just THAT bad at communicating? Jfc these two are TOXIC. 

I've been hurt before when I was younger, like Taylor. Pride was wounded, and lashed out immaturely. Brandon was giving her shit and just expected her to smile and eat it I guess. He acted odd from the START. What with the snatching of the wedding cake and his weird vows. Not defending Taylor, but imo, BOTH of them had alternate motives to appear on this show.

None of these people have any business being CLOSE to being in a marriage other than Jessica and Austin. MAYBE Derek. Maybe. 

Dear baby Zeus I couldn't stand being married to Katie for a single second. Derek is a solid 8 in my area and my town ain't small. His height alone would have most girls drooling. Katie acts like she is a prize? Good on her for the confidence I guess, but she irritates me with her put downs. Derek will only tolerate so much. Much more handsome than Zack imo. 

Mindy is sweet but has zero sex appeal. Sorry. I am a huge Tom Hanks fan, but to me, he has zero sex appeal. Even though some women would drop their panties for him. Mindy just doesn't have that "je nai se quoi". Or it isn't coming across on screen to me. Lovely girl though! But Zack shouldn't have signed up for getting married without seeing his bride first, if attraction is such a big deal! Ugh, at least TRY. This is an experiment. Did Mindy try to force affections on the honeymoon and now he is scared? 

What a complete shit show! Almost as bad as season 2. Minus the physical abuse of course. 

You hit the nail on the head about everything !  This show is not pleasurable anymore.  Out of all who applied, this is the best they could do?  I read somewhere that the producers pick them, not the experts.  The experts are there to lure them back when they want to leave.  That’s it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:
12 hours ago, OnTime said:

Cooking class, painting with wine, and tantric yoga yet again. We see this every season! Can these marriages be saved with a fishbowl of questions??

Why can't they do something new other than Jessica/Austin spin the wheel?

I've watched every season, and I don't remember any cooking lessons, painting with wine, or Tantric yoga! Yikes.

Dallas (all of them) and Philly (Kristine/Keith) had the cooking lessons

Atlanta(Tres/Vanessa) had the painting with wine

Miami (Nick/Sonia), Dallas (Bobby/Danielle) had the Tantric yoga

Edited by OnTime
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
23 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

I loooooooved when they pulled receipts on him and showed that clip of him saying he would do whatever it took to make the marriage work even if he wasn't pleased with what he saw when his wife showed up at the altar.

What is Zach gonna say? "If I'm not pleased with what I see at the altar, I'll just stay at my own place and stop over to the marriage apartment to play cards.

If I am pleased with what I see at the altar (24 year old blonde gym bunny) then you'll have a show like you've never seen before."

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

His inability or unwillingness to give specific things that he needs from her makes me crazy.

I had the same idea that a couple of other posters had...that Michael is talking code for SEX.

Maybe...he could give her "at least let me see you nude", but omg.  And being an educator, he'd rather not have that as a clip and made fun of on youtube forever.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Jessica and Austin's relationship might be cute and all, but their kissing is still all kinds of terrible. I'm convinced it's Jessica's fault. She just puts her face there and doesn't reciprocate.

I think she doesn't want to be all tongue sloppy on camera.

3 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Brandon - there's something really not right about him and he seemed overjoyed Taylor finally messed up in a significant enough way so he could get the hell out of the situation. He's creepy as hell. To me, even more so than Michael. 

Yep - speaking from experience, my guess is alcoholic who doesn't want to get busted.  Probably has a mom who has always made excuses for him, especially if he had a brother who died, so he can be nice and they're all thrilled with him, or he can be an ass and they all placate him and then pretend nothing happened afterwards.  When he walked into their counseling session after Panama with his flowers and sheepish grin, she was supposed to melt and assure him that all was forgotten and that didn't happen.  So he spends all of his time at their apartment alone in the bedroom playing video games (in my experience alone in the bedroom = with a bottle of vodka).  IMO Taylor made that video because she was pissed off, and her mistake now is trying to find a good excuse for her behavior rather than just admitting she was sick of his shit.  And he's pleased as punch because he could stalk out and now be the offended party.  I deal with that kind of gaslighting in my own life and I can't stand to look at him any more.

50 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Zach's going to wipe out more ways than one next week, & I'll stick with this if just to see that go down.

I'm all in for that 😄 

• Love 19

Well, Pepper was 0 for 2 this episode.  First, she encourages the Taylor-Brandon "relationship."  They both have acted like total shits.  Brandon has been verbally abusive and just left.  Taylor did the stupid video, which she refuses to admit was to hurt Brandon.  It's beyond time to pink slip this sham of a marriage.  

Re: Mindy and Zach, Pepper let Zach off way too easily.  Don't let him "think" about moving in.  You're either in, so move in, or you're not, so give it up.  Enough is enough.  Mindy seems like a sweet, nice lady; she doesn't deserve this.  I also think she's gotten more attractive and her wedding day look wasn't her best.  She deserves much better than word salad/verbal diarrhea Zach.  

The tantric yoga session was painful to watch.  Zach was soooo checked out.

I don't know what to think about Meka and Michael, other than I would be done if I were Meka.  She may not be a prize but Michael is clearly a lying liar who lies about everything.   I still am confused by 25 year olds who are so much on the marriage track and who have "tried everything" that they end up on MAFS.  Again, you're 25.  Calm down.  

I absolutely adore Austin.  He seems darn near perfect.  He and Jess seem to understand being friends, communicating and respecting the other, as well as being appreciative.  All the other couples could learn from them.  

• Love 17
40 minutes ago, OnTime said:

What is Zach gonna say? "If I'm not pleased with what I see at the alter, I'll just stay at my own place and stop over to the marriage apartment to play cards.

If I am pleased with what I see at the alter (24 year old blonde gym bunny) then you'll have a show like you've never seen before."

He should have been honest about not being able to stand being in the same room with someone who doesn't give him an immediate spark, but then of course he wouldn't have been cast. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, essexjan said:

Katie is really not all that. And as each week goes by, I think Derek's realising how high-maintenance she is.

And I'm realizing Derek deserved someone better than Katie. I think he is adorable!

• Love 19

Didn't they offer to let couples out of the 'contract' 1/2 through last season?

If these couples could get 'early release' they could cut the show to 45 minutes, and we'd be up to speed about everything in Jessica and Austin's world.  I suppose Katie wouldn't take early release because she needs health insurance.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Jess on Unfiltered: I'm happy with Austin, don't make me comment on the drama going with the other couples.

Jess and Austin at the couples activity: We are happy, please don't drag us into the drama of you losers....

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
22 minutes ago, Liberty said:

I doubt it. The Matt and Amber train wreck was too good from them to close down.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, configdotsys said:

The flashback showed him (Michael) telling Cal that he teaches yoga three days a week. Then it switches to a conversation with Pepper and he says that he practices three times a week and teaches a class once a month. You can almost understand someone's reason for lying to get out of trouble of some kind, but these things, to me, point to something wrong there.

He also told Meka's friends that he works out five days a week, doing yoga for three of those days. Someone posted Michael's initial introduction monologue to FB and in that he said he works out six days a week and teaches yoga. I suppose one could add a day or drop a day if they felt, but all of it added up together is very inconsistent and maybe this is what Meka encountered from the very beginning of the marriage.

2 hours ago, ciaoformeow said:

Clearly this is how long it took her dumb ass to come up with a believable lie. 

Not everyone can be as skilled a liar as Michael Matt from last season. LOL.

• Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Katie doesn't think Derek is trying hard enough to woo her.  I hate to say it, but she isn't as hot as she seems to believe she is.  In New York she would be consider a 5 and in L.A. a 4.  I really admire her confidence.  

Came to say the same thing. That chick has some balls on her to think her sh!t don't stink. Wow. He has to "woo" her? Wow.

Calling her a 4 or a 5 is being very generous. When I lived in LA, she'd be lucky to be considered a 2. Add in her sense of entitlement and that makes her a ZERO.

Edited by LaLaLaLa
Punctuation
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, OnTime said:
1 hour ago, Liberty said:

I doubt it. The Matt and Amber train wreck was too good from them to close down.

If I recall correctly, they had a big, serious sit down with each participant in the apartment building common room or something at the halfway point and gave them all the chance to end it at that time if they wanted. Then they predictably shamed everyone (especially Matt, who already had both feet and his dick out the door) into seeing it through till the end.

Pepper tried to pull the same thing on Brandon last night by attempting to make him feel bad for wanting to leave and telling him it's unfair to all the other people who wanted to take part in the process. No, Doc - what's unfair is recruiting people from social media and dating apps who have zero interest in actually being married. I am not against recruiting in and of itself, but they need to weed out people who have their own exposure-driven agendas. I am still confused about camera-phobic Brandon's motives, tho. I think he wanted to be famous but didn't want any of his negative moments shown.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, sometimesjennifer said:

If I recall correctly, they had a big, serious sit down with each participant in the apartment building common room or something at the halfway point and gave them all the chance to end it at that time if they wanted. Then they predictably shamed everyone (especially Matt, who already had both feet and his dick out the door) into seeing it through till the end.

Oh yeah, now I remember that! They made it look like Elizabeth was going leave....

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Came to say the same thing. That chick has some balls on her to think her sh!t don't stink. Wow. He has to "woo" her? Wow.

Calling her a 4 or a 5 is being very generous. When I lived in LA, she'd be lucky to be considered a 2. Add in her sense of entitlement and that makes her a ZERO.

Yeah, why isn't she woo-ing him too?  Why is it all up to him to be a thoughtful spouse?  I'm not one that thinks Derek is great looking, but i still don't think she'd be able to get him outside of this situation. 

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, sometimesjennifer said:

If I recall correctly, they had a big, serious sit down with each participant in the apartment building common room or something at the halfway point and gave them all the chance to end it at that time if they wanted.

During the Philly season, in not so many words, Pastor Cal gave Kate the option to leave Luke, but she stayed.  That was the first time I saw a contestant basically being told that they were free to leave.  Given the way Heather was treated when she left Derek, it didn't appear to be an option.  

• Love 7

I gained a lot of respect for Dr. Pepper in this episode. She's the only one who cut right through Zack's mystic speaking in tongues and laid him out bare. She also handled Mike and Meka nonsense as best as possible.

Zack and Mindy

As mentioned Dr P got right to the heart of the matter, called Zack out. He didn't really commit to anything but she made it clear he's being a coward. Mindy is growing on me...I think she is really being the adult in the room between the two of them. She'd be justified to lay into Zach herself but she waited for arbitrators to come in and Dr Pepper was her advocate you could see her saying amen to every charge Pepper laid out. Zach did seem to enjoy holding his wife. However looks like that feel good movement is short lived.

Meka and Micheal

I admire their determination to make it work. Do these two ever hug? Kiss? Hold hands? It seemed at one point they were having a good moment when I thought he was going to show his woman some serious affection. Nothing. His credibility is waning fast. People who chronically lie typically have a back up lie ready to go if first lie falters. The truth of a matter is always an abstract to them. There comes a point you think God I hope they go separate ways.

Jessica and Austin

I loved what I believe it was Zach who said they shouldn't be the least ashamed there marriage has gotten off to a great start. They should be proud of it. They'll have their day but they have built up a great deal of good will, love and affection. Their future goals are similar. It would be a tearjerker if they broke up for some reason.

Derek and Katie

I'm not sure why this became a contest of his winning her affection. Its up to both couples to make the other person believe they are throwing away a great thing. By all accounts Derek didn't rape Katie so she made a decision as an adult to have sex with her newly wed husband. That's not a cross for him to bear. He made a decision to accept her decision. Own it Katie. Still I think they have a lot going for each other and the decision isn't to get married only stay married. 

Brandon and Taylor

I think she see's her 15 nanoseconds of fame light flashing...

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, sometimesjennifer said:

Then they predictably shamed everyone (especially Matt, who already had both feet and his dick out the door)

DEAD

20 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

During the Philly season, in not so many words, Pastor Cal gave Kate the option to leave Luke, but she stayed. 

Pastor Cal also told Jamie he assumed Elizabeth would leave after he called her a superficial c*nt (I would have). I think that was during the mid-season sit-down, although I'm not 100% sure.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Several random thoughts I came up with last night as I tried to stay focus during last night's episode.

1. This season will probably have the highest percentage of couples who did not consummate their marriage, 3 out of 5 (60%).

2. I noticed when the four couples were having lunch that the four women really good make up on, especially Jessica.  I wonder if the program provided make up people for them.

3. When Meka kept rambling on, I asked my wife if she talked too much.  20 minutes later my wife finished her answer which was "Yes".

4. This may be not PC, but I started grading the women's figure (neck down) and came up with this list base on my personnel criteria; 1st - Meka, 2nd - Jessica, 3rd - Mindy, 4th - Taylor, 5th - Katie

5. I'm really glad I DVR this program and have a 30 second advance button on my remote.

6. I'm starting to enjoy the Couples Couch program. 

7. Even though this season is a disaster, I still watch enjoy watching the show and will continue. (Do I need help?)

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

absolutely adore Austin.  He seems darn near perfect.  He and Jess seem to understand being friends, communicating and respecting the other, as well as being appreciative.  All the other couples could learn from them.  

I agree and hope they stick, but they remind me of brother and sister somehow.  I don’t like to see them kiss.  Will their romance turn into a smouldering love that two people should have?  The kind of love that you can’t wait to be together?  Marriage in the beginning should be like that I think.  Their love might be Luke warm.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he walked.  She is very smitten with him.  Maybe they’ll give it a shot .. I don’t know.  P.s.  I hate to watch people making out on t.v.  That exercise with Zack and Mindy had me turn away.  Mindy looked so needy.  He looked repulsed.  Marriage is so hard.  That’s why I don’t believe in this setup.  Mostly all of them are fucked up already.  How can they last?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I agree and hope they stick, but they remind me of brother and sister somehow.  I don’t like to see them kiss.  Will their romance turn into a smouldering love that two people should have?  The kind of love that you can’t wait to be together?  Marriage in the beginning should be like that I think.  Their love might be Luke warm.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he walked.  She is very smitten with him.

I agree that they aren’t particularly sexy together (or individually), but I do think they’re hot for each other - they’re just not public about it. She said they tend to keep intimacy behind closed doors.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Pepper at least held Zach’s feet to the fire. She should have done the same thing to Taylor. 
Maybe Michael taught a yoga class to his students with special needs once. 
I don’t believe a thing he says but Meka just can’t take a deep breath and let him speak 

That’s why Michael gave up from the beginning.  He can’t stand Meka’s voice scolding him, so he just gave up and said “ whatever”.  He doesn’t give a shit about her or the show.  He says or doesn’t say what he wants because he knows he will be gone at the end.  He doesn’t care if he lies or tells the truth.  IMO anyhow.

46 minutes ago, GettingGray said:

Several random thoughts I came up with last night as I tried to stay focus during last night's episode.

1. This season will probably have the highest percentage of couples who did not consummate their marriage, 3 out of 5 (60%).

2. I noticed when the four couples were having lunch that the four women really good make up on, especially Jessica.  I wonder if the program provided make up people for them.

3. When Meka kept rambling on, I asked my wife if she talked too much.  20 minutes later my wife finished her answer which was "Yes".

4. This may be not PC, but I started grading the women's figure (neck down) and came up with this list base on my personnel criteria; 1st - Meka, 2nd - Jessica, 3rd - Mindy, 4th - Taylor, 5th - Katie

5. I'm really glad I DVR this program and have a 30 second advance button on my remote.

6. I'm starting to enjoy the Couples Couch program. 

7. Even though this season is a disaster, I still watch enjoy watching the show and will continue. (Do I need help?)

We all need help.  It’s like a car wreck.  You shouldn’t look, but you do.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I gained a lot of respect for Dr. Pepper in this episode. She's the only one who cut right through Zack's mystic speaking in tongues and laid him out bare. 

From the beginning, it appeared that Dr. Pepper had Zach's number.  The experts seemed to know that there was a great possibility Zach wasn’t going to be happy with Mindy.  Last night, they showed the scene where Dr. Pepper pointedly asked him if a partner’s looks are important to him. When he responded, "I don't care about looks”, he appeared to have an "oh shit" moment and started to sweat.  It was clear that he was lying. And yet, they paired them. 

• Love 7

Taylor is a straight up asshole.  I mean, you were busted.  Just be honest.  Yes, I decided I don't like Brandon.  Yes, I posted that to spite him.  I'd have more respect.

Michael, why on earth are you on TV lying?  Would you want to hire him to front your school programs?  I'm doubtful he ever has been involved in the education system.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Meka has a right to be angry - Michael's a fucked up liar.

Exactly!  I can't believe people are acting like she's some joyless harpy.  My God, he basically told her she needs to fuck him during the honeymoon and then lied.  Then the lies continue.  I only fault her for giving it a chance.  He's shady AF.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
(edited)
20 hours ago, Empress1 said:

It’s possible that Michael is indeed a sub yoga teacher. I used to have a coworker who got certified to teach Pilates and once she was certified she started out on the sub list at a studio (I think she has a regular class now).

If he were a "sub yoga teacher," I would think people that work at the studio would know he was that.  Not to mention, there would be no shame is saying, "I am a sub teacher and I clean the studios so I can get more class time in..."  He's pumping himself to be something he isn't.  See also job opportunity he was going to make DOUBLE what he made, but mysteriously dropped out.

The thing is, his responses never seem to make any sense.  Not to mention, there's turnover but the person that was asked knew him as the cleaner.  The person was there long enough to know he cleans off hours, but not long enough to know he subs?  A lot of hemming and hawing then changing of subject to make Meka sound like she's not vulnerable damn it!

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 17
(edited)
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

That’s why Michael gave up from the beginning.  He can’t stand Meka’s voice scolding him, so he just gave up and said “ whatever”.  He doesn’t give a shit about her or the show.  He says or doesn’t say what he wants because he knows he will be gone at the end.  He doesn’t care if he lies or tells the truth.  IMO anyhow.

Michael's lies are pretty much to make himself look better, or not worse.  Why is he lying to the counselors?  About his pay, the new job, about his yoga instructing.  He's not just lying to Meka, he's lying to everyone.  ON TV.  

He could've copped to saying he wanted sex. Hell, he could've even said he was just joking and she took it the wrong way.  Instead, she's the liar.  He starts off their marriage that way.  

If he was just done with Meka "scolding him", he could do a Zach.  He could do a Brandon.  He could leave.

I don't understand why she's getting shit as if she's the horrible one to be around!   Is she supposed to be joyful to be paired with an ugly habitual liar who acted as though SHE was the one lying about the sex comment?  She can't trust one word he says.  Can you imagine being paired up with him?  I can't imagine any woman not scolding him.

(And sorry I am sounding like a dick cause you know I love you, SB!)   

Edited by sasha206
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20
39 minutes ago, sasha206 said:
20 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Meka has a right to be angry - Michael's a fucked up liar.

Exactly!  I can't believe people are acting like she's some joyless harpy.  My God, he basically told her she needs to fuck him during the honeymoon and then lied.  Then the lies continue.  I only fault her for giving it a chance.  He's shady AF.  

These things are not mutually exclusive. They are both horrible but for different reasons. Maybe she has a reason to be upset, but that doesn't make her fun to watch on TV and I sure as shit wouldn't want to hang out with her........

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I agree that they aren’t particularly sexy together (or individually), but I do think they’re hot for each other - they’re just not public about it. She said they tend to keep intimacy behind closed doors.

Also I noticed that she really likes his butt because she keeps slapping it!  😉 

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

A lot of hemming and hawing then changing of subject to make Meka sound like she's not vulnerable damn it!

Umm...I think that's "vennable." 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GettingGray said:

OMG, this had me giggling!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Good for her though!  It's actually refreshing to see someone have confidence, particularly since most would consider him the better looking of the two.  And you know what, if he's going to fall in love, he's going to fall in love with her because confidence is indeed sexy.  

• Love 2

While I cannot stand the way Katie acts I can understand why she acts the way she does..IMO. She only has brothers and has a very serious disease in being a type 1 diabetic. Most likely she was coddled and fawned over all her life. This is why she still has something for her ex because she cannot believe anyone would not feel lucky to be with her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

These things are not mutually exclusive. They are both horrible but for different reasons. Maybe she has a reason to be upset, but that doesn't make her fun to watch on TV and I sure as shit wouldn't want to hang out with her........

When she's with the other girls w/o him, she seems very nice.  I would bet if she were paired with someone like Austin or Derek, she'd be a lot more loving, sweet, fun.  Instead, she's gotta side eye that guy when he tells her the next lie and then tries to turn everything around on her.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I think he didn’t like Meka from the beginning and just biding time. Seems like he just doesn’t care what he says.

They are both such dysfunctional robots that I can see why they were matched but his compulsive lying is the deal breaker to me.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Also I noticed that she really likes his butt because she keeps slapping it!  😉 

Umm...I think that's "vennable." 

Giggles!  I love this board so much!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

There's a such thing as sexy confidence, however, to me Katie doesn't have that. To me it seems she has a self-important, cocky, condescending attitude I find very obnoxious.

I really like Katie; I think she's got a good sense of humor and men probably find her cuter because of it.  But I see what you are saying!

• Love 4