Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Discussion

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, SideofSlaw said:

Nice of them to not introduce Travis’ (probably) sister and there was no footage of anyone talking to her or acknowledging her the entire episode. How gracious of them.

Seriously, it was like the family had a groupie or stalker just wandering around and joining them. 

• Love 1

At first I was surprised at how silly and immature Katie acted when Travis showed up. But then I reminded myself that she had just turned 19. She is still a teenager and a lot of teen girls act that way around a boyfriend. Katie reminds me of Tori in her behavior while Josie an Alyssa were way more mature in their behavior and actions.  Either way it is just a matter of time before she is engaged if this is what Travis an Katie want. It will thrill Kelly and Gil. Another wedding to help the show rolling along.   

• Love 3
On 4/17/2020 at 8:11 AM, RebeccatheWriter said:

Four observations. 

1. Those girls went super vapid for that group ultrasound. With all the makeup, giggling, loudness, and silliness, I was clearly getting a hillbilly Kardashian vibe with Kelly Jo as Kris Jenner. 
  2. Tori did go to Dr. Vick at first with Kade. He told her about the low progesterone and said to call if she needed anything before she found a new doc in Nashville. So why wasn't she tested then? And since it is hereditary, shouldn't she have told new doc? Clearly Kelly lied about getting all the girls tested.
  3. How many times do we have to hear they are competitive? It has gotten to the point we have at least three talking heads per episode about how competitive they are at games. It isn't a big revelation. It is a game. Someone wins and everyone else loses. Not that deep folks. 
  4. Who was the extra girl with them. She was standing next to Lawson when Katie was getting pointers from Travis. She was too rounds and wrong face for Addallee or Ellie. She was next to Warden? and Tori at one point. 

One is only competitive as the competition... its not like they are competing against people who earned Div-I sports scholarships..Trace tried just that in b-ball.. a couple years back...

Trace - spending much time, working on your perimeter shot, on that court your family put in mostly at your benefit ?

I hadn't seen the episode yet (so I can't comment on the girls appx age) - but "she next to Warden" scared me for a minute until I read subsequent posts.. I know Warden has matured quickly in the last year or two, but I did think ... oh... not more potentials daughter-in-laws, already. Warden did seem like he had a plan for his life the last time I saw him - wanted to learn from Chad. A while back I thought I heard him say he wanted to join the service, but I am sure Gil put a stop to that..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

I only watch when I remember the show is in my DVR lineup. The episodes are so pointless. There's barely ten minutes of content after you subtract the commercials and interview blips, and it's always the same shit: courtship and babies. I think I've reached my quota on Basic Fundie Bitches. I just come here to enjoy the snark.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

My mother told me they went to Gatlinburg, TN which is not far from the Bates. Sounds like they had the whole family there. They went to a place with a rope bridge and other stuff you have to get to by sky lift and to Wonderworks ,a kind of a science museum. So I guess they got a freebie vacation. They stayed in a huge cabin. 

• Love 2

Yeah it was a really boring episode. Even though they went on a trip. It took ten minutes before they got there. They spent the time having everyone say how their all going and how so many people are going and on Trace who hurt his finger playing basketball or whatever I guess he's still on that team we saw him on years ago. Then the huge house they were staying in. But for being a trip we really didn't see much of a trip. There was the rope bridge, that tunnel or science place they went too and that spot I guess at the top of the lift where they took a family picture and did the gender reveal. Oh and the women went to lunch. So very boring.

It was also Kelly's birthday. Now nice she got a trip with the family for her birthday while Judson got to share his at a family dinner with Whitney and Brandon. I so hope he got to do something else.

They showed Kelly telling everyone that she wanted to leave to go do stuff while they were making breakfast. One of the kids I think it was Zach asked about it and she's told him to eat on the way. Awesome parent Kelly. 

Gil was way too concerned on that one ride where Katie and Travis were locked in as if they were going to possibility do something. Having Kelly assure him that there was nothing and no time for them to do anything during the ride was just as annoying. Here's hoping they managed to make out in that few seconds enclosed while spinning around. 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

My mother told me they went to Gatlinburg, TN which is not far from the Bates. Sounds like they had the whole family there. They went to a place with a rope bridge and other stuff you have to get to by sky lift and to Wonderworks ,a kind of a science museum. So I guess they got a freebie vacation. They stayed in a huge cabin. 

That is Anakeesta.  It is a fairly new attraction in Gatlinburg.  There is also the longest footbridge in the US that you have to take the Gatlinburg SkyLift to get to it.  We love that area but I am so glad that we have never been there when they were there.  That would really take all the fun out of our trip.  Guess OberGatlinburg has never offered them anything free, so they don't go there.  I love the lift to the top of Mt. Harrison.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, iluvobx said:

That is Anakeesta.  It is a fairly new attraction in Gatlinburg.  There is also the longest footbridge in the US that you have to take the Gatlinburg SkyLift to get to it.  We love that area but I am so glad that we have never been there when they were there.  That would really take all the fun out of our trip.  Guess OberGatlinburg has never offered them anything free, so they don't go there.  I love the lift to the top of Mt. Harrison.

Yes, we went to the footbridge last year. I was kind of interested in this episode because I've been there. I have seen the Anakeesta building but have never been there. The Duggars have gone to the area for their show. It's perfect for these families as it is conservative and family-friendly.

• Love 2

We had a mini spring break trip planned for Gatlinburg at the beginning of the month but had to cancel it of course. We go once a year but usually just for the day since it’s an hour away from us. This time we were going to splurge and rent a cabin. Anyhow, one year my 6 year old was really into Titanic so we went to the Titanic museum and followed that up with Wonderworks where the Bates family went. I also had a 1 1/2 year old in a stroller at the time and we almost didn’t make it through the door because she freaked the hell out at that dizzy bridge thing they showed them all walking through at the beginning with all the lights. We managed to make it through it’s actually a pretty cool place 🙂

• Love 3
20 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

They showed Kelly telling everyone that she wanted to leave to go do stuff while they were making breakfast. One of the kids I think it was Zach asked about it and she's told him to eat on the way. Awesome parent Kelly. 

Gil was way too concerned on that one ride where Katie and Travis were locked in as if they were going to possibility do something. Having Kelly assure him that there was nothing and no time for them to do anything during the ride was just as annoying. Here's hoping they managed to make out in that few seconds enclosed while spinning around. 

Zach's married to Whitney, so as an adult he should make his own decisions about breakfast. 

As for Katie and Travis, I can't remember whether the Bates rules are as dumb and infantile as the Duggars. Are they allowed to hold hands? Michelle would be freaked out by possible handholding. 🙄

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Zach's married to Whitney, so as an adult he should make his own decisions about breakfast. 

As for Katie and Travis, I can't remember whether the Bates rules are as dumb and infantile as the Duggars. Are they allowed to hold hands? Michelle would be freaked out by possible handholding. 🙄

It would have been nice if Zach remembered that and told his mother she's free to go ahead and go when she wants but their going later. Although who announces she wants to be gone in ten minutes when there's a cookie sheet with food on it that looks like its going its waiting to go into the oven?

True she did freak out when Ben and Jessa held hands the night before they got engaged at the restaurant.

• Love 2

Bates kids seem to hold hands even before courting. Not often, but I think I have seen it. But FTR, the Bates kids seem to have longer getting to know you stages than the Duggars, who seem to rush to the altar.

• Love 2

late to the party.. catching up on recordings... I see the Bates have turned into the RHO* with the fancy accommodations and the room assigning.

They must had a car dedicated to hold a few days of groceries for 40 people. Odd to see them cooking fresh green beans - I would have placed a bet on them using canned goods.

Sensodyne - how much did the cabin set you back for ? I hope you didn't think we missed that OBVIOUS plug. Never seen a person make such a big deal on tooth brushing...

image.png.f3b7f02046a1df70938cf6cc671312e9.png

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 4/24/2020 at 5:13 PM, BitterApple said:

I only watch when I remember the show is in my DVR lineup. The episodes are so pointless. There's barely ten minutes of content after you subtract the commercials and interview blips, and it's always the same shit: courtship and babies. I think I've reached my quota on Basic Fundie Bitches. I just come here to enjoy the snark.

I hate to say it but the previews on the movies that come on afterwards (my DVR gets about a minute worth) seem more interesting than the episode.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, sATL said:

late to the party.. catching up on recordings... I see the Bates have turned into the RHO* with the fancy accommodations and the room assigning.

They must had a car dedicated to hold a few days of groceries for 40 people. Odd to see them cooking fresh green beans - I would have placed a bet on them using canned goods.

Sensodyne - how much did the cabin set you back for ? I hope you didn't think we missed that OBVIOUS plug. Never seen a person make such a big deal on tooth brushing...

image.png.f3b7f02046a1df70938cf6cc671312e9.png

The price for a week in June is $11,480.93 but (it you can rent for a weekend in the fall-I chose 10/16-18) and that cost is $4,225.09 .  Still expensive for Fri-Sun.  The cabin is 11 bedrooms, 10 1/2 bathrooms and sleeps 43.  2 fire pits, private outdoor pool, 2 hot tubs, big screen TV and tv's in every bedroom.  Big theater room, ppol table, rec room, wet bar.  The house is over 10,000 sq feet.

You can find the information at Pigeon Forge Cabins or google Van Bryan Estate cabin.  It is a beautiful place.  

As for the teeth brushing, I can't say anything because I am one that brushes a lot also.

• Useful 4
On 4/25/2020 at 3:44 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Bates kids seem to hold hands even before courting. Not often, but I think I have seen it. But FTR, the Bates kids seem to have longer getting to know you stages than the Duggars, who seem to rush to the altar.

Go back and look at the pictures of Josie and Kelton before they were married. A whole lot more than hand holding going on there. Might not have been shown on the Tv show but in their instagram pictures. They actually look like a normal young couple. Who would have thought?

• Love 3

Kelly Jo did everything for that toothpaste commercial but smile at the camera with the little ding and flash of light from her brilliant white smile as she held the box up for us to to see it and have a web address under it for us to order.

I have been to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge many times in my life. LOL that they were acting like it was some big getaway. These people live 90 minutes away. I guess this was another one of those "rare" opportunities for the whole family to be together. I get that it is more dramatic for the camera for everyone to be in the same place. However, if you are wanting to bond with a family member - that situation makes it a bit hard. 

My father is one of 14 children. There are 38 grandchildren. I am number 38. I am also the only grandchild to carry on the family name, as none of my dad's brothers had children (most never got married). They used to have huge family gatherings with all the kids, grandkids, great-grandkids, and great-great grandkids. I don't know most of these people and never had a conversation with some of them. However, others I saw or still see on a regular basis. I know them and talk to them. One is a carpenter and did some work on my place. One is a realtor and sold my old house. One is a nursing assistant and I used to to tutor her kids for school.

I say that to say I don't see these giant family vacays as anything but another chance for Gil and Kelly Jo to show off to the public about their mega family. Kind of like the Duggars used to hand out pictures of their family to everyone who questioned why there were so many (cab drivers, random people on the street), I think the Bates like going places and having people stare. 

I was annoyed with Nathan and Gil making comments to Katie and Travis about being on the simulator together. Notice that they weren't making similar comments to Trace and his girlfriend. It reminded me too much of my grandfather on my mother's side of the family. She is the oldest of the children they had. At 12 she was invited to a boy and girl birthday party. He didn't want her to go. He lectured her for hours about not wanting her to play post office or spin the bottle. When he agreed to let her go, he went with her and watched the whole time. She already had a struggle socially because she wore a cousin's hand me downs and they had no money (lived in public housing). If they are "letting each couple define courtship, etc.," then why the overt gestures of control and fear? 

• Love 7

Have you seen the commercial for this week’s show?  I cannot figure out if it is the accent or bad editing, but o cannot figure out what she says after something about, “When someone offers to take your kids”. Is anyone else struggling?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, laney said:

Have you seen the commercial for this week’s show?  I cannot figure out if it is the accent or bad editing, but o cannot figure out what she says after something about, “When someone offers to take your kids”. Is anyone else struggling?

It's something about letting or wanting them to take them (the kids) for two days. 

I just saw the scene with Kelly Jo brushing her teeth.  Oh my Lord.  It would have been laughable if I didn’t become furious when TV shows openly treat me like I’m an idiot.  Gee whiz, maybe I’ll buy Sensodyne toothpaste because Kelly Jo Bates thinks it’s “the best thing she’s ever found” and Gil says that “it tastes good, too.”  I’d have more respect for them if they just looked at the camera, shrugged, and said, “Y’all bitches know we’re getting paid to push this, so just buy it.”

When Interior Decorator Erin was setting up the nursery, I saw a sign over the crib that said, “Beautiful girl- you can do amazing things.”  Unless you want to wear pants, hug your boyfriend with two arms before your wedding night, accept the fact that you might be attracted to women, or anything else that doesn’t jive with what the menfolk want.

It could definitely be argued that I was too grumpy to watch this tonight.  Well, I’m off to have a cup of Celestial Seasonings™, brush with Sensodyne®, and use my iPhone with service by T-Mobile until I fall asleep on my Beautyrest mattress.  Night!  (RARR!)

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

back to the  mega family vacation - when was the last time the Bates et. al, converged on Momma and Papa Bates?

Is this season leading up to Thanksgiving? I forgot what time of year/month they are in..

Oh, I forgot that they listed the time. I watched it at 11:30 pm Pacific time. Not sure if the ratings go that late, since UP broadcasts simultaneously nationwide.

(edited)
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I was amazed that her class only had four students. 

In a lot of health science courses, the classes are around 20. Different faculty work with smaller groups of students in lab/practical skills. The largest a skill group can be is 12 for each instructor. Most schools do 4-6. Then all the small groups gather together for lecture. 

Edited by RebeccatheWriter
  • Useful 3
(edited)

Michael(a) and husband's babysitting activities with the kids.....

Caramel apples for very little kids?   Really messy and a choking hazard.  Just stupid.  

Then he throws them in a dirty leaf pile near the side of the road.  Sorry, but these two aren't the sharpest crayons in the box.

Edited by Pasha Kitty
  • Love 4

The episode was pretty boring. Oh look decorating let's call Erin who only knows one design and makes Chad do something. I'm not even sure why she was needed in Whitney's case she managed to fix up and decorate her house. She can handle a nursery. Erin's plan for the 4 kids is crazy put them all in one room two in a bunkbed, Holland in the crib and Everly in a trundle that Chad made. Of course she did. But she had to give up the dressers! And she can't find a house that she likes. Although I am curious whether or not they can't find one or can't afford one. Their money still makes no sense. Where are they planning to put baby number five? 

Michael doesn't have to talk about her infertility problems but every time they feature her all they talk about how much she loves kids and is great with them. Then don't follow up on their infertility problems. Do they have no options or have they decided to not follow any or adopt? 

• Love 1
On 4/30/2020 at 9:49 PM, Suzy Rhapsody said:

I just saw the scene with Kelly Jo brushing her teeth.  Oh my Lord.  It would have been laughable if I didn’t become furious when TV shows openly treat me like I’m an idiot.  Gee whiz, maybe I’ll buy Sensodyne toothpaste because Kelly Jo Bates thinks it’s “the best thing she’s ever found” and Gil says that “it tastes good, too.”  I’d have more respect for them if they just looked at the camera, shrugged, and said, “Y’all bitches know we’re getting paid to push this, so just buy it.”

When Interior Decorator Erin was setting up the nursery, I saw a sign over the crib that said, “Beautiful girl- you can do amazing things.”  Unless you want to wear pants, hug your boyfriend with two arms before your wedding night, accept the fact that you might be attracted to women, or anything else that doesn’t jive with what the menfolk want.

It could definitely be argued that I was too grumpy to watch this tonight.  Well, I’m off to have a cup of Celestial Seasonings™, brush with Sensodyne®, and use my iPhone with service by T-Mobile until I fall asleep on my Beautyrest mattress.  Night!  (RARR!)

Thank you for all the recommendations! 😉 Tori and Bobby hugged when they got engaged and it was a real hug. The Bates seems more relaxed than the Duggars about courtship rules. (Technically most of those couples hugged too, but those hugs were forbidden and not part of the official photography.

13 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

The episode was pretty boring. Oh look decorating let's call Erin who only knows one design and makes Chad do something. I'm not even sure why she was needed in Whitney's case she managed to fix up and decorate her house. She can handle a nursery. Erin's plan for the 4 kids is crazy put them all in one room two in a bunkbed, Holland in the crib and Everly in a trundle that Chad made. Of course she did. But she had to give up the dressers! And she can't find a house that she likes. Although I am curious whether or not they can't find one or can't afford one. Their money still makes no sense. Where are they planning to put baby number five? 

Michael doesn't have to talk about her infertility problems but every time they feature her all they talk about how much she loves kids and is great with them. Then don't follow up on their infertility problems. Do they have no options or have they decided to not follow any or adopt? 

They have seen a doctor about infertility and it didn't help. IBLP is against adoption and the Bates seem to somewhat believe that. 

I agree Erin needs a bigger house. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

They have seen a doctor about infertility and it didn't help. IBLP is against adoption and the Bates seem to somewhat believe that. 

I agree Erin needs a bigger house. 

I had thought that IBLP would loosen their stance on adoption with the ousting of Gothard. However, they have strengthened it in some ways. The current line of thinking is that adoption is done by couples who have one or more children to bring the adopted child over from another country rather than allow him or her to be "raised by the Godless." When I went through my adoption process (twice), I met quite a few people who are similar in their beliefs with IBLP and some followers. I chose international adoption because of the rules in the state where I live that were made tougher to rule out LGBT adoptions (making it harder on anyone who was single). People I met through the adoption process were very much fundy and believed if they didn't adopt internationally, that these babies would be given to Godless couples. It was missionary work and rescue to them rather than building a family.

The idea stems from their whole system of beliefs that all things happen with God's blessing and timing. Infertility or fertility issues are seen as a test by God or him preparing a couple for something else in the meantime. Procedures like IVF, adoption, or fertility treatments are basically seen a mother and father not trusting God's decisions or design and taking such things into their own hands. 

Michaela said in one episode that she would be open to adoption and that they were considering it. Given later comments that Brandon has made about God's timing, I am pretty sure he's still very heavily on that IBLP train of thought. Maybe he will come around and think differently, but I think it would take a big questioning of faith that he is not going to do yet. 

Given that Brandon still does work for IBLP/ATI, he is unlikely to go against their beliefs even if that is the one big thing that would make Michaela happy and content. Even with him working remotely now, I doubt that their presence in Tennessee is permanent. I would anticipate that once the show is over (no more money from that) and Michaela is finished with school, they will head off to allow him to work more closely with their "ministry."  

I know it always comes up that Kelly Jo's mother adopted Beth and Becca. However, one should realize that Kelly Jo's mother is not a follower of IBLP. She was a divorced woman who chose to adopt for her own reasons. Second, by IBLP's current thinking, she already had children and chose to adopt - something allowed and sanctioned by IBLP. I don't know Kelly Jo's family situation, but it is very nontraditional to say the least. Kelly Jo was raised by her mother when the rest of her siblings went with their father. Kelly Jo was married with babies of her own when her mother adopted. Kelly Jo seems very stilted and strange with her siblings on camera. They seem removed from each other and their mother too. 

For example, in the episode where Kelly Jo's mother gets married again. Kay, who lives close to their mother and helped take care of her at times per the storyline, arrives at lunch with some of the kids and Kelly Jo/Gil. She then admits she has never met the man (Tom) her mother is marrying. That whole exchange struck me as odd. 

Kelly Jo's sisters seem quite normal. I wonder what they really think about her and her beliefs, etc. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

I had thought that IBLP would loosen their stance on adoption with the ousting of Gothard. However, they have strengthened it in some ways. The current line of thinking is that adoption is done by couples who have one or more children to bring the adopted child over from another country rather than allow him or her to be "raised by the Godless." When I went through my adoption process (twice), I met quite a few people who are similar in their beliefs with IBLP and some followers. I chose international adoption because of the rules in the state where I live that were made tougher to rule out LGBT adoptions (making it harder on anyone who was single). People I met through the adoption process were very much fundy and believed if they didn't adopt internationally, that these babies would be given to Godless couples. It was missionary work and rescue to them rather than building a family.

The idea stems from their whole system of beliefs that all things happen with God's blessing and timing. Infertility or fertility issues are seen as a test by God or him preparing a couple for something else in the meantime. Procedures like IVF, adoption, or fertility treatments are basically seen a mother and father not trusting God's decisions or design and taking such things into their own hands. 

Michaela said in one episode that she would be open to adoption and that they were considering it. Given later comments that Brandon has made about God's timing, I am pretty sure he's still very heavily on that IBLP train of thought. Maybe he will come around and think differently, but I think it would take a big questioning of faith that he is not going to do yet. 

Given that Brandon still does work for IBLP/ATI, he is unlikely to go against their beliefs even if that is the one big thing that would make Michaela happy and content. Even with him working remotely now, I doubt that their presence in Tennessee is permanent. I would anticipate that once the show is over (no more money from that) and Michaela is finished with school, they will head off to allow him to work more closely with their "ministry."  

I know it always comes up that Kelly Jo's mother adopted Beth and Becca. However, one should realize that Kelly Jo's mother is not a follower of IBLP. She was a divorced woman who chose to adopt for her own reasons. Second, by IBLP's current thinking, she already had children and chose to adopt - something allowed and sanctioned by IBLP. I don't know Kelly Jo's family situation, but it is very nontraditional to say the least. Kelly Jo was raised by her mother when the rest of her siblings went with their father. Kelly Jo was married with babies of her own when her mother adopted. Kelly Jo seems very stilted and strange with her siblings on camera. They seem removed from each other and their mother too. 

For example, in the episode where Kelly Jo's mother gets married again. Kay, who lives close to their mother and helped take care of her at times per the storyline, arrives at lunch with some of the kids and Kelly Jo/Gil. She then admits she has never met the man (Tom) her mother is marrying. That whole exchange struck me as odd. 

Kelly Jo's sisters seem quite normal. I wonder what they really think about her and her beliefs, etc. 

Let's not forget that Kelly had that infamous wall of Confederate generals in her house including Forrest who was the first grand wizard of the KKK and she was proud of it enough to post pictures of it on their website. When people started asking why they had all Confederate soldiers she tried to claim it was the "Patriots rooms". That didn't work of course and eventually she took down the pictures and eventually the portraits (unless they moved it somewhere that's never filmed which I wouldn't put it past them). Exactly how much of a great big sister could Kelly possibility have been to her two adopted African-American sisters if she had those on her wall? 

• Love 3

With regards to Erin and a house, I'm leaning towards they can't afford it. Fundie girls are all about one-upping. There's no way Erin would miss an opportunity to have a bigger and better house than her sisters, especially considering Chad can do renovations. It's not like they need a brand new place in an upscale subdivision. They could find a halfway decent fixer-upper and let Chad work his magic. If Chad is refusing to take a mortgage, they'll likely be renting forever. 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, iluvobx said:

I thought that Kelli Jo went to live with her father when her parents divorced.  I thought that was strange when it was mentioned.

No, she said in the episode where they go to her old high school and tour her childhood home that her siblings (Kay, Kim, and Chip) went to live with him and she lived with their mother. Given the time period, a man getting custody is strange. I've always associated her lack of having her siblings around every day with some of her weird vibes about wanting to be besties with her older daughters. 

The exact quote from the episode (Season 5, Episode 8 - Sweet Home Spartanburg) was:

"I was in the third grade when my parents got divorced. I lived with my mother and my siblings lived with my father. So they moved to Tennessee. I stayed in South Carolina with my mom."

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

With regards to Erin and a house, I'm leaning towards they can't afford it. Fundie girls are all about one-upping. There's no way Erin would miss an opportunity to have a bigger and better house than her sisters, especially considering Chad can do renovations. It's not like they need a brand new place in an upscale subdivision. They could find a halfway decent fixer-upper and let Chad work his magic. If Chad is refusing to take a mortgage, they'll likely be renting forever. 

They would be hard pressed to get a mortgage probably. He doesn't work a regular job and likely doesn't bring in a whole lot as a self-employed contractor. The UP money doesn't really count, as that is not what most banks would see as a steady income. 

Note the ones who do have a home have one person working a traditional job or did at the time of the mortgage. Zach, Kelton, and John (if they own) all work or worked for an actual company with steady salaries and benefits. 

I worked freelance with my writing for a while. Banks were reluctant to count that as my income, as it fluctuated so much depending on how many active clients I had or didn't have. I get money from my published books (not much), but I couldn't really count it either, as it too changed each quarter. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

The Websters rent but they changed the floors in their bedroom?  And removed the popcorn ceiling?  I'm guessing it is a rental from an individual, because most complexes don't allow  tenants to do those kinds of renovations.  Sometimes you aren't even allowed to paint.

• Useful 2