Type keyword(s) to search

Media for Good Sam

• Start Topic

With all that’s going happening at the moment I think I’d be shocked if this gets made. I’d love to see Sophia Bush get a starring vehicle after Chicago PD. 

• Love 1

Although CBS haven’t officially announced what they’re doing with pilots Sophia Bush mentioned Good Sam is still a go during an Instagram speech she was doing regarding SAG AFtRA contract. She said she was looking forward to shooting it once they got the go ahead to go back safely.

Another cast addition - Michael Stahl David.

Stahl-David will play Caleb, a cocky resident with half the experience but twice the confidence of the other residents, all who outrank him.

Wech executive produces with Urman and Joanna Klein via Sutton St. Productions and Davis.

Stahl-David is known for his roles as Kenneth in The Deuce and Chris Feistl on Narcos and for his work in feature Cloverfield. He recently wrapped a recurring role on Fox drama series Almost Family. He’s repped by ICM Partners and Greenlight Management.

https://deadline.com/2021/01/michael-stahl-david-joins-cbs-drama-pilot-good-sam-1234680690/

True although the trailer has me more intrigued as then I thought it would. It looks like a decent cast. The main thing going against it is it’s on CBS and I just feel unless they perform excellently in the ratings they’ll be cut quick enough. Also that it’s mid season but that could also be because CBS seem to want to put all their focus into their franchise series. 

On 5/20/2021 at 8:05 PM, Avabelle said:

I think it’s the big windows. The pilot trailer was a lot better than I expected. It looks decent. I’m disappointed to see it only got a mid season slot.

And patients in an aquarium gave me House vibes. Who knows, Castle, Buffy, Chicago PD and the very own Grey's Anatomy, all started out as mid-season. Granted, they are from other networks, but here it's Sophia Bush and, well, that's it. I'd take a wild guess on the show hitting at least 3 seasons. On a personal note, I'm not usually drawn to medical dramas, my only ones are Grey's and House, but I know I'll be watching Good Sam just because of Sophia.

I think CBS seems to be the toughest network to survive on but as the show is owned by CBS (I think?) that should stand in its favour. I wonder when production will start..

(edited)
4 hours ago, Avabelle said:

I think CBS seems to be the toughest network to survive on but as the show is owned by CBS (I think?) that should stand in its favour. 

Co-produced by CBS Studios, per the Internet. The bar is significantly lower for CBS owned shows.   It will even start with it probably getting a better timeslot and being promoted a lot more.  Tangible stuff too, like Sophia's face being on the sides of buses.  

Are they deliberately playing on the fact that "Good Sam" is common slang for hospitals named "Good Samaritan", you think?  I know it's the character name too...  What's the hospital called in this? 

Edit -  Lakeshore Sentinel Hospital, per CBS.  What a wasted opportunity.  Good Samiritan is SUCH a common hospital name. I'm supposing it was to avoid legal entanglements though... 

Edited by Kromm
30 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Co-produced by CBS Studios, per the Internet. The bar is significantly lower for CBS owned shows.   It will even start with it probably getting a better timeslot and being promoted a lot more.  Tangible stuff too, like Sophia's face being on the sides of buses.  

That’s good. Also if it doesn’t take off the way they want they can always send it to Paramount+ or CW where it might find a better audience. 

I think Good Sam is definitely a play on Good Samaritan as I assume Sam is always putting everyone else before herself.

The trailer is really good. The only thing going against this show is it being on CBS as I don’t think they’re as patient with lower ratings and the fact that there’s a lot of medical dramas out there at the moment. I really hope it takes off

Between getting Hilarie burton and Joy Lens to guest star as well as having the cast and crew on her podcast and all the various social media snaps I really feel like they’ve done all they can to promote this show. Its a pity it was such a dud as the cast and crew seem nice.

On 5/12/2022 at 5:52 PM, Avabelle said:

Well that a surprise to nobody. I wish the cast and crew the best in their future projects. 

Not the writers.  Those people deserve to never work again.  Ever.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1