Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: Ashley B.'s Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, Azubah said:

Oh, interesting, Dr. Now has started to point out that exercise won't do the weight-loss job. 

Sad but true. Exercise, even hours a day, doesn’t lead to weight loss without keeping your pie hole shut. Exercise is important, but it’s really about diet.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
6 minutes ago, Carboncat said:

Preliminary eating habit is beer and Safeway "Entertaining crackers"  I buy them for the name!

I love this more than my life. Do you enjoy them with Singing Cheese or Raconteur Salami?

1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

"The keto was altered."

"I added sugar, rice, cheese sauce, cream cheese.."

Cream, butter, more cream, bacon, lemon meringue pie, pancakes, and fried chicken.

• LOL 5
(edited)

I want to see Dr. Now's Booklet of Guidance and Wisdom. Yes I know there's a one-sheet diet sheet online that's supposed to be his diet, but that's obviously out of date.

Edited by Azubah
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

Her flat affect is affecting me now. I want to smack her on the head with the rolled up diet paper.

She aint going to do this at all, is she?

What's with two weeks in a row of flat affect?  It's rather mind-numbing.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Every single one of these heifers says "i feel good about the work I did" as they stuff their faces. 

I knew it.

Cow not heifer

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Concerned said:

Sad but true. Exercise, even hours a day, doesn’t lead to weight loss without keeping your pie hole shut. Exercise is important, but it’s really about diet.

Yeah. As they say, "You can't outrun a bad diet."

• Love 11
1 minute ago, 88Keys said:

Dr. Now's diet is low-carb, high protein, I think.  Sushi would be out because of the rice.  However, if you ate just the pieces of fish, it could probably work.  Like nigiri without the rice under it.

"But it's fraaaahed."
"But it's riiiiiice."
"But it's fraaaahed."

The husband and I do that back and forth whenever we order Chinese food for dinner. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Azubah said:

Oh, interesting, Dr. Now has started to point out that exercise won't do the weight-loss job. 

For someone her weight she will burn around 400kcal/mile walked. She is right now eating around 6000kcal/day. So to get down to 1200kcal/day equivelent she would have to walk 12 miles/day. She seems to struggle to walk 12 meters. Exercise is useful for weight loss for overweight people and healthy people but for people in this weight it is just irrelevant amount to weight loss.

• Useful 7
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Does anyone remember when Dr. Now wore a shirt and tie and sat on a stool in the exam room?  I long for those days.  I am so bored this episode.

Does anyone remember when most of Dr. Now's patients seemed to want to be there and at least made some effort?  I miss those days.  TLC is really scraping the bottom of the barrel lately.  And that is saying something, since this is TLC we're talking about.

2 minutes ago, Concerned said:

You can't exercise your way out of a bad diet.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I love this more than my life. Do you enjoy them with Singing Cheese or Raconteur Salami?

Cream, butter, more cream, bacon, lemon meringue pie, pancakes, and fried chicken.

Cream, butter and bacon are allowed on keto, but not poured over grits.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I really think they believe the scale is magical and not really connected to measuring their body weight in pounds and that wishing, pretending and lying does compute as weight loss!

• Love 7
Just now, FormeryHeavyJ said:

That guy with the soulmate in the Philipines has no neck.  It bothers me.

It's a specific spinal defect. I forget the name. Lots of discussion over on the 90 Day board.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Oh! So it's like a recipe on allrecipes.com

The review: "I changed the protein, the fat, added three cups of sugar, some chopped almonds, a handful of kale, and some fish sauce for zip. It was horrible, 0/10, would never make again."
Me, after reading it: "Um, it was a recipe for apple pie?"

I'm on a lot of cooking FB pages, and get emails/recipes from Pillsbury and Kraft. I swear, no one can make the darned recipe the way it's written. There's a guy w/a cooking w/Instant Pot FB  page and he says straight up - don't come at me about the food if you changed the recipe. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Her name is Tomorrow????  You mean this isn't Who's on First....600 lbs version????

There was a guy on The Voice the other night named Thunderstorm. (He was adorable, and really good.) One of his 11 siblings was PraiseJesus.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
Just now, 88Keys said:

You guys...she looks thinner to me.  

Well every time her sister brought her to the gym was time she couldn’t be stuffing her face, but she doesn’t look 80 pounds thinner.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Yeah I've posted this many times.  But it just fits so very well.

0194ebc26beaed6a78c051b607921bdc.jpg

OMG, I love it!  I was a huge fan of "Lost in Space" when I was a kid.

I remember my my mom buying my little brother a toy, battery-operated robot.

She complained that this cost EIGHT dollars!

I'm sure it would be a collectable now,  but if we knew then what we know now...

• Love 8

Exercise also has the problem people think they can have a reward and really overguess how effectice exercise is and burn off 200kcal and then as a reward go eat 2000kcal meal.

• Love 5