Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: Ashley B.'s Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Her being diagnosed with IBS should not be a game changer.  She had it while she was losing all along and never knew about.  What a convenient excuse.  She ain't fooling no one, not even herself.  WTH.

Right?  I mean, if anything, it should give her more incentive to stay away from unhealthy food.  I have IBS, and it's not that big of a deal as long as I EAT HEALTHY.

2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I'm sorry, I have IBS and having an ultrasound is  just plain odd, it's lower GI not upper GI, he should be looking at her gallbladder with an ultrasound.

I think they said gallbladder, too.  

2 minutes ago, DEG9 said:

about the same amount as she says 'stressed'

And "trauma."

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

Pride & Prejudice is my weakness... I love Mr. Darcey

Colin FIrth as Mr. Darcey was the ultimate. <swoon>

• Love 8

wI'm late to the snarkfest, and trying to catch up on chat while watching the recorded show. Dear Prudence, my kitty, keeps hitting the live tv button on the remote, which means I have to keep going back.

Anyhow ...

Did I see her dipping sushi in nacho sauce?

• LOL 3
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Are we not getting our inspirational park scene this week? What the hell, we figure out the formula and then they yank it away from us!

They never loved us. LIARS.

Oh wait, wrong show...

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

At least she ended with wanting to get back on track with the program and not 'go her own way'.  There is hope for her yet, and I think she could really benefit from some counseling...

• Love 8
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

Did she really refer to taking care of her own kids as "babysitting"?!

No....the "babysitting" was a bit of hyperbole from me. But the way the mom and daughter are raising baby...might as well be.

1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

The dimple-less one who thinks she has dimples?

Yes! It's not just me who sees that the parents who are avoiding her have not taught her the meaning of the word "dimple." Take a clue, kid. They don't like you.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Wanda said:

I think we should all file a class action lawsuit against TLC for wasting our time with the last 2 seasons of this show.

But it's not really about the show, for me, although Seana especially exasperated me.

It's about the community!  Good night everyone!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

I have stood next to Dolly.. and she put her arm around me. I felt like I weighed 2000 lbs and if I touched her, she would break into a thousand pieces.

I know what you mean. I shook Marie Osmond’s Hand once and it was so tiny and soft it was like a feather.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, aliya said:

I got some stevia to try it out and couldn't stand it. I don't care if Splenda is going to rot my brain, that's what I'm using.

So I tried to give away the almost full box o'stevia at work and no one would take it. I was surprised, because we had more than a few picky eaters, but apparently not that picky, or crazy. Take your pick.

Yeah, I cant do stevia either, yukky

15 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

I have stood next to Dolly.. and she put her arm around me. I felt like I weighed 2000 lbs and if I touched her, she would break into a thousand pieces.

You were touched by Dolly?!? OMGOMGOMG!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Are we not getting our inspirational park scene this week? What the hell, we figure out the formula and then they yank it away from us!

But they sat "outdoors" on the waste-bin area and batted about a ball.  Making Progress..

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Donut Bear said:

Come on. Who gets raped twice by different men.

My.mom was. Seriously.

Back in the 1930's and 1940s.  

She was waiting at a bus stop one night after work  and a guy grabbed her. 

Another time she was walking home in the sticks from  a date where the guy got too fresh and was assaulted by the guy who gave her a ride.  

She nevert told anyone back then.  

(edited)
3 hours ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

I wanted that for Christmas many years ago but it was sold out.  I think it was around 1971.

I think for me it was about 1969 0r 1970. because we moved out of the house I remember it in the winter of '70.  I remember picking it out (ostensibly for my brother) in the store and my mom's disbelief that a  "ripoff" toy could cost 8 dollars.  Allowance contributions may have been involved, but I'm foggy on it.

My memory is it moved its arms, flashed a red light in its grill and said "Will Robinson". Is this a Boomer moment or somewhat correct?

Edited by Carboncat
remembered something
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Carboncat said:

Yes, not to make snark about the "raped at 15" share (rape is never funny at all) but she uses this to justify packing on even more pounds for "protection".

Hello, you were already 400 lbs!  IT DIDN'T WORK! So STOP!

Logic and emotions are not always compatible, even in very intelligent people. 

Read best selling author, Roxane Gay's autobiography, The Hunger. 

She was gang raped by boys at age 11, I believe, and ate to get bigger so it wd not happen again. She got obese and is dealing with it now., i.e., trying to get healthy, in her 40s. 

She never told anyone either.  

So many victims blame themselves.  As do the police and the court system. It hasn't changed much.  

Edited by Tosia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Nutella is greasy and yuck !! Really.

Anyone else? 😶

Can't stand it. It is both insufficiently chocolatey and insufficiently nutty.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, DEG9 said:

sorry, but it does happen. It's like they put out signals, and the jackals and hyenas can sniff them out. 

Women, children of both genders, and senior citizens are raped and assaulted everyday.  They do not put out signals. 

Not their fault.

Those abysmal excuses for men will attempt to take advantage/hurt/overpower/ attack/rape anyone in their vicinity any time.  

I felt for Ashley and her kids.  

Logic and emotion are not always compatible.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Splashes said:

Why do these people have such flat affects. I have schizophrenia and put a lot of energy into expressing emotions and stuff to not have a flat affect but even when not Im not remotely as flat as they are.

Love snarking with you, and your brave, unflat self,  Cheers, and keep it up!

9 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Can't stand it. It is both insufficiently chocolatey and insufficiently nutty.

And not "hazelnutty" enough, for what it's worth.

• Love 1

Since this topic seems to still be open, I will venture this (admittedly distant) observation:

Ashley's hairstyle and her features remind me (kind of)  a Donna Summer wanna-be.

Summer of '79, painting Nile scenes on homemade papyrus in the coolth of the back can storage room in Fresno.  Also dreamed of medieval Europe in 110 degree afternoons.

"Hot Stuff" was on the radio.  It mildly shocked my grandparents,  Not to the point they made me turn it off.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Wanda said:

I lose a lot of empathy when they say they can’t take care of their children and want pity but they can spend time and money getting their fingernails totally blinged out and their boobs tattooed.

And getting eyelash extensions!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, umgoblue said:

Her weight loss accentuates her butt shelf...so pronounced!

Isn't this forum something where we can comment about "butt shelf" and all nod matter-of-factly because it's all understood?

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, umgoblue said:

She would give Annie a run for her money. 

Largest natural size bust:  102ZZZ, circumference 70 inches, 42 pounds, 3.5 FEET of cleavage...

image.png.dc41607e981588f3188bb9a8571316e2.png

OMG - I cant unsee that!

• LOL 1