Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: If You're Going to Drink, I Can't Stop You

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Steph J said:

I'm not sure what the funniest part of this Scheana/Charli/Brett conversation is:

Two things I thought I would never say about this show... the first, was that the funniest exchange of the night was between two newbies, Brett and Charli.  To paraphrase: 

Brett: I don't want to you have the last word and walk away making me look like and idiot 

Charli: (has the last word, walks away making him look like an idiot)

Now, don't get me wrong, these two still have the personality of a bag of hair, but I actually laughed out loud at this.  

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I still like Raquel. She is so sweet. She's trying to make a hopeless relationship work. I can totally see her leaving him if he doesn't clean up, she's giving him every chance she can right now to prove whether or not he can change

The second... I don't particularly like Raquel or James, but on a show where so many interactions feel scripted the issues between them last night felt very genuine.  I think he is/has been  verbally (and textually, is that a thing?) abusive to her, she finally reached awareness that this isn't right, and he was pretty ashamed about his behavior.   The real-ness of it caught me off guard.  

I had a friend who was obsessive and all-consumed about her wedding planning in the year before her wedding, as was her husband to be.  Everything was "my day, my week, me me me ".  By the time of the wedding I peaced out on both the friendship and the bridal party.  Britney and Jax are very much these people.  Just because you are getting married doesn't mean the world has to step out of your way to make all your experiences perfect.  Sandoval can be an ass, but why shouldn't he point out his problems with their unwillingness to drop the homophobic preacher until right before the wedding?  

Of all the newbies, I think Dayna is getting on my nerves the most, and that says something bc they all suck.  Clearly she is trying to step into the space of "cool girl"  a la Ariana, but really one Ariana is enough, Dayna is like a copy of a copy of a copy where any remotely interesting details have been erased. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, SarahPrtr said:

I realised that if the show gets another season, we will be seeing Jason effing Couchie with a fricking wedding ring!!! 

Or they could be divorced by then 😄 

• LOL 2

He’s totally going to be one of those guys that “can’t wear a ring because it bothers him.”  I know it’s a legit thing for some people, but not for this compulsive liar.  I can also see him slipping it off when he is out with the guys.  

• Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

That Kentucky castle looks awful.  Apparently it is named "Versailles" and they pronounce it "Ver-SAILS" 

The castle isn’t named Versailles, the town it’s in is named Versailles and that is the way the town is pronounced. The castle is very originally named The Kentucky Castle.

James need to be off the show. Him blaming Raquel for “triggering” him to send abusive texts is beyond the pale. It’s so vile.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

He’s totally going to be one of those guys that “can’t wear a ring because it bothers him.”  I know it’s a legit thing for some people, but not for this compulsive liar.  I can also see him slipping it off when he is out with the guys.  

Lol I follow Jax on Instagram and he is that guy. He was saying for a bit he wasn’t wearing it for the gym or something I don’t know the reason now. The guy is just a coked up sleaze. I feel bad for his future children.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I'm not buying the timing of the filming they implied in that scene. I think that was filmed after Lisa came back from the funeral. It's been publicly reported that

Hide contents

Lisa and Ken made it to the wedding after all.

I have a hard time believing she actually filmed for any period of time prior to her mom being buried. She could barely sit with Jax and Brit for 30 seconds, I don't think there is any way she drove into town to check on TomTom and film for a hot second. I'm chalking this up to production.  

Good reasoning.  Thank you.  I forget that the editing and production monkeys like to fuck with us.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

I’m sorry, that T-Sandy commercial was EVERYTHING!

Yep, just when Sandoval begins to really annoy me, he breaks the fourth wall for something like that.  But in many ways, it's TRUE.  Sandoval is an excellent "second."  He did a great job for Tom Schwartz.  Meanwhile, Jax is so busy being a self-absorbed dickhead that he's put probably the worst individual in the best man slot.  This is not a slam on Schwartz - he just never thought he'd be the "head" guy and would be following Sandoval's lead.  

Part of me would love it if they all get back to L.A., and the Royal Couple are no longer the focus of everyone's attention, walk into TomTom and get handed a bill for all the drinks they think will be free.

Oh and Cokehead and Attention Whore.  The nation is SOOOOO over you.  Next year will be all about Stassi and Beau.  And frankly I LIKE Beau.  

• Love 7

Katie in her TH shots looks like Ursula to me. With the bright red lipstick and the heavy dark eye shadow.

giphy.gif

Forget about summer body - she's starting to shape out like Jabba The Hutt. In regards to her TH shot - this is just not acceptable. She's not new to the show, she knows the ropes, she has access to some Bravo perks and/or she could afford a stylist/makeup person for the few days they film these spots. Allegedly her friends are Stassi and Lala - shouldn't your real friend say UM NO!!!! Do not go out in public like that

As for Dayna's TH - she gets a pass from me - cause she's new. The only person on that show she could ask is Scheana and Scheana would totally sabotage her.

As for Lala/Randall - if Randall were to lose all his money or be caught embezzling funds - Lala would announce she was mistaken and Randall is not her "soulmate". As for her sobriety - I don't know if that's real - Randall is a Coke Head and one of his main attractions to Lala is that she's a party girl.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I found myself fixating on odd things, like Ariana’s cosmetics collection.

Me too! This was the most compelling moment in the episode for me. And wondering if they had furnished the place yet.

6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Stassi seems very subdued this season. She's hardly given any screen time. Not even a birthday bash? How weird.  I guess all that will change as soon as we have the priviledge of watching Beau propose. Then the wedding/engagement/I am queen of the universe bullshit will begin all over again. 

Yeah, they are sure setting it up.  I was mostly nodding off during the show, but did catch someone say that Beau just fit right in from day one, or something. And I do think that Beau does fit and seems to have calmed the beast down a bit.  I wouldn't be shocked if they even got their own mini-show like Porsha from RHOA.  There would have to be absolutely nothing else on for me to watch something like that.

To me, the one that doesn't fit is the dehydrated Raquel.  No matter how hard she tries, she sticks out like a big dumb sore thumb.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Jezebel97 said:

Lisa was already back from burying her Mom when she was with Max in TomTom.

She was saying that she really didn't feel up to attending a wedding

I hold no brief for Lisa, but I fail to understand how filming (presumably part of a JOB that she is handsomely compensated for) makes her into a terrible person.  Maybe she grieved on more than one occasion?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Eh, I’ll give Lala a little bit of a pass on this one, as technically Lala didn’t know she wasn’t supposed to wear white to a wedding event, I think.  I didn’t know this was a party foul either.  I wore a white cocktail dress to my rehearsal dinner and if other people had worn white to my rehearsal, I would have been disappointed, but I wouldn’t have thought the person was violating a rule, even though I know it now.  (This is an aside, but I kind of like the women who wear white to a wedding.  You can spot they’re an asshole without having to go through a conversation).  

Yeah isn't it ok to wear white at the rehearsal /rehearsal dinner?  I don't think that is wrong.

3 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

I'm not a dermatologist, but did work in both adult and children's burn units, so know a lot about skin and regeneration.  Don't bother with so-called preventative botox.  No amount of botox is going to prevent or undo an unhealthy lifestyle and it won't be anywhere near as effective as... Sunscreen!!!  It's silly for me to get upset about strangers, but it still makes me extremely uncomfortable when people, mostly women, spend soooooooooo much money on beauty products, most of which are completely and utterly useless.

It is ridiculous and very sad how much money people pay for totally useless products.  I used to waste an insane amount of money, I finally learned!

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, lizajane said:

To me, the one that doesn't fit is the dehydrated Raquel.  No matter how hard she tries, she sticks out like a big dumb sore thumb.

She's continually complaining about James, and as many have pointed out, he can be verbally abusive for sure.  So she makes sure everyone hears about how awful James is to her.  Okay, fine.  LEAVE.  But she won't -yet.  She works at SUR to keep herself on the show (but notice she is NOT in the opening credits even though the three newbies are).  She's working overtime to secure her spot on the show with "the girls" so that when she leaves James she'll still have that VPR money.  I believe Lala still loathes her, correct?  Or have I missed a reconciliation.  She isn't going to be one of them if Lala of the private jet-worthy BJ's says no. 

Once she and James are kaput, I predict all we'll see of her is when she passes by Scheana on the SUR floor.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

About Raquel:

giphy.gif

Does that count?

Yea...no.  Methinks Lala the Kept Chickie is not going to make overtures to the AirBnBrain known as Raquel if she doesn't have to.  And there's no need to keep this human sleeping pill around if she's not hooked up with a cast member.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I'm not buying the timing of the filming they implied in that scene. I think that was filmed after Lisa came back from the funeral.

I went back and re-watched the scene, and if the funeral already happened, Lisa is a huge liar by omission and a really fucked up person. 

The scene, on re-watch, totally suggested the funeral was in the future.  They play sad music, Nathalie comes over, says how sorry she is, gives Lisa the photos, Lisa looks at the photos and Nathalie asks Lisa if Lisa is “going to go to England”, Lisa responds, “Oh, I have to,” Nathalie asks about the wedding, and Lisa replies, “I can’t dictate when the funeral is...I’ve just got to do what I’ve got to do, you know?”

I have no words for how crazy it is to film a reality show and fake a scene about your mom’s death like that.  I had to rewatch, because I wasn’t sure exactly what was said—I thought it was maybe just Lisa acting vaguely sad about her mom and looking at photos, but she clearly implied the funeral would be at a point in the future.  If it is true that the funeral already happened, she’s trading on her mom’s dead memory so as to create drama around “will she or won’t she” attend a trashy wedding of her former and current employees, so that her show can stay on the air, so that she can get more free publicity for her shitty restaurants where she sells factory farmed meat while pretending to be an animal activist, so that she can make even more money.

I know I posted about this already.  I just cannot believe just how dishonest the scene was if the funeral had already happened.  If it didn’t already happen, it’s also pretty gross, but it’s on a level of gross I’ve come to expect from Lisa by now.  If it already happened, it is the trashiest thing I may have ever seen on this show.  Even Jason Cauchy and Lauren Birmingham, who milked their collective dads’ deaths pretty hard, didn’t film a fake fucking scene to garner sympathy and attention.  

Everything Lisa wanted to express could have been expressed in the scene she filmed at the end of the episode with Max, which seemed totally appropriate.  But the failed soap star who conveniently fainted into her partner’s arms on Dancing With The Stars doesn’t really do appropriate when she has the opportunity to make us lavish attention upon her.

@heatherchandler, I looked up the etiquette on bridal events, and there’s info all over the place.  Emily Post is allegedly saying it’s ok to wear white to a wedding as long as it doesn’t look like a wedding dress, and The Knot says it’s “probably” appropriate for a bridal shower, but wearing white to the rehearsal depends on the bride (basically, if the bride is a bitch, don’t step on her toes, which would kind of make me want to wear white more lol).  If it’s in the spring/summer season, people are going to wear white, so I will just agree with you that it’s probably not right for weddings, but everything else is fair game.  Plus, Lala had polka dots, so that should count for something I guess.  I think it’s less about white vs ivory vs bone and more about whether someone who is trying to upstage the bride, which is usually pretty easy to tell.  

• Love 4
(edited)

I mean, this is the same show that this season alone had Ariana re-film the scene with Lisa in the first episode when she asks for her job back (Ariana's hair changes length and colour randomly throughout the scene) and had Tom Sandoval and Stassi film and re-film and re-film the How dare you?!?! finger pointing scene. Filming LVP out of order to fill in gaps isn't anything big. 

I don't get why LVP filming out of order is such a pearl-clutching moment but the pastor getting a platform for his hatred is a "Eh, whatevs, he's just religious, y'all" moment.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

I don't get why LVP filming out of order is such a pearl-clutching moment but the pastor getting a platform for his hatred is a "Eh, whatevs, he's just religious, y'all" moment.

Well, apparently it’s moot, as Lisa didn’t film the scene out of order, which is a relief.

For me, it comes down to morals and values.  I mean, rhetoric aside, I have a strong negative reaction when I feel someone is attempting to capitalize on another person’s death, especially if that person isn’t a public figure.  If the person in question continues to attempt to enjoy goodwill, then I’ll call attention to it.  If someone just wants to be slimy, be slimy!  I don’t care about the paps who publish pictures of people at funerals or leaving AA meetings, because that is their job—to be slimy for our consumption!  Lisa made two deaths of family members a storyline in the last year or so, and I am pointing out that this makes her kinda gross and not someone I would want to know.  Other people can want to know her.  I’m just observing that her mask is slipping quite rapidly.

So I don’t believe in sensationalizing death and then enjoying a good moral reputation.  It’s one or the other to my sensibilities.

I am also a strong believer in individual freedom and expression of thought, and I will defend it to the end, so if Ryan Dotson is genuine in his beliefs, I support his right to express them, just like I support the right to express all viewpoints that aren’t an active call to violence.  

I don’t see any cognitive dissonance here.  Each person should be free to express themselves, and each person should be prepared to face the consequences of their expression.  That’s liberty.  

• Love 6
(edited)
13 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

For me, it comes down to morals and values.

It's okay to spread hate about same sex love but it's not okay to film a scene about someone's relative passing, whether in or out or order? That's an interesting view.

13 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

So I don’t believe in sensationalizing death and then enjoying a good moral reputation.

Nothing about this sensationalized death. No matter what order it was filmed in, it didn't sensationalize death. 

Edited by Callaphera
removed some snark that shouldn't have been there
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
(edited)
11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Stassi seems very subdued this season. She's hardly given any screen time. Not even a birthday bash? How weird.  I guess all that will change as soon as we have the priviledge of watching Beau propose. Then the wedding/engagement/I am queen of the universe bullshit will begin all over again. 

Stassi had to film in between her sisters wedding and Britney's wedding and do book stuff/podcast stuff, so she basically said on her podcast she was too busy at the time to even consider doing a birthday party at all.  Girl has been hustling so hard with her book and podcast that I feel she is working the hardest out of all of them.  What I'm curious to see is what happens at the wedding that leads to Kristen not being at her proposal after party at Lisa's, because shit went down.   

Plus she got off the Adderall to kill the Dark Passenger so...  who knows if that's part of it.  

Edited by vmarsissmart
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

It's okay to spread hate about same sex love but it's not okay to film a scene about someone's relative passing, whether in or out or order? That's an interesting set of morals and values.

I understand that’s your opinion, and I believe you hold it in good faith.  I have no inclination about changing your mind.

It just has zero bearing on my opinion.  I form my opinions based on the extrinsic evidence, the alternatives, and the cost.   I’m just not sure I completely understand the rhetoric and the tone.  Why should we scrap when there is so much left on which to snark? 🤔 I’d rather talk about what a twit Charli is for sweating into a damned tube top and returning it, ugh, girl! They don’t tip over at SUR?

4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Nothing about this sensationalized death. 

Objection, Your Honor!  Counsel is stating opinion as fact! 😃

Let’s just break the tension and agree to disagree.  It’s as good a time as any to namaste.  

43BC4940-C639-45B2-BDB0-0729B917CD92.gif.adc0e6b57a0493cb81a839817fc6db46.gif

• Love 2
(edited)
43 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I’m just not sure I completely understand the rhetoric and the tone.

Hi, I'm a bisexual woman. You're rubber stamping someone's beliefs that I'm what's wrong with the world, that I'm an evil hateful being because I don't just enjoy the love of men. You're rubber stamping the belief that my transgender friends are what's wrong with the world and darn it, if their daddies had just played more football with them, everyone would be just fine and don't you dare use the bathroom that you believe in your very core you should (these opinions are taken directly from the pastor's social media postings). IMO, by playing devil's advocate or saying "well, he should be allowed to speak his hateful words", you're agreeing with his opinion because you're not speaking out about it, you're treating it with a respect that it doesn't deserve. So long as it doesn't end in violence, right? But you're not taking into account the hurt and pain it causes someone to hear that said about them. Do you understand how damaging that is to a person? But it's not physical violence so it's fine. I have to assume that if you're not against it, you're with it. 

I miiiight get a little testy about that, yeah. Freedom of speech, though, let's make sure all people saying hateful damaging things have a platform!

Let’s just break the tension and agree to disagree.  It’s as good a time as any to namaste.

No thank you. 

ETA:

Objection, Your Honor!  Counsel is stating opinion as fact! 😃

You like dictionary definitions. So, the definition for "sensationalize":  to describe or show something in a way that makes it seem more shocking than it really is. Another definition: present information about (something) in a way that provokes public interest and excitement, at the expense of accuracy. I guess you can argue the potential of the accuracy but "public interest" or "excitement" is really pushing it, I'd think. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The castle isn’t named Versailles, the town it’s in is named Versailles and that is the way the town is pronounced. The castle is very originally named The Kentucky Castle.

I was just going off what Britney said in a podcast.  I don't remember which one, but she called it Versaille castle (she may have said Castle of/in Versaille), and then clarified that everyone calls it VerSAILS.  I think she thinks that this is funny, or endearing.  That the town mis-pronounces the name.  And no one has stood up in a town meeting or something to say, hey guess what, it is actually not pronounced this way!  It's like saying "I'm from Illinois" and pronouncing the "s."  It's not correct!

15 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I have no words for how crazy it is to film a reality show and fake a scene about your mom’s death like that.  I had to rewatch, because I wasn’t sure exactly what was said—I thought it was maybe just Lisa acting vaguely sad about her mom and looking at photos, but she clearly implied the funeral would be at a point in the future.  If it is true that the funeral already happened, she’s trading on her mom’s dead memory so as to create drama around “will she or won’t she” attend a trashy wedding of her former and current employees, so that her show can stay on the air, so that she can get more free publicity for her shitty restaurants where she sells factory farmed meat while pretending to be an animal activist, so that she can make even more money.

This right here!  It is SO gross, and I expect nothing less from Lisa.  She is beyond fake.

12 hours ago, vmarsissmart said:

Stassi had to film in between her sisters wedding and Britney's wedding and do book stuff/podcast stuff, so she basically said on her podcast she was too busy at the time to even consider doing a birthday party at all.  Girl has been hustling so hard with her book and podcast that I feel she is working the hardest out of all of them.  What I'm curious to see is what happens at the wedding that leads to Kristen not being at her proposal after party at Lisa's, because shit went down.   

Plus she got off the Adderall to kill the Dark Passenger so...  who knows if that's part of it.  

I attempted to read her book, it is awful.  I used to listen to her podcast but from what I have seen, she has Beau on a lot and I cannot stand him.  Why is she trying to make Beau happen?  

Once this show shifts into Stassi Getting Married, I will be shifting away.  I can barely tolerate the Jax and Brittney show, I know I will not be able to stomach the Stassi and Beau Show.

I hate how Stassi and Katie treat Kristen, I am not down for watching them gang up on her.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

43BC4940-C639-45B2-BDB0-0729B917CD92.gif.adc0e6b57a0493cb81a839817fc6db46.gif

Oh my god, my husband and I joke about this scene all the time!  Whenever one of us gets pissed off about something, the other one says "I'm going to go and take an angry nap."

47 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I was just going off what Britney said in a podcast.  I don't remember which one, but she called it Versaille castle (she may have said Castle of/in Versaille), and then clarified that everyone calls it VerSAILS.  I think she thinks that this is funny, or endearing.  That the town mis-pronounces the name.  And no one has stood up in a town meeting or something to say, hey guess what, it is actually not pronounced this way!  It's like saying "I'm from Illinois" and pronouncing the "s."  It's not correct!

Or the 's' at the end of Arkansas... Or how lots of people outside of the US think Tucson is pronounced Tuck-son.

I know there's a town in Connecticut called Darien and most people outside of the town pronounce it with the stress on the first syllable, but the locals pronounce it like 'derry-ann.' with the stress on the second syllable.

47 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I attempted to read her book, it is awful. 

Really?  That actually surprises me because despite her often-awful personality, she seems intelligent with a sarcastic sense of humour.  What a let-down.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Even Jason Cauchy and Lauren Birmingham, who milked their collective dads’ deaths pretty hard, didn’t film a fake fucking scene to garner sympathy and attention.  

I bet they would have if they had their own shows 😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, SarahPrtr said:

Really?  That actually surprises me because despite her often-awful personality, she seems intelligent with a sarcastic sense of humour.  What a let-down.

I was disappointed.  I didn't expect anything mind-blowing, but I expected a lot more from her.  I used to love her macabre humor and her wit.  I also find her not funny at all this season in her talking heads.  

It is mostly just insufferable, eye-rolling-worthy nonsense - she says that her teachers called her mom and dad to tell them that other parents were complaining that their kids were not getting enough attention, because Stassi was getting SO MUCH attention.  🙄

She makes lists, which annoys me in books, and the first list states that she likes spray tans, sex and the city and photo booths... I mean, I almost fell asleep writing that.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

That the town mis-pronounces the name.  And no one has stood up in a town meeting or something to say, hey guess what, it is actually not pronounced this way!  It's like saying "I'm from Illinois" and pronouncing the "s."  It's not correc

The town was named in 1792 so if there was a meeting it was a hell of a long time ago. It’s hardly the only city named after another place with a different pronunciation.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

The town was named in 1792 so if there was a meeting it was a hell of a long time ago. It’s hardly the only city named after another place with a different pronunciation.

But they are pronouncing it incorrectly.  I didn't think that was up for debate - Versailles is a word, with a proper pronunciation.  Can we agree on that?

There are some words that can go wither way - Houston, TX vs Houston Street (the street was named for William Houstoun).  But Versailles is a french word, and it has a proper pronunciation.  I don't think there is a gray area here.  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Can we agree on that?

No. It has a proper pronunciation in French. Pronunciation of words change when they switch languages and countries and it is not at all uncommon. It’s not even the only Versailles in the US pronounced that way., so are the other two. There are regional pronunciations of words in most languages around the world. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Katie in her TH shots looks like Ursula to me. With the bright red lipstick and the heavy dark eye shadow.

giphy.gif

Forget about summer body - she's starting to shape out like Jabba The Hutt. In regards to her TH shot - this is just not acceptable. 

Oh my God, this is so funny!  It actually looks like Katie to me!  Something about the smirk.  

TBH, I haven’t really been checking for Katie’s body, but I noticed that Tom Schwartz, formerly of the dad bod, had hella cut cheekbones in the scene where Stassi was announcing she wasn’t going to have a birthday party.  I don’t go on Insta, but I know that Katie and him post about going to the gym a lot, so I kind of just made a generalization without really checking out the undercarriage.

I kind of like Katie’s body this season.  She isn’t a stick like she was when she had that awful orange hair in season two, but she looks strong and healthy to me.  But the fact that I identify her with a picture of Ursula, just goes to show that a sucky personality has a way of filtering to the outside.  

2 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

Oh my god, my husband and I joke about this scene all the time!  Whenever one of us gets pissed off about something, the other one says "I'm going to go and take an angry nap."

OMG, I could talk AR for days, but it’s not on topic, so I’ll just say that my husband and I find aid and comfort in the Funkes, especially Tobias.  I frequently find myself saying, “make a mistake once, you shan’t make it a-GAIN.”

I think this does relate to the episode though—these people could take a page out of not making the same mistakes all the time.  How many times is Scheana going to fall for the wrong guy and then compound it by not getting up?  How many times is Jax going to say/do something really beyond stupid and apologize all faux-sincerely (ditto for James)?  

I can’t believe how much I hate Jax and Brittney, and I can admit this now—I used to sort of ‘ship them, because I thought they were the only damned people on the show who weren’t ironic, but I realized there are worse things to be.  In addition to the Witches, my esteem in Tom Schwartz has also gone up this season, simply because there is no one else to root for anymore, and I definitely like Lala a lot better without James as her sidekick, but...she has work to do.  

You know how you’re not supposed to move if you’re confronted in the woods by a wild animal?  I’m hoping that if I ignore the new people as much as possible, they’ll just go away and won’t be at the reunion or ever mentioned a-GAIN.  Sort of like Judy, the sister who was vanished from Family Matters.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

“Yay for me being born!!” and Ariana trying to advise/protect Raquel regarding James’s rage/substance-fueled, psychotic texts made me like Ariana a scooch. I have no patience for anyone over the age of 21 believing that his/her birthday merits such worship, prioritizing and celebration.

• Love 2
On 3/4/2020 at 2:19 PM, SarahPrtr said:

2. Wear sunscreen and reapply throughout the day, no exceptions!  Not only to slow down ageing, but to prevent skin cancer! CANCER!

OK, this is a goofball question, but if I wear make up, how do I reapply sunscreen?  I'm honestly asking, not being snarky.  I have treated my skin like shit for 45 years, and I'm terrified of the day it catches up with me.  I must have amazing genetics, because I smoked, drank, didn't wear sunscreen EVERY for the first 20 years of my life, have had more sunburns than I can count, slept in my make up, didn't drink water, tanning beds, you NAME it, I did it.  And people still think I'm about 10 years younger than I really am.  But I know one day I'm going to wake up and have aged 25 years overnight.

OK, Charli is a nitwit of the highest order, but she burned the FUCK out of Brett.  When he said, "I don't want you to get the last word and make me look like an idiot," and she said, "So write about in your diary," and walked away leaving him looking like an idiot, I legit laughed out loud.  That was truly first class.

Lala this season is interesting to me.  I am honestly amazed at how after she quit drinking, she seems completely comfortable being around all the other chuckfucks getting hammered, and you can't tell me for a second she didn't know Randall was doing coke with Jax at the dinner last episode. I've just found that normally people who quit drinking seem a lot more like James did at the party in this episode, extremely uncomfortable being around people drinking when they are not.  

And this may make me a party of one, but I actually think she loves Randall.  Now, do I think she would have fallen for him if he wasn't loaded?  Nopity nope, I do not.  Do I think she would stay with him if he lost his money?  That's a better question, but one hard to answer.  For one thing, it's not a zero sum game.  Randall would be a different person if he were poor and struggling to make ends meet and pay child support and just all the other pressures that come with being a "regular" person, much less a poor one.  His bank account wouldn't be the only thing that would change about him.  That said, I think she probably would leave him at the end of the day if he lost it all.  But that doesn't mean she doesn't genuinely love him today, and I see more affection and friendliness (as in they seem like they actually like each other and are friends with each other) between them than I do most of the couples on this show.  But maybe she's just a better actress than I give her credit for - obviously a true sugar baby wouldn't let the mask slip on TV.  

I'm not saying I actually Lala, that would be going too far.  But I find her interesting, and in my TV characters, that's sometimes better than just likable.  I'm watching the fools on my tv, not inviting them into my home.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 12:55 PM, heatherchandler said:

That Kentucky castle looks awful.  Apparently it is named "Versailles" and they pronounce it "Ver-SAILS" 

Carter is not in the wedding, they were waiting for Rand.  He was probably running late because he was looking under couch cushions for money for fofty.

As someone earlier said, the Versailles is the town near Kentucky Kastle and I am not surprised it is mispronounced.

If they were waiting for Rand, then why'd they make LaLa rehearse with Kristen?

23 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Yeah isn't it ok to wear white at the rehearsal /rehearsal dinner?  I don't think that is wrong.

I'm no etiquette expert, but I assume it's to make sure no one upstages the bride or confuses you for the bride.

• Love 2
(edited)
20 minutes ago, lasu said:

Lala this season is interesting to me.  I am honestly amazed at how after she quit drinking, she seems completely comfortable being around all the other chuckfucks getting hammered, and you can't tell me for a second she didn't know Randall was doing coke with Jax at the dinner last episode. I've just found that normally people who quit drinking seem a lot more like James did at the party in this episode, extremely uncomfortable being around people drinking when they are not.  

I believe she still smokes pot.  She was on Heather McDonald's podcast (maybe last year?) and she said she doesn't drink but she is usually baked.  That is so true, sober people are annoyed and bored with drunk people, just like James was at the party.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, lasu said:

OK, this is a goofball question, but if I wear make up, how do I reapply sunscreen?  I'm honestly asking, not being snarky. 

It's a totally valid question.  It's definitely annoying having to reapply sunscreen when you already have makeup on.  The two forms of sunscreen for reapplication are powder sunscreen, and the ones that come in a mist/spray.  For the spray, I usually get the one from Neutrogena and spray onto my hands and lightly press on my face and it doesn't disturb your makeup.  I do 2-3 layers per reapplication.  There are other brands, but they tend to be 5 times the price.  If you don't mind paying extra, Goldfaden MD makes a non-aerosol bottle sunscreen which you can spray directly on your face.  Press into your skin after spraying.

The powder sunscreen is usually a mineral-powder type and Brush On Block makes good ones which you can brush over your face.  Here's a website for it, if you want to check it out:

https://brushonblock.com/collections/order-brush-on-block

There are other brands, so if you want to compare prices, do a search for powder sunscreen and spray sunscreen.

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 1:26 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I’m so sad that it took me so long to realize how much of a try-hard Dayna is.  She is the Alex McCord of this show.

BWAH! That's a name I haven't heard for a very long time!

22 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I looked up the etiquette on bridal events, and there’s info all over the place.  Emily Post is allegedly saying it’s ok to wear white to a wedding as long as it doesn’t look like a wedding dress, and The Knot says it’s “probably” appropriate for a bridal shower, but wearing white to the rehearsal depends on the bride (basically, if the bride is a bitch, don’t step on her toes, which would kind of make me want to wear white more lol).  If it’s in the spring/summer season, people are going to wear white, so I will just agree with you that it’s probably not right for weddings, but everything else is fair game.  Plus, Lala had polka dots, so that should count for something I guess.

LaLa was wearing a white polka dot dress? I thought it was a white fishnet material!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

BWAH! That's a name I haven't heard for a very long time!

LaLa was wearing a white polka dot dress? I thought it was a white fishnet material!

Lala’s outfit was not only white; the ruffles and fishnet made it seem “bridal.”  Not a good choice, imho.

Watching Stassi explain that she was too “busy” to birthday this year, I wondered if age was finally catching up.  A three day party is less interesting than it once was.

Jax is such a vile POS that the loyalty of his friends makes no sense.  I can only conclude that TomTom has a crush on him.  When will those three tell their bisexual truth?

Katy and Tom killed a lizard?

great parents... they will be great parents.  I dread that day.

Edited by SFoster21
Adding something
  • Love 2

Brittany is right in her pronunciation of the town in Kentucky...she would be wrong to use the same pronunciation if talking about the palace in France

Same logic goes for Notre Dame...the college isn't pronounced the same as the church in France

• Love 9

Although last week’s episode was called “It’s Not About the Pastor,” since the fight carried over to this episode, what it’s about is still relevant—and I agree that it’s not about the pastor. There was no reason for Jax to be THAT angry at Tom for pulling him aside and asking what was he thinking. Jax has been acting weird toward Sandoval this entire season—long before that comment. One of the first episodes during the Bubbas’ party, remember Jax and Tom sitting poolside and having a tense conversation about their (lack of) friendship? Jax seemed to think Sandoval wasn’t effusive enough about his impending nuptials and that Jax bought a house. I recall Sandoval saying that his buying a house was the only big milestone he was going to get since Ariana doesn’t want marriage or children. In general, Jax has been acting strange this whole season. I think it’s a mix of wedding stress, worry about the money they’re spending, and just overall jitters and fear of getting married. I think Jax might be turning on Sandoval because he’s jealous that Sandy is “getting away with” not having to get married—and the closer Jax is getting to the alter, the more he’s projecting all of his insecurities onto Sandoval. I also recently saw an article in which Jax said Sandoval and Ariana don’t have a “real relationship” presumably because there is no marriage on the horizon.

I thought they inexplicably invited the entire guest list to come watch a “pre-wedding” (rehearsal run-through), but, no somehow they have ~30 people in the bridal party?!?! That’s insane. Who’s left to watch from the seats?

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Pixilicious said:

Brittany is right in her pronunciation of the town in Kentucky...she would be wrong to use the same pronunciation if talking about the palace in France

Same logic goes for Notre Dame...the college isn't pronounced the same as the church in France

Is it Dame like 'same' instead of 'dahm'?  There's Notre Dame University in Australia, and people pronounce it like 'dahm'.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, SarahPrtr said:

Is it Dame like 'same' instead of 'dahm'?  There's Notre Dame University in Australia, and people pronounce it like 'dahm'.

Yes the American School is pronounced Note-er Dame (rhymes with same). I imagine if you went around pronouncing it the way it is in France you’d come across as a pretentious idiot. There are tons of reasons to hate Brittany, using the locally accepted pronunciation of the venue isn’t one I’m invested in.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Yes the American School is pronounced Note-er Dame (rhymes with same). I imagine if you went around pronouncing it the way it is in France you’d come across as a pretentious idiot. There are tons of reasons to hate Brittany, using the locally accepted pronunciation of the venue isn’t one I’m invested in.  

Haha, ever since I watched Showgirls, I pronounce Versace as 'ver-says'.

• Love 2
On 3/3/2020 at 11:35 PM, breezy424 said:

Oh, and explain me this.  Lisa is ok filming two days after her mother died to explain to Brit and Jax why she won't be at their wedding.  And then she has her business partner over to tell her how devastated  she was.  And then she goes to TomTom or whatever to check on things.  Maybe it's me but if I found out that my mother died, I would quickly be on a plane to wherever she was to make proper arrangements and follow ups.  Filming a show would be the least of my priorities.  I just shake my head.

On 3/4/2020 at 12:55 PM, heatherchandler said:

Lisa is a fame-whore, and doesn't want to miss camera time.

On 3/4/2020 at 1:26 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Ugh, Lisa is so gross.  She keeps filming these grieving scenes on different shows.  How does she think that makes her look?  Sympathetic?  Or like an asshole who should be on the flight to England already?  If the scene was shot after the funeral, and Lisa played along with her grief and omitted pertinent details so that production could place it wherever in the timeline they wanted...that’s twice as appalling.  It’s using your mother’s death as a distorted storyline now, which is veering into psychosis.  I’m not a public figure, and if I died and found out someone was capitalizing on my death as a plot device, I’d be mad as hell, in hell. 

On 3/4/2020 at 7:12 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I went back and re-watched the scene, and if the funeral already happened, Lisa is a huge liar by omission and a really fucked up person. 

The scene, on re-watch, totally suggested the funeral was in the future.  They play sad music, Nathalie comes over, says how sorry she is, gives Lisa the photos, Lisa looks at the photos and Nathalie asks Lisa if Lisa is “going to go to England”, Lisa responds, “Oh, I have to,” Nathalie asks about the wedding, and Lisa replies, “I can’t dictate when the funeral is...I’ve just got to do what I’ve got to do, you know?”

I know I posted about this already.  I just cannot believe just how dishonest the scene was if the funeral had already happened.  If it didn’t already happen, it’s also pretty gross, but it’s on a level of gross I’ve come to expect from Lisa by now.  If it already happened, it is the trashiest thing I may have ever seen on this show.  Even Jason Cauchy and Lauren Birmingham, who milked their collective dads’ deaths pretty hard, didn’t film a fake fucking scene to garner sympathy and attention.  

Everything Lisa wanted to express could have been expressed in the scene she filmed at the end of the episode with Max, which seemed totally appropriate.  But the failed soap star who conveniently fainted into her partner’s arms on Dancing With The Stars doesn’t really do appropriate when she has the opportunity to make us lavish attention upon her.

While I do believe LVP grieves for both her brother and mother, I find her on camera scenes to be insincere and staged.

I've watched her on both RHOBH and VPR where she has disclosed that she was NOT close to her family. The person she was close to was her grandmother who she called Nanny K. Her brother was a fuck up and her parents were incredibly cold - especially her mother. She made it a point to talk about this on camera saying she raised Grumpy Cat and Max the total opposite way her mother raised her. She raised them with constant affection and open love not aloofness and disinterest. She explained how both Mark and mom and dad were very private and would not ever be on RHOBH - like Reality TV was beneath them and yet Mark appeared on some reality show about rich men and their girlfriends.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

While I do believe LVP grieves for both her brother and mother, I find her on camera scenes to be insincere and staged.

I've watched her on both RHOBH and VPR where she has disclosed that she was NOT close to her family. The person she was close to was her grandmother who she called Nanny K. Her brother was a fuck up and her parents were incredibly cold - especially her mother. She made it a point to talk about this on camera saying she raised Grumpy Cat and Max the total opposite way her mother raised her. She raised them with constant affection and open love not aloofness and disinterest. She explained how both Mark and mom and dad were very private and would not ever be on RHOBH - like Reality TV was beneath them and yet Mark appeared on some reality show about rich men and their girlfriends.

Yes I remember this too, she talked about how she received zero affection from her cold-as-ice mom, and any motherly love was from Nanny K.  (Remember Nanny K, Kyle?)  🙂

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Pixilicious said:

Tomato, tomahto, potato, potahto, versails, versighs, dame, dahm...damn...let's call the whole thing off.  😉

15 minutes ago, SFoster21 said:

What was that scene were the girls were piled up and one was revealed to have her top bare?

A sneak peak of Arianna's birthday present? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

There are so many place names like that where locals, and in the case of famous places, everyone, pronounces the name differently than it should be in its original language. Case in point Los Angeles. It’s a Spanish name and should be pronounced Lohs Ahn-he-les but almost everyone all over the world calls it Las (like the Las in Las Vegas) An-Gel-es. Most native Spanish speakers from Los Angeles pronounce it “wrong” too. Sometimes I do hear people says “Lohs” but Las is still more common. At first I also snickered about Ver-sales (not Brittany specifically pronouncing it that way but the region) until I remembered the County I was born and raised in does the same thing with a Spanish word. 

• Love 5