Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: A Distant Echo

A mysterious live signal leads Jedi General Anakin Skywalker, Captain Rex, and the Bad Batch to a Techno Union facility where they make a shocking discovery! They get more than they bargained for when they find themselves trapped by Separatist forces in “a Distant Echo.”

17 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I'm intrigued as to why we're focusing so much on clones so far. The action sequence with the flying dragons or whatever was riveting and just stunning though. 

I really think its building up Order 66. Rex doubting the war, showing how much he cares for Cody and Echo. Seeing how much Anakin trusts Rex to let him in on his BIG married secret. Knowing how pained Cody and Rex are to be the survivors of this war-Order 66 is going to be downright painful.

Poor poor Echo. That was so rough. I cannot believe this animation-Echo looked absolutely emancipated and awful. I now what to go back and watch the Citadel episodes to watch his part in it.

I can’t believe Filoni had Obi Wan call out Anakin over his secret call to Padme. Anakin’s and Rex’s faces were PRICELESS. I now want Rex to show up in the live action Obi Wan show to see baby Luke. I hope it happens. 

• Love 1

I'm completely unspoiled as to how much the show will intersect with the movies and want to stay unspoiled. 

If they're going to go that far and have Vader end the show on Order 66 that's going to be fucking bonkers. 

14 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I'm completely unspoiled as to how much the show will intersect with the movies and want to stay unspoiled. 

If they're going to go that far and have Vader end the show on Order 66 that's going to be fucking bonkers. 

I’m unspoiled for this show, and I think that’s where they’re going to. Look at the clothes everyone is wearing-Anakin is in all black like he was in ROTS and Obi Wan was in his white outfit. They both have the hairstyles like their ROTS characters have. Padme looked pregnant in the hologram. 

They build up Rex and Cody, so Order 66 hurts more. We see Clones just getting decimated by the war, Rex regretting their actions, Cody talking about surviving the war. I’m sure Dave Filoni had an ideal ending for this series, where else would he end it but at the only definite place where the Clone Wars end-Order 66.

Vader in the movies is either a whiny bitch or an old man. We've only seen wreck-shop Vader in R1 for 25 seconds and maybe 4 minutes in Clone Wars and Rebels. I totally want to see him hunting Jedi even if it's only one scene. I don't think they should recreate anything from ROTS, but certainly there could be some post-ROTS scenes with Palpatine and Vader. 

Knowing how Rex does end up will certainly add some gripping drama if Order 66 kicks in. And how Ahsoka actually fits into everything. No offense, I hope the dual with Maul is the best one ever in the franchise, but it's not going to pack much of a dramatic punch. 

I was really surprised at Kenobi's snark about saying hi to Padme at this point. 

I'm assuming everyone watched Rebels. Do we have to add spoiler tags?

• Love 1
On 3/2/2020 at 10:52 AM, SnoGirl said:

Padme looked pregnant in the hologram. 

Yes!  I spotted that too.  I love the care the makers of Clone Wars have taken to includes hints at coming plot points that we (as omniscient, already-seen-the-movies fans) all know are coming.

I was afraid that the rescue team was only going to find Echo's brain in a jar, so finding him "whole" was a pleasant surprise.  But I'm not feeling too hopeful for his survival.

The references to other SciFi shows/tropes that I spotted in this ep were:

• The big, round, people-crushing boulder that could have been lifted right out of an Indiana Jones movies (I love, love, LOVE that some people cos-play as that boulder at fan conventions), and
  • The local "primitive" people riding flying reptiles like the natives of Pandora in the movie "Avatar."

The design of the droids in the installation surprised me.  I don't think I've seen anything like that in a live-action Star Wars movie.

Edited by WatchrTina