Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E16: Change Of Plans

• Start Topic

I really dont think that Delilah should be hitting the dating scene at this point. I think we have established that she is totally shit at romantic relationships, maybe its time to focus more on the kids and getting her own life together so that she can finally earn that Best Mom mug at long last? 

Eddies sister being around could be interesting, and I like them exploring more of his issues surrounding addiction. Have we heard much about Eddies family other than his sister? Were his parents alcoholics? His sister seemed to be alluding to some kind of cabin based trauma? 

So looks like Gary might have a new love interest, until he and Maggie inevitably get back together. She seems alright, but I cant imagine she will be around for very long, and her being in the service makes me think she might be another "lets deal with this social issue" character who exists to deal with some issue, because...it looks like the domestic abuse story might be wrapping up soon, and we need another issue off the check list. 

Yes, lets run into this potentially volatile situation with a violent person and a heavily pregnant women, as totally non trained professionals! It was also hilarious how Rome reminded Regina that they were told that they shouldn't get super involved in their birth moms life, and Regina is basically like that ship has sailed obviously. Them getting so involved really is probably a very bad idea, it certainly is in the real world, and I am still disappointed they went with them adopting a baby and not an older kid, but getting all up in peoples business is how the main characters on this show rolls, so I guess its consistent at least. I still suspect that this story will probably end with Eve deciding to keep the baby, but if she keeps the baby or not, I hope she says hi to PJ in the Land of Disappeared Characters. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I really dont think that Delilah should be hitting the dating scene at this point. I think we have established that she is totally shit at romantic relationships, maybe its time to focus more on the kids and getting her own life together so that she can finally earn that Best Mom mug at long last? 

This. She is just starting to recover from the fallout of an affair with her husband's best friend, was shocked to learn her teenage daughter was on birth control, and thinks now is a good time to hook up with a guy she just met at a bar? I can't tell if they're intentionally writing her to show poor judgement or if they think this is sane behavior. 

Is it safe to be living in a room with exposed insulation? 

Strange Derek picked up on the Regina/Wendy thing but didn't notice Eve's blatant comment about being in the bathroom for 20 minutes or even why Rome and Regina showed up at their hotel room unexpectedly. 

Rome: "It's legal jargon. Jargon? I think it's jargon."

Katherine could probably open up her own law firm just dealing with all the messes her friends seem to get themselves into. Well, if they pay her.

Edited by kazza
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
25 minutes ago, kazza said:

This. She is just starting to recover from the fallout of an affair with her husband's best friend, was shocked to learn her teenage daughter was on birth control, and thinks now is a good time to hook up with a guy she just met at a bar? I can't tell if they're intentionally writing her to show poor judgement or if they think this is sane behavior. 

Is it safe to be living in a room with exposed insulation? 

Strange Derek picked up on the Regina/Wendy thing but didn't notice Eve's blatant comment about being in the bathroom for 20 minutes or even why Rome and Regina showed up at their hotel room unexpectedly. 

Rome: "It's legal jargon. Jargon? I think it's jargon."

Katherine could probably open up her own law firm just dealing with all the messiness her friends seem to get themselves into. Well, if they pay her.

They have to make every man fall all over Delilah, not the first or last time it will happen. Remember the lost (for now) gas guy. His wife will pass soon or wake up, whatever soap direction they want. I thought the whole bar scene seemed so unrealistic. I wonder if Eddie was the first dalliance sometimes.

I liked the Katherine/Carter segments. Real emotion from him which is nice on this show.

Derek will back, I hate those hanging plot lines, but I guess that gives them something to do when there is a lag in scripts.

I like Gary's  new interest better than Maggie but we will see where it goes. I like the mom too.  Let Maggie go to Oxford and she can come back if they need her later.

I like Eddie's sister but since the writer always talks to much, I see a downward spiral and he said trouble with Eddie later. I know it's hard but it's nice to see someone do well.  I guess "Stewart" will be important in flashbacks later, maybe the sister saw things Eddie didn't or processed it differently.

I want to see Jon so badly next episode, I just don't want a Delilah/Jon dream because it will be another "live your life" scene and I love you, etc.   I really am interested in Eddie's encounter and Gary and I hope the children (but I doubt it) I have a feeling it will be it for a long time if any more flashbacks at all.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, kazza said:

Katherine could probably open up her own law firm just dealing with all the messes her friends seem to get themselves into. Well, if they pay her.

Now seeing Eddie's family has many, many issues. Hell, Katherine could also write a best selling book at this point. This is along the lines of: "You knew what you were marrying." Then again, remember, until Eddie came in hungover after Theo was born. That lead to Katherine being: "I've got to support us, my husband won't grow up and his family is all kinds of screwed up." I'm more surprised she just didn't dump his ass before Theo was one and took off with him. Then again, she would have been stucked with: "I'm so stressed now mom." Before he was in kindergarten. 

• Love 3

I was surprised that Katherine quit her job. Of all the characters on the show, she is the one who is the most methodical and careful (and the least impulsive). I loved that she ended up doing it because she loves Carter, but this was another good example of someone who was wiling to grudgingly accept shitty behavior towards herself and only took a stand when it was someone else being treated badly.

I probably would have enjoyed Delilah and Maggie's day drinking adventures more if there had ever been any hint that these two were close friends before this episode. At best they have seemed like satellites orbiting the same planet. I mean, have we ever seen them spend time together alone (just the two of them)?

• Love 5

Who was watching Best Mom Ever’s kids while she was out drinking and kissing random dudes?  

Regina and Rome really need to stop with this nonsense.  I hate this storyline.  I hate Eve and her stupid evil white boy baby daddy (of course he is da evil).  I hate that they just barge in and take over this girls life, like they have any experience with how to handle this, including staking claim to her unborn baby.  SLOW. IT. DOWN.  If I was Eve, I’d be like, um back off a bit you pushy people.  And I really couldn’t follow what the notary and fake name (Wendy) was all about?  Were we really meant to believe having someone notarize a paper is equal to legally terminating your parental rights?  Because it’s not.

Theo was at peak annoying tonight.  The only kid on this show that I have any interest in seeing is Sophie.  Danny and Theo are annoying cliches to me.  Charlie doesn’t count because she is a prop.

Shout out to whoever called it above with Gary and soldier mom.  Here comes the PTSD VSE.  Why?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
50 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I was surprised that Katherine quit her job. Of all the characters on the show, she is the one who is the most methodical and careful (and the least impulsive). I loved that she ended up doing it because she loves Carter, but this was another good example of someone who was wiling to grudgingly accept shitty behavior towards herself and only took a stand when it was someone else being treated badly.

So does Katherine quitting mean Carter is also out of a job? Did she consult him first? I would have liked to see the actual quitting scene instead of hearing about it later.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Why is the Theo actor playing the character so much younger than he supposedly is?!? 

I was annoyed by him yelling "Dad! Time for cuddles!"...when he knew damn well his aunt was still there.

What ten-year-old needs "cuddle time" with both his parents every night? My parents didn't "cuddle" with us at bedtime past pre-school, or maybe kindergarden, age.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I wish there was more build-up to it, since discrimination in the workplace does happen and it could have been an interesting plot if we saw it in previous episodes. 

I'm not surprised Katherine quit her job, since the show has been trying to mould her into fitting in with Eddie's friends just so she gets some screen time, and this is what all of them would do (and have done). But I guess it kind of works? It gave Katherine/Eddie one of the sweeter moments of the show at the end. 

I actually...really like Eddie's plot with his sister. I think it could be an intriguing storyline to explore. They have made me curious about this whole cabin plot. Congrats, show! You got me actually really invested in a storyline this season! And it's with Eddie, of all people!

So, Gary gets a new love interest. Woohoo? Now, I guess we get to see Maggie pining over Gary in jealousy for a few episodes? Hi Floriana Lima! I'm very hesitant to like her character because I like the actress....thanks to what they did to poor Jason Ritter. But, at the moment, Darcy is better than Maggie, even though her PTSD storyline is going to probably be super dramatic.

And Delilah also gets a love interest in Parker Young, which...girl, weren't you JUST with the husband whose wife is in a coma? Where'd he disappear to? 

And they also suddenly made Delilah into a foreign idiot with her...suddenly saying wrong phrases? Now, if they had given Delilah this trait in any other previous episode, it would have worked. But suddenly, Delilah can't understand colloquialisms and American phrases. I was fine with the first mix-up, but then they had her do it again and I thought it was too much.

No surprise that the Eve stuff went badly. No surprise that Regina/Rome decided to pretend to be undercover cops and enact a mission that very nearly failed. No surprise that Douchebag Boyfriend got pissed off. Did these two even think of what would have happened after Eve took off and if DB would have come after them? Well, whatever, I hope this storyline is done soon. 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I was annoyed by him yelling "Dad! Time for cuddles!"...when he knew damn well his aunt was still there.

What ten-year-old needs "cuddle time" with both his parents every night? My parents didn't "cuddle" with us at bedtime past pre-school, or maybe kindergarden, age.

Not just once but twice! I find him incredibly annoying. Very demanding of his parents attention, ordering them around. That cuddle time shit has got to stop too. At his age he should be taking a bath/shower by himself and then coming to give his parents a kiss goodnight and off to bed by himself.

14 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I wish there was more build-up to it, since discrimination in the workplace does happen and it could have been an interesting plot if we saw it in previous episodes. 

I'm not surprised Katherine quit her job, since the show has been trying to mould her into fitting in with Eddie's friends just so she gets some screen time, and this is what all of them would do (and have done). But I guess it kind of works? It gave Katherine/Eddie one of the sweeter moments of the show at the end. 

I actually...really like Eddie's plot with his sister. I think it could be an intriguing storyline to explore. They have made me curious about this whole cabin plot. Congrats, show! You got me actually really invested in a storyline this season! And it's with Eddie, of all people!

So, Gary gets a new love interest. Woohoo? Now, I guess we get to see Maggie pining over Gary in jealousy for a few episodes? Hi Floriana Lima! I'm very hesitant to like her character because I like the actress....thanks to what they did to poor Jason Ritter. But, at the moment, Darcy is better than Maggie, even though her PTSD storyline is going to probably be super dramatic.

And Delilah also gets a love interest in Parker Young, which...girl, weren't you JUST with the husband whose wife is in a coma? Where'd he disappear to? 

And they also suddenly made Delilah into a foreign idiot with her...suddenly saying wrong phrases? Now, if they had given Delilah this trait in any other previous episode, it would have worked. But suddenly, Delilah can't understand colloquialisms and American phrases. I was fine with the first mix-up, but then they had her do it again and I thought it was too much.

No surprise that the Eve stuff went badly. No surprise that Regina/Rome decided to pretend to be undercover cops and enact a mission that very nearly failed. No surprise that Douchebag Boyfriend got pissed off. Did these two even think of what would have happened after Eve took off and if DB would have come after them? Well, whatever, I hope this storyline is done soon. 

I hope they aren’t counting on that notarized paper to mean anything. I don’t think you can sign your parental rights away until the baby is actually born and even then then I mthink there’s a waiting period, at least for the mother.  The whole scenario was sketchy and I doubt that paper is worth anything.

Also didn’t Derek see Regina at the restaurant?  He was hanging around there all afternoon.

The family mystery with Eddie and his sister?  Seems like a family friend died under mysterious circumstances at their cabin and the family just ended a tradition of going there... wonder if it involves drinking, maybe he drowned while partying with Eddie and Lindsay? 

• Love 11
(edited)
12 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I hope they aren’t counting on that notarized paper to mean anything. I don’t think you can sign your parental rights away until the baby is actually born and even then then I mthink there’s a waiting period, at least for the mother.  The whole scenario was sketchy and I doubt that paper is worth anything.

I had the same thought. Abusive a-hole or not, he's kinda stupid if he agreed to give up his rights without consulting a lawyer. (A former boss and his wife adopted their daughter; the birth mother had three days, I think, before anything could be made official (I think she was in PA). They actually went through the process twice because the first one changed her mind before that time was up.)

Also...it seems like they were talking for a while and it wasn't until the end of the conversation that she mentioned their names (Regina was surprised when Eve called her Wendy). So what, she said "these are the people who want to adopt the baby" and never introduced them by name, and he didn't ask? 

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

This. It's borderline creepy at this point. Obnoxious at the least when both he and momma!cuddles knew that the sister was still there. Shut your kid up, supermom.

I thought Maggie and Delilah doing shots in the bar was the most interesting that either of them have been, possibly ever. But Delilah going from oh noes! I can't talk to a stranger!!! to making out on the side of the road was just stupid.

I refuse to talk about the baby mama drama. I am pretty much ff these scenes now. Too bad, because I like(d) Regina.

Gary at the arcade was fun. I know he's on the immature side, but he's a single dude in his thirties. If he wants to celebrate his birthday playing paint ball, have at it. When the chips are down, he's at least as responsible for all of his friends' kids as the actual parents are, so let him have his fun.

• Love 10
On 2/28/2020 at 4:42 PM, iwasish said:

Maggie encouraging Delilah to date? I think Delilah has made enough of a mess out of her life.  She needs to be celibate for a while. 

I had to laugh - the woman lecturing Maggie that every fun thing doesn't have to impact the rest of your life, is the one who couldn't manage birth control and had her "fun" impact the rest of her life (and other people's lives). She's the last woman who should throw drunken caution to the winds - especially since she's probably even less prepared for this than she was with Eddy.

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I agree - for one thing, she has an American father so she would have known those phrases to begin with. Now, if it had been a poorly translated French phrase, that would have been different. Those are commonplace.

1 hour ago, iwasish said:

The family mystery with Eddie and his sister?  Seems like a family friend died under mysterious circumstances at their cabin and the family just ended a tradition of going there... wonder if it involves drinking, maybe he drowned while partying with Eddie and Lindsay? 

I'm guessing a little more dramatic - sexual abuse and an "accident" that was more a response to the abuse. I'm also guessing that this is the genesis of their substance abuse problems.

Speaking of which, as much as I like Katherine, and I get why she's upset by it, it seems a bit naive to think that Eddy wouldn't be around substance abusers in the music industry. If she wants to support his working in the biz, she's got to know he's going to be around it at some point.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I thought Maggie and Delilah doing shots in the bar was the most interesting that either of them have been, possibly ever. But Delilah going from oh noes! I can't talk to a stranger!!! to making out on the side of the road was just stupid.

I think there was an interlude of several more of those shots, which means she will have a world class hangover, not to mention whatever else, the next morning.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

Speaking of which, as much as I like Katherine, and I get why she's upset by it, it seems a bit naive to think that Eddy wouldn't be around substance abusers in the music industry. If she wants to support his working in the biz, she's got to know he's going to be around it at some point.

Not only that, but Eddie’s “we’ll get her help.”  It seemed pretty clear to me she didn’t want his help.  Again, with these people over stepping their boundaries.  She’s not in the friend circle, back off dude!

But yes, I agree he is going to be around it, his sobriety should be his one and only concern and only he knows what he can handle / tolerate.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I had to laugh - the woman lecturing Maggie that every fun thing doesn't have to impact the rest of your life, is the one who couldn't manage birth control and had her "fun" impact the rest of her life (and other people's lives). She's the last woman who should throw drunken caution to the winds - especially since she's probably even less prepared for this than she was with Eddy.

I agree - for one thing, she has an American father so she would have known those phrases to begin with. Now, if it had been a poorly translated French phrase, that would have been different. Those are commonplace.

I'm guessing a little more dramatic - sexual abuse and an "accident" that was more a response to the abuse. I'm also guessing that this is the genesis of their substance abuse problems.

I thought sexual abuse too at first, but they did that storyline with Regina and her uncle. But you never know with these writers. 

Did Carter also quit his job? It didn’t appear that he did. 

So Maggie is going to Oxford..last chance for  Gary to try and get back with her? If he goes with her, what happens to Colin?

1 hour ago, Dowel Jones said:

I think there was an interlude of several more of those shots, which means she will have a world class hangover, not to mention whatever else, the next morning.

Someone will have to drop everything and run to watch Charlie and make her a hangover remedy. 

• LOL 3
26 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Someone will have to drop everything and run to watch Charlie and make her a hangover remedy. 

I hope Charlie has a cranky day and screams all day long while Delilah is hung over.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Who was watching Best Mom Ever’s kids while she was out drinking and kissing random dudes?  

And I really couldn’t follow what the notary and fake name (Wendy) was all about?

They mentioned that Sophie was still grounded, so built-in babysitter.

Wendy was the name of the woman at the shelter who Regina called later in the episode, so calling Regina Wendy was a signal from Eve that she was in trouble and not actually going along with Derek’s plans.

A few other thoughts:

Eddie’s sister’s comment about somebody and a cabin on a lake made me wonder if she was about to confess that she’d accidentally killed the guy while she was drunk or high.

On Maggie going to Oxford — yay, no more hideous wig to burn our eyes! Speaking of which, DUH, of course it wasn’t Maggie the guy was checking out. The actress is far from ugly, but that godawful weirdly shaped wig does her no favors (LOL though at her comment that she and the dancing talk show host had the same haircut, which IMO looks a hell of a lot better on Ellen). I bet she’ll be happy not to have to wear it anymore. If Maggie ever returns from Oxford, perhaps by then she can use her own hair.

Gary continues to be the worst (I cannot stand him and his attitude — and I generally love wiseasses). I liked the mom calling him out on his “prom night” flirtation. But please, show, do NOT make her a new love interest for Gary, because she deserves better. Anyone with a pulse deserves better. Hell, anybody who no longer has a pulse deserves better too.

Edited by CarpeFelis
typo
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
9 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

If Maggie goes to Oxford, I anticipate a time jump should the show be renewed for another season.

When I saw the next episode is titled "One Year Later" I thought they were going to leap forward this season. But no.

9 hours ago, iwasish said:

I thought sexual abuse too at first, but they did that storyline with Regina and her uncle. But you never know with these writers. 
Did Carter also quit his job? It didn’t appear that he did. 

Valid point (about the sexual abuse). Though maybe if they fought back and killed the guy, that'd be enough of a twist. (and whose to say it wasn't Eddy getting abused). But I think you're right, whatever the angle, it probably isn't that. But it was pivotal for them, whatever the incident was.

I don't think Carter quit his job. But I'm guessing he and Katherine will set up a practice together, nonetheless.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

So Eddie's sister who he has not seen in years was going to sleep in the garage?  I guess they had to do that so he could discover Dakota's stash and blame the sister. Then the sister watches a performance from the most annoying kid in the world and is shown out.  Was she going to the garage?  Thought it was stupid.  Also stupid,  Delilah making out with a stranger (who is not good looking or hot IMO) like a horny teenager.  Continue to hate her. What a loser.   Maggie, please do something about your egg shaped head, style your hair differently.  Ellen's hair is nicer.  Baby drama, this story has been done before.  I hope Gary and Theo's friend's mom hook up.  He may just mature while with her.  Good for Katherine, I think she did the right thing.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, iwasish said:

. I don’t think you can sign your parental rights away until the baby is actually born and even then then I mthink there’s a waiting period, at least for the mother.

In some states the father can terminate parental rights before the birth.  I don't think Massachusetts is one of them.   "In Massachusetts, written consent must be executed at least four days after the child is born. Consent must be executed before a notary public and at least two competent witnesses, one of whom is selected by the consenting parent."

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, bybrandy said:

In some states the father can terminate parental rights before the birth.  I don't think Massachusetts is one of them.   "In Massachusetts, written consent must be executed at least four days after the child is born. Consent must be executed before a notary public and at least two competent witnesses, one of whom is selected by the consenting parent."

Can the witnesses be the prospective adoptive parents? That seems...less than kosher.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Can the witnesses be the prospective adoptive parents? That seems...less than kosher.

That did to me as well. Interested parties shouldn't be witnesses - don't know if that's the law, but it certainly seems like it should be.

• Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I probably would have enjoyed Delilah and Maggie's day drinking adventures more if there had ever been any hint that these two were close friends before this episode. At best they have seemed like satellites orbiting the same planet. I mean, have we ever seen them spend time together alone (just the two of them)?

Didn't Delilah and Maggie take a road trip somewhere last season? And Maggie also asked Delilah to go with her to get her last cancer screening results. They seem to be close friends.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

Gary continues to be the worst (I cannot stand him and his attitude — and I generally love wiseasses).

Can you imagine the chaos if he picked up and went to Oxford to visit Maggie some weekend? Proper English residents vs. no boundaries Gary.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I feel like we do a lot. Maggie called her to come to her cancer screening, and Delilah is who Maggie called when she found out about Eric. And Delilah was helping Maggie move or something earlier in the season.

7 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

Eddie’s sister’s comment about somebody and a cabin on a lake made me wonder if she was about to confess that she’d accidentally killed the guy while she was drunk or high.

I thought the same thing. Or that she'd hit some stranger while driving drunk and threw the body in the lake.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Valid point (about the sexual abuse). Though maybe if they fought back and killed the guy, that'd be enough of a twist. (and whose to say it wasn't Eddy getting abused). But I think you're right, whatever the angle, it probably isn't that. But it was pivotal for them, whatever the incident was.

I don't think Carter quit his job. But I'm guessing he and Katherine will set up a practice together, nonetheless.

It would be awkward to still work there knowing the bosses would disrespect him that way.  Funny that Katherine seems to have been so sure that she was being treated  as second class that she never noticed how Carter was being treated. There is something        about Katherine that I  don’t really like. She’s all into promises that Eddie made but she dumped Theo on Gary with not too much of  a fight. She promised Theo she’d take him and then “poof Sorry no can do! “  Surprised Theo didn’t put up stink.,

5 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

That did to me as well. Interested parties shouldn't be witnesses - don't know if that's the law, but it certainly seems like it should be.

They put the notary in trouble too. Yes, she’s only verifying that Rome and Regina are the persons signing the document, and she has no part in the document itself as to legality,  but they were  putting one over on Derek Shocked too that the adoption counselor (or was she a lawyer?)  went along. 

• Love 2
(edited)

There are so many real and "soap" scenarios they can do with the baby.  Does he track Eve with her phone or dr appt's? Does he hurt her before the baby is born or after? Does he just wait knowing Rome and Regina will get the baby, do something after it's born or try to take it. I hope not, but in real life, these guys never go quietly and Regina acting "tough" wasn't really as effective as the chef with the large knife he eyed first.

Rome talked fast in that scene, did he say he was accused of rape?

EDIT  I heard wrong, he just said he liked to hit women. Of course, this show hates google, they can check to see if he was arrested or ask law enforcement too. I found a woman who stole from at work had a case of 2nd degree larceny on our civil court records which are free to public for certain things online. (no background check done) Many times when I see horrible domestic violence stories on news, the guy had a long list of arrests even if they didn't go to court. I would have put in on the record, even her burn (although no proof) but now they do have witness's to his words and anger. He mentioned anger management classes so I feel he's been down that road.

Edited by debraran
22 hours ago, geauxaway said:

If I was Eve, I’d be like, um back off a bit you pushy people.  And I really couldn’t follow what the notary and fake name (Wendy) was all about?  Were we really meant to believe having someone notarize a paper is equal to legally terminating your parental rights?  Because it’s not.

Eve is really afraid of the guy, I don't think she would do this because Rome and Gina are pushy. She could do it because of extreme fear of finally (again?) getting out of the relationship. That's a good thing. The Wendy thing was a code sent to Rome and Regina to let them know she was not ok, she was pretending to the boyfriend.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Didn't Delilah and Maggie take a road trip somewhere last season? And Maggie also asked Delilah to go with her to get her last cancer screening results. They seem to be close friends.

They did take a road trip, and that's when Delilah met the guy at the gas pumps - the restaurant guy.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

They did take a road trip, and that's when Delilah met the guy at the gas pumps - the restaurant guy.

Who seems to have disappeared along with Ashley and PJ...

• Love 4

So the first scene with Katherine, she’s hiding a bottle of liquor that was sitting out on the counter.  Am I to understand that they have alcohol just sitting around where Eddie lives?  

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Seelouis said:

So the first scene with Katherine, she’s hiding a bottle of liquor that was sitting out on the counter.  Am I to understand that they have alcohol just sitting around where Eddie lives?  

I know!   That was pretty inconstant with her saying Eddie couldn't work with Dakota because she uses behind his back while Katherine has a bottle just sitting out in their home.   

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7
On 3/6/2020 at 11:55 AM, Clanstarling said:

They must want us to really hate her and, with me, it is working.  I so dislike Delilah!!! And where was she and her pick-up lover headed? her house? probably.  who knows if he is really a nice guy or a psycho?  she needs to give that Best Mom away for sure.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Seelouis said:

I'd forgotten that. It was not only weird to have it sitting around like that - not just a bottle of booze, but a whole setup with nice glasses (which she didn't remove, and which are obviously for drinks). Very strange, and hypocritical.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I'd forgotten that. It was not only weird to have it sitting around like that - not just a bottle of booze, but a whole setup with nice glasses (which she didn't remove, and which are obviously for drinks). Very strange, and hypocritical.

IIRC, that was the set that Delilah gave her that was John's, so I get why she would want it where she'd see it to remember him by. But maybe you don't have to keep it full?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

IIRC, that was the set that Delilah gave her that was John's, so I get why she would want it where she'd see it to remember him by. But maybe you don't have to keep it full?

That makes more sense now. But yeah, empty seems a better option at home.

• Love 3
(edited)

I was shocked too that she would have an open bottle with a recovering alcoholic out but maybe it was more a prop for his sisters plot. You never saw it before.

I was having a lunch yesterday with friends and I heard a few women saying when discussing shows (mainly TIU) "I hear Jon is coming back to MLT and I'm tuning in, another said he was adorable and she wished like Jack in TIU, they were able to incorporate him in more. She stopped watching in December but would tune in.  I guess he has his fans beyond myself but I wonder with lagging ratings, if this will give the show a boost. Time will tell. 10pm has not been nice with 3.55 or lower ratings at times. They also said the coveted 18-49 demographic had dropped but that probably fluctuates.

I know Jon helps Eddie with his lake memories and that plot will run until the end of the season. I hope it gives Eddie some scripts that he can show his talent better with.

I find it interesting you see in his dream, a guys hand, Jon? and then what seems to me to be a woman's hand. https://www.tvinsider.com/gallery/a-million-little-things-season-2-episode-17-ron-livingston-returns/#20

Edited by debraran

Eve lying to Derek to get him to sign away his parental rights could be considered fraudulent inducement. Everything about that story is terrible. Would you want to adopt a child that has an angry father? (1) He might try to take the baby, stalk Regina and Rome, and (2) what if the baby inherits whatever anger gene?

The writers should have had Eddie and Dakota practice in the living room so that the cocaine could be lost there so that Eddie could find it when making up the living room couch for his sister. Because nobody should be doing ANYTHING in that garage with exposed insulation. Also, as soon as Eddie and Katherine explained that Eddie was going to make sure his sister wasn't lying about being sober, I guessed that entire plot.

Shouldn't Eddie and Katherine know better about Dakota, that they can't help her, she has to help herself?

Oh, also called it early that the bar guy was checking out Delilah, not Maggie. The writers just weren't very imaginative this episode.

Sign me up for the Theo is Just Annoying club. I know parents think their child is the cutest ever, but Theo's little stand-up show was just awful for Lindsay to have to sit through. Why did she have to leave just because it was Theo's bedtime? Wouldn't the adults stay up later to talk?

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, smartymarty said:

Why did she have to leave just because it was Theo's bedtime? Wouldn't the adults stay up later to talk?

Probably because Lindsay would have had to wait awkwardly on the couch while Katherine and Eddie cuddled with their ten year old kid for however long that goes on.

I would seriously like to hear an explanation from the writers as to how they think we're supposed to see this kid. I am notoriously not-fond of kids on any show, and Theo is a prime example of why.

• Love 6