Type keyword(s) to search

Transplant - General Discussion

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

On 5/29/2022 at 12:29 PM, Crashcourse said:

Theo is an idiot.  Plus, I got some crazy stalker vibes from that woman.

Quoting myself because I was right about Theo--he's an idiot.

I was wrong about the woman--it's Theo who's the stalker.  I'm glad she shut him down.

Has June ever smiled about anything?  I don't remember.

I just watched "Between" (Season 2, Episode 9). Missed last week because I didn't know it was on.  Not sure how much of season 2 I have seen because it airs so irregularly.

Is there an online episode guide that has more than a couple of sentences about each episode?

Why is Bash facing a lawsuit? Guessing a patient was involved but I don't remember.

6 hours ago, Driad said:

I just watched "Between" (Season 2, Episode 9). Missed last week because I didn't know it was on.  Not sure how much of season 2 I have seen because it airs so irregularly.

Is there an online episode guide that has more than a couple of sentences about each episode?

Why is Bash facing a lawsuit? Guessing a patient was involved but I don't remember.

Regarding the lawsuit it was in episode 7 which you can see a recap here from the cast members.

Bash made a decision to help a patient which worked but resulted in the patient being on life support for the rest of her life.  Her overbearing father who was nauseating sued Bash making him back down in his medical decisions to avoid problems with him practicing medicine in Canada.

If you subscribe you can also see recaps for all the episodes in season 2 which has already finished season 2.     

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 6/4/2022 at 11:46 PM, LittleIggy said:

Poor little baby! ☹️ That was so sad for the dad and Mags.

Mags was wonderfully supportive of the grieving dads while also swallowing her own feelings of guilt.  What I don't understand is why she's continuing to take Novack's demeaning and bullying behavior--he is no longer her boss and she doesn't have to answer to him.  And he couldn't be more obvious with his sexism--he's practically giving Bash a tongue bath while they're discussing possible diagnosis while rolling his eyes at Mags' dedication.

I feel bad for the med student--Theo gives him a bad review and Mags breaks up with him all in one day--but don't you won't a doctor who lives and breathes medicine and healing people?  Do you really want a doctor who treats his practicing medicine like a day job instead of a calling?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Wow! Theo is really losing it. 
I can’t remember why June hated her dad so much. Anyone know? 
I didn’t know gangrene moved that quickly. 😬

Yes, Theo really is losing it and I don't remember why June hated her father either.  It doesn't help that she always has this mean look on her face.

I realize this is a hospital but none of these characters look that happy.  There are very few (if any) lighthearted moments among staff, so this show is becoming depressing to watch. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

and it looks like the next episode is July 2

which will be episode 11--"Locked": Bash and Amira go on a trip together.

Episode 12 is "Saviours" on July 9th.

and the final Season 2 episode 13 is "Free For What" on July 16th.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 6/19/2022 at 1:44 PM, Crashcourse said:

Yes, Theo really is losing it and I don't remember why June hated her father either.  It doesn't help that she always has this mean look on her face.

I realize this is a hospital but none of these characters look that happy.  There are very few (if any) lighthearted moments among staff, so this show is becoming depressing to watch. 

THIS!  I think this is why I haven't really enjoyed this season--everyone seems massively on edge and I'm done with the constantly glum look on June's face.

• Love 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, dbklmt said:
19 hours ago, cinsays said:

and it looks like the next episode is July 2

which will be episode 11--"Locked": Bash and Amira go on a trip together.

Episode 12 is "Saviours" on July 9th.

and the final Season 2 episode 13 is "Free For What" on July 16th.

NBC is really trying to kill this show, isn't it? Which is a shame. It's one of the few medical shows where the doctors' lives are more interesting than the patients' maladies. 

Edited by Good Queen Jane
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/2/2022 at 11:36 PM, LittleIggy said:

Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever seen June smile that much. 
Raina can just go away. Bash went through awful trauma, and she isn’t very supportive.

Not only wasn't Raina supportive, she allowed him to think she was dead--that's kind of sick.

I love how angry Dr. Atwater got and her just walking out was fabulous--she stayed out of respect for Dr. Bishop and then she just gets thrown under the bus for Novak.  And I really hope Mags tells him off because you know Novak won't rest until he gets in another one of his unprofessional  personal little digs that aren't at all sexist.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4

It was nice to see Bash's sister again. I was happy to see Raina was going to be back this episode, but it appears it just isn't going to work out for them. I am tempted also to blame Raina, but sometimes after so much time there has been so much change in both of them it may just not be possible. Has Bash told Raina about any of his horrors? Probably not in more than a brief sanitized version. If there was a scene of that, I just don't remember, they have strung out the episodes over so much time.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Beezella said:

Has Bash told Raina about any of his horrors? Probably not in more than a brief sanitized version

If that.

That's one of the things that Raina complained about, that Bash was holding himself back from her and they didn't really communicate any more, she was relegated to a "nanny with benefits" role.

She's not wrong, Bash has severe PTSD with flashbacks but he doesn't want to deal with it or even talk to the psychiatrist about it. He doesn't want to talk to Raina about it or his time in prison because he wants to pretend that it doesn't exist. He can open up to Theo, June and Mags about medicine and connect to them that way but at the moment he doesn't really connect to Raina except as the shell of the relationship they once had.

On 7/5/2022 at 11:43 AM, kitmerlot1213 said:

I love how angry Dr. Atwater got and her just walking out was fabulous--she stayed out of respect for Dr. Bishop and then she just gets thrown under the bus for Novak. 

A moment to cheer.

It may have been inspired by the real life story of Dr. Irene Cybulski, a super star surgeon who was ousted from her position as head of cardiac surgery at McMaster Health Sciences because she wasn't one of the Old Boys. When she was kicked out, she went to law school (in her mid-50s), graduated, sued the hospital and won. An interesting read about reality for women in medicine.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I agree with this season being a major downer, and I'm concerned if NBC doesn't air S3 we may not be able to stream it in the US...unless Acorn picks it up like they have Murdoch.

I did think Raina's assertion that Bashir wasn't fun was odd.  Aside from his imprisonment in Syria, which is its own issue by itself, Bashir has lost both parents, he's raising his younger sister, and he's re-doing an entire medical program in another country when he already has the skills to be a trauma surgeon.   When exactly does he have time to be fun even if he had never been detained in Syria or developed PTSD as a result?

Raina also seems to be a bit tone deaf on the subject.  She doesn't know the specifics of Bash's experiences, but she's Syrian.  Her country was involved in a brutal civil war.  She had to know that when Bashir was taken, authorities weren't going to just chat.  As he's said, he was a medical professional working against the regime.  He was considered an "enemy of the state."  I don't buy at all that Raina has no comprehension of what that actually means in reality.  If she's that clueless, then I'm glad they're not together. 

Her "fun" comment just landed like a dud.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Novak's "Easy there, we're just having fun" is the age old cry of a bully, because if they were both having fun, they'd both be laughing.  His shock when Mags' told him off was a thing of beauty--he's meanspirited and I love her refusing to take his nastiness.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Novak's "Easy there, we're just having fun" is the age old cry of a bully, because if they were both having fun, they'd both be laughing.  His shock when Mags' told him off was a thing of beauty--he's meanspirited and I love her refusing to take his nastiness.

I'm surprised that he's being allowed to behave in that way post-Me Too.  It's not sexual in nature, but he's clearly taunting and harassing her and abusing his position as her superior.  These days you hear about investigations for inappropriate workplace behavior all the time.  The ED is wide open.  I'm surprised that someone hasn't called him out on it even if Mags doesn't do anything official to complain.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I just knew Theo’s helicopter was going to crash! 
If NBC doesn’t bring Transplant back, I will hunt it down on the internet! 
“You with the beautiful eyelashes.” Got that right, granny!

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7

I just read John Hannah is leaving. I’ve enjoyed his every performance since Four Weddings, and I’m not interested in Novak or the Bishop-replacement who is going to come in and cause drama.

• Sad 2

I thought the whole thing with Bashir was OOC.  Amira's 14ish.  It was dumber than heck for Bishop to HAVE to tell Bashir to sign that contract.  He isn't that irresponsible.

Don't like him with Mags either.  Has to do with her.  She's just too intense or too something.

Shame that John Hannah is leaving.  Liked Bishop and Clare until the show messed them up this season.

Don't like angry annoying Theo.

One bright spot for me in S2 is June.  I really enjoyed how complex she is and how her backstory feeds into that.  Her relationship with her stepsister could be interesting.

Overall though, S2 was not as enjoyable for me as S1.  Here's hoping S3 is better, and it will be available in the US.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I hope we get to see season 3 on NBC and I guess because I love Mags I'm okay with a Mags/Bashir match up--she's going to be focusing on cardiology, so they won't be in the ER together where they'll constantly be seeking off to make out.  This show has too much integrity for that--at least I hope :)

I would love it if Atwater came back as the new chief and how is Theo going to get rescued?

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Casting and story spoiler

Spoiler

Joining the cast as a series regular is Rekha Sharma (YELLOWJACKETS) as Dr. Neeta Devi, the new Chief of Emergency Medicine who comes to York Memorial Hospital with big ideas.

That could be intriguing.  I like the actor and who it is is surprised me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Hi! American fans can watch the 3rd season on the ws Couchtuner. (some popups, but just exit it out quickly + I think worth it :)  Anyway, just Google Couchtuner and click on the first result. Then click the magnifying glass in the top right corner and search for Transplant. When the results pop up, click Explore and you'll be taken to a list of the 3rd season episodes. Enjoy!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I thought that the comparison of the last episode of Transplant to the last episode of The Resident, both show unsure of a new season, was interesting -- Transplant set up a lot of changes and cliffhangers while The Resident tied up everyone in neat bows in case the show didn't get renewed.

This makes me happy:

TORONTO (March 28, 2023) – CTV announced today that original drama TRANSPLANT is returning for Season 4. The most-watched Canadian drama series with total viewers and all key demos, TRANSPLANT recently received its third consecutive nomination for Best Drama Series at the Canadian Screen Awards and is produced by Sphere Media in association with CTV and Universal International Studios, a division of Universal Studio Group. Season 4 consists of 10 one-hour episodes, set to air as part of CTV’s 2023/24 broadcast schedule.

Filming in Montreal from this spring, Season 4 of TRANSPLANT finds Bashir “Bash” Hamed (Hamza Haq, Viking) on the precipice of finishing his residency at York Memorial. His future uncertain once again, Bash and his sister Amira (Sirena Gulamgaus, CHAPELWAITE) are Canadian citizens now, but still trying, with everything they have, to build a life in their adopted country.

A Top 20 series on CTV in the key A25-54 demo, TRANSPLANT continues to receive critical acclaim and recognition with eight 2023 Canadian Screen Award nominations, including its third consecutive nomination for Best Drama Series and lead actor in a drama for Hamza Haq, as well as a consecutive acting nod for Laurence Leboeuf. Seasons 1 through 3 of TRANSPLANT are available for streaming on CTV.ca, the CTV app, and Crave.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

The season 4 renewal makes me happy even though, as someone in the US, I haven't seen season 3. 

I loved this show and  I miss it. Hopefully, someday,it will be available for me to watch.

Meanwhile, congratulations Transplant!!! 

And Canadian viewers, Enjoy!!!

• Like 4

So very happy and relieved to hear the show has been renewed.  It will be very interesting to see if there will be a season 5.  Will CTV continue on with a popular, well-regarded tv show or will they choose to end it as Bash's residency comes to an end?  Not too thrilled with only 10 episodes in the season, but I'll take what I can get. 

See you all in the Fall! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

Transplant is airing in the US on NBC starting October 5, 2023 at 9pm.

The competition (and NBC's schedule) is going to be very weird this Fall due to the strikes

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2

I watched the pilot last night and half of the second episode and am really liking it so far. I was initially kind of disappointed they went for the doctor is the patient in the trauma trope right out of the gate (as well as the doctor who nobody knows is a doctor trope), but it was so well done with Bash being believed to be the mysterious witness and the cops on him that I ignored it. 

I got tired during the second episode but I am eager to see what happens with Bash and his transcripts and how he reveals more about his past. Hopefully this is a new favorite medical show for me since New Amsterdam and The Resident were both canceled and I can’t stand Chicago Med. (Although the quality of both canceled shows was going downhill anyway.)

So, according to this article https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/transplant-creator-says-complete-story-of-syrian-doc-in-canada-wraps-this-season/ar-AA1gELqB?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=3112e8b02fec4f81aed0c61248e66670&ei=17 , Season 4 is the final season of Transplant 😢.

I'll be very sorry to see it go, but I prefer to see a series end on a high note rather than go on-and-on for years.  Hopefully, the last 10 episodes tie everything up as they knew this was the end going in.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

So bummed to hear about the cancellation. I’m still catching up on S2 and, as an avid medical drama watcher, appreciate that they’re focused more on the cases and the doctors than the soap opera relationship drama stuff. 

A cancellation of something I’m getting into makes me lose interest pretty quick but I will still look forward to S3 coming to NBC. 

20 hours ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

So bummed to hear about the cancellation. I’m still catching up on S2 and, as an avid medical drama watcher, appreciate that they’re focused more on the cases and the doctors than the soap opera relationship drama stuff. 

A cancellation of something I’m getting into makes me lose interest pretty quick but I will still look forward to S3 coming to NBC. 

Season 3 was very good and I hope you enjoy it 😊.

I don't think the show was actually cancelled per se.  The creator of the show said it was always his intention for it to have a four-year arc following Bash's medical residency and have the show end when Bash's residency ended. 

The show has always been very high up in the ratings in Canada (see below) and; based on that, could definitely have carried on.

https://www.bellmedia.ca/the-lede/press/award-winning-ctv-original-drama-transplant-concludes-with-season-4-beginning-october-6/

- "Since its debut in 2020, TRANSPLANT has routinely ranked as a Top 20 series on CTV and has remained the most-watched Canadian drama series each broadcast year. To date, the series has amassed 23 Canadian Screen Award nominations, and has been honoured with 15 wins, including two wins for Best Dramatic Series and three consecutive wins for Hamza Haq in the Best Lead Performer, Drama Series category." -

I too have enjoyed the focus on the medical patients & their stories and have my fingers crossed Season 4 continues to do the same.  It's such a pleasure to not have a medical show devolve into a soap opera.  Hopefully, the show will go out on a high note.

Edited by YorkshireLass
Autocorrect is not my friend :)
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1