Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Doctors are the Worst Patients

Airs February 27, 2020, Season Finale

After a horrific car accident as a child, Heather's ankle was rebuilt from parts of her body; now it's up to Dr Vincent to help her walk again.

This show must be a sleeping potion for me - I make it through about 40 minutes and then I wake up and something else is on!  Hope I didn't erase it in my sleep so I can watch the last 15 minutes or so.

• Love 2

I'm going to have to take it on faith that Heather's foot was improved- honestly, all of Dr. Ebonie's surgeries result in such miniscule visible results that it it hardly seems worth the trouble. Again, I can only go on what they tell us, because nothing ever looks much different after healing. I would be interested in seeing Heather actually walking around in those boots, which looked too small and too high heeled.

She's very tolerant of these guys with grotesque toenails who refuse to follow her care instructions. I was surprised to hear that there is a PILL to fix toenail fungus! I wonder what kind of side effects that has? edited to add: or was that Brad with the pill, I wasn't paying attention.

Her brother is model-handsome, but he doesn't look anything like her. I wasn't interested in either his dinky cyst, or in whatever was wrong with Dr. Brad's foot, either.

Edited by sempervivum
  • Love 6

My daughter had a fungal infection on the top of her head when she was younger and she took a liquid medication for it - but she had to take it for a very long time (especially for a mom who had to administer it and a child who didn't like to take medicine!).  It did eventually clear it up but she still has a small scar from the biopsy they took of it.

5 hours ago, sempervivum said:

I'm going to have to take it on faith that Heather's foot was improved- honestly, all of Dr. Ebonie's surgeries result in such miniscule visible results that it it hardly seems worth the trouble. Again, I can only go on what they tell us, because nothing ever looks much different after healing. I would be interested in seeing Heather actually walking around in those boots, which looked too small and too high heeled.

She's very tolerant of these guys with grotesque toenails who refuse to follow her care instructions. I was surprised to hear that there is a PILL to fix toenail fungus! I wonder what kind of side effects that has? edited to add: or was that Brad with the pill, I wasn't paying attention.

Her brother is model-handsome, but he doesn't look anything like her. I wasn't interested in either his dinky cyst, or in whatever was wrong with Dr. Brad's foot, either.

You have to take the pill a very long time like 8 to 9 months. It is very hard on the liver. I had toenail fungus and had the nail removed to avoid the liver damage.

• Love 1

I took Sporanox for a fingernail fungus caused by a nail salon. The drug was new on the market, and I don't remember how long I took it but it wasn't months. It worked well and I had no side effects. I think it takes longer to work on toenails, however. I'm very careful about nail salons now. 

17 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I took Sporanox for a fingernail fungus caused by a nail salon. The drug was new on the market, and I don't remember how long I took it but it wasn't months. It worked well and I had no side effects. I think it takes longer to work on toenails, however. I'm very careful about nail salons now. 

Good to know. They must have brought out new meds. Does it still damage the liver?

14 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Good to know. They must have brought out new meds. Does it still damage the liver?

I think it can, but I don't know how common that is. I didn't have any problems. My sister took it too without any issues. 

9 hours ago, sempervivum said:

I completely agree. Literally every surgery she has done on the show (especially the poor lady who was about to get married with the short “shrimpy” toe that Dr. vincent lengthened), the before and after photos look identical to me. Not worth the risk!

• Love 3
20 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

You have to take the pill a very long time like 8 to 9 months. It is very hard on the liver. I had toenail fungus and had the nail removed to avoid the liver damage.

did removing the toenail cure the fungus? doesn't that toe hurt until the nail grows back? I would think your shoe would rub against the area 

I can't take that pill due to some past liver problems but the topicals don't do a thing for me

5 hours ago, cinsays said:

did removing the toenail cure the fungus? doesn't that toe hurt until the nail grows back? I would think your shoe would rub against the area 

I can't take that pill due to some past liver problems but the topicals don't do a thing for me.

My Dr. removed the nail root so it will not grow back. If I remember correctly he said I could not get the fungus on that toe because I have no nail. It honestly did not hurt. I wore sandels to the office nothing would touch the toe and I had the next day off and just laid around with my leg up. All I had on it after that was a bandage with a extra bit of gauze. I wear a shoe with a deep toe box so nothing rubbed the toe. I had very little pain did not even have to take aspirin.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 2/28/2020 at 9:41 AM, sempervivum said:

This is Heather your very right the shoes never worked and my foot is no better then before infact its worse! To top it off they have stuck me with the bill after promising it was all taken care of! 

• Mind Blown 1

You can speed things up with the fungus by first soaking your feet in warm water and vinegar. Add some type of bath product just for the fragrance. Then,  take a Qtip and paint your toenail with peroxide. Let it dry. Or you can paint it with vinegar. You don't need special treatment unless you have a bad case of Candida (something everyone has but in varying degrees of intensity).