Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: The L Word

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Mindy really doesn't need to change anything about herself. Not her weight, not her teeth, not how she dresses. Nothing. Except for who she chooses to marry after Zach because this just isn't a match. Nothing wrong with her.

That is definitely a statement of opinion! 

And "who she chooses to marry"? How's that been working for her? Mindy admitted to having been pregnant and dumped. Moreover, she volunteered for this show! 

• Love 3

I finally got to watch - I have to say that I think Mindy is an optimistic and happy person, and she's giving her best, but she does seem to be aware that Zach's a hopeless case.  I was glad when his sister told him off.

Taylor is over this and Brandon is glad she is.  I do not like "diagnosing" these people based on what we see on the show, but I'm just going to say that here's how alcoholics I know like to be enabled:  after they ruin some event, they come in smiling sheepishly, acting charming, carrying flowers, whatever, and then everyone whose event was ruined is to smile back and pretend that nothing happened.  And anyone who doesn't is a jerk and full of "negative energy".  After what Brandon did on the honeymoon he should have been sucking up like Doug or Ricky Bobby.  Interesting that when Brandon "took all his stuff" and left, his "stuff" amounted to what would fit in a backpack, plus that big can of protein powder.  I could see by that that he had indeed given it his all 🙄. Taylor was being an ass too by this point but I do think she was trying on the honeymoon.

I did love how Taylor was all "whatever" with Dr. Viv.  Usually the "experts" manage to get the uninterested party to backtrack and claim to "want this to work" - but not this time, haha!  It looks like Taylor's giving them what they want next week though.

At least Michael, unlike Brandon or Zach, seemed to be really trying with his date, candy box and pedicure.  It was nice to see Meka begin to relax and enjoy herself for the first time during the pedicure.  Unfortunately, it looks like he's a fake yoga teacher next week - I'm embarrassed to admit I'm looking forward to seeing how that comes about 😄 

I love Jessica and Austin and think they're doing just fine.  I like Derek too, and Mr. P and I enjoy the occasional Kraft Mac & Cheese for dinner!

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, princelina said:

Interesting that when Brandon "took all his stuff" and left, his "stuff" amounted to what would fit in a backpack, plus that big can of protein powder

He must keep his weed in that whey protein canister, 'cause it sure isn't for body building. LOL!

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

That is definitely a statement of opinion! 

And "who she chooses to marry"? How's that been working for her? Mindy admitted to having been pregnant and dumped. Moreover, she volunteered for this show! 

Guess what?  Even beauty queens get dumped.  Pamela Anderson got divorced multiple times.  Maybe her picker is off, but that doesn't mean she needs to change what she looks like.

Did you ask yourself why Zach, who is conventionally good-looking, is on this show?  Why does he have issues in relationships that he needs to be on this show?

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Guess what?  Even beauty queens get dumped.  Pamela Anderson got divorced multiple times.  Maybe her picker is off, but that doesn't mean she needs to change what she looks like.

Did you ask yourself why Zach, who is conventionally good-looking, is on this show?  Why does he have issues in relationships that he needs to be on this show?

I agree with your first paragraph wholeheartedly.  But for the second, the answer is To Be on TV and Show Off For His Business or something like that 😄 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

He must keep his weed in that whey protein canister, 'cause it sure isn't for body building. LOL!

Maybe Brandon has joined Michael’s regimen of five workouts a week. 

• LOL 5

I’ve gotta give Mindy credit for handling this like an ace. None of the other women seem mature enough to handle a man telling them multiple times that he doesn’t find them attractive. I think a lot of people (myself included) would have long checked out and probably pulled a S2 Heather if the contract permitted (unlikely).  She’s showing up and she’s not even rude to her husband in name only. 

As for Zach, his comment about emotional intelligence and Mindy not understanding him lost me any minuscule respect I may have had for him. He thinks she doesn’t get his Neanderthal attempts at conversation and it somehow makes her less than he is. Gtfooh, Zach.  

• Love 13
19 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

Then, without discussing it at all with his wife, he very suddenly declined the offer he already signed at the 11th hour and just as quickly took a new, heretofore unmentioned job. (I am not saying he needed her input or advice or permission or anything, but it would have been nice for him to mention his change of heart and the reasons behind it before doing it.) 

18 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I don't know what the whole situation is with Michael's job. I will just say that I think he should have discussed it with her before declining it and moving on to a different one. That's a pretty big move to make without telling your spouse. However, Meka seems very joyless and determined to find fault with everything.

Given Meka's love of fault-finding, I was very surprised that her focus was only on the shadiness and non-logic of what he was saying, but not on the fact that he did not discuss it with her AT ALL beforehand.  I would have been so angry about that, since they are supposed to be married, and such a decision could have a huge effect on their marriage (finances, schedule, commute, etc.).  It would have been a great way for them to learn more about each other, what they value, what their decision-making process is, etc.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I’ve gotta give Mindy credit for handling this like an ace. None of the other women seem mature enough to handle a man telling them multiple times that he doesn’t find them attractive. I think a lot of people (myself included) would have long checked out and probably pulled a S2 Heather if the contract permitted (unlikely).  She’s showing up and she’s not even rude to her husband in name only. 

As for Zach, his comment about emotional intelligence and Mindy not understanding him lost me any minuscule respect I may have had for him. He thinks she doesn’t get his Neanderthal attempts at conversation and it somehow makes her less than he is. Gtfooh, Zach.  

Right?  The "emotional intelligence" comment was so ridiculous.  What the fuck does that even mean?  I've never heard someone spit out so many words that mean nothing.  

Mindy is handling this like a champ.  She's grace under fire in my view. It has to feel intensely hurtful, embarrassing to know people are watching this.

• Love 10
On 2/26/2020 at 9:46 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

Well, well, well. Taylor is here as a Reality TV career, not love, move. 

The thot plickens.

I said this when they first showed her, before she met Brandon. It was obvious she was out for fame and was not ready to settle with one guy. Not that Brandon is any prize. He has serious issues and HE is also there for fame and self-promotion.

• Love 3

I think this season is weird in that the "experts" are pushing love talk... as if there is a deadline to meet.  Katie's all over that. In a normal dating situation, people need time to develop their opinions and feelings about the other person. And yes, I know the "experts" say that THIS IS DIFFERENT; THEY ARE MARRIED!! But still, they hardly know each other. I don't know that anyone who has been on a few dates in a few weeks would be anxious about expecting to hear "I love you" within a certain time frame.  Jessica is getting pushy about it, too.  A year is a long time to wait? Why? What makes 6 weeks okay? 

Anyone notice that now, when anyone asks Zach a question, there is a notable silence and then some weird music comes on as he starts to ramble, followed by the puzzled face of the person he's talking to?  The producers are loving his shtick and showcasing it like it's a sitcom. It's like the elephant in the room now: Zach says absolutely nothing and spends 20 minutes saying absolutely nothing. He just confuses whoever is trying to follow him.  SOMEONE needs to call him out.  "Dude! You talk in circles and don't make sense!"  Please let this happen.  Mindy says it off camera.  why not on camera? I think I would have a hard time not bursting out laughing.

I'm a little mixed on Brandon and Taylor. Yeah, someone constantly on their phone posting pictures of their dinner is super annoying, but he's not given her much reason to engage. He is so quick to anger and play the drama queen role, that I imagine it's hard not to bait him at this point. But both of them are full of shit if they really believe they are putting their all into this thing. He sits in the spare room playing x-box; she is out with her girls posting about the "single life." Things blow up, then they are both wide-eyed and sputtering, "I don't know what's wrong with him/her! I am working so hard on this marriage! I wore my 'wife' t-shirt! I took a leap of faith!" And come on, Taylor; posting about not finding a decent man when you are supposedly working hard at a marriage is not "funny," it's a direct jab.

Michael and Meka are interesting; I think, as others have said, she has caught him in more lies than we are seeing and while I used to think she was just joyless and uptight, I think she's become extremely guarded given their brief history together.  He takes a job, then decides against it and doesn't tell her? Then when she asks he clams up? He's a weird guy.  I think they could have fun together on a superficial level, but it would be very hard for me to be in her position to trust him at this point. His body language, his hesitation when asked something (as if he's working to come up with a bogus answer), his refusal to directly address things he has said in the past- all point to a history of serial dishonesty.

• Love 12

Michael has so much baggage from his difficult childhood that his first instinct is to lie when confronted to hide unpleasantries or embellish to inflate his accomplishments...it seems to be a knee jerk reaction because his  untruthfulness is easily fact checked by Detective Meka....

In the tease, we see that within 3 weeks in the marriage the pressure becomes too much for our dubiously employed educational worker and he declares Peace Out to Meka.

Wonder if Poser Cal counsels him into finishing the show's shooting schedule or do they send in Dr. You're a Pepper, I'm a  Pepper too?

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Ginger said:

I am just now watching this episode, and if I hear the word "like" one more time my ears will start bleeding. Listening to Katie is completely unbearable. Taylor is almost as bad. Why can't these adults learn how to speak without sounding like 14-year-old Valley girls? (I'm from the Valley so I know whereof I speak.) I would prefer watching something with subtitles that cut out every other word, because every other word is "like." I actually, like, considered, like, not like watching this like show like anymore. Am I alone here? 😒

Spoon me with a gag...

• LOL 4
51 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I think this season is weird in that the "experts" are pushing love talk... as if there is a deadline to meet.  Katie's all over that. In a normal dating situation, people need time to develop their opinions and feelings about the other person. And yes, I know the "experts" say that THIS IS DIFFERENT; THEY ARE MARRIED!! But still, they hardly know each other. I don't know that anyone who has been on a few dates in a few weeks would be anxious about expecting to hear "I love you" within a certain time frame.  Jessica is getting pushy about it, too.  A year is a long time to wait? Why? What makes 6 weeks okay? 

Again, I don' think Katie is pushing him to say "I LOVE YOU" to her, but she's concerned whether he has the capacity to fall in love, especially since he tells her he's broken many hearts and dated someone for 2 years and still wasn't in love.   I don't see why that is wrong.  Of course, it doesn't help to harangue someone over that fact, but I'd be worried that this guy has never felt love, but continued to date someone for 2 years who probably felt those things.  Most people have felt that in love feeling by the time they are his age; even if they look back and wonder why they were in love or look back on it and realize it was infatuation.  It would make more sense to me if he said, "yes I thought I was in love, but looking back I wasn't..."   That seems to be reasonable.  

Jessica may be pushing it the I love yous...  Or at least wants him to know she won't say it first so he shouldn't wait on her.  And honestly, I've never been the one to say it first either!

I don't get the feeling that any of these people expect someone they just met to bust out the "I love you's" but instead are wondering if the person they are now married to, the person they need to make a decision on after 8 weeks thinks they COULD fall in love with them.

• Love 3

Anyone else think Taylor's shrug reaction to Dr. V's phone call was oddly odd?

Taylor defends the video by saying she thought it was funny...but as she speaks, there is a disconnect of Taylor's facial expression, her mood...no playfulness, none of her annoying giggling when conversing with the "useless expert".

Stunt phone call....

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Taylor defends the video by saying she thought it was funny...but as she speaks, there is a disconnect of Taylor's facial expression, her mood...no playfulness, none of her annoying giggling when conversing with the "useless expert".

Stunt phone call....

Taylor cannot act. That was one of the red flags I noticed during the honeymoon. Her dead eyes did not match the happiness she was trying to convey to the cameras. Her crying in the preview for next week is abysmal. I'll be shocked if there are actually tears. I don't know what she's after with all this but an acting career is NOT in the cards for her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I thought it was great 😄 I wish Amber from last season, Kate from the one before, and Sheila and Davina from many moons ago had done it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, princelina said:

I thought it was great 😄 I wish ... Davina from many moons ago had done it!

I have not been able to avoid thinking about Davina's husband living apart from her during the show.  They were both really excited at the wedding reception, and then 💨

5 minutes ago, Liberty said:

I have not been able to avoid thinking about Davina's husband living apart from her during the show.  They were both really excited at the wedding reception, and then 💨

I remember he made some sort of big stink off-camera with the hotel staff about something, and I think that turned her off.  He was just a major league jerk.

• Love 4
On 2/27/2020 at 3:56 PM, gingerandcloves said:

Cut to Katie and Derek, eating. Katie: [snip]

I read that as "Derek eating Katie," and was so disturbed.  I almost gave myself whiplash of the eyes circling back to double-check my reading comprehension.  Gah!

• LOL 5
On 2/27/2020 at 10:01 AM, Silver Bells said:

agree, the pants and tops have to go.  For a young woman, she is blah. When she gets dressed up and fixes her hair and makeup, she looks attractive.  She does tho, have to get rid of those front teeth.  It would make a world of difference, not for Zack, but anybody. She’s a lovely person and should put her best foot forward.  

I'm just scratching my head here wondering how she can "get rid of" her front teeth.  Drill them down?

• Love 1
On 2/27/2020 at 11:05 AM, sasha206 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I like Brandon so much more than I ever thought I would and now I get why he was so upset at the recording.  She probably was IGing everything when they first met. 

Excellent speculation.  He's clearly not as in love with the the cell phone camera as she is.

On 2/27/2020 at 11:05 AM, sasha206 said:

Austin.  I love him.  He's a cutie. 

He's growing on me, but I still see him as bug-eyed and a bit of a mouth breather.

On 2/27/2020 at 9:25 AM, Blissfool said:

Btw, I think mac n cheese as a dinner (No vegetables, no protein) is so childish.

Guilty.  Mr. Outlier likes Andouille sausage cut up in his, but I prefer the healthier vegetarian option.  When eating it, I like to arrange it so there's an individual macaroni on each tine of the fork.  Don't be calling me childish.

Oh, which reminds me...a friend of mine had cancer, and I was helping take care of her.  One day, I mentioned how back when we were in college, 25 years prior, she had shown me how she made Kraft Macaroni and Cheese from the box, with Vienna sausages in it.  She said she did not remember this, but declared, "No wonder I have cancer!"

Actually, I have another story about Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, from high school.  It involved 1970s era power-hits and drinking too much and the inevitable consequences, leading to the conclusion that I need to chew my food better.

That stuff looms embarrassingly large in my life.  And on the kitchen table at one unfortunate host's house.  Belated apologies, Carlos.

7 hours ago, princelina said:

I like Derek too, and Mr. P and I enjoy the occasional Kraft Mac & Cheese for dinner!

But I recall Derek talking about how he can cook, so I was surprised to see that familiar shape and color. 

On 2/27/2020 at 2:15 PM, islandgal140 said:

The only thing that I really like and find thoroughly unproblematic on this show are the dogs. All such cuties.

I noticed the name of the apartment building they live in--Barton House.  There's a website for it, and it says "Pet restrictions: Cats" with a $150 nonrefundable fee.  It looks like dogs aren't allowed. 

23 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Mindy, as she is, doesn't need to change. She needs to find someone that works for her.

I just asked, and Mr. Outlier said he wouldn't reject her based only on looks.  So I wonder what that says about me, that I'm with some clown who would go for a too-skinny horse-toothed possibly smelly bad dresser. 

I think she's pretty, and I noticed her shoulders in this last episode.  I'm always envious of people with shoulders that clothes can just hang on.  No slipping bra straps on her!

BTW, I was looking up to see how old she is (too young for Mr. O, it turns out), and read that she joined the Air Force when she got out of high school.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 2/27/2020 at 3:49 PM, Ohwell said:

Well if we go by that logic, then she doesn't need to shower or brush her teeth either.  And forget combing her hair then.  Just be funky and be herself.

I don't think the OP meant that at all. I find it odd that so many people speculate about Mindy's looks, that she's skeletal, that her teeth are oversized, that she must stink or be dirty. Just because a self-centered, conceited asshole isn't attracted to her. Oh, and let's not forget that he treats her like shit.  It's got to be something she is doing.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I don't think the OP meant that at all. I find it odd that so many people speculate about Mindy's looks, that she's skeletal, that her teeth are oversized, that she must stink or be dirty. Just because a self-centered, conceited asshole isn't attracted to her. Oh, and let's not forget that he treats her like shit.  It's got to be something she is doing.

I'm not excusing his actions at all and I think it's something both of them are doing--or not doing.

33 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I noticed the name of the apartment building they live in--Barton House. 

I was wondering how many of my DMV peeps caught that.  They only showed it briefly, so if you blinked, you missed it.  It's in Arlington, so when Derek said he works in Centreville, he has a hell of a commute!

When Derek and Katie were discussing where to live, and wanted something sort of between Alexandria (where she works) and Centreville (where he works), they came up with Mosaic in Falls Church as an option.  That is very realistic, as it is a super up-and-coming mixed-use residential/commercial "neighborhood".   

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Ima thinking Derek, Katie and Jax, Taylor and her sheltie live elsewhere since Barton House is not dog welcoming....

Maybe that's another reason why Zach didn't move in ...he couldn't bring Mills and Riley...

Naw...MAFS probably just paid more deposit for the dogs to live with the rest of the cast....

Edited by humbleopinion
2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

if she really has bad body odor or bad breath all the time, wouldn't her best friends tell her about that before she came on the show and got married? wouldn't they know that that would probably repulse the groom?  if they really love her they should tell her for her own good.

• Love 1
On 2/27/2020 at 8:25 AM, Blissfool said:

Are you referring to the mac n cheese, because that was all Derek. 

Btw, I think mac n cheese as a dinner (No vegetables, no protein) is so childish.

yes and from what I could see, it was straight out of the Kraft box.

• LOL 1

I like Taylor , but she needs to be honest. She made that video because she’s over Brandon and his verbally abusive, gaslighting ways. The video propelled Brandon to leave, so she didn’t have to. I wouldn’t want to work it out with him either. Be quiet Dr. Viviana.

Does Michael believe his own lies? That story about his job offer seemed kind of shady. He keeps digging himself deeper and deeper and then becomes upset that Meka doesn’t believe him. Shut up Katie! Derek should have definitely been matched with someone else. 

I no longer have any sympathy for Mindy. Zach has done everything but gotten a flashing neon sign saying he isn’t attracted to her. She needs to stop holding out hope and stop accepting his crumbs. When it comes to Brandon, Michael and Zach, just throw these men away. 

• Love 3

I know the experts aren't real experts, but some of these supposed matches are so obviously awful.

I didn't like the way Brandon handled himself on the honeymoon, but I'm now finding Taylor, and her inability to let it go, equally annoying. The video she posted and trying to play it off as an oblivious joke is not a good luck. Like Brandon said, she was making a point to belittle and hurt him then tried to say it had nothing to do with him. Meka can be a lot, but at least she checked Taylor about that.

Michael just seems shady and all over the place with what he says. The way Meka interrogates him over discrepancies understandably makes him shut down, but I'm sure it's also frustrating when his stories don't add up and isn't explaining anything. 

I'm not sure what Jessica's deal is. She seemed kind of "meh" about Austen and when she was talking about all the things he did for her it almost seemed like she was trying to convince herself she was into him. But then pushing him on how he'll be the one to say I love you, and she stops herself from saying it because he needs to say it first. Umm, ok. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Maybe that's another reason why Zach didn't move in ...he couldn't bring Mills and Riley...

Zach really counts on those dogs in a social setting.  They provide more accommodating conversation for him than his own sister. 

When he visited Mindy and her friends, Shannia exploded with glee when the dog came in the apartment, forever softening her view of dog owner Zach.

When he needed to end a conversation with Mindy, he suddenly had to find his pup.

Only other dog owner on the show as invested in his dogs, although in a different way, was Nick Pendergrast.

There is also Katie, who when Derek was joining her in bed, told him that's the dog's space.  Still, it is Zach who employs his dogs as a manipulative social tool.

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, cinsays said:

if she really has bad body odor or bad breath all the time, wouldn't her best friends tell her about that before she came on the show and got married? wouldn't they know that that would probably repulse the groom?  if they really love her they should tell her for her own good.

I think if that were the problem we would have heard about it from the other brides.  They may not tell her but someone would TH it.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Right! My God the way people describe her she's Quasimodo!  

I don't find fault in him for not being attracted to her.   There are super handsome men that I have had zero attraction to; men considerably less attractive looking and yet I was hooked.  Sometimes you just can't explain why you aren't attracted.  And even if it is a superficial thing --she just isn't pretty enough for him, I can't blame him.    It is what it is.  I don't think he's nearly as good looking as he thinks he is. 

Sometimes attraction builds over time.  Maybe that's what he was hoping for.  But he knows in the real world, he wouldn't give it 5 minutes. 

The only thing I can fault him for is going on a show where you are supposed to be with someone for 8 weeks and ditching the process.   But maybe he didn't want to be like Amber's "husband" who had zero attraction to her and then went out and was basically dating the whole time.  Maybe he thought this was kinder? Whatever the case, you sign up you go through the process.   

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Stunt phone call....

I definitely thought it was odd, but I think Taylor's affect is in general both disconnected and disconcertingly flat.  I am really wondering if there is a "there" there.   When she drops the good wife act, what's left is a surly blank.   Also a wig.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm on team Mindy is perfectly-fine-as-she-is. The most important part of finding a spouse is finding someone who accepts you for who you truly are. Yes, cleanliness is important and attraction an imperfect science, but brushing your teeth and getting an expensive, time-consuming set of veneers are two entirely different things. Say Zach "accepted" her — remind me again how he is such a prize? And, none of these people have managed to get married on their own, so to characterize Mindy as someone who has been repeatedly rejected specifically due to looks/hygiene is speculation at best.

To me, when integrity and character feels positive, it makes a person more attractive; if it's negative, no matter what you wear/drive/own, you seem ugly. While Mindy is obviously insecure, to me she is authentic; Zach (or for that matter Taylor) for all his "hotness" appears boring, vapid and fake.  

I think Katie is have huge buyers remorse and regrets giving it up so soon as she thinks it made her lose an upper hand and implies Derek doesn't have to work to win her over. 

I agree — she acts like Derek may have lost interest in her due to her having sex with him so soon, but to her, sex is a bargaining chip to hold over his head to "make" him love her. How romantic! That sounds, like, so mature. And the irony is that he *did* something utterly romantic by looking into adding her to his health insurance. Nothing says "I am here for you"  more, ESPECIALLY for someone with diabetes. Obviously unless the relationship utterly implodes, he's planning to stick around, but she is so distracted by this never-been-in-love narrative and her ex that she completely misreads the situation.   

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Mrs. Button said:

I'm on team Mindy is perfectly-fine-as-she-is. The most important part of finding a spouse is finding someone who accepts you for who you truly are. Yes, cleanliness is important and attraction an imperfect science, but brushing your teeth and getting an expensive, time-consuming set of veneers are two entirely different things. Say Zach "accepted" her — remind me again how he is such a prize? And, none of these people have managed to get married on their own, so to characterize Mindy as someone who has been repeatedly rejected specifically due to looks/hygiene is speculation at best.

Am I the only one that doesn't shower before bed? If I did, I'd have to take 2 showers a day because my hair requires it.  And it helps me wake up.  I wash my sheets.  I didn't realize until this show that apparently I'm unhygienic!  There is nothing to me that screams poor  hygiene from Mindy!

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 14

I made a comment about her hair looking greasy at times. I suppose being so active there's no reason to 'do' one's hair (other than washing) just to put it up & get sweaty again the next day. Otherwise she doesn't seem dirty to me, nor do I think she, or anyone, should make major changes to themselves (that they don't want to do), just to attract anyone.

FWIW I do think she looks great in her TH's & on Unfiltered. Her hair is shiny & healthy & makeup well done. I agree with others that she's an attractive woman, just not vapid Zach's gym rat type.

• Love 3

Why are the producers are giving Zach special treatment to live at this own place?

They should have drawn a line in the sand and told him 'either you move into the apartment with Mindy or leave the show now.  We have four other couples for a reason and show will go on with out you."

Is the drama that important?

• Love 9
On 2/28/2020 at 9:21 AM, Elizzikra said:

Who ever said that Mindy was dumped because the asshole that got her pregnant and then bailed didn't like her clothes or her teeth?  And who's to say that if she would just doll herself up a little more, she'd have her pick of lovely men who want to marry her and whisk her off to a June Cleaver life of vacuuming in heels and full makeup, then greeting the hubs at the door with a frosty martini at the end of the day.

Mindy volunteered for a show about marriage to a stranger. She didn't volunteer for a makeover. She didn't volunteer for an experiment about how much makeup one has to slather on her face to get or keep a shallow man's attentions. There are good men in the world who love their partners whether they are glammed up or sport a completely clean face. Those are the guys you want to marry; not the guy who insists you need to freshen up a bit before you greet him after a long, hard day at the old boys' club.

Cosmetics and clothes are a billion dollar business.  What’s wrong with looking your best for yourself?  It makes you feel good.  Plus, nobody has to “ slather” on makeup.  Even a little touch makes you look good, and why not look good?  If that’s the case, why did Mindy get all glammed up for her first impression at her wedding?  She looked stunning, and Zack thought so too.  His first words were “ you look beautiful”.

• Love 1
On 2/27/2020 at 12:49 AM, MajorNelson said:

I was surprised she told Taylor to apologize because they first showed Meka in a TH giving advice, and I was thinking she would clam up giving it to the party involved since that's what a lot of people do.  Good for her.  And you are sure right.

I suspect it was PASTED in editing. We don't see her say it to Taylor, so we don't know for sure & it's definitely doubtful. She told her to be "open." It looks like she called out her BS in the testimonial, but not to her face. 😂

Edited by Lindz
On 2/27/2020 at 5:49 AM, OnTime said:

Why isn't Dr. V there in the apartment with Taylor about the  Instagram video?

Cuz she's literally PHONING IT IN!! 😂😂 My guesses: they prefer to meet with both spouses, but probably her schedule was too busy to go there or something. What she said was stupid anyway. She let her lie & get away with the bs.

On 2/27/2020 at 6:09 AM, sometimesjennifer said:

before any of the experts contacted Taylor about it. Then when Dr. Viviana called her, it really just amounted to her saying, "Hey there, that video wasn't cool" and Taylor saying, "Oh, well." Where's her big come to Jesus sit down with the disappointed experts? Where's Zach's?

I think they have to contact the experts for help. Maybe Brandon did it later or they got back to him later when they had time. The experts seem very hands-off. They're really letting them twist in the wind. 😂

• Useful 1

Oh geez! 7 minutes in & apparently Michael's LYING??!! COME ONNNNNNNN!! I don't like the conversation going one way & the testimonials going another. She coulda asked him ALL OF THAT & saw it for herself. I think that should've been an "us" decision, he could've at least given her a heads up, instead of dropping it on her like that. She should've been FULLY AWARE of the situation.

• Love 1
On 2/27/2020 at 3:19 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

It's that tantric yoga (I think) exercise where someone coaches you through a variety of sensual and erotic poses with the idea that you'll 1) get comfortable being physical with each other and/or 2) get horny enough to go home and fuck.

Reminds me of season 4's Sonia & her GAY husband. Hmm. They might've already been secretly having sex at that point, but eh. That instructor was WEIRRRRRRRD!! 😂

20 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I was wondering how many of my DMV peeps caught that.  They only showed it briefly, so if you blinked, you missed it.  It's in Arlington, so when Derek said he works in Centreville, he has a hell of a commute!

He said he works in Sterling, not Centreville.

• Love 1

Good on Michael with them gestures!! I wonder if they were ALL him though, after his meet with Brandon. Still. Very good. However, he should've communicated that he didn't want to have the conversation, instead of walking away & putting them in a weird place. & YES Michael, lying is "REDEKLESS"! 😂😂

On 2/28/2020 at 6:32 AM, sasha206 said:

Why does he have issues in relationships that he needs to be on this show?

Needs? Ehhhhhhhh. More like, chose. He probably didn't apply & was recruited, BIG TIME & he bought into whatever they sold him & is staying for the camera time. 😂😂

• Love 1