Type keyword(s) to search

SNL Classic: Re-Airings, Past Casts, Past Sketches, Past Hosts, the Past

vb68
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, vb68 said:

Yeah, they messed up all the way around with this one.

I just thought it was was just so obvious a move....I guess that's what I get for thinking!

I'm not sure why in recent years they have become more reticent about airing older episodes in that slot. Years back they would air episodes from a season or two before - they don't even do that now. I could see them re-airing a cut version as vintage, but it would have been nice for fans to see the full version as a tribute. Well, at least they had a card.

• Love 2

I got curious, fast-forwarded to next weekend. There’s a NHL game scheduled from 7-10, followed by SNL. I’m sure Chadwick’s episode would air. I’m thinking the network can switch episodes with enough lead time . . . but then J-Lo got swapped out for Woody, so what do I know? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Love 2

Was The Aunt On The Bottom Left OF the screen Rachel Dratch ? That sounded Like Rachel And I thought IT looked A little bit Like Rachel ! Was The Kooky Aunt Paula Pell ? Who was the Aunt with the Glasses that did most OF the Talking ?

On 9/10/2020 at 2:07 AM, Jody said:

Was The Aunt On The Bottom Left OF the screen Rachel Dratch ? That sounded Like Rachel And I thought IT looked A little bit Like Rachel ! Was The Kooky Aunt Paula Pell ? Who was the Aunt with the Glasses that did most OF the Talking ?

If you mean the Jimmy Fallon episode recently, it was Tina Fey, Rachel and Paula.

Dean Edwards is a guest on Darrell Hammond's new podcast (they trade some SNL stories):

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-1-dean-edwards/id1531251458?i=1000490733516?i=1000490733516

Fred Armisen on Jimmy Fallon's show (there's also another clip).

Tina Fey, Rachel Dratch and Paula Pell did a bit on Jimmy's show recently.

Speaking of Paula, Quibi uploaded 3 episodes of Maplewood Murders for free. The show includes other SNL alum.

I've heard Jeff Daniels tell this story on Conan a while back of a plaster death mask that got stuck to his face and it's just as horrifying coming from Kevin Nealon. Although Jeff didn't mention it was possible sabotage from a disgruntled fired makeup artist!

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 3

That's a pretty disturbing story from Kevin's telling. It's a credit to Jeff that you can't tell in the episode - he is a very good host and smooth through the whole night. 

(making it even sadder is the sketch he had to be put into the mold for is kind of garbage, aside from the unique joy of hearing Norm Macdonald twang that he is "Sliiiiiim Pickens.")

Edited by Pete Martell

We're restructuring a bit here with season 46 kicking off!

Here is where to discuss what going forward;

Please PM me with any questions or for any clarifications.

Thanks!
@saoirse