Type keyword(s) to search

Love May Be Blind, But the Media Sees All

• Start Topic

The reunion is being aired live on April 16th.  I think this is such a bad idea.  I get why Netflix might want to create a "live" event for buzz but live event hosting is a skill.  Nick and Vanessa are only barely passable in the recorded reunions.  I don't know that I have much confidence in their live abilities.

Here's the announcement:

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Here's an interview with the creator of the show who answers some questions about why they elected to follow Zach and Bliss and who said "no" that surprised him (from a previous season.) 

If you haven't seen the finale, you might want to wait to read if you don't want spoilers.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/love-is-blind-finale-casting-backlash-zack-bliss-1235583044/

You know, I never thought about the people who don't get picked for more dates.  I am sure that someone is just not vibing with anyone and that can even happen pretty early on.  It makes sense that if they aren't dating they'd be asked to leave the pods.  I just assumed that people stayed around and continued to date but just didn't get to the point of proposing/getting a proposal. But if no one is picking you in their top three or four then yeah no reason for you to hang around.

He makes it sound like Zack was the driver to get Bliss back onto the show and not production.  I wonder who made the decision to include Josh.   It doesn't seem based on his reception at Chelsea's party that he was a popular guy to hang with on the men's side.  So I wonder if Jackie asked about him?

Finally, I had no idea that apparently there was some Tik Toker who did a whole video claiming Zack was a thief and a liar because the song he sang to Irena (or was it Bliss?) in the pods he claimed he wrote it.  But apparently it is some song from an indie band?  A couple of on line blogs picked up the story and 'Liar' and 'Thief' and 'Plagiarizer' were the headlines.  But Netflix/Kinetic did Zack a solid and gave him the unedited footage.  In the aired footage, he does say "this is a song I wrote' but in the unedited footage, after he says that he clarifies "well this is a song written by my favorite band I just redid some of the words." So he was able to nip that in the bud because it never really gained too much traction.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Did anybody see inside edition today? Danielle from season two was on there talking about how LIB didn’t have a very strenuous screening process as she asked them about the fact that she tried to commit suicide the year before was an eliminating factor and they told her no. Here’s a thought: if you yourself have questions about your mental stability, maybe don’t apply to be on a reality show?? 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Welp, Iyanna did a live on either Instagram or TikTok where she said the fial straw that broke her and Jarette was that Jarette cheated on her.  Apparently, the woman sent her a DM of her in Jarette and Iyanna's apartment. 

One other thing she said, kinda makes me a little sad... but she said she doesn't believe Jarette actually liked her.

Out of all the seasons, the S2 cast seem like the most chaotic/toxic overall, imo.  Season 3 seemed like the most depressing, imo.   I did a little insta stalking a bit and at least the women of Season 2 have really bonded.  They hang deep and not just for photo ops but they actually really hang.

• Like 1
On 3/27/2023 at 1:08 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Sorry if this was posted already, as it is old:

ENTERTAINMENT 

News

'Love Is Blind' contestants forced to film drunk, hungry and sleep-deprived, lawsuit claims

Published July 16, 2022 9:50 a.m. ET

By CNN
Digital

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/entertainment/2022/7/16/1_5990285.amp.html

Reveal spoiler

You will have absolutely zero idea believing the "sleep deprived" claim 😄😄😄

But this is the case for most dating reality shows. Contestants from The Bachelor and The Bachelorette have said the same thing. 

I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying that the "Love is Blind" producers are not unique in that regard. 

You can now refer to the show as "Emmy Nominated Love is Blind."

Outstanding Structured Reality Program

Antiques Roadshow
Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives
Love Is Blind
Queer Eye
Shark Tank

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, dabbrusc said:

You can now refer to the show as "Emmy Nominated Love is Blind."

Outstanding Structured Reality Program

Antiques Roadshow
Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives
Love Is Blind
Queer Eye
Shark Tank

image.png.6813c79afdc54d3b912b5d81f4f09591.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
7 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Yikes indeed!  Honestly, to try and avoid situations like this, they shouldn't be waiting for contestants to come to them, they should actively be checking in once a day to make sure everyone's okay.  Especially in Mexico when they expect two people who have just met to share a room (And I'm sure the fact that people have developed feelings for each other makes it more confusing).  Guess that explains why they didn't show the other couple who made it to Mexico.  This season really is such a mess.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Guess that explains why they didn't show the other couple who made it to Mexico.

The couple people were talking about being edited out isn't the couple mentioned in this article. This news is the first we knew that there were two couples edited out of Mexico instead of just one.   I don't think we know why the other couple was edited out.  They actually made it to the wedding ceremony.

So basically, we did have five couples go to Mexico. Two got edited out completely, one ended right after Mexico and that's why we only are following two couples to the end.

As for the assault, I believe it.  Not only do they put them together but they love to play them with alcohol as well.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

I saw spoilers on Reddit about who goes through with the weddings.

Spoiler

Stacie says no to Izzy's broke @$$ and he's now signed up as a contestant on Perfect Match. Following in Shayne's footsteps, I guess.

Milt-the-Stilt actually marries Lydia, contrary to the previews for episode 11. I wonder how long that marriage will last, since his family wasn't exactly thrilled with the age difference and how they met.

• Like 1

When Milton’s sister said his Mom would be googling Lydia, I immediately did the same. For someone who wants people to believe she’s highly successful and makes a lot of money, she should probably pay her bills. She was sued by American Express in late 2021. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Cameron Hamilton from S1 had a really nice interview with Aaliyah where she talks about the whole Uche and Lydia situation and how things panned out from her prospective.

It is a really good interview and worth a listen.  Cam had great questions and she was really good about explaining her thought processes. She actually shows a lot of grace toward both Uche and Lydia. I like how she speaks of them with nuance, making sure to not villainize either one.  She comes to the conclusions that both were telling their versions of the truth where some truth and lie both meet in the middle.  Sounds an awful lot like what Milton was trying to explain in Mathematical terms.

Reinforces my opinion even harder that Uche is really a Duche.  Two things she says that makes me shake my head even more about him 1) He lied to her that he and Lydia only dated for three weeks in 2020.  and 2) In the end she didn't think he was attracted to her physically and repeatedly told her she "isn't his normal type."  Someone of Reddit found a picture of one of his other exes and she kinda looks like Lydia. So....

Anyway here in the interview.  it is about 50 mins.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, juicyfruit said:

nterview with Renee from season 5. Her entire journey/engagement with Carter was filmed, but in the end cut from the show.  If the link doesn't work, her interview can be found on Out Of The Pods podcast, hosted by Natalie and Deepti (season 2 contestants).

Interesting listening!  For those of you that don't want to listen to the hr-long podcast, you thought Izzy had financial problems, Carter was a complete loser.  He didn't have a job, didn't have a credit card, and was overdrawn on his checking account by $500 AND he had anger issues.  LIB needs to do a better job of vetting people!

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1

From the article:  

"You just saw a tiny bit of it. We play and prank each other and try to tickle each other or try to spank each other, it's just fun."

I, for one, am very thankful that the editors chose to leave the "spanking" on the cutting room floor.

Edited by leocadia
ETA: remove a floating quotation mark

A lot of stuff is coming out on social media about season 6, in addition to what @snarts posted about Jeramey. Grain of salt:

Spoiler

Allegedly Trevor had a GF the whole time. Someone posted screen shots between the two of them, with him telling her he loved her and it was hard to fake being in love with someone else on the show. Not sure where those came from, so that may not be true.

Sarah Ann posted a selfie that people are saying is in Jeramey’s bedroom; not sure how they know that.

57 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

They seem to be very careful not to say they were involved while he was on LIB.  So if they broke up before he went, where is the smoke?  Is it because it was so soon after the breakup?  He did mention selling the the house and that isn't a quick process. I wonder if it'll come up in the reunion.

I’ve been the first person a guy has dated after his long term relationship ended, a few times, and it’s never gone well (it’s now something I screen for*), so it would give me tremendous pause to get engaged to someone who was two months out from a relationship in which he was engaged, owned property with her, and was raising her kid. He hasn’t done anything wrong if that’s the timeline, but I wouldn’t want to date him. And if Laura doesn’t know about this timing, that’s not cool.

*I met a guy on an app who it turns out was TWO WEEKS post breakup from his ex of six years, who had a kid he’d been a stepparent to. They were still living in his place. I just point blank asked him if he was cheating, because TWO WEEKS, and they still live there?! He said no, they were moving out in another few weeks and then sent me a video of an empty room a couple weeks later, which I guess had been the kids? Chile … anyway, we never made it off the app.

• Mind Blown 1
(edited)

I agree with @Empress1, and I think she's suggesting that the casting process overlapped their time together. 

Maybe he did tell Laura/the other chick but it seems odd that something so recent/significant wouldn't be mentioned.

Edited by snarts

Ok so, the link has been updated with a video from him.  He says that he was already out of the relationship before he got the invite to apply and had been by a couple of weeks.  They reached out in November of 2022 and said that filming would begin in March 2023.  So if his timeline is correct, it would have been at about four 1/2 months between the break up and the filming.  I mean, yeah, how quickly or not you can move on is an individual thing, but I am not sure this is quite the scandal TMZ is making it out to be.

1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

Ok so, the link has been updated with a video from him.  He says that he was already out of the relationship before he got the invite to apply and had been by a couple of weeks.  They reached out in November of 2022 and said that filming would begin in March 2023.  So if his timeline is correct, it would have been at about four 1/2 months between the break up and the filming.  I mean, yeah, how quickly or not you can move on is an individual thing, but I am not sure this is quite the scandal TMZ is making it out to be.

Yeah, this just seems very sour grapes to me from the ex and her mom.  I get that it would hurt that someone you'd been engaged to after a five year relationship could move on so quickly, but come on.    And unless there was some kind of abuse going on, why would any of the women Jeramy dated on the show need to contact her?  Seems like they're just trying to get their own fifteen minutes of fame from this, which is pretty sad.

• Like 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, Empress1 said:

A lot of stuff is coming out on social media about season 6, in addition to what @snarts posted about Jeramey. Grain of salt:

Hide contents

Allegedly Trevor had a GF the whole time. Someone posted screen shots between the two of them, with him telling her he loved her and it was hard to fake being in love with someone else on the show. Not sure where those came from, so that may not be true.

Sarah Ann posted a selfie that people are saying is in Jeramey’s bedroom; not sure how they know that.

Edited by DearEvette
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2