Type keyword(s) to search

Love May Be Blind, But the Media Sees All

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Properly OT but I decided to take a peek at the show done in Japan. Quite a difference. Not going to watch any more but pretty sure no over the top discussions  of sex will be going on. 

I watched all of Japan and there is NO sexual talk. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, snarts said:

This was their full actual response:

"In the very beginning when all the contestants are there, they don’t know who they’re talking to, and there are set times that everyone goes in and switches, etc.

Later on when the group has thinned out, contestants can request pod time with other people, and producers set it up.

The pod dates are seven minutes long."

But they also said this: 

Question from another poster:  "Only 7 minutes? Even the later dates when people have started to pick their favorite person"

Response from "crew member":  Yep. Most of the couples who got engaged had 10-15 seven minute dates.

That's just not really possible. We saw them eat together in the pods. We saw Sal sing a whole freaking song. We saw them move from sitting on the couch to the floor to lying on the couch under a blanket. And that's a big detail to get wrong, IMO. 

Edited by Jane Tuesday
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, snarts said:

Not surprised to hear that Shayne's issues were evident throughout filming. I actually side-eye the decision to cast him so recently after his father's death,

Yeah, I said in the thread where he revealed that his father had died two months before that I lost my father and I absolutely could not have gone on any reality show two months later. I had been laid off shortly before he died (I had a really, really horrible year. Worst of my life) and I was actually relieved because I don't know that I could have gone back to work two months later, let alone go on a reality show where I was trying to put my best foot forward trying to find a husband.

In fairness, he probably applied for the show while his father was still living and we don't know the circumstances around the death, but I know that grief is a motherfucker. From what the crew member said on AMA, Shayne was more problematic than was shown. I wonder how much of that was due to the fact that he was grieving.

I can see how someone like Natalie (stable, mature, has her shit together, seems pretty kind) would be good for him, but I don't really see what she saw in him, to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
57 minutes ago, Jane Tuesday said:

That's just not really possible. We saw them eat together in the pods. We saw Sal sing a whole freaking song. We saw them move from sitting on the couch to the floor to lying on the couch under a blanket. And that's a big detail to get wrong, IMO.

Yep.  This person might have behind-the-scenes info but their response to this question, even when given the chance to clarify, makes me doubt it.

Everything else they state, at this point, isn't verifiable.  Like they said Shayne was maybe tweaked before he went into the pod with Natalie and called her Shaina.  Are they saying he did drugs while in the pods?  I can't imagine they'd let people do drugs in that controlled environment. A lot of what they say is easy to believe but easy-to-believe isn't verifiable unless someone else spills.

1 hour ago, Jane Tuesday said:

Netflix is probably quite unhappy with him for coming out with that before the reunion! 

Maybe.  But I think the Shaina stuff is mostly just audience speculation.  The cliffhanger around him is whether or not he and Natalie worked things out. After Shaina talked to him on the beach, he was never shown talking or thinking about her--not in the way Shaina talked about him.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Are they saying he did drugs while in the pods?  I can't imagine they'd let people do drugs in that controlled environment.

Well, nobody really LETS you do drugs, you know? He could do a bump in the bathroom and nobody would know. I don't know if he did or didn't, but it's certainly possible.

He seemed really out of it at the wedding. He was kind of loping up the aisle, swinging his arms weirdly.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

Natalie either still cares about him as a friendly-ex/maybe current friend? or is willing to fake it in her interviews and Instagram interactions for some reason. (Deepti, by contrast, comes across as totally done with Shake.)

Deepti seemed cordial with Shake post-filming in that there was some social media interaction and she didn't avoid parties where he'd be.  But I do think seeing the show and having him try to use her on Instagram to make it seem like "see, I'm not so bad" led her to possibly block him.

51 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Well, nobody really LETS you do drugs, you know? He could do a bump in the bathroom and nobody would know. I don't know if he did or didn't, but it's certainly possible.

I guess I'm thinking about The Bachelor and how all of their suitcases are combed through the minute they get to the mansion.  I'd think the same thing would happen the 10 days they're in the pods. Out of the pods?  Yeah, I could absolutely believe he'd be doing drugs.  It's in the pods where I have doubts.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 6

Yeah, I don't see how Shayne would have access to drugs in the pods. The crew member claimed crew gossip was that Shayne did supplemental testosterone and cocaine. I don't find that impossible to believe at all! But I do find it unlikely that he did that in the pods, and his behavior in the pods was pretty similar to his behavior out of the pods.

Maybe he was on cocaine at the wedding, or maybe he was just nervous as hell because he wanted Natalie to say yes but knew she was probably going to say no. We know that  Shayne is very physical in how he expresses his emotions.

• Love 4

Worth noting, the mods over there have switched it to "unverified".

We are officially changing the flair of this AMA to "unverified" and it will remain thus unless u/LIBChiCrew gets in touch with us to further validate their identity. 

While we were reasonably satisfied that their proof was enough to demonstrate they were part of production (they produced several call sheets), there was not enough proof to say WHICH department. A lot of the things they were saying seemed like it was straight out of the grapevine, and there is some stuff that stands out: 

Allegations about Shayne's drug use. They said it like it was a certainty before being called out for defamation by u/advocatecarey, after which they admitted that they hadn't personally seen him take anything and it was all alleged. 

They did not know who had proposed to Natalie in the pods, only that it made her 'uncomfortable'. 

According to them, it was 105 degrees Fahrenheit outside when the wedding of Nick and Danielle was filmed. Yesterday, Nick's Instagram said that it had actually been 90 degrees. And upon checking the hottest days of Chicago in 2021 and before, nothing exceeded 96 degrees. 

There are other things too, but to me, these three specifically stood out. On behalf of the sub, please accept my apologies. We will improve the vetting process and demand greater details in the future. If anyone does want to get in touch with us for future AMAs, we will have to ask you to disclose your identity (which we will not divulge further). 

Please respond to this comment to let us know if you want us to remove this post altogether! 

• Useful 4
9 hours ago, Jane Tuesday said:

Worth noting, the mods over there have switched it to "unverified".

Another falsehood has come out it seems.  The "insider" claimed that Natalie wouldn't give back her engagement ring and had to be threatened with a lawsuit to get it back but that she finally did return it.

In Natalie's Instagram stories (today) she said that production let them keep the rings and she still has it. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

In Natalie's Instagram stories (today) she said that production let them keep the rings and she still has it. 

I am pretty surprised that production let the ones who didn't get married keep the rings (aside from Kyle since his wasn't provided by production).

• Love 3
On 2/27/2022 at 6:35 PM, Irlandesa said:

I guess I'm thinking about The Bachelor and how all of their suitcases are combed through the minute they get to the mansion.  I'd think the same thing would happen the 10 days they're in the pods. Out of the pods?  Yeah, I could absolutely believe he'd be doing drugs.  It's in the pods where I have doubts.

On 2/27/2022 at 10:04 PM, Zuleikha said:

Yeah, I don't see how Shayne would have access to drugs in the pods. 

I wonder if the protocols for searching suitacses were different during COVID? One the the houseguests on Big brother all stars which filmed during COVID said they were able to sneak in some pills (Xanax) and other HG snuck things in as well. The crew did not search as careful during COVID. In the previous seasons they would not have been able to get away with it because the crew search everything. Just a theory to think about. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Deepti was on Nick Viall's podcast today--The Viall Files.  (Shaina too but I didn't listen to her section.)

Some interesting things:

• Shake did bring up a lack of chemistry between them but all the "aunt" and "animalistic attraction" stuff wasn't stuff he said to her. 
  • During filming, he said he had anxiety and so she helped him out a lot.  She'd walk his dog, pack his lunches....etc.  (Me:  Oh no!)
  • Jarrette pulled her aside and warned her not to marry Shake because he was saying some not that great stuff about her behind her back.  She said he, Shayne and the others had her back.
  • She thought they could still be friends after filming because even though it wasn't a love match, they had been through a unique experience.  But when they'd go out, he always seemed to have an issue with someone at every place they were at.  He also would tell her about his dating life. They really weren't that much a part of each other's lives by the time the show aired.
  • Then when it did, he'd call her and instead of apologizing for some of the things he said, he'd complain about things he didn't like about the way he was portrayed on the show. 
  • Her issues with him were not because he wasn't attracted to her but because of how he went about it.
  • Then he started blowing her up on Instagram which is when she removed contact completely. (This is paraphrased but I get the sense that she was trying to say she blocked him without saying she blocked him.)
  • She feels he got a good edit.
  • She's not dating Sal.  She says she's single. (For those wondering where that's coming from, people have been speculating about whether or not she's dating someone else from the cast if she's pictured with someone people think is still single.)
  • After the interview, the host mentioned that a Love Is Blind producer sitting in on the interview said that the cast is universally in agreement that Shake got a "good" edit and it could have been much worse for him so it's not just a Deepti opinion.
Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, DearEvette said:

And apparently, Shake and Kyle are beefing on Instagram.  I mean, Shake and Kyle?  Did they even ever come face to face during the show?

Also, Shake: "I keeps it real."  What in the Chet Haze....?

Doesn’t Shake have shit to do? Wasn’t he trying to start his own practice?

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
11 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

And apparently, Shake and Kyle are beefing on Instagram.  I mean, Shake and Kyle?  Did they even ever come face to face during the show?

Also, Shake: "I keeps it real."  What in the Chet Haze....?

Ugh. I am kind of embarrassed I follow this show as much as I do but the spec is that it might have something to do with what happened at the reunion.  Other spec is that, because Kyle tends to comment a lot on Deepti's social media and follows her family, that they're dating/Shake thinks they're dating* and he wants to dirty Kyle up.  Either way, he is acting like a scorned lover.

*This was the other cast member, along with Sal, I had seen people speculate about but it all seems kind of flimsy, especially since Deepti say she's single.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

LOL.  and It gets worse.  Netflix just dropped a snippet of the reunion on their Insta about an hour ago.  Even Nick and Vanessa are not here for Shake. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaprNbAJJ5-/

Also if he really can't get past his personal preferences when it comes to looks -- which it sounds like he can't based on the clip -- then this was the dead wrong show for him to be on.

On a slightly spoilery note it looks like you can suss out the current status of Iyanna/Jarette and Nick/Danielle through their seating/body language.

• Love 7

I hate defending Shake because he's been a complete a-hole on social media, and I judge him very negatively for those actions. But I don't think he's saying anything genuinely controversial in the clip. He's just saying that we don't choose whether or not to be sexually attracted to anyone, and sexual attraction is not simply about finding a person beautiful or not or thinking a person is good/nice/kind. 

I don't think Shake needing chemistry to exist flies in the face of the show's premise. I think it is the show's premise. Shake seemed to participate in good faith with trying to find an emotional connection and seeing if that emotional connection would be enough. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

But I don't think he's saying anything genuinely controversial in the clip.

They come in mid questioning so it's hard to know the whole context but he's actually not saying much of anything because he can't answer Vanessa's question.  And when she calls him on it- (I'll put this in spoiler until after it drops.)

Spoiler

He tries to throw her off and says that she's the only one he's attracted to but, as to have her not have too much power with that knowledge, he also wants it to be known that it's not something he likes about himself.

He calls her "baby." 

I feel like he keeps trying to argue his point but his point isn't why people have trouble with him.  It's hot he tries to make that point, reiterate that point and live that point--regardless of any collateral damage--that has people upset with him.

• Love 2

https://www.vulture.com/article/deepti-love-is-blind-reunion-interview-shake.html

Deepti From Love Is Blind Says She and Kyle Are ‘Figuring It Out’

By Zoe Haylock @zoe_alliyah

One of the most exciting moments was Kyle professing his love for you! Had you heard that from him before?
A lot of people don’t know that Kyle and I had a really deep connection in the pods. He was my No. 2 person, so it wasn’t out of the blue. We do have this foundational bond. It was heartwarming and so sweet to hear.

Last night, he posted a TikTok with you in the background, and there was immediate dating speculation. 
The speculation is hilarious. We’re playing with them a little bit, but it’s funny. Kyle and I have such a beautiful friendship. We’re just figuring it out.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

They've been renewed for a season 4 too, I believe. 

But this article says within the next year.  Do they mean 2023?  That feels like it'd be a long way away because I believe they filmed S2 and S3 back-to-back.

Could be - I think there was a year and a half between when they filmed the first season and when it aired.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

That lists him as a “former vet” - did he give that up?

Sure sounds like it, although if he did I'm now even more convinced that the guy just isn't right in the head. I can't imagine that being a DJ pays well enough to cover his vet school loans so maybe he's hoping to score a spot on Survivor or some other reality show with a big cash payday if you win.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

can't imagine that being a DJ pays well enough to cover his vet school loans

He might not have student loans.  Vet school is expensive but he's an only son of parents who appear to be upper middle class. It's possible they paid for most or all of his schooling.

1 minute ago, Irlandesa said:

It's possible they paid for most or all of his schooling.

Then I can't imagine that they're thrilled that they spent all that money on a degree he's not using, and he would rather be a DJ. He seems to be a desperate attention whore.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Then I can't imagine that they're thrilled that they spent all that money on a degree he's not using, and he would rather be a DJ. He seems to be a desperate attention whore.

Related: I know of someone who quit being a surgeon to teach. She loathed being a surgeon. Her parents, who paid for med school, were LIVID. And at least teaching is stable income - it’s nowhere near what being a surgeon pays, but you get a check every two weeks. DJing isn’t stable at all, and you need to be really good at it to make any money. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 3/17/2022 at 6:57 PM, Empress1 said:

Shake has a new girlfriend.

You'll never guess her ethnicity or hair color!

I really wonder how someone of any background would be up for dating him in the immediate aftermath of LIB. 

I mean no matter how smart, funny, cool, great in bed, etc. he might be, I would think people would think twice over 1. how he was portrayed in the show and 2. the notion that your dating this guy would put you in a potentially unwelcome spotlight.

Unless that latter thing is a feature and not a bug.

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 3
On 3/24/2022 at 4:22 PM, Ilovepie said:

Who looks a lot like Shaina.........

And his big message is "don't settle?" Wow, he really is as big an asshole as the other participants made him out to be.

"Don't settle" is the correct takeaway from the Deepti/Shake storyline, in that she was right not to settle for him.

• Love 11
On 3/9/2022 at 4:52 PM, Irlandesa said:

He might not have student loans.  Vet school is expensive but he's an only son of parents who appear to be upper middle class. It's possible they paid for most or all of his schooling.

I feel bad for the students who didn't get in to Vet school because it is VERY competitive. He took the opportunity away from someone who REALLY wanted it. My daughter had a friend who took 2 years to get off the waitlist because there are so few openings.

• Love 1

The Dallas Morning News is reporting that Netflix has confirmed that Season 3 will be set in Dallas. A lot of reality shows cast here so I can only imagine the fame ho’s that will apply for this one. 

• LOL 1
15 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

The Dallas Morning News is reporting that Netflix has confirmed that Season 3 will be set in Dallas. A lot of reality shows cast here so I can only imagine the fame ho’s that will apply for this one. 

It has already been filmed.

11 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

It has already been filmed.

Ah, thanks. I’m behind on watching season 2 and I haven’t kept up with the latest. I just saw the blurb the DMN posted and thought it was a new announcement. 

There's a recent podcast interview with Lauren and Cameron--they discuss where they are now and the status of their marriage. 

I know some people are sick of this couple with their YouTube channel, IG page, and #couplegoals overexposure, but the truth is that the reality-TV origin of their love story did unfold like a fairy-tale. Lauren and Cameron are the first to admit that their marriage isn't a fairy tale, but they both recognize it as very special how they found each other. 

YMMV, but I still find their story fascinating. In fact, after listening to their interview, I ran back to watch season 1 again just to re-watch their origin story. (And to see Jessica Messica, I must admit). 

Netflix will never stop propping up this couple (please stay together. please stay together). Lauren and Cameron are their cash cows. I think they inspire others to apply for the show. And they keep viewers searching for another love story like theirs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5