Type keyword(s) to search

Love May Be Blind, But the Media Sees All

• Start Topic

That article @Victoriamarie73 makes me sad.  When I was watching the first five episodes of this show, I told my friends that the pod stuff was really interesting, but they only had two hours of that stuff.  By the time I watched the wedding episode, I was just annoyed that I had given 10 hours of my time to it.

And what I get from this article is that I was right. The pod stuff could have been HALF of the show. I'm sure I would have been much more invested in the show and the people with more insight into the conversations. The fact that this person truly fell for two different guys is so much more interesting than all of the moving in together, meet the family, bachelor party stuff. Well, it is to me at least.

• Love 5

Yeah, they could have added an entire episode with pod stuff and still kept all the rest.

I think the real issue, tho, is they decided on Kelly and Kenny who, even in the pods were snorers.  Kenny is pretty, but Rory just giving advice was more interesting.

• Love 3
On 5/6/2020 at 11:37 AM, Victoriamarie73 said:

https://releasethewomen.com/2020/05/04/what-dating-on-love-is-blind-taught-danielle-drouin-about-love/

"I tried to play it out in my head, if Rory and I still were cut off from the world and we had that pressure of the show pushing us... We might’ve gotten married, to be honest."

So much Rory and behind the scenes drama!! 

On 5/14/2020 at 12:07 PM, DearEvette said:

Yeah, they could have added an entire episode with pod stuff and still kept all the rest.

I think the real issue, tho, is they decided on Kelly and Kenny who, even in the pods were snorers.  Kenny is pretty, but Rory just giving advice was more interesting.

The interview with Danielle was really interesting--both about herself and others. Yes, she was spilling the tea (but not a mean way). Jessica had a third guy interested in her who almost proposed? And Danielle's story sounded way more compelling than Kenny and Kelly's. 

"We got back from Miami and tried to make things work for another week or so. But I decided I needed some time. I told Rory, “I’m so confused. You’re amazing, and I can’t even say anything negative about what we have. But I’m just so emotionally torn up inside. I feel like I can’t continue an engagement with you while I have feelings for Matt as well. I think I just need to resolve things on my own.”"

And I certainly would've liked to see more of the pod dates. One of the Mexico episodes, in particular, was pure filler. And we didn't need 1 1/2 episodes to meet the families. 

I hope there's some tweaking in Season 2 of what ultimately gets shown. I really want to see more of the pod dates. Even with people ultimately decide not to get engaged, those journeys are interesting, too. 

The funniest part of Danielle's interview was learning that the guy who said, "I'm a virgin" was just kidding. But they edited out the "I'm kidding" part and just used the virgin soundbite. That's reality TV, baby. LOL. 

• Love 3
On 7/28/2020 at 11:53 PM, ProudMary said:

Emmy Nominated!

Two words I would have NEVER associated with this show way back in February.  But now?  Oh, sure.  Makes as much sense as anything else that's happened this year!

• LOL 4

I am late to the party on this show and just watched ep 1 last night and I follow Cameron and Lauren on Instagram after seeing them be mentioned on social media while the show aired and it was a bit swoon worthy to see them connect. I might binge watch the rest of the season tonight.

• Love 2

I haven’t really followed any of the contestants since the show ended, but I just discovered that Giannina is a brand ambassador for Rhianna’s lingerie company SavagexFenty. The brand tends to pick social media influencers of various size, shape, background, etc. The brand posted some photos of her in their products on their Instagram page and in turn she also posted photos of herself in their products on her page. 

• Love 1
(edited)

There is a three episode follow up coming to Netflix called 'Love is Blind:After the Altar' that revisits the couples that almost made it to the altar along with Lauren/Cameron and Amber/Barnett as they all get together to attend a party that is being thrown to celebrate the two year anniversary of the two couples that got married.

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, DearEvette said:

There is a three episode follow up coming to Netflix called 'Love is Blind:After the Altar' that revisits the couples that almost made it to the altar along with Lauren/Cameron and Amber/Barnett as they all get together to attend a party that is being thrown to celebrate the two year anniversary of the two couples that got married.

Oh wow! Did this just come out? I miss this show so much. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I wonder if they have filmed or started to film Season 2 yet.

Checking in on the Futon Critic site, they say that season 2 and season 3 has been ordered. I'm wondering if they're dropping this little reunion stuff as a way to remind everybody about the show while they're either filming or editing season 2.  I'm sure they want to get it out there as soon as possible; it was a very successful show.

While we wait for season 2 of this show, Netflix is giving us a different version of the "I don't know what this person looks like" dating experience dropping on July 21st.

• Love 3
(edited)
34 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

Checking in on the Futon Critic site, they say that season 2 and season 3 has been ordered.

I did know they had been ordered but the pandemic had to have affected things.  They could probably have done the bubble but the outside stuff might have been more difficult to film.

It looks like they sent out a casting call in March of 2020. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

They could probably have done the bubble but the outside stuff might have been more difficult to film.

That's what I was thinking as well. They probably had to put the whole thing off until this year. I would assume that would even include a second round of casting or least a second look at everybody and where they are now as opposed to where they were in March 2020.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I didn't even know about the new season, but Netflix told me it's coming July 28!  I'm so happy!

It's not a new season, exactly.  It's three more episodes revisiting the couples/contestants from the first season.   to see where they are.

(edited)

Ok a new trailer dropped for the three episode series and looks like Damian and Gia are at it again and Carlton still has some issues.

But I love right out the gate

Cameron: "I can't even imagine being single now"

Lauren "You don't need to be thinking about being single." 

Cameron: "Give me the lips!"

LOL.  Perfect!

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 2

An alleged crew member from Love Is Blind Chicago did a Reddit AMA and gave some amazing behind-the-scenes gossip. One bit of information conflicts with other behind-the-scenes interviews I read, so it may not all be accurate, but the Reddit mods said they verified that the person is a crew member. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Zuleikha said:

An alleged crew member from Love Is Blind Chicago did a Reddit AMA and gave some amazing behind-the-scenes gossip. One bit of information conflicts with other behind-the-scenes interviews I read, so it may not all be accurate, but the Reddit mods said they verified that the person is a crew member. 

Yeah.  For instance, this person mentioned that the lengths of the dates as being only 7 minute dates even towards the end but I seem to recall some of the engaged couples from last season mentioned that they could talk for hours as they narrowed down the list of people they wanted to talk to.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Zuleikha said:

One bit of information conflicts with other behind-the-scenes interviews I read,

Mind sharing? I'm just curious. 

I'll be interested to watch the reunion, because some of this is definitely not matching up with what I've seen from the cast.** But then again, I realize these people all have to worry about their personal brands, even now.

Spoiler

I'm thinking specifically of the Shayne/Natalie stuff. She's been very clear in interviews that she was a "yes" until that last big fight. But this crew member says he was saying that stuff to her face for weeks, and they even cut back their filming schedule so she could get away from him. Somebody is shading the truth...

58 minutes ago, Jane Tuesday said:

Mind sharing? I'm just curious. 

What Irlandesa said. The crew member's claim about the limited time for pod dates conflicts with other interviews. All other interviews that have discussed this have been consistent that once the contestants are past the initial speed dating round, they have lengthy hour-long dates.

It will be interesting to see if any of the reunion stuff matches up or conflicts with the crew member's stories.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Zuleikha said:

What Irlandesa said. The crew member's claim about the limited time for pod dates conflicts with other interviews. All other interviews that have discussed this have been consistent that once the contestants are past the initial speed dating round, they have lengthy hour-long dates.

It will be interesting to see if any of the reunion stuff matches up or conflicts with the crew member's stories.

And another thing they said in that AMA when they were asked if it was the producer's idea to bring Shaina to the beach to meet up with Shane.  They mentioned that it was a fun thing to do because a lot of them bonded in LA and may hadn't met the other half of the cast (I'm guessing because of the gender breakdown of the pods.)  Except, I don't think any filming took place in LA.  Only the reunions do.  If they didn't shoot the pods in Chicago, they probably flew them back to Atlanta to film where they did season 1.

First that AMA was ...uh.. crazy.  The contestants on this season seem like a LOT compared to S1.  I actually liked the S1 AMAs from the other contestants, hearing BTS tea from them and so much of it aligned with each other.  Like, even before the After The Altar came out and it threw Mark under the bus, the contestants seemed to all agree that Mark was not the victim he was portrayed to be.  I would like to hear from the not-seen people to get their perspective.

Second, this AMA crew person says the show doesn't offer the contestants any sort of therapy.  That may be true generally, but Jessica from S1 did a recent interview with Bustle where she says in the aftermath of S1 with all the online hate she got, Netflix did provide her with counseling which she still uses.   Makes me wonder if the reason she got the vindication edit she did in After the Altar was because Netflix knew they did her dirty?  Or maybe Netflix is more evolved than the producers of the show?

Third, kinda like with the Mark positive edit in S1, it sounds like Shayne and Shake got a better edit than they deserved.  I believe that, especially with Shayne.  Also, if Shake got a nicer edit, then he mist have been really awful in places.

And finally, yeah the crew member definitely is wrong about the dates.  Not only based on what S1 people have already said all over the place, but in that thread, someone who self identified as a contestant themselves in the show said one of their earlier dates after the initial meet up clocked in at 2 hours. 

• Love 4

I do want to be careful to take the thread with a grain of salt given that we're all pretty confident the crew member was wrong about the dates. Some of the stuff reported about Shayne was secondhand gossip, and we don't know exactly what the alleged additional fights with Natalie were really like. Natalie either still cares about him as a friendly-ex/maybe current friend? or is willing to fake it in her interviews and Instagram interactions for some reason. (Deepti, by contrast, comes across as totally done with Shake.)

I wish they had followed one of the other engaged couples instead of Kyle/Shaina, too. Caitlin/Joey look like they were sweet, and Kara/Jason sound like they had drama.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Properly OT but I decided to take a peek at the show done in Japan. Quite a difference. Not going to watch any more but pretty sure no over the top discussions  of sex will be going on. 

Correct. The interactions in the Japanese version were all very proper and sweet.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

TA: That AMA is crazy. Apparently Shayne and Natalie had way more issues than were shown, and Shayne is ... troubled. Also Shake sounds even worse than he appeared to be on screen.

Shayne made a bad enough impression on Kara Williams that she posted about it on Instagram. 

• Love 1

Instagram post from Shayne, commenting about his behavior on the show. Interestingly, Natalie, Deeps, and Danielle all reply with hearts in their comments, and Natalie even shared it in her stories. It just makes it super hard to believe that AMA. I'd love to know what proof they offered for verification, and it seems coincidental that it happened to be on a less popular sub with fewer rules. 🤷‍♀️

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cafa5eUF147/?utm_medium=copy_link

Also, he directly addresses

Spoiler

the Shaina rumors. 

Netflix is probably quite unhappy with him for coming out with that before the reunion! 

• Useful 4

Everyone's making such a big deal about the crewmember mentioning the dates were 7 minutes long like the person is a fraud. They didn't say that EVERY date is 7 minutes long, they were referring to how the pod dates are set up.  This was their full actual response:

"In the very beginning when all the contestants are there, they don’t know who they’re talking to, and there are set times that everyone goes in and switches, etc.

Later on when the group has thinned out, contestants can request pod time with other people, and producers set it up.

The pod dates are seven minutes long."

IMO, the person was providing the length of time for the initial round robin dates. Subsequent dates likely varied widely in length, 

Not surprised to hear that Shayne's issues were evident throughout filming. I actually side-eye the decision to cast him so recently after his father's death, That said, I think he's a meathead and hope that Natalie runs far away.

There's a rumor that Deepthi & Sal might be dating. I don't put too much stock in as I think it's just based on an instagram pic of them but I think they might actually be cute together. 

Edited by snarts
  • Love 5