Type keyword(s) to search

Love May Be Blind, But the Media Sees All

• Start Topic

I’ve also told a few friends about it, and now they’re watching too! I think it’s better than the Bachelor has ever been because it’s even more embarrassing and it moves at a much faster pace. It’s just fantastic trashy reality television, and I love it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

5‘Love Is Blind’: Netflix Announces Reunion Special, Which Will Post on YouTube

From the article:  

Although details on the special are slim, it appears that the Atlanta-based cast of 20 participants will be a part of the reunion special, along with hosts Nick and Vanessa Lachey. The reunion was taped last week, and is expected to clock in at about an hour.

Per Netflix, the special will answer burning questions such as which couples are still together; whether any castmembers have any regrets; what it was like to watch the show unfold in real life; and why certain unexpected twists and revelations happened.

• Love 3

Lauren and Cameron also got a write up in the LA Times.   Some of what they said is somewhat repetitive of the Washington Post interview.  Seems like they are getting the lion's share of the post-show write ups.

I really liked that WaPo interview.  The both of them give great soundbite.  But I especially love  this quote:

The Post: Did you guys end up moving in together?

Lauren: Yes, we did.

The Post: Into Cameron’s place?

Cameron: Into our house, yeah.

I love his emphasis on 'our' house.  Yeah, I really like them together.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

I love his emphasis on 'our' house.  Yeah, I really like them together.

I had the same thought!

8 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Seems like they are getting the lion's share of the post-show write ups.

I wonder if that means they are the only couple who are still married? I know they're not the only couple that got married (I came to this show late so I am somewhat spoiled), but I wonder if they are the only couple who is married today, a year and change after filming.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I had the same thought!

I wonder if that means they are the only couple who are still married? I know they're not the only couple that got married (I came to this show late so I am somewhat spoiled), but I wonder if they are the only couple who is married today, a year and change after filming.

I have become somewhat obsessed with what is happening with them all now.  It is so unlike me!

But I am still not sure about Amber and Barnett.  In some places it seems like they were together still as late as August of last year but I can't seem to find anything after.  That just may be that they are better at hiding their social media than Lauren & Cameron are.  Or Lauren and Cameron fans are waaay more invested so they did a LOT more investigation in their status. 

Here is a Variety article that mentions how close Cam and her dad are now,.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, DearEvette said:

But I am still not sure about Amber and Barnett.  In some places it seems like they were together still as late as August of last year but I can't seem to find anything after.  That just may be that they are better at hiding their social media than Lauren & Cameron are.  Or Lauren and Cameron fans are waaay more invested so they did a LOT more investigation in their status. 

I believe that they're still together and just did a better job on not leaving social media clues.  The picture from the reunion shows them sitting together and it looks like she's touching him.  Only the current couples are sitting together including Damian & Giannina who are still dating.

image.thumb.png.bb1d5b0f477716db3e67fd3640a8f540.png

Amber's twitter really gives it away. Lots of posts of the two of them from the reunion. She re-tweeted this article which I also found funny as hell. 

LA Times article on Barnett & Amber https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2020-02-29/netflix-love-is-blind-amber-barnett

Edited by snarts
Edited to add that I just noticed the look on Jessica's face as she looks towards Barnett & Amber #gold

The picture from the reunion shows them sitting together and it looks like she's touching him.  Only the current couples are sitting together including Damian & Giannina who are still dating.

Wait, does that mean Kelly and Kenny got back together?

She re-tweeted this article which I also found funny as hell. 

Im convinced this dude is Artificial Intelligence and not a real human. Damian, you have the personality of a bowl of mashed potatoes. Entirely possible hes a robot. Get off my TV screen. 

While that's all true, it figures a guy who writes for Barstool Sports wouldn't see what a condescending ass Damian was being to Giannina. 

Also, "Barnett is a bro and a fuckboy... I found him the most relatable." 🙄

The misogyny in that article was so much, I couldn't look away.

• Love 4
(edited)

Rory (honestly, I would have preferred to see Rory and his fiance over K&K)  Did an explainer with Buzzfeed about how the pod dates worked.  I found it interesting the method.

Netflix did a quick, under 2 minute little video of pod dates between people we didn't see.  I liked Diamond & Mark's vibe.  Makes you wonder what could have been since they both ended up with disaster mates.

Giannina and Barnett

Amber and Cameron

Diamond and Cameron

Amber and Mark

Diamond and Mark

https://twitter.com/LoveisBlindShow/status/1232473671882526722

Edited by DearEvette
  • Useful 3
48 minutes ago, Lovecat said:

A++...I'm taking off one "+" because they missed an opportunity.  The line should have been, "...and I'm obviously Nick Lachey..."

When Nick said that I thought that anyone under 30 might have no idea who he is. Nick’s peak level of fame was a good 20 years ago. I think he meant it more as “obviously I’m the guy who’s married to her” since she introduced herself first, but still, I thought “Most of these people don’t know y’all.” Vanessa was less famous than Nick for a shorter amount of time.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Mrs. Button said:

Lauren's face at :33 is priceless. I feel seen.

Ha.  Both Lauren and Cameron's faces.  Poor Mark is looking down.

4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

People interview with Lauren & Cameron.

They give such good interviews.  I especially loved this bit:

LAUREN: I found myself kind of fighting myself. The timeline for the marriage — I was getting scared. It’s legally binding. So I did go through a time in my mind when I was like, “Am I really ready?” And I closed off a little bit in some ways. I had never been as happy as I have been with Cameron, and I think that scared me because I was so afraid of being disappointed, and I was projecting that onto Cameron. I had to really fight through that, and that was tough.

CAMERON: I tried to do this sort of comprehensive assessment of things like, are the family things going to be a problem? Or religious things? Or other social things? I went through that list and there was nothing that was a roadblock for us or nothing that would give me unease. So I was like, “Man, this does seem too good to be true.”

He's  such an analytical thinker!  I stan.

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 7

A couple of reddit AMAs with two cast members (one male/one female) who didn't get much of any air time.  Talking about their impressions of what went on.

Some quick highlights:

- Everybody got along gangbusters on each side (male & female), except maybe one female didn't hang out as much (I am guessing Jessica or Kelly) since the woman doing the AMA loves, loves, loves Gia, Diamond and Lauren.

-What you see on screen was what you got except.... Jessica may have gotten a harsher edit than she deserved and Mark wasn't as nice as he comes off.

-They tried to find ways to really describe themselves. Amber told everyone she had fake boobs.

- The guy who asked Lauren if she were African-American was the one who was most obvious about it. Also he was borderline inappropriate at times, None of the women were  too keen on him at all.

-The guy doing the AMA hangs out with Amber & Barnett and thinks Barnett is nicer than he comes off in editing and that they are a cool couple.  After having met Lauren IRL thinks of her as a 'power lady' and def agrees she is the real star of the show.  Cameron is 100% cool and is 'jacked.'  Thinks of them as a power couple.

- Sounds like they made a bad decision by not pulling in Rory/Danielle (one of the couple they chose not to follow) instead of Kelly/Kenny.  Apparently there was another triangle that rivaled Amber/Barnett/Jessica.

Here's the links:

This Contestant Aly's AMA

and this is Contestant Andy's AMA.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

They tried to find ways to really describe themselves. Amber told everyone she had fake boobs.

It figures. They really need to have some rules. I mean, you can't stop people from talking about how often they go to the gym or whether they played sports or their ethnic background or their body image issues. But within reason, it feels like production should set out some ground rules. No talking about height, weight, hair color, eye color, etc. I guess you can't rule out Jessica's baby voice without getting too crazy with voice distortion. 

It's too late now but, in hindsight, passing on Rory seems incredibly dumb, especially when they got a second chance and chose Kelly/Kenny instead.

• Love 1

The Lauren/Cameron glow up is insane!  I have been catching glimpses of them this past week on various social media and they are out and about in NYC being interviewed by almost every daytime show, radio show,magazine.  They had courtside seats at a Nicks game and were on the jumbotron where the stadium did a 'vote by applause' if you would share your toothbrush with your spouse.  They went to the Celine Dion concert. 

I am so curious if Netflix has anointed them the official spokes-pair for the show and sent them on this press junket or if they are being inundated by requests?  It seems super well co-ordinated and the two of them are stylish as fuck throughout this whole thing!  I swear they both look super hot.

Here they are on Hoda/Jenna looking very sharp.

https://www.today.com/video/-love-is-blind-stars-lauren-and-cameron-share-update-on-married-life-80065093900

• Love 3

So I answered my own question, I believe Netflix has made Cameron and Lauren the face of the show and have sent them on the whirlwind press junkett.

I listened to them on the Michelle Collins show on Siriusxm (seriously, find it and listen it is a riot! funniest interview they've done hands down) and apparently there was a Netflix publicist with them there the whole time.

I also watched their interview with Sway on Sirius.  Guys... Cameron rapped again and ...guys... it was ... it was.... good! Holy shit.

Here's the link to the Sway interview

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

The cast will be on the Ellen show today 3/10. 

Giannina still hasn’t met Damian’s family

Also, he revealed that his family had been involved in reality TV before and his dad is now wary of participating due to the stringent contracts. 

Ah that explains things somewhat.

Also apparently there was way more of their dramatic almost-wedding that we didn't get to see: https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2020/03/9531926/giannina-damian-wedding-dress-love-is-blind-scenes-cut

Edited by luvenan
  • Useful 1

It is very late in the interview start at 26:15.

He definitely stumbled a few times but otherwise, yeah, not that bad.

Also, he revealed that his family had been involved in reality TV before and his dad is now wary of participating due to the stringent contracts. 

!!! So the opposite of what I thought when watching the episode. I'm so curious what show they were on.

• Love 1

I was shocked to hear Jessica tell mark barnett was hot and sexy and he didn’t leave right then. It’s interesting to think of what would have happened if these folks picked someone else .

• Love 2

The Untold Engagements of Love Is Blind - The pairings we never got to see.  I was always curious about Rory who got so much screen time with the guys but didn’t get an onscreen romance.  It’s interesting what we didn’t see.  

• Love 3