Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Seana's Story

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, starlightlost said:

Y'all. I found her fb. I believe the missing story is she has 2 children and it looks like they've been removed from her care.

Ugh! Those poor kids! I hope they are in a better circumstance. She can't take care of herself, let alone children! Now, I'm even more worried about the dog! 

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, dahling said:

There's so much more going on here than  we were shown. I very much suspect relapsed drug use was behind Seana's mom kicking her to the curb so abruptly.

That would not be outside the realms of possibility. Seana is an addict in many ways. Food is the most visible manifestation of her addictive prone personality, but I would not be at all surprised if she was using something. From the mumbling speech patterns to her total inability to manage even the most basic tasks that any adult might be called upon to do, she seemed to exist in a perceptual fog.

In the end, no one is going to be able to save Seana except herself. She knows that she is a food addict (and it is entirely possible for her to be using drug again) and has used her addictions to cope when life got too hard. But fixing herself? No one else can do it for her.

• Love 8

If you google "Dr. Now's diet plan" it comes up with several links to it. She had no trouble finding the number for the pizza place, but can't goggle a diet plan?

Seana is 'dead inside' Her eyes were empty. Her face, expressionless.  She has no ambition. Tour bus driver? A hell no. It's just the first thing that popped into her head. She didn't seem to have any hobbies or interests besides eating. 

As for her Mom. Yeah, maybe the relationship seemed off there, but if she was to stick around, I don't think it would have made any difference with Seana. Seana is bound and determined to be miserable for her entire life. Therapy only works if you're willing to do the work, and the same goes for diet and exercise. Seana expected the magic miracle of surgery as a way out and it doesn't work that way. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

Episode ended with her taking exercise in a pool and signing up for a group home residence (I think?) so maybe there’s a small hope although she will never take responsibility for herself. She’s stuck at 12.

No, she looked into the group home but decided being on her own was what she needed, or some such excuse for not having to be held accountable to anyone. The person she met with was from some kind of low-income housing program.

1 minute ago, ilovebeaarthur said:

Wait, I also scrolled through her photos and one picture says she's a juggalette (female juggalo), just like our beloved Nicole, you buncha bastards.

I saw that lol but she immediately reminded me of Nicole right away just because of the mouth piercings

9 minutes ago, ilovebeaarthur said:

I found it last night too and thought maybe they were nieces/nephews. But WOW...

Did you scroll down enough to see the collage with her, a guy, and the two kids and their last name across it

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, ilovebeaarthur said:

Wait, I also scrolled through her photos and one picture says she's a juggalette (female juggalo), just like our beloved Nicole, you buncha bastards.

Maybe for the women, its a prerequisite that you weigh at least 600 lbs?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, starlightlost said:

I saw that lol but she immediately reminded me of Nicole right away just because of the mouth piercings

Did you scroll down enough to see the collage with her, a guy, and the two kids and their last name across it

I see it now! Lord. She must've been quite young when she had those kids.

34 minutes ago, ilovebeaarthur said:

I found it last night too and thought maybe they were nieces/nephews. But WOW...

I can’t find it. I’m seeing others with the same name but not hers. Geesh, I wonder if the sleazy meth addict roomie is the dad. I’m feeling more and more bad for snarking on her 

11 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I can’t find it. I’m seeing others with the same name but not hers. Geesh, I wonder if the sleazy meth addict roomie is the dad. I’m feeling more and more bad for snarking on her 

I have a healthy distrust for people. Makes me wonder if she is really as slow as she was on the show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I don't. Sure, she had a rough life, but she made it a hell of a lot rougher by her own choices. A woman of 23 that lost custody of her children because of things that she did... nope... no sympathy from me.

She doesn't need a parent or a caretaker. She needs a damn babysitter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ilovebeaarthur said:

I crack up every time I think of that scene!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

https://www.facebook.com/iseeyucreepin  Seana Spinner Collins is her name.   

I think we've been played again.   I'm not believing anything that was said by the poundtipant, or her mother.    The FB page for her has a lot of internet interaction, tons of pictures, and seems literate.             I really think this was another poundticipant that wanted to be famous, and played a role for the attention.      

Here's mom's FB https://www.facebook.com/cricket.spinner  Why do I suspect that mom moved to be with the boyfriend?   (apparently, the mother drives the tour buses that bands or other acts have.   Some of those are very luxurious).   

I bet Collins was the ex-husband.    And Cricket (I love that name, thanks to Connie Stevens) wanted some privacy so she used that last name on the show.   I think Spinner is the mother's maiden name, and lots of people use the mother's maiden name for a middle name.    I really wonder how much of the back story of Seana, mother, and father was real?        

There are no supersized episodes scheduled this Friday, or next week, so maybe they're not doing those now. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think we've been played again.     The FB page for her has a lot of internet interaction, tons of pictures and seems literate.       I really think this was another poundticipant that wanted to get famous, and played a role for the attention.    

That is what I was thinking when I looked at the page. It doesn't seem to be the postings/interactions of someone who is lost, slow .... whatever. She seems to know just what is going on. She probably needed the money for whatever drug she is currently on. In no way was she serious to lose weight. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

That is what I was thinking when I looked at the page. It doesn't seem to be the postings/interactions of someone who is lost, slow .... whatever. She seems to know just what is going on. She probably needed the money for whatever drug she is currently on. In no way was she serious to lose weight. 

She sure enjoys taking horrible selfies.

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think we've been played again.   I'm not believing anything that was said by the poundtipant, or her mother.    The FB page for her has a lot of internet interaction, tons of pictures and seems literate.       I really think this was another poundticipant that wanted to get famous, and played a role for the attention.    

I always check "likes," and they also don 't fit with a totally passive person.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think we've been played again.   I'm not believing anything that was said by the poundtipant, or her mother.    The FB page for her has a lot of internet interaction, tons of pictures, and seems literate.              I really think this was another poundticipant that wanted to be famous, and played a role for the attention.      

Thank you! “Spinner,” eh? Spinning BS?

1 hour ago, WonTon said:

She sure enjoys taking horrible selfies.

To be fair, I don’t think she has another option.

@Hana Chan, I’m OK with snarking again, LOL. Her FB is setting me off:

image.thumb.jpeg.5d6180709caa915e087941cff4dc2c79.jpeg
(“You’re beautiful like a beautiful piece of pizza.”)

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

When Seana whined I heard a need to be taken care of, someone on her side but it was from a five year old Seana. She wanted Dr. Now to be proud of the little bit that she did accomplish. From the story I see one parent never loving her and the other one not providing proper guidance towards resolving issues. Something is severely wrong with anyone who suggests blowing up a gas tank with a child in the car... and he is still in the child's life.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

If you google "Dr. Now's diet plan" it comes up with several links to it. She had no trouble finding the number for the pizza place, but can't goggle a diet plan?

Seana is 'dead inside' Her eyes were empty. Her face, expressionless.  She has no ambition. Tour bus driver? A hell no. It's just the first thing that popped into her head. She didn't seem to have any hobbies or interests besides eating. 

As for her Mom. Yeah, maybe the relationship seemed off there, but if she was to stick around, I don't think it would have made any difference with Seana. Seana is bound and determined to be miserable for her entire life. Therapy only works if you're willing to do the work, and the same goes for diet and exercise. Seana expected the magic miracle of surgery as a way out and it doesn't work that way. 

Tour bus driver is almost as good as the one a few weeks ago who wanted to move to Japan with basically not a penny to his name.  He may have been the one with the tabletop lymphedema because I remember how much I wanted to kick him in that thing every time he gave Dr Now that idiotic "noted" answer.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Oh my...watching this episode was like watching paint dry! I agree with the posters who said there was definitely things left out, cause this was a big old mess! And did anyone else feel like they were watching the SNL Pete Davidson CHAD skit? With all the "OK" "OK" "OK" she kept uttering over and over. Between that and the mumbling, I don't know how Dr. Now didn't just hang up on her and say "I'm done with this one!" 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Pretty5Vacant said:

Me too, she gave it one bloop on the nose and that's all. I would of had it in my lap, rolled on the floor with it...etc. It didn't get very much attention

My cats get kisses and hugs all day long they are tired of it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, nytonc said:

Whoa she’s a big one! I was late to Live Chat again and I’m so mad bc this looks like such a snarkable  episode.. I don’t know why Mom was worried about her fitting in the truck.  Put her in the back and throw a tarp over her. I’m only a half hour in and I’m pretty sure Seana will not qualify for weightlosssurgery. When Dr Now told her to lose 80 lbs in 2 months, she look completely flabbergasted. I can’t decide if Seana is intellectually challenged or she just doesn’t give a fuck. This wll not end well. The girl who weighs people in Dr Now’s office looks like she’s already over Seana and it’s only her second weigh in. My dog has more emotional maturity than crybaby Seana. 

I always get a good laugh when they run  previews for Twitney’s show. This is your life, in reverse. 

Were you in my house last night???  Said the exact same thing.  I did not like this gal.  In fact, we didn't finish the ep.  Maybe tonight.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

And, as you remarked during the Live Chat, on the prowl for a nursing home she can move into and eat, eat, eat. As I responded, the irony is that her name is the feminine version of Sean.

Her episode definitely infuriated me but I have to admit that I was touched by the depth of her depression as in it was almost palpable oozing through my tv screen.

My two initial takeaways are:

1. While I believe someone of her size should have the opportunity to address her super morbid obesity she, in particular, should have NEVER been approved for M600PL. I'm sure most of us could tell early on in this episode that her first priority should have been to address her severe depression and anxiety issues. She was just constitutionally incapable of following the most basic of instructions from Dr. Now and was destined to fail.

2. I am very glad that her mother finally made the decision to leave her abusive crap husband, although it took him almost incinerating her daughter for her to do so. However, it always makes my blood boil when I hear someone in her situation say that they would stay in that type of relationship if the abuser only abused them but if he does it to her child/children then they're outta there. Children are always affected by domestic violence even if the abuser never lays a hand on them. They live in a toxic and painful  environment and everybody needs to get the Hell out as soon and as safely as possible.

Agreed. She would benefit greatly by inpatient treatment. She had such flat affect. And she was so scared of disappointing/angering Dr. Now, which is understandable given her background. She really didn't have anyone to help her out of her depression. 

I'm glad Dr. Now at least realized that she's too depressed to do anything and said he'd welcome her back if she completes 6 months of bimonthly therapy. 

• Love 5

I read through Live Chat and this thread, and I just can't make myself watch this episode. It sounds soul sucking depressing, and I've been in such a good mood this past week and I don't want to ruin it. I appreciate those who did watch and gave commentary. I love the snark usually, but when people start bailing during Live saying "I can't snark at this," I know it's bad.

• Love 4

According to my cable guide, there is no SS scheduled.  Do I really need to know that her favorite water is aqua?

As for being played .... No matter how clever Seana may think she is .... Seana is still probably reeling from how her mother used the program to play her.  

Looking at the current state of TLC programming,  with ancient shows in their daytime programming, and nearly zero reruns of their new limited run nighttime shows, other than 600, looks like along with the cable cutters,  the advertisers have disappeared.  No wonder we see so many noncompliant patients.  They filmed it, so might as well show it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think we've been played again.   I'm not believing anything that was said by the poundtipant, or her mother.    The FB page for her has a lot of internet interaction, tons of pictures, and seems literate.             I really think this was another poundticipant that wanted to be famous, and played a role for the attention.      

Here's mom's FB https://www.facebook.com/cricket.spinner  Why do I suspect that mom moved to be with the boyfriend?   

I bet Collins was the ex-husband.    And Cricket (I love that name, thanks to Connie Stevens) wanted some privacy so she used that last name on the show. 

There are no supersized episodes scheduled this Friday, or next week, so maybe they're not doing those now. 

Oh jesus!  She pulled an Angie G (?) with the insta filters of dog noses etc.  

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Some major stuff obviously went on behind the scenes. 

Understatement. This episode feels like bizarro world. The mother’s actions do not make a lick of sense to me. Her initial supportiveness contrasted with her sudden absenteeism was jarring even for me watching, let alone for someone as emotionally crippled as Seana. Expecting someone who has had an in-home care giver most of their life suddenly do well when all strings are cut instantaneously is short of insanity. Look how well Sean did. Oh. Oh wait. 

It’s the equivalent of dumping a lap dog in a corn field and saying “nice knowing you.” If she doesn’t do her own self in, someone else will take advantage of her. This episode is just... sad.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, 7788BeaconHighway said:

I

There have been at least a couple of other poundticipants with the same issue of addict identity that they don't want to give up. I can't remember which ones though. 

I do believe Robert was one of them.  He kept wanting more and more skin removal surgery just so he could get more pain meds.  And when Dr. Now told him there would be no forthcoming surgery any time soon, he lost all motivation and started doing nothing and that's when Dr. Now moved him from rehab to a nursing home and then he ended up dying.

7 hours ago, Fig Newton said:

Silver Lining:

If I didn't watch this train wreck of a show, I would not have known the name

DERRICKUS

.......................existed.

This is so great. 

I feel like it must be some riff on the Hootie and the Blowish guy Darius Rucker. That’s all I can muster.

• LOL 4
14 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We travel quite a bit.  If we're cruising, I spend the first hour on-board putting things away in our cabin.  We start a stack for those constant "jewelry sale" papers they leave for us every day (recyle!!!), and things that are trash go right into a trash can.

In other words, if you're going to be somewhere for more than a couple of  nights, NOTHING that matters to you should get lost.  Especially four times.

Also . . . most hotels with a snack bar have healthy options.  She could have picked up a plastic cup full of celery and carrot sticks. 

This young woman appears to be mentally challenged and unable or unwilling to make healthy decisions on her own.  I - sadly - don't see a good outcome for her.

I wondered if maybe she was semi literate and kept making excuses for not reading by loosing it. (How do you lose an email?) she seemed a little challenged intellectually.

ETA. After reading the rest of everyone’s posts and looking at her FB, she may have played me.

Edited by Angry Moldovan
  • Love 5

I may be completely wrong (and it wouldn’t be the first time! 😂) but I don’t think Seana played us. I think Mom and Derrickus are the players. 

It seemed to me that Seana was probably pushed into participating in the show by her mom, who was fed up with supporting Seana’s massive addiction. I don’t think Seana ever had any real desire to change, hence the constant “I lost it” excuse. When mom realized this was going to total failure, she just bailed out and left town.  Derrickus was just in it for the fun of being on tv. When the fun ended, he disappeared too.

I really believe that Seana has significant mental and development issues and I wish someone could have stepped in and provided real, meaningful help. But unfortunately it appears that she is facing this alone and I just don’t think she has the life skills and mental strength necessary to handle it. 

Hope she doesn’t end up like Sean, but I won’t be surprised. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

After seeing Seana's and Cricket's fb pages, I've lost all sympathy for Seana and now I'm doubting  just how helpless and "depressed" she really is.  

That story about  her father wanting to blow up the car with her in the back seat has me wondering why  he would willingly destroy his own car.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Dittohead said:

After seeing Seana's and Cricket's fb pages, I've lost all sympathy for Seana and now I'm doubting  just how helpless and "depressed" she really is.  

That story about  her father wanting to blow up the car with her in the back seat has me wondering why  he would willingly destroy his own car.

The only Facebook page I saw just had pictures. What did you see that changed your mind?

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Dittohead said:

I wondered whether he was so drunk he thought the gas tank opening was an ash tray.  He and Mama got into a physical altercation because there was no dealing with him.  She was fighting with him to keep him away from the gas tank?????

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

This show has lost its' Mojo.

Seana clearly has never, will never and can never get the help she doesn't want. Period. She's a masters class in avoidance, her skill beyond eating mass quantities of food is simply to ignore an uncomfortable situation.   She has already indicated "nobody" else was willing to help her except Dr. Now. The key component here is that SHE is not willing to help herself. With any addiction, help does not help if you don't want to help your own damn self.

I personally can not blame her mother for kicking her out. The time was overdue. I feel that as an adult, the mother no longer is responsible to provide for her daughter. Seana made ZERO attempt to help herself. At all! She is a bible of excuses for absolutely everything. C'mon now, she lost the damn diet sheet how many times?? And never, on her own accord thought to contact Dr. Now? She had Derrickus and her mother direct her to call him, but no....she was SCARED. Her tactic at self-avoidance.

Sure, this is her maladaptive coping mechanism.   She has already been hospitalized psychiatrically, she has been a meth user, a food addict, a lazy individual. And  yet, she is to lose weight?? Nah, she has no intention whatsoever. None. Zero. Zilch. At least Mom works, and supported Seana who likely eats moms' paycheck like a stuffed crust pizza.  Losing weight would negate her only adaptive skills. She is not interested in being anything beyond a lazy, overweight, pathetic person. That is her persona, her character and her spirit. She created it, and only she can work on it.

• Love 6

Not surprised that Seana in real life is far different than Seana on the show. These lazy producers never deviate from the script:

• Lolling in bed
  • Naked toilet/shower scene
  • Fish-eye lens view of person sprawled in chair
  • Consuming 20-lb plate of breakfast foods supplied by enabler who signed an appearance contract
  • Road trip consisting of several stops for fast food
  • Weigh in
  • Complaining about diet/cheat days
  • Staring into space on sofa somewhere in Houston
  • Weigh in
  • Failure
  • Walk in park
  • Where are they now one year later

This show has no space for actual reality. 

Its like I said elsewhere, after the previous episode with the siblings, who really tried, who despite an initial setback, were optimistic and determined to do well, we had to expect a back to normal (or abnormal). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4