Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E15: Kenya vs Ken

• Start Topic

I'm torn on Kenya. On one hand, I get she's damaged because of her mother's rejection, but the bitch is evil. It's harder to feel sorry for her regarding her marriage because lord knows how she probably fought for that knowing what she was getting. I like that he is not tolerating her terrible, trifling behavior, like inviting one half of a couple. She tried to spoil Mike's proposal. Ken invites some of Marc's criticism, That said, he's definitely kind of mean.

Cynthia, Cynthia, Cynthia. As someone up thread suggested, she needs to pull out the big dummy T-shirt. Mike Hill is awful. At least the silly cow signed a pre-nup to protect her assets.

The husbands on most of the shows usually all get along for the most part and sometimes their segments are the most fun, like the guys on Married to Medicine. The Jersey husbands just had an outing together during which poor Dr. Bill got completely plastered but a good time was had by all.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, politichick said:

I'm torn on Kenya. On one hand, I get she's damaged because of her mother's rejection, but the bitch is evil. It's harder to feel sorry for her regarding her marriage because lord knows how she probably fought for that knowing what she was getting. I like that he is not tolerating her terrible, trifling behavior, like inviting one half of a couple. She tried to spoil Mike's proposal. Ken invites some of Marc's criticism, That said, he's definitely kind of mean.

Cynthia, Cynthia, Cynthia. As someone up thread suggested, she needs to pull out the big dummy T-shirt. Mike Hill is awful. At least the silly cow signed a pre-nup to protect her assets.

The husbands on most of the shows usually all get along for the most part and sometimes their segments are the most fun, like the guys on Married to Medicine. The Jersey husbands just had an outing together during which poor Dr. Bill got completely plastered but a good time was had by all.

I get it, it's easy to be torn on Kenya. but her bitterness and nastiness  and everything else was because of her hurt , as they say " hurt people , hurt people. " It something she has always needed, love can soften her up,( I was so hoping Marc could )  but it's nothing like a good mother's love, she has acted out for so long this behavior is just part of who she is. She rejected the  grandmother that raised her, loved he,r and took care of her , Kenya treated her badly growing up because she wanted and needed her own mother and the rejection just made the wound deeper, not even being acknowledged by her mother even when they were all in the same room.  I only know this because of the stories Kenya has told regarding her childhood. Children grow to be adults still hauling this baggage of hurt around and they make others pay for it.  I am just happy that she matured and grew to acknowledge the love of her father and grandmother.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, lasu said:

Look.  I don't like Kenya.  I just don't.  But there are two things I feel badly for her about - her mother's rejection of her, and now her husband's rejection of her.   I don't believe either are karma, and personally, I think that's not the best way of looking at, because it places the blame for Marc's behavior on her.  Marc is fucking awful.  It's not just about him shutting down her petty.  Even if it was that, I would still have a huge problem with how hard he is selling her out in front of people he KNOWS are going to eat it up.  I have a huge problem when one partner is acting horribly to the second, and people say the second "deserves" it, either because of their past behavior, or because they go back to their partner.

I fully admit I take this personally.  I've been in and out of an abusive relationship for nearly 6 years.  And I've been told I deserve the abuse because I have had some very problematic behavior myself (so I guess I'm getting my karma), and because I have returned to him numerous times.  For someone whose self esteem is being eroded by their partner, being told they get what they deserve just completely compounds the problem.  It makes it so much worse knowing there are people who enjoy your pain, and who are rooting against you, and blame you for someone else's bad/abusive behavior.

I don't like Kenya.  I don't mind seeing her get what she "deserves," but to me, that's being outted for wearing a wig and supposedly hurting her business after the nonsense she pulled with Marlo.  That seems like fair play.  What her husband is doing to her isn't fair play.  He's an awful human being who has likely treated many other women like this, maybe even ones who didn't "deserve" it like Kenya supposedly does.  Marc shouldn't be given a pass for truly terrible behavior just because it's directed at someone I don't like.

Marc enjoys hurting Kenya, he needs to break her down in order to feel better about himself. Kenya is a very independent woman financially, there is nothing she needs Marc for except to be her husband and love her . That's the part he resents about her, she really does not need him and that bothers him because he has no control over her, so by degrading her , it makes him feel powerful. Next week he doesn't want her leaving him at the table, she said, I don't understand why I can't walk around. ? It's all about controlling her the only way he knows  how.  Remember he would not marry her if she insisted on a prenup? Thus they don't have one, (can't believe she agreed to that ) but that a form of control as well.

8 minutes ago, byrd said:

Marc enjoys hurting Kenya, he needs to break her down in order to feel better about himself. Kenya is a very independent woman financially, there is nothing she needs Marc for except to be her husband and love her . That's the part he resents about her, she really does not need him and that bothers him because he has no control over her, so by degrading her , it makes him feel powerful. Next week at the event he doesn't want her leaving him at the table, she said, I don't understand why I can't walk around. ? It's all about controlling her the only way he knows  how.  Remember he would not marry her if she insisted on a prenup? Thus they don't have one, (can't believe she agreed to that ) but that's a form of control as well.

Edited by byrd
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, lasu said:

Look.  I don't like Kenya.  I just don't.  But there are two things I feel badly for her about - her mother's rejection of her, and now her husband's rejection of her.   I don't believe either are karma, and personally, I think that's not the best way of looking at, because it places the blame for Marc's behavior on her.  Marc is fucking awful.  It's not just about him shutting down her petty.  Even if it was that, I would still have a huge problem with how hard he is selling her out in front of people he KNOWS are going to eat it up.  I have a huge problem when one partner is acting horribly to the second, and people say the second "deserves" it, either because of their past behavior, or because they go back to their partner.

I fully admit I take this personally.  I've been in and out of an abusive relationship for nearly 6 years.  And I've been told I deserve the abuse because I have had some very problematic behavior myself (so I guess I'm getting my karma), and because I have returned to him numerous times.  For someone whose self esteem is being eroded by their partner, being told they get what they deserve just completely compounds the problem.  It makes it so much worse knowing there are people who enjoy your pain, and who are rooting against you, and blame you for someone else's bad/abusive behavior.

I don't like Kenya.  I don't mind seeing her get what she "deserves," but to me, that's being outted for wearing a wig and supposedly hurting her business after the nonsense she pulled with Marlo.  That seems like fair play.  What her husband is doing to her isn't fair play.  He's an awful human being who has likely treated many other women like this, maybe even ones who didn't "deserve" it like Kenya supposedly does.  Marc shouldn't be given a pass for truly terrible behavior just because it's directed at someone I don't like.

I'm very sorry about your suffering. I agree with everything you've said. I've detested Kenya many times, but lately I've been feeling pretty awful for her. The issues with her mom are just tragic and her uncharacteristic Stepford Wife behavior is troublesome, to say the least. Marc is like the proverbial chauvinist pig dressed up in tails. He's a brute with a smooth manner.

I used to hope she'd somehow have a happy ending with him, but I don't see how that's possible with this turd.

• Love 11
19 hours ago, renatae said:

I'm very sorry about your suffering.

Thank you.

And yes, I do hope my ex gets what he deserves after what he put me through.  The difference is that I believe what he deserves is help to get over his own childhood trauma and be a happy person.  I do not excuse his behavior, not for one second, nor the bad behavior of these fools on my tv.  But I do believe hurt people hurt people, and until that hurt is healed, it will continue to cycle.  So I hope everyone can figure out a way to heal their hurts.  The world would be a better place.

• Love 6

I'm rewatching previous seasons and it's made me wonder what ever happened to Kenya's Aunt Lori and her cousin (I think her name was Shay?).  I really liked them, especially as they seemed to help ground Kenya as a normal person.  They were very aware of her shenanigans, but they always told her the truth, called her on her shit, and made her take responsibility for her actions in a tough love way that she was fairly responsive/receptive to.  Considering that Kenya isn't really friends with most of the housewives, she needs people that she can trust to talk to and who can call her out as necessary.  I hope that even if they aren't on the show, they're still involved in her life.   

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

I'm rewatching previous seasons and it's made me wonder what ever happened to Kenya's Aunt Lori and her cousin (I think her name was Shay?).  I really liked them, especially as they seemed to help ground Kenya as a normal person.  They were very aware of her shenanigans, but they always told her the truth, called her on her shit, and made her take responsibility for her actions in a tough love way that she was fairly responsive/receptive to.  Considering that Kenya isn't really friends with most of the housewives, she needs people that she can trust to talk to and who can call her out as necessary.  I hope that even if they aren't on the show, they're still involved in her life.   

Wasn't her cousin part of that marching band stunt Kenya did? She seems to weave in and out of a few episodes but is largely forgettable. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, lasu said:

Thank you.

And yes, I do hope my ex gets what he deserves after what he put me through.  The difference is that I believe what he deserves is help to get over his own childhood trauma and be a happy person.  I do not excuse his behavior, not for one second, nor the bad behavior of these fools on my tv.  But I do believe hurt people hurt people, and until that hurt is healed, it will continue to cycle.  So I hope everyone can figure out a way to heal their hurts.  The world would be a better place.

I thank you for speaking up. I was in an abusive marriage and it is really hard to explain to someone who hasn’t experienced it the kind of manipulation and mind games they play and how it really affects your self-esteem and how they isolate you. I am so glad that you have been able to break the cycle and your hope for your ex to heal his hurts is incredible and says so much wonderful about you.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Wasn't her cousin part of that marching band stunt Kenya did? She seems to weave in and out of a few episodes but is largely forgettable. 

Yeah, I could have sworn I saw Kenya introducing Che to someone at some point this season.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

She was both at Marlo's event with Kenya and at kickball. I know that in earlier seasons she was a balancing force, but this season, she seems only to be around as Kenya's +1. She also showed up in one of the first episodes when Kenya was yelling at her about how she was picking up Brooklyn. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Shay has appeared with Kenya in at least 3 episodes this new season, I'm sure her family is still around her

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 8:56 AM, SuzWhat said:

I must need better glasses as I was thinking she looked great.   She is very beautiful.  I'm usually not a fan of that blonde color but for some reason it looked good to me.  

Eva is stunning and she and makes Beautiful babies:

Edited by byrd
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

11 hours ago, link417 said:

Yeah, I could have sworn I saw Kenya introducing Che to someone at some point this season.

2 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

She was both at Marlo's event with Kenya and at kickball. I know that in earlier seasons she was a balancing force, but this season, she seems only to be around as Kenya's +1. She also showed up in one of the first episodes when Kenya was yelling at her about how she was picking up Brooklyn. 

giphy.gif

I clearly have not been paying attention to this stupid show (I always multitask when it's on), cause I don't remember seeing her at all!  So let me restate, I miss her family being more than plus ones and actually having Come to Jesus conversations with Kenya on camera.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

At this function Marc is presenting for young black men. I hope Marc doesn’t share his views on how to treat women. I mean I dislike Kenya as much as the next person. Kandi says Kenya acts like an angel around Marc and he still treats her like shit.

• Love 7

Mark is a dick, and Kenya is pathetic for allowing him to treat her so poorly. 

Eva needs to get checked for iron deficiency anemia- stat. Carrying around a mug of ice like her life depends on it is classic pica. Been there.....

• Useful 1
  • Love 8