Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E15: Snowblind

• Start Topic

What exactly are they supposed to with Karev? People are so mad about this. What are the show runners and writers supposed to do? No, he wouldn't just leave or whatever but that's basically what Justin did. They didn't have time to properly plan for it.

And this is also another Derek situation. Patrick wants to leave but Derek would never leave his family. I'm sure they don't want to kill off Alex too but now they have to figure out what to do without removing Jo. The guy was just like, I'm done. He didn't stay on to wrap up his character. The whole situation is crazy .

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

What exactly are they supposed to with Karev? People are so mad about this. What are the show runners and writers supposed to do? No, he wouldn't just leave or whatever but that's basically what Justin did. They didn't have time to properly plan for it.

And this is also another Derek situation. Patrick wants to leave but Derek would never leave his family. I'm sure they don't want to kill off Alex too but now they have to figure out what to do without removing Jo. The guy was just like, I'm done. He didn't stay on to wrap up his character. The whole situation is crazy .

Thank you... All this talk of character assassination when the final play hasn't even happened yet.. But I do know they were scrambling because it has to make some sense and for all the characters sticking around.. In universe how long has it been since he left tho?  A week two, longer?...  I do kinda scoff at Jo going with he's left me before being worried something is  wrong... Maybe next week clears most of it up

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

What exactly are they supposed to with Karev? People are so mad about this. What are the show runners and writers supposed to do? No, he wouldn't just leave or whatever but that's basically what Justin did.

I think most people understand that the show was put in a bind due to Chambers leaving suddenly.  I can appreciate the fact that they had to work with what they had.  I think what most people object to is that the story they've written so far is completely out of character for the Alex people have come to know.  If they are going to kill him off (as seems to be the case), they could have done something simple like having somebody find his body (no face would even have to be shown) and saying that he died of a heart attack,  I personally have known several seemingly healthy guys around his age who just suddenly died from an undiagnosed heart problem.  Or, they could have him go to his Mom's, get a great job offer out there, show him having phone conversations w/ Jo (only from Jo's side of course) and have her decide to join him.  I would hate to see CL lose her job thru no fault of her own, but this is basically a soap and this show writes out characters all the time for various and assorted reasons.  As it is written now, he is either already dead which makes Jo and his friends look bad because they didn't bother to report him missing, or he's a jerk who is either purposely stringing Jo along or has run off with someone else.  Dead/injured but unrecognizable has been done (George).  Dead away from loved ones has been done (Derek). Just running away has been done (Izzy). He could be having a mental breakdown, but they have the current DeLuca storyline, and a mental breakdown would not realistically prevent him from returning to Seattle.  Now, if Chambers left to focus on his own mental health (as has been rumored), I say good for him.  No show is worth sacrificing your health over.  True fans should understand that.  But, if he just got sick and tired of the show and left in the middle of his contract for no good reason, then, yeah, that is a bad look. We'll likely never know the true story. 

If I were writing the show, I would have had him succumb to an undiagnosed melanoma caused by 16 years of direct and constant exposure to THE SUN, but that's just me.       

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

I think most people understand that the show was put in a bind due to Chambers leaving suddenly.  I can appreciate the fact that they had to work with what they had.  I think what most people object to is that the story they've written so far is completely out of character for the Alex people have come to know.  If they are going to kill him off (as seems to be the case), they could have done something simple like having somebody find his body (no face would even have to be shown) and saying that he died of a heart attack,  I personally have known several seemingly healthy guys around his age who just suddenly died from an undiagnosed heart problem.  Or, they could have him go to his Mom's, get a great job offer out there, show him having phone conversations w/ Jo (only from Jo's side of course) and have her decide to join him.  I would hate to see CL lose her job thru no fault of her own, but this is basically a soap and this show writes out characters all the time for various and assorted reasons.  As it is written now, he is either already dead which makes Jo and his friends look bad because they didn't bother to report him missing, or he's a jerk who is either purposely stringing Jo along or has run off with someone else.  Dead/injured but unrecognizable has been done (George).  Dead away from loved ones has been done (Derek). Just running away has been done (Izzy). He could be having a mental breakdown, but they have the current DeLuca storyline, and a mental breakdown would not realistically prevent him from returning to Seattle.  Now, if Chambers left to focus on his own mental health (as has been rumored), I say good for him.  No show is worth sacrificing your health over.  True fans should understand that.  But, if he just got sick and tired of the show and left in the middle of his contract for no good reason, then, yeah, that is a bad look. We'll likely never know the true story. 

If I were writing the show, I would have had him succumb to an undiagnosed melanoma caused by 16 years of direct and constant exposure to THE SUN, but that's just me.       

I don't want to come off like I'm attacking people. And I totally understand the feelings that are involved. 

I get being upset on behalf of the character but I can't get mad at the show. They are in a unwinnable situation. They couldn't plan for this. And I don't think they WANT to kill him off. I don't even want that. But, then it's like, so then what? He leaves his wife and one true family he has? It's just tough all around. 

I kind of wish Justin had decided this during the Deluca assault arc. Put him in jail. Or have him ride off to figure himself out and let him return later on for some closure. That's was his best out.

I'm not judging him. The man has a big family and probably just wants to rest. But, he chose to wait until his character was at it's happiest but also attached to people and situations that you can't ignore. Bad timing all around. At best, I think we all can agree that we want to see a exit worthy of an original. We just didn't get that. It's not on the show runners though. For a change.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

lol, I like it.

My cousin's seemingly perfectly-healthy ex-wife died of a stroke a couple years ago, at age 50. His brother died unexpectedly earlier the same year (of alcoholism, ultimately), at 55. Karev wasn't an alcoholic but the kind of stress he had to deal with would make sudden heart attack or stroke a realistic option.

• Love 1

About no one reporting Alex missing: I doubt if the police would take any report seriously which began with "He hasn't returned my texts or phone calls."  Now that Jo knows he was never at his mother's, the larger question is did he ever intend to go there?  Since that's all the information Jo has to give police, then just maybe law enforcement would look around, check local hospitals, etc., but not for long.  I watch enough crime shows to know a situation like this falls into the domestic dispute/he's an adult and can do what he wants category.  

Edited by schnauzergirl
  • Love 1

If his hands were frozen wouldn’t the liver have been frozen???

No because it was in one of those insulated coolers, and probably packed with ice anyway.

I don't either but I just looked it up, -15 is -26 Celsius. So really not all that cold. If you dress properly you will be fine, other wise people in the Midwest or New England would not be able to function for many days in the winter. I can see how they could be unprepared to drive or clean the streets right rightaway but its not the vortex cold. Lol 

Excuse my language but that's cold as fuck. Not that cold? I wouldn't even be asked to come in to work with that temperature ( I live in Jersey). People would be staying home all over

Yeah -15F is damn cold, not normal cold even for the midwest. I live in the heartland and the temp dropping below zero is cause for alarm.

The logical thing to do is have Alex and Jo move away. Especially since Alex's departure coincides with Katherine buying his hospital. That's the simplest solution that doesn't compromise the integrity of any of the characters and leaves the door open for his return. All the hand wringing and hand waving is due to the show not wanting to write Camilla Luddington off I guess. While I admit they can sorely afford to lose another established character in their cast of dwindling favorites, is she really that crucial or popular? I for one could live without her.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

is she really that crucial or popular? I for one could live without her.

She's under contract and isn't ready to go.. Or disappear for episodes at a time... All of this had to be negotiated and mapped out at least a lil.. Probably why we've had a few episodes and were all in limbo.. But when they reveal exactly what's going on then I can make a judgment on how its been handled 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I appreciate that it was a crazy situation for the show runners and writers. I just think the writing complicated an already complicated situation. If they are going to kill Alex in the end, then personally, I think the weeks of random texts and ghosting were dumb, unnecessary drama. Just skip all of that stuff and have Jo get a call that he died in next Thursday's episode. It would have saved the writers some work. If he's not dead but really did leave for whatever reason, then IMO having him take a job elsewhere (and eventually splitting with Jo offscreen) probably wouldn't have angered fans so much, especially since the set up was there with Catherine buying the hospital. 

• Love 5

They should've just written Jo off along with Alex; it makes no sense for them not to have.  I don't think 99% of viewers would really miss her.

Not that I would expect this show's writers to give even the slightest fuck about realism, but here's a fun fact: the coldest temperature ever recorded in Seattle is 0ºF.  There is no way that record would not just be lowered, but lowered by 15º.  That. doesn't. happen. #weathernerd

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, NUguy514 said:

Not that I would expect this show's writers to give even the slightest fuck about realism, but here's a fun fact: the coldest temperature ever recorded in Seattle is 0ºF.  There is no way that record would not just be lowered, but lowered by 15º.  That. doesn't. happen. #weathernerd

Does that include wind chill? I thought they said the temp was 8; it was the wind chill that was -15.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, NUguy514 said:

They should've just written Jo off along with Alex; it makes no sense for them not to have.  I don't think 99% of viewers would really miss her.

Camila Luddington shouldn't have to lose her job because Chambers decided to walk away. 

"Meredith" outlasted "Derek". "Jo" can survive "Alex."

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, marceline said:

Camila Luddington shouldn't have to lose her job because Chambers decided to walk away. 

That's the thing. There are so many factors not being considered or waved off because one doesn't care. The reality is that the production didn't see this coming. Alex is married to a cast member. She shouldn't lose her job or income because of someone else's wish. I wouldn't miss Jo at all but I can't just wave her off like it's that's easy. As it's been said, there are contracts to deal with. There were probably multiple character arcs that were mapped out there are now fucked.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they don't totally know how they want to end it for him and are buying time.

While I respect Justin's choice to leave, he left the show in a lurch. So, I don't really care what they are doing with his character. He could have given notice and set up a more thought out exit. And I don't think the show is trying to take a dump on his character or anything either.

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

That's the thing. There are so many factors not being considered or waved off because one doesn't care. The reality is that the production didn't see this coming. Alex is married to a cast member. She shouldn't lose her job or income because of someone else's wish. I wouldn't miss Jo at all but I can't just wave her off like it's that's easy. As it's been said, there are contracts to deal with. There were probably multiple character arcs that were mapped out there are now fucked.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they don't totally know how they want to end it for him and are buying time.

While I respect Justin's choice to leave, he left the show in a lurch. So, I don't really care what they are doing with his character. He could have given notice and set up a more thought out exit. And I don't think the show is trying to take a dump on his character or anything either.

Upthread someone said they coulda just killed him and gotten on with it.. But they seem to forget about the  aftermath and how that impacts the rest of this season and beyond couldn't just have him be dead and Go back to regularly scheduled programming... Dead Karev wrecks Jo, Meredith, Bailey and Richard... And touches Owen Teddy Amelia Link and Jackson.. Not only them but how they interact with each other and whatever changes had to be made to storylines that were up and running.. And to the new ones created... All that basically to do since maybe Late November when he filmed his  last epi( so holiday season) while also filming what they did have prepared... And trying to honor an actor who put in work for almost 20 years and fanbase who are really attached to the character... 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I finally got around to watching. Bailey bringing the boy home without even talking to Ben first was predictable & a bit ridiculous but I still thought it was a decent story for her. Its gives her someone to mother without having another pregnancy or the need to explain who is watching a child. She can have story here and there with him no problem.

Not a real intern was more interesting than most of the interns and definitely a far better actress than whoever plays Nico.

I fully can understand that Seattle would be hampered by 6 inches of snow but Deluca walking 6 miles without even gloves was still ridiculous. Half the population has SUVS with 4 wheel drive. Many of those can drive through 6 inches of snow. Even if they went turtle speed, it was 3 miles each way. 

I love you.

I know Justin left them unexpectedly but writers should be able to come up with something, even if not perfect. They could have had Jo move away then return 5 episodes later (suck it up and pay CL anyway) with a small time jump. They have done time jumps many times before to accommodate Derek dying, etc. The marriage not working out wouldn't have to shred either character and could allow Camilla to remain on the show and give Jo a path forwards without there being yet another death.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Excuse my language but that's cold as fuck. Not that cold? I wouldn't even be asked to come in to work with that temperature ( I live in Jersey). People would be staying home all over.

Clearly I need to live in Jersey.  it can get up to -35/-40 (with the wind) and basically unless there's snow up to your chin AND/OR a lot of ice - you have to go to work/school. Bundle up!

Where i went to University (in Ontario) - the campus was cut through by a river, so you had to cross a bridge for classes or to catch the bus. it was hecka cold winter time lemme tell you haha

but truthfully as it was stated i think it just depends on where you live and expectations.  and I know i kinda started the whole thing but really it'sjust because i don't speak American Weather at all, so here i know we have extreme weather warnings when it gets super cold. i just didn't have a basis of comparison (and up here -26 with the wind is brr-y to be sure). 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, marceline said:

Well, it's not like Jessica Capshaw and Sarah Drew should've lost their jobs because Ellen Pompeo wanted $20 million per year Arizona's and April's stories had run their course.  I don't particularly want Camilla Luddington to lose her job, but there is absolutely a precedent on this show for actors to lose their jobs for reasons completely unrelated to them.

And Meredith outlasted Derek because she is the literal title character of this show; Jo has never, ever been a compelling character and is the most expendable character outside of the interns.

Rachel+tells+Phoebe+she+lifts+right+out?

• Love 16
On 2/28/2020 at 4:04 PM, UNOSEZ said:

Insecurities be damned... She cheated on her husband... With the guy who was constantly sniffing around her.. The one who actively made Owen's life more miserable because Teddy chose Owen... That's some Nuclear Option shit right there... To cheat is bad.. To cheat with that guy is.. Overboard... And I like Teddy but this was Nonsense 

I thought running to Korasik was so stupid. You don't even know what's going on with Amelia's baby. Hell, neither does Owen. And instead of talking to him, you go and jump Korasik. Ugh. I liked her character, but this is inexcusable. Owen loves you and just proposed and you said yes. You're raising two kids together. And you do this? Ugh.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

I thought running to Korasik was so stupid. You don't even know what's going on with Amelia's baby. Hell, neither does Owen. And instead of talking to him, you go and jump Korasik. Ugh. I liked her character, but this is inexcusable. Owen loves you and just proposed and you said yes. You're raising two kids together. And you do this? Ugh.

That's exactly it. Owen doesn't even known about all this damn drama at all. He is completely in the dark. It would have been one thing if Owen would have found out, and then dropped Teddy like a bad habit. But there is no reason, if anything, Amelia has made this a mess, because she won't get THE DAMN TEST. 

• Love 8

I don't get Teddy running to have sex with Korasik at this moment. Does not ring true at all unless Teddy was suffering from some unseen postpartum issues which clouded her thinking. Completely out of character. 

DeLuca walking in sub-zero temperatures without gloves also makes no sense even if he is impaired. 

The whole "where is Alex" situation makes no sense but is understandable because the actor walked out without giving TPTB time to craft a suitable exit story. We've seen how much Alex loves Jo and how much Alex loves his patients; there is no way that he would leave either unless he was completely not in control of his faculties mentally or was unconscious, dead, etc... 

Loved the Beanie Feldstein storyline. Seeing Helm walking around like normal after the prior episodes makes no sense. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 2/29/2020 at 8:39 AM, Racj82 said:

Excuse my language but that's cold as fuck. Not that cold? I wouldn't even be asked to come in to work with that temperature ( I live in Jersey). People would be staying home all over.

Lucky you, I wish it was the same in Toronto, at -26 Celsius with the windchill life goes on as normal here. People have to show up at work, schools are not closed and all that. Last year or a few years ago it got to -35C with the windchill, -31F it seem according to google , and even that I recall anything really closing.  

Edited by catspjs
Clarity
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Daisy said:

Clearly I need to live in Jersey.  it can get up to -35/-40 (with the wind) and basically unless there's snow up to your chin AND/OR a lot of ice - you have to go to work/school. Bundle up!

Where i went to University (in Ontario) - the campus was cut through by a river, so you had to cross a bridge for classes or to catch the bus. it was hecka cold winter time lemme tell you haha

but truthfully as it was stated i think it just depends on where you live and expectations.  and I know i kinda started the whole thing but really it'sjust because i don't speak American Weather at all, so here i know we have extreme weather warnings when it gets super cold. i just didn't have a basis of comparison (and up here -26 with the wind is brr-y to be sure). 

Hahaha, I was just responding to this, clearly we live in the wrong city/province. Toronto here, basically we are just told to buckle up and go about business. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, catspjs said:

Hahaha, I was just responding to this, clearly we live in the wrong city/province. Toronto here, basically we are just told to buckle up and go about business. 

In Wisconsin too. And DeLuca now says he grew up here. I don't remember him ever saying that before. Nevertheless, he figured it was OK to walk six miles in a snowstorm at that temperature with no gloves. I wonder why his face wasn't frostbitten too. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, catspjs said:

OOh Toronto friends! *high five* Yeah here... 
if you want to stay home, you have to call it in yourself lol. I remember the event. i think even -40 they are just like. "don't be outside too long! Have funnnn!" and basically telling you if you are old/homeless whatever- stay warm and go to shelter. but nothing shuts down. 

8 hours ago, LisaM said:

I don't get Teddy running to have sex with Korasik at this moment. Does not ring true at all unless Teddy was suffering from some unseen postpartum issues which clouded her thinking. Completely out of character. 

DeLuca walking in sub-zero temperatures without gloves also makes no sense even if he is impaired. 

The whole "where is Alex" situation makes no sense but is understandable because the actor walked out without giving TPTB time to craft a suitable exit story. We've seen how much Alex loves Jo and how much Alex loves his patients; there is no way that he would leave either unless he was completely not in control of his faculties mentally or was unconscious, dead, etc... 

Loved the Beanie Feldstein storyline. Seeing Helm walking around like normal after the prior episodes makes no sense. 

exit storyline

"Alex decided he didn't want to work at Grey Sloan Memorial - so we decided that it makes sense for him to become chief of staff at this other hospital in another city"

Poof. 
and have "Alex" msg/text meredith/Jo like "Cristina" does. 

this reeks of "imma gonna end you." from the writers and I don't like it what so ever. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, catspjs said:

Lucky you, I wish it was the same in Toronto, at -26 Celsius with the windchill life goes on as normal here. People have to show up at work, schools are not closed and all that. Last year or a few years ago it got to -35C with the windchill, -31F it seem according to google , and even that I recall anything really closing.  

For what it's worth, I also live in NJ and I've gone to work in 2°F (actual temp, no idea what the wind chill was) and by the time I got home it was a whopping 9° (we had a stretch of several days of similar temps a few years ago). If it was combined with a snowstorm, my work would probably have closed (we are in no way a critical service like a hospital) but just for the cold, nope. (The actual temp in the episode was 8°.) Pretty rare that it gets below zero, here, though.

3 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I would sell my soul for Meredith’s outfit at the end. 
MAGIC- it’s like the Kid song bingo but the reverse. Sadly. 

I do really want to know who makes the coat, but I didn't find anything yet. It's definitely 100% better than her hobo look they had her on the first half of the season. 

• Love 1

I thought it was said that the windchill was minus 15, not the temp.  Big difference.

And don't people check out the forecast?   Judging from what the others were wearing, was DeLuca the only one who didn't?  Geez.  Why didn't he ask the other hospital for a blanket at the very least.  Heck.  Why didn't he grab a blanket before his six mile trek.  God.  These writers have become so lazy.  They ignore the obvious so they try to fool us to create drama.

If it were soooo cold, how did Teddi and Tom manage to throw snowballs at one another and have fun in that inch of snow which was supposed to be some sort of blizzard?

As for Chambers.....the writers don't know what to do.  Maybe, they were, or are, hoping that he will change his mind and come back to the show.  So TPTB are hanging in limbo. Not that they haven't done anything with his character for a while.

The end was just stupid with Teddi going to Tom.  I feel like I'm watching the musical partners version of musical chairs.

• Love 3

On 2/29/2020 at 8:39 AM, Racj82 said:
On 2/27/2020 at 10:22 PM, catspjs said:

I don't either but I just looked it up, -15 is -26 Celsius. So really not all that cold. If you dress properly you will be fine, other wise people in the Midwest or New England would not be able to function for many days in the winter. I can see how they could be unprepared to drive or clean the streets right rightaway but its not the vortex cold. Lol 

Ha! Yeah, I thought I misread that. Hell, I'm in Boston, and I don't think I'd be asked to go into work if it were that cold. Not that it would matter because I'd be calling out. That's cold as fuck.

DeLuca not wearing gloves is so stupid that I cannot even believe that it's real. I don't have Bipolar Disorder, but would that really explain not properly dressing for the weather???? And why is no one but Meredith and his sister noticing his erratic behavior? Does everyone else just not give a damn? It's bizarre!

Teddy/Owen/Link/Amelia drama is just such heinous writing that it boggles the mind. Whoever came up with this idea should be ashamed. Teddy sleeping with Koracick is stupid; HOWEVER, Teddy is a grown ass woman capable of making decisions. It is not Tom's fault that Teddy is a moron and came over to have sex with him. She made that choice willingly. That does not make Tom an "emotional vampire." Women have agency when it comes to engaging in sexual encounters.

I actually like the Bailey foster kid story. 

Also, WTF is with Richard's storyline? Honestly, did we know he had a hand tremor before this episode? Did he quit the hospital? What the hell is happening?

• Love 4
On 2/27/2020 at 10:09 PM, Pepper the Cat said:

If you want me to believe that an entire city has been shut down because of snow, do not show me people outside with barely enough snow to cover the pavement. 
And if you expect me to believe that it is so cold that frost bite is happening, at least show me visible breath when people are standing outside talking in the freezing cold. 
and finally, really? The City of Seattle cannot cope with a little cold and snow. 

This! 

If  a show is really good I can ignore some stuff but to talk about this being a blizzard (not just snow) and have characters stand outside in 1/2 inch at most was just too much. Don't show them outside. 

I live in the South where a 1/2 inch can shut things down---but not cause frost bite or for there to be a need for people to stay in the firehouse or freeze to death in a park because their car drove off a bridge (station 19). You can't have it both ways. 

On 2/27/2020 at 10:29 PM, chocolatine said:

This was actually one of the few things about Seattle that this show got right. The city pretty much shuts down at the sight of the first snowflake, and there's a run on grocery stores with people stocking up as if for the apocalypse (during last year's snow storm the stores ran out of kale and it made the news, no joke). The words "snowpocalypse" and "snowmageddon" get thrown around a lot.

my issue was they did not play this as 1/2 inch. It was described as a blizzard, etc. --we get the same snowpocaypse stuff here but going 3 miles to get a liver would not be a problem. Just us normal drivers freak out and stay home. The emergency people still get around.

• Love 2
On 2/27/2020 at 10:31 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Well, for Deluca to be out in the cold for over an hour, I get why he might get some frostbite...but I wasn't sure if it would end up THAT bad. Maybe?

Man, this episode ended on several frustrating plotlines. 

The Tom/Teddy/Owen/Amelia/Link mess of a plot is...urg. Poor Link. And...I even feel bad for Owen, who is completely innocent in all of this for once. Teddy shouldn't have run to Tom to cheat, and she did. That makes her shitty. I don't care how insecure she was feeling about the baby situation. She made a wrong choice. 

Alex isn't in Iowa. I don't buy that he just up and left. So he's probably dead. With how they handled things, I'd rather he was dead, and I hate feeling that way.

Nice to see Beanie guest star. Her character was fairly decent.

Bailey's foster storyline is actually the most interesting I've found Bailey in years. 

Schmitt/Nico are having issues. Nico's gaslighting (imo) made me incredibly uncomfortable yet also made me interested in their storyline for the first time. It seems like it's heading toward a very nasty break-up. Schmitt's face at the end was telling. 

So, I still stand by my opinion that Deluca is either bipolar or just going through a mental breakdown. Either way, with him almost having his hands amputate, Carina should be getting her brother committed ASAP, since he's clearly not in his right frame of mind. Even if he's not bipolar, he's not alright.

I see we're officially on the Meredith/Hayes romance path. So I guess Meredith/Deluca are...somewhat done, at least for now.

I am more irked that Deluca is suddenly being made bipolar when its clearly just a setup to pair Mer with Hayes. Why make a big deal about him being a resident in love with an attending? Meredith was when she first met Derek. None of the things Deluca has done are any crazier than the things the OG residents did. Cutting L Vlads wires, jumping on bombs. Just have them argue and break up. ALso please give Carina a little more to wear than that damned striped black shirt every time she comes to town. She wore that same shirt when their father was there.

On 2/27/2020 at 10:26 PM, anna0852 said:

I agree. I think something terrible has happened to him.

Sadly the only way this works is for something really bad to happen to Karev.

On 2/27/2020 at 11:29 PM, chocolatine said:

This was actually one of the few things about Seattle that this show got right. The city pretty much shuts down at the sight of the first snowflake, and there's a run on grocery stores with people stocking up as if for the apocalypse (during last year's snow storm the stores ran out of kale and it made the news, no joke). The words "snowpocalypse" and "snowmageddon" get thrown around a lot.

I've been in ATL when 1 inch of snow had schools closed down and cars driving off the rode. The show chuffed it at the end when the sidewalk barely had any snow. I get plows would have cleared the main area, but there should have been those hug piles of nasty shoveled snow.

On 3/1/2020 at 3:05 AM, WinJet0819 said:

This is their entire history. Owen loves her but has never been able to commit to her. Deep down she knows it. Korasik is a creep, but he always treated her well and genuinely cared for her. Teddy has always been second choice to Owen. I wish Owen would acknowledge he is more in love with being a father than a husband. I used to like him, but he has turned into a bit of a jerk. Teddy is right to have doubts. Owen has left her for every other woman. Owen only came to her as a rebound. 

The Levi/Nico storyline contradicts everything they did last season. I get Nico being the brooding type, but this whole not being out to his parents when last season he was talking about bringing Levi home for Christmas make no sense. Especially given how mad he got at Levi for shushing him when his mom called.

• Love 4

So Jo is now Alex, when he was calling Izzy over and over? I haven't watched.

There is no way that he would have run after Izzy - he's the one that wanted the divorce, and told her that he deserved better. 

• Love 3

I will also say, DeLuca's low blow about Meredith and her forgetting things not being/might be linked to Alzheimer's is a low blow. that has been (well it was) something that scared both Meredith (and Derek) for so long and i remember they both said they'll deal with it, but it is something that Meredith does have to live with (and it wouldn't surprise me if she does have contingencies in place). 

honestly, bipolar episode or no, if he (deLuca) just flung that out there for a stinger, at that point i'd be like. "yeah the sex isn't that great, buddy."

• Love 8
On Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 8:29 PM, chocolatine said:

The city pretty much shuts down at the sight of the first snowflake, and there's a run on grocery stores with people stocking up as if for the apocalypse (during last year's snow storm the stores ran out of kale and it made the news, no joke)

Wait, people think the apocalypse is coming, and they buy kale? You be you, Seattle. 

• LOL 8
7 hours ago, Daisy said:

I will also say, DeLuca's low blow about Meredith and her forgetting things not being/might be linked to Alzheimer's is a low blow. that has been (well it was) something that scared both Meredith (and Derek) for so long and i remember they both said they'll deal with it, but it is something that Meredith does have to live with (and it wouldn't surprise me if she does have contingencies in place). 

honestly, bipolar episode or no, if he (deLuca) just flung that out there for a stinger, at that point i'd be like. "yeah the sex isn't that great, buddy."

Totally agree. He said that with such disgust that even I felt it.

• Love 4

I considered that a low blow too. She had the genetic test, she knows she has it. If someone did that do me they'd be done.

I probably like McWidower more than many here. Is personally attracted to him more than DeLuca, so I want Mer to go there.

• Love 7
On 3/2/2020 at 11:51 AM, Milaxx said:

This is their entire history. Owen loves her but has never been able to commit to her. Deep down she knows it. Korasik is a creep, but he always treated her well and genuinely cared for her. Teddy has always been second choice to Owen. I wish Owen would acknowledge he is more in love with being a father than a husband. I used to like him, but he has turned into a bit of a jerk. Teddy is right to have doubts. Owen has left her for every other woman. Owen only came to her as a rebound. 

But in this instance, Owen made a concerted effort to change that history. If he wanted to just be happy being a father, why did he decide to go to therapy to work on himself and discover the mental block that constantly had him destroy all the good things in his life. That's why Teddy was always the second choice to him in the past. He put in the work to change that. Teddy is right to have doubts, but that's when you talk your partner and trust them. You just don't go running back and jumping the bones of your last boyfriend based on incomplete information. Owen doesn't even know what's going on with Amelia's baby drama. He's completely in the dark. And the best answer to having doubts that Teddy can think of is to cheat on him? That doesn't make sense in any reality.

Not to mention, there's a lot more at stake now than there was when Owen made her the second choice in the past. He just proposed and gave her his mom's engagement ring. He actually had to list his 2+ year house because Teddy couldn't get over the fact the house was originally bought with Amelia. And most importantly, they're raising TWO kids together, which includes their own daughter.

So there's no excuse for her actions.

• Love 7

Once again, we won't be able to tell the couples without a scorecard. I'm not interested enough to make a concrete count, but I think three if not four bed partners will be changing.

Hard to believe DeLuca would be stupid enough to go out without gloves. But it's Grey's.

I'm going to have a hard time without Karev. Finally he and Jo were seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, then boom! I surely wish Justin had not decided to leave. I'm glad we still have Camilla, but I probably would have been quite content if they both rode off into the sunset together.

Speaking of which, I'm re-watching Downton Abbey, and am in season 3 wherein the cruel author Julian Fellowes robs us of both Sybil and Matthew, so I'm especially crotchety about losses of characters at the moment.

• Love 2
On 3/2/2020 at 1:09 AM, PepSinger said:

That does not make Tom an "emotional vampire." Women have agency when it comes to engaging in sexual encounters.

Having agency doesn't make you infallible.. Tom has a track record of being the let's say supportive guy around women who seem to be having emotionally charged times... Of course these women are adults so all choices are their own.. But besides those emotional times with the women Koracik is pompous and abrasive.. Smarmy.. And when Teddy chose owen he became vindictive and petty... So to me his behavior with the women is just something he goes to to shoot his shot.. But if I'm being to hard and one wanted to try to give him some leeway.. He's only emotionally real and able to be vulnerable ( thus taking down his walls or whatever)  around women in raw states.... And then makes himself available to sleep with them... Or hits on them... Or hits on them in front of their husbands... 

But as they say on these Interwebs YMMV 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, renatae said:

Speaking of which, I'm re-watching Downton Abbey, and am in season 3 wherein the cruel author Julian Fellowes robs us of both Sybil and Matthew, so I'm especially crotchety about losses of characters at the moment.

I hear you. Cruel indeed. For me, Karev was the best written character. So much growth. Yes, he could be "demon spawn" but then he'd sit all night with a baby on his bare chest.

• Love 4
On 2/27/2020 at 8:32 PM, pieinmyeye said:

Am I the only one who hopes Schmidt gets buried in a snow bank? His character irritates the hell out of me.

Nope. All the interns irritate the hell out of me. It's been years since they've had a group of interns that wasn't annoying, but by far, I think this group is the worst they've ever had.

• Love 8
On 2/28/2020 at 11:23 AM, iMonrey said:

I get the impression that the patients are being wheeled in during Station 19 and then Grey's Anatomy is just Part 2. I take it the little girl with the liver transplant was introduced during Station 19 - is that right? I'm so tired of feeling like I'm joining a show that is already in progress. If ABC thinks this will get me to start watching Station 19, they've got it backwards. What it's going to do is get me to stop watching Grey's Anatomy.

Every time I see Beanie Feldstein I have to remind myself not to hold it against her that her brother is Jonah Hill.

This show is bound and determined to make every single character unlikeable. First DeLuca acting like a petulant child and now Teddy running off to make out with Koracick the minute something goes awry with Owen - even when she's not sure anything is awry. What a flake. 

I do watch Station 19 (and I like it), but I am getting tired of these mini-crossovers too (especially with such a focus on Jackson and Vic, because I don't care for them together at all).

I agree with you completely, at this point, I'm getting pretty fed up with all of the characters now (I kind of like Link, he's kind of fun, hasn't quite been ruined yet, and I enjoyed--mostly--Chris Carmack when he was on Nashville), Karev was my last hold out, and with him gone, I'm just losing interest. Hence another reason why I want the crossovers to stop. If I give up GA after this season, I'd like to keep watching S19 without being forced to tune in again to GA (if I quit).

• Love 4
(edited)
On 3/3/2020 at 11:01 PM, nokat said:

I considered that a low blow too. She had the genetic test, she knows she has it. If someone did that do me they'd be done.

I probably like McWidower more than many here. Is personally attracted to him more than DeLuca, so I want Mer to go there.

I like Hayes fine, I just dislike that they need to totally trash Deluca to make way for him.

On 3/4/2020 at 3:15 AM, WinJet0819 said:

But in this instance, Owen made a concerted effort to change that history. If he wanted to just be happy being a father, why did he decide to go to therapy to work on himself and discover the mental block that constantly had him destroy all the good things in his life. That's why Teddy was always the second choice to him in the past. He put in the work to change that. Teddy is right to have doubts, but that's when you talk your partner and trust them. You just don't go running back and jumping the bones of your last boyfriend based on incomplete information. Owen doesn't even know what's going on with Amelia's baby drama. He's completely in the dark. And the best answer to having doubts that Teddy can think of is to cheat on him? That doesn't make sense in any reality.

Not to mention, there's a lot more at stake now than there was when Owen made her the second choice in the past. He just proposed and gave her his mom's engagement ring. He actually had to list his 2+ year house because Teddy couldn't get over the fact the house was originally bought with Amelia. And most importantly, they're raising TWO kids together, which includes their own daughter.

So there's no excuse for her actions.

I agree Teddy should have spoke to Owen, but given his history she's right to be scared. I'd be scared too. I don't think Amelia will go back to him, but Owen being Owen, he can't not be an involved father. So Teddy who is already insecure about the relationship has to decide if she can deal with the ensuing messiness. 

So yeah, Teddy should have spoken to Owen, or at he very least, not slept (if they actually do the deed) with Koracik. TBH I think  they need to do some very serious therapy before getting married.

As far as Karev goes, I'm wondering how this ending will go. I see 1 of 3 things happening.

1. Alex is dead. The show remembers that Yang tx her shares on the board to Alex when she left,  They pass to Jo

2. Alex transfers shares to Mer

3. Show ignores/forgets about the board shares altogether.

While  I think this may be a nice walk down memory lane, I really don't see this as being anything more than awkward. 

ETA: And awkward it is.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm disappointed Dr. Tess wasn't a real doctor.  I liked her and hoped she'd be the new one that would put Helms' nose out of joint.  They ruined it for me.

Really Teddy?  On some sort of hunch vaguely confirmed by Dr. Blabbermouth you rushed to your former lover?  How mature.  How very mature.  If the writers intentionally set out to write a ridiculously stupid storyline, congratulations, you succeeded.  

Edited by limecoke
  • Love 2