Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E15: Snowblind

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, AzraeltheCat said:

I don't dislike new dr but I'm not really feeling him and Mer yet.  Heck, I thought she had more chemistry with Nathan.  

Honestly, what turned me off of Hayes in this episode was how nonchalant he was about Deluca going to walk to Seattle Pres in the snow alone. But not only that, but he didn't seem to give two shits when Deluca came back with severe frostbite. 

It's about as bad as how Lauren Riley was encouraging Deluca to basically stay on the case to the point of him having a mental breakdown. Sure, Deluca's not the greatest character and he has sucked a lot of the time, but he's clearly not in his right frame of mind and having these two characters encourage him like this is...not a good look for them.

Imagine if it wasn't Deluca but Link, someone we can all say that we like to some degree. It would be inexcusable. 

So, I can set aside my dislike of Deluca to realize that Hayes' actions were questionable, at best. I understand that Deluca's a big boy who can make his own decisions, and I'm more annoyed that Carina/Meredith aren't rightfully committing Deluca after this frostbite stuff (he's not in the right frame of mind and absolutely needs a psych evaluation, even if he doesn't end up being bipolar) but still, Hayes should have been a little more conscientious about Deluca going out in the freezing cold. Even if he still wanted him to go, at least show a LITTLE concern once he got back.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, catspjs said:

I don't either but I just looked it up, -15 is -26 Celsius. So really not all that cold. If you dress properly you will be fine, other wise people in the Midwest or New England would not be able to function for many days in the winter. I can see how they could be unprepared to drive or clean the streets right rightaway but its not the vortex cold. Lol 

It might not be too cold for people who are used to that kind of weather (native Texan here) but if you are not it is FREEZING - not to mention that most of us who live in climates that don't get that cold do not know how to dress for that kind of cold weather, if we even have clothing appropriate (I don't own a coat - and in Dallas where I live it does get down in the 30s and sometimes 20s but rarely colder).  Shoot, we can go from 70s to 30s in the space of two hours!

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, CarpeFelis said:

Not entirely true. I’ve lived in the Seattle area for 40 years. There are a hell of a lot of skiers and snowboarders here, and they do have the clothes for that kind of weather.

I don't doubt that there are people who have clothes for it Seattle but the majority of the population aren't going to be in that group.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Even if he still wanted him to go, at least show a LITTLE concern once he got back.

I think its a 2 partner... 

1. He was just so angry and concerned for his patient that the second someone offered he helped and only cared about the liver 

2. He's got eyes for Meredith, which is why he's always in the background or right next to her.. And anytime  Deluca can look a bit bonkers ( and he was right there again after the frostbite when Deluca kicked Meredith out)  he has a stronger chance... 

Dude is a low-key vampire like Koracik

• Love 6

Richard's hand issue is not new.  I can't say I remember it exactly, but Bailey took him off surgeries and he was supposed to be the mentor to the new interns or residents or something.   He got very angry and depressed about it.

The Sun's new love interest should have run to the other hospital to get the transplant himself instead of bitching how no one was doing anything about getting it.

DeLuca should have worn gloves or mittens.  He would not have gotten frostbite if he had worn mittens.  Not in an hour, and not unless his hands were wet under the mittens.  People in Seattle do have those, even the ones who are unprepared for snow.  I've been there plenty of times and it gets freaking cold - ANY resident would have gloves and a scarf and hat and a real coat.  Seattle is not by any means tropical.  I don't know why this improbable story line pisses me off so much.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

It might not be too cold for people who are used to that kind of weather (native Texan here) but if you are not it is FREEZING - not to mention that most of us who live in climates that don't get that cold do not know how to dress for that kind of cold weather, if we even have clothing appropriate (I don't own a coat - and in Dallas where I live it does get down in the 30s and sometimes 20s but rarely colder).  Shoot, we can go from 70s to 30s in the space of two hours!

Yes and I did say I can see how they can be unprepared, and how not everyone can have lot of cold weather accessories. I guess I didn't state my point clearly. This was in relation to DeLuca, he claims he grew up in Wisconsin so he should have know how to dress when going out there. He could have taken one of those hospital jackets, we have see the characters with winter looking hospital jackets on the show before, worn a sweater and/or borrowed a couple from his colleagues to layer up. People I am sure would have had some in their lockers and lended them to him . At the end of the episode we so Mer, Hays, Teddy, Tom all  dressed appropriately, Mer had gloves and everything. So him going out in his thin jacket and no gloves is on him, also if he had no gloves why not keep your hands in your pockets. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

I don't doubt that there are people who have clothes for it Seattle but the majority of the population aren't going to be in that group.

At the end of the episode everyone was dressed appropriately for the weather ( Mer, Hays, Tom, Teddy had coats, gloves, hats, had layers on) but DeLuca who supposedly grew up in Wisconsin and definitely should know how to dress when going out in that weather. I have friends who live in Vancouver and they also definitely have some cold weather clothes. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

He's got eyes for Meredith, which is why he's always in the background or right next to her.. And anytime  Deluca can look a bit bonkers ( and he was right there again after the frostbite when Deluca kicked Meredith out)  he has a stronger chance... 

I feel like DeLuca is always lurking and appearing out of nowhere when Mer is with Hays and interrupting them. Also if DeLuca was stupid enough to go out like that in that weather it shouldn't be on Hays. Hays probably thought DeLuca was a competent enough adult to knew how to dress when going out in a blizzard 

Edited by catspjs
  • Love 6

Jesus, did the a majority of the doctors there develop no impulse control or brain damage? Deluca nearly losing his hands to prove...he's a doctor? Webber mentoring a patient not knowing she's not an intern. Well, he did that to himself. He didn't bother/notice the new crop of doctors so that was irresponsible of him, he took phoning it in overseeing the interns to a new level.  And Bailey taking in a kid without warning Ben before he showed up.

Ugh, show. You really want to trash Karev's character just to make Jo's abandonment complex on high alert. Why didn't the showrunners just kill him off. Why do I feel like they're pushing her with with Linc so that Amelia ends up with Owen (no no no nononono)

And double ugh on Teddy. I mean I would love her to get back with Kuracik but like this? That's soap opera level trashiness. If she's that insecure or unsure FFS go tell Owen or confront Amelia on her suspicions because Owen didn't cheat on her. It's so passive aggressive. I thought Teddy said she hated when Owen wasn't upfront with her that she became a neurotic mess and now this? Because this will only make her look like the cheater and Owen the innocent bystander of something he has no idea what is going on. I also hate this because it's makes Teddy use this new information as an excuse to hook up with Kuracik and that's not cool to use him that way knowing he would take her back in a heartbeat. I mean if she wanted to be with Kuracik just tell Owen she doesn't want to marry him (she should have done that in the first place) instead of sneaking around.

Edited by redfish
  • Love 9

I liked Koracick and Teddie in the snow.  And I liked how Koracick told Teddie Owen loved her.  (And admitted that if he had something bad to say, he would).  That's selfless.  But when she came to his door... I'm guessing he'll be the one to take a step back next episode.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

This episode was just ridiculous. Grey's has always been soapy (to put it mildly), but there was usually some good dialogue and appropriate humor and snark and, I don't know, some medicine, but when Teddy ran to Koracik, I said out loud "Give me a break". I think I am done with this show once, i find out what they hell they do with Alex.

I've seen the theory floating around that Alex did go to his mom's, she had one of her episodes, and accidentally killed him.  She is the one who had been texting Jo.  I scoffed at that at first, but it is beginning to look like that could actually be a possibility.  Chambers must have really pissed off TPTB for them to assassinate the character like this. 

Yeah, this would be just about ridiculous enough for me to be done!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Also, didn't Helm break her leg in the bar? How is she walking around like nothing happened two episodes later (while Amelia seems no closer to the end of her pregnancy? 

She looked rather glammed up all of a sudden too.

• Love 6

I get the impression that the patients are being wheeled in during Station 19 and then Grey's Anatomy is just Part 2. I take it the little girl with the liver transplant was introduced during Station 19 - is that right? I'm so tired of feeling like I'm joining a show that is already in progress. If ABC thinks this will get me to start watching Station 19, they've got it backwards. What it's going to do is get me to stop watching Grey's Anatomy.

Every time I see Beanie Feldstein I have to remind myself not to hold it against her that her brother is Jonah Hill.

This show is bound and determined to make every single character unlikeable. First DeLuca acting like a petulant child and now Teddy running off to make out with Koracick the minute something goes awry with Owen - even when she's not sure anything is awry. What a flake. 

• Love 7

I love Beanie Feldstein, even with the knowledge that her brother is Jonah Hill, whom I despise.  However, I do not love her enough to fall back into this show.  It seems based on the comments that more than half the characters have had personality transplants in the last three episodes and that it has just fallen off a cliff.  In fact, reading the comments here is a billion percent more entertaining than the show would be at this point.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I get the impression that the patients are being wheeled in during Station 19 and then Grey's Anatomy is just Part 2. I take it the little girl with the liver transplant was introduced during Station 19 - is that right? I'm so tired of feeling like I'm joining a show that is already in progress. If ABC thinks this will get me to start watching Station 19, they've got it backwards. What it's going to do is get me to stop watching Grey's Anatomy.

Every time I see Beanie Feldstein I have to remind myself not to hold it against her that her brother is Jonah Hill.

This show is bound and determined to make every single character unlikeable. First DeLuca acting like a petulant child and now Teddy running off to make out with Koracick the minute something goes awry with Owen - even when she's not sure anything is awry. What a flake. 

i feel the same way. I tried watching it this week and i was so bored. i don't want it, i don't care for it, stop making it happen. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, AriAu said:

This episode was just ridiculous. Grey's has always been soapy (to put it mildly), but there was usually some good dialogue and appropriate humor and snark and, I don't know, some medicine, but when Teddy ran to Koracik, I said out loud "Give me a break".

I said something out loud too, in sheer disbelief, like "Come ON!!!!"   I can see why she'd turn to Tom for comfort, but why does she suddenly and desperately want to jump him?  Has Owen been ignoring her or something?  I haven't seen evidence of that. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Shellie said:

I said something out loud too, in sheer disbelief, like "Come ON!!!!"   I can see why she'd turn to Tom for comfort, but why does she suddenly and desperately want to jump him?  Has Owen been ignoring her or something?  I haven't seen evidence of that. 

It's dumb, but the only reason she went to sleep with Tom was because she thinks that Amelia is having Owen's baby. What she took from Maggie's statement is that Amelia knows that Owen is the father, or there is, at least, a possibility and it's not just in Teddy's head.

By the way, for once, I don't blame Maggie for this. She only did what Teddy asked and I think, even if Maggie had said that she wasn't getting involved, Teddy would have run off to Tom anyway. Plus...karma's a little bit of a bitch, since Teddy had asked Maggie to keep her own baby drama a secret from Owen and then Maggie did it anyway. So, that's on Teddy for asking Maggie and then not liking the answer. And Teddy's actions are ALL on Teddy. 

Otherwise, surprisingly, Owen seems to be innocent this time around. He hasn't really done anything wrong this season so this isn't on him for Teddy cheating on him. He doesn't even know what's going on. He's completely in the dark. 

Karma's a bitch for Owen as well. After all of his cheating on multiple women, it'll be interesting to see how he reacts now that the shoe's on the other foot.

• Love 10

What made Teddy think that Amelia's baby might be Owen's in the first place? Did everyone related to this storyline suddenly forget how to do the most basic of math and forget that Amelia/Owen had stopped sleeping together way more than four weeks before she got with Link?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, catspjs said:

Yes and I did say I can see how they can be unprepared, and how not everyone can have lot of cold weather accessories. I guess I didn't state my point clearly. This was in relation to DeLuca, he claims he grew up in Wisconsin so he should have know how to dress when going out there. He could have taken one of those hospital jackets, we have see the characters with winter looking hospital jackets on the show before, worn a sweater and/or borrowed a couple from his colleagues to layer up. People I am sure would have had some in their lockers and lended them to him . At the end of the episode we so Mer, Hays, Teddy, Tom all  dressed appropriately, Mer had gloves and everything. So him going out in his thin jacket and no gloves is on him, also if he had no gloves why not keep your hands in your pockets. 

Oh, yeah, no Deluca's whole plot was dumb.   He couldn't keep both hands in his pockets because he was carrying an organ but he could be switching them off and he could have borrowed gloves off somebody at the other hospital (I assume his hands were pocketed on the way there).  

I was talking about the blizzard being a big deal to the general population of seattle because of their lack of prepardness not that Deluca shouldn't have been able to have piece together an outfit from the things that people had around the hospital.  That was dead dumb.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, UNOSEZ said:

This is more a general question.. But what would be a positive outcome to this Karev storyline for y'all?? 

I think however they do it there will be no positive outcome, or a happy outcome at least. I think what could be an acceptable positive outcome is he has to stay in Iowa to help his family and him and Jo do the long distance relationship. But I don't think they will do that because they can't do much with Jo's character that way, unless she just keeps being an attending. If they kill him off screen it's going to suck because there was so little of him already this season and his fans won't be able to get a proper good bye and closure. If they have him end up with Izzy they would be assassinating a character they have build for the last 16 years. I loved Derek and Mark and as much as their deaths sucked at least people were kind of able to get a little closer. This was just so out of nowhere, so unexpected that people didn't see  coming. 

So what I am trying to say I guess, after a Mer sized ramble, I don't think there can be a positive outcome for this storyline, especially with what the writers have been pulling lately. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Speaking of insecure, why did Jo immediately go to "Alex has left me" instead of "Alex is missing! Could he be hurt?"

Yep, all Maggie did was give an honest answer to Teddy's question. Then, instead of speaking to Amelia or even Owen as an intelligent person would, she runs off to Tom. When did she become so insecure? It can only be a couple of weeks since Owen asked her to marry him.

5 hours ago, dmc said:

I am not condoning her behavior but everyone is acting like this came out of left field and it didn't

It came out of nowhere for me. The only problem that I recall between them is when Teddy got the idea that she was supposedly to make the kids Hallowe'en costumes on top of everything else. Is Teddy still so insecure in Owen's love? Also bizarre is that she went to Tom after an OR win when she should have been most self-confident.

Is the thread supposed to be that both Teddy and Linc think that Owen and Amelia are so tied that no other person will ever be more to them than they are to each other?  Have they not been paying attention to how happy Owen is now, and Amelia was till Linc pulled away. What a "tell, not show" this storyline is

2 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

1. He was just so angry and concerned for his patient that the second someone offered he helped and only cared about the liver 

2. He's got eyes for Meredith, which is why he's always in the background or right next to her.. And anytime  Deluca can look a bit bonkers ( and he was right there again after the frostbite when Deluca kicked Meredith out)  he has a stronger chance...

#2 makes him a jerk. But #1 makes him a bad doctor because he's so focused on the immediate that he misses things around him.

When he first came on, it was like he knew nothing about Cristina and how she thinks. Now suddenly he's so close to her that he knows about the twisted sisters? Give me a break. Plus the level of energy between him and Meredith is so low that there is no way he should be endgame or even temporary consort to The Sun.

2 hours ago, catspjs said:

At the end of the episode everyone was dressed appropriately for the weather ( Mer, Hays, Tom, Teddy had coats, gloves, hats, had layers on) but DeLuca who supposedly grew up in Wisconsin and definitely should know how to dress when going out in that weather.

If nothing else, putting on multiple pairs of surgical gloves would have helped to protect his hands. And he should have cared about them instead of just dismissing any damage.

Why isn't anyone other than Carina and possibly Meredith worried?  Great team you got there, Bailey.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I get the impression that the patients are being wheeled in during Station 19 and then Grey's Anatomy is just Part 2. I take it the little girl with the liver transplant was introduced during Station 19 - is that right? I'm so tired of feeling like I'm joining a show that is already in progress.

I watched Station 19 because I was bored last night and you missed nothing. I don't even know why they promoted it as such a big crossover event, none of the people in it were patients in Grey's, unless you could the guy that Vic had brought in at the end of the episode with the amputaded leg. They just had Carina FaceTime with that girl, her name escapes me, and Vic on the phone with Avery. No one still know what there were suppose to be fighting about I think. 

I think the girl with the liver problems, her sister had been a patient of Karev, who had died and from the autopsy they had found out what the girl had. I think it was genetic and they found it early enough on the other sister and were able to help. At least that is what Hayes was telling in surgery, and how he was surprised Karev was not there to see this one case through. 

6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Speaking of insecure, why did Jo immediately go to "Alex has left me" instead of "Alex is missing! Could he be hurt?"

Seriously! Have Jo and Meredith even talked to each other to realize that hey, Alex isn't responding to either of us anymore even via text or stupid emojis, that's strange and concerning, maybe we should check into this?

• Love 12

It seems based on the comments that more than half the characters have had personality transplants in the last three episodes and that it has just fallen off a cliff. 

Seriously, it feels like the writers are deliberately trying to make us dislike all the characters. I don't get it, unless they are secretly trying to get the show cancelled or something.

Otherwise, surprisingly, Owen seems to be innocent this time around. He hasn't really done anything wrong this season

Oh, give him time. He'll get there.

What made Teddy think that Amelia's baby might be Owen's in the first place? Did everyone related to this storyline suddenly forget how to do the most basic of math and forget that Amelia/Owen had stopped sleeping together way more than four weeks before she got with Link?

Nope. I bitched about this last week when Amelia said there was overlap - or at least the time frame was close enough that it could be either Owen's or Linc's. Which then led me to wonder why the hell it had never occurred to Owen that it might be his. So in that respect Teddy looks smarter than Owen. 

IKR? If someone isn't responding to calls, texts, messages, etc., and the person they said they were going to visit claims they never showed up, you call the police. You don't sit down and go boo hoo he left me. 

Again, we circle back to . . . they want us to hate everyone.

• Love 10

There's been a lot (and I mean A LOT) of discussion about how people dress for winter in Seattle.  I can buy that folks living there might not have parkas or other heavy duty cold weather gear.  What I can't buy is that they don't have gloves.  Heck, I live in Georgia (where we get a light snow maybe once a year) and I have three pair.  I could even believe that Andrew maybe didn't have gloves with him at the hospital.  But, surely, he could have borrowed a pair.  Even oh-so-concerned Meredith could have stepped up and said "let's see if we can find you a pair of gloves to wear"  seeing as how he was about to walk six miles round trip in this "blizzard."    

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I feel like we're going to find out that Alex was attacked or robbed and he died as a John Doe in a hospital on his way to see his mom or a sibling or Izzy or some random patient from his past.

4 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Dude is a low-key vampire like Koracik

I feel like Hayes has never seen DeLuca when he wasn't acting like a manic asshole to Meredith so he probably just doesn't give a damn.

• Love 6

So completely unlike Alex to abandon all.... his wife, Meredith, his job. So so so unhappy that they are assassinating his character.  What I am truly expecting, is that the reason he is not responding is something major happens... what, I don't know.  He's dead... maybe, but someone started to text Meredith back from his phone last episode or the one before.  I think that if he was going to see his mom, wouldn't he have said something to her?  Like "Hey mom, I'm gonna come see you"  Wouldn't his mom have been surprised and concerned when Jo called her?  "What?? No, Alex said he was coming but never showed"  or something like that.  I mean... come on...   they are really playing this to the farthest stretch of the imagination in a world where no family members or friends talk to each other and gather information or make plans. 

I find this as insulting as a long time Grey's viewer.... I kinda fell like really?  Are we all supposed to believe this story line or do you all think that we are just this dumb and gullible to believe all this. 

I mean...  Jo went with Alex to visit dear old mom....  If your husband is missing... wouldn't you go yourself to see Mom.  Don't tell me Jo doesn't know where she is... she has her phone number and she's been to the town where she lives! 

Goodbye Alex - it's been nice knowing ya...   too bad the writers had to screw your character over completely upon you departure.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, marceline said:

I feel like we're going to find out that Alex was attacked or robbed and he died as a John Doe in a hospital on his way to see his mom or a sibling or Izzy or some random patient from his past.

I was thinking maybe his family history of mental illness caught up to him and he's had some kind of psychotic break...

With the Maybe-Bipolar-Deluca plot at the same time, I'd say it'd be a bit much, but this is Grey's. A bit much is their usual state of being.

Still don't buy that not one person thought to report him missing yet.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

There's been a lot (and I mean A LOT) of discussion about how people dress for winter in Seattle.  I can buy that folks living there might not have parkas or other heavy duty cold weather gear.  What I can't buy is that they don't have gloves.  Heck, I live in Georgia (where we get a light snow maybe once a year) and I have three pair.  I could even believe that Andrew maybe didn't have gloves with him at the hospital.  But, surely, he could have borrowed a pair.  Even oh-so-concerned Meredith could have stepped up and said "let's see if we can find you a pair of gloves to wear"  seeing as how he was about to walk six miles round trip in this "blizzard."    

This is what this show has come to, a whole thread for an episode and what people are discussing most is what clothes people in Seattle have. lol 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, marceline said:

That's what I think too. Maybe he found out Izzie used those embryos and on his way to figure out what was going on, got into an accident. And had said he was going to his Mom's because he wanted to know what was up before upsetting Jo.

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Yep, all Maggie did was give an honest answer to Teddy's question. Then, instead of speaking to Amelia or even Owen as an intelligent person would, she runs off to Tom. When did she become so insecure? It can only be a couple of weeks since Owen asked her to marry him.

It came out of nowhere for me. The only problem that I recall between them is when Teddy got the idea that she was supposedly to make the kids Hallowe'en costumes on top of everything else. Is Teddy still so insecure in Owen's love? Also bizarre is that she went to Tom after an OR win when she should have been most self-confident.

Is the thread supposed to be that both Teddy and Linc think that Owen and Amelia are so tied that no other person will ever be more to them than they are to each other?  Have they not been paying attention to how happy Owen is now, and Amelia was till Linc pulled away. What a "tell, not show" this storyline is

#2 makes him a jerk. But #1 makes him a bad doctor because he's so focused on the immediate that he misses things around him.

When he first came on, it was like he knew nothing about Cristina and how she thinks. Now suddenly he's so close to her that he knows about the twisted sisters? Give me a break. Plus the level of energy between him and Meredith is so low that there is no way he should be endgame or even temporary consort to The Sun.

If nothing else, putting on multiple pairs of surgical gloves would have helped to protect his hands. And he should have cared about them instead of just dismissing any damage.

Why isn't anyone other than Carina and possibly Meredith worried?  Great team you got there, Bailey.

Teddy and Owen's history is her being in love with him and him continually choosing other women.  Then she got pregnant, told him and they got together.  But I suspect she thinks this had more do with him wanting children than her.  Since they have been together she's expressed a ton of times she's insecure that she's not the wife he wanted.  Then he delayed on proposing and she was insecure about that.  Then she made a comment that his mother handmade all his costumes and she could barely watch a child.  That this was hard for her and she's not the kind of mother this would come easy to.  Then he gave her his mother's ring and she lost it. Then she panicked over that.  So yes, she's insecure about their relationship.  

I don't know how much of Teddy's insecurities are hers alone or based on Owen's actions because we don't see them together as much as we saw him with Amelia.  Koracik is someone that knows Teddy, sees who she is and likes her and she doesn't have to try with him.  I think with Owen that's not how she feels.  And he's nice to her, even telling her Owen loves and she doesn't have to worry.  And he was ready to marry her when she was pregnant with another man's baby, no delay unlike Owen who didn't even consider proposing until someone brought it up. 

So for me, it didn't come out of left field.  I think Teddy is realizing that all the time she spent agonizing over Owen wasn't worth it 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, dmc said:

Teddy and Owen's history is her being in love with him and him continually choosing other women.  Then she got pregnant, told him and they got together.  But I suspect she thinks this had more do with him wanting children than her.  Since they have been together she's expressed a ton of times she's insecure that she's not the wife he wanted.  Then he delayed on proposing and she was insecure about that.  Then she made a comment that his mother handmade all his costumes and she could barely watch a child.  That this was hard for her and she's not the kind of mother this would come easy to.  Then he gave her his mother's ring and she lost it. Then she panicked over that.  So yes, she's insecure about their relationship.  

I don't know how much of Teddy's insecurities are hers alone or based on Owen's actions because we don't see them together as much as we saw him with Amelia.  Koracik is someone that knows Teddy, sees who she is and likes her and she doesn't have to try with him.  I think with Owen that's not how she feels.  And he's nice to her, even telling her Owen loves and she doesn't have to worry.  And he was ready to marry her when she was pregnant with another man's baby, no delay unlike Owen who didn't even consider proposing until someone brought it up. 

So for me, it didn't come out of left field.  I think Teddy is realizing that all the time she spent agonizing over Owen wasn't worth it 

What I don't get....   Is Teddy and Owen were each other's persons.... Like Christina to Meredith, Izzy to George. Alex and Meredith, Maggie and Amelia....  

I guess I just don;t understand where the whole dynamic of that changed just because they had a baby and are now a couple....   All of this made Teddy terribly insure....   And it's not becoming....

Then she runs off to Tom. 

Now...  don't get me wrong...   I kinda liked Tom when Tom and Teddy were together... it was nice to see his sensitive caring side.  I kinda thought that they would be a couple all along just to make Owen loose his mind.... 

But all this insecurity that they have saddled down Teddy with..  Damn...  What happened to all the strong, go for the gusto doctors that used to be on this show?

3 minutes ago, DenverDogLover said:

What I don't get....   Is Teddy and Owen were each other's persons.... Like Christina to Meredith, Izzy to George. Alex and Meredith, Maggie and Amelia....  

I guess I just don;t understand where the whole dynamic of that changed just because they had a baby and are now a couple....   All of this made Teddy terribly insure....   And it's not becoming....

Then she runs off to Tom. 

Now...  don't get me wrong...   I kinda liked Tom when Tom and Teddy were together... it was nice to see his sensitive caring side.  I kinda thought that they would be a couple all along just to make Owen loose his mind.... 

But all this insecurity that they have saddled down Teddy with..  Damn...  What happened to all the strong, go for the gusto doctors that used to be on this show?

No Owen was Teddy's person, he ALWAYS chose other people over her.  

• Love 5

A note about DeLuca and the frostbite timeline... he told Meredith that the hospital was 3 miles away and to tell them he'd be there in an hour.  Once he had the liver, he had to walk back.  So that's a total of TWO hours out in the cold.  Clearly, a person in their right mind would find gloves,  put a hand in their pocket or find some way to keep their hands warm.  The whole point of this was to show another example of DeLuca being super-focused on something despite it causing harm to himself.  

• Love 10

Insecurities be damned... She cheated on her husband... With the guy who was constantly sniffing around her.. The one who actively made Owen's life more miserable because Teddy chose Owen... That's some Nuclear Option shit right there... To cheat is bad.. To cheat with that guy is.. Overboard... And I like Teddy but this was Nonsense 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Insecurities be damned... She cheated on her husband... With the guy who was constantly sniffing around her.. The one who actively made Owen's life more miserable because Teddy chose Owen... That's some Nuclear Option shit right there... To cheat is bad.. To cheat with that guy is.. Overboard... And I like Teddy but this was Nonsense 

I thought he just proposed.  So she cheated on her fiance.  

Edited by dmc
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, marceline said:

I feel like Hayes has never seen DeLuca when he wasn't acting like a manic asshole to Meredith so he probably just doesn't give a damn.

Meredith is irrelevant here, McWidower has no claim to her.

If he doesn't give a damn about the man who risked his life to save his patient, then he's off the charts self-centered as well as narrow-minded.  Pond scum is a bad way to introduce the man who is supposed to be Meredith's new hero.

• Love 5

I always thought Teddy and Owen were more like friends who supported each other than anything else. I liked Owen and Amelia together. I don’t think Owen suspects anything because Amelia waited a long time to find out if she were pregnant so he probably doesn’t know how far along she is.

The Deluca story was out of left field and ridiculous. There has been no hint of him having this mental issue before. Also ridiculous is Jo and Alex. What kind of married couple goes off without letting their spouse know they safely arrived and checking in with their spouse. Especially when they haven’t been married long and seem to be in love. I think Alex will end up dead. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 4

Teddy and Owen's history is her being in love with him and him continually choosing other women.  Then she got pregnant, told him and they got together.  But I suspect she thinks this had more do with him wanting children than her.  Since they have been together she's expressed a ton of times she's insecure that she's not the wife he wanted.  Then he delayed on proposing and she was insecure about that.  Then she made a comment that his mother handmade all his costumes and she could barely watch a child.  That this was hard for her and she's not the kind of mother this would come easy to.  Then he gave her his mother's ring and she lost it. Then she panicked over that.

You know, when you spell it out like that she really does sound like a total flake. I guess running to Koracick isn't really out of character for her. I also remember she told Cristina she'd train her if Cristina gave up Owen. 

There's something wrong with her. DeLuca's not the only one who needs a psych eval.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

You know, when you spell it out like that she really does sound like a total flake. I guess running to Koracick isn't really out of character for her. I also remember she told Cristina she'd train her if Cristina gave up Owen. 

There's something wrong with her. DeLuca's not the only one who needs a psych eval.

yep and she came there to work because owen begged as a present for cristina

• Love 1
8 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The girl wasn't on Station 19, this week there was actually less crossover than we have seen all season.

But they are definitely still trying to make it feel like it is all one big interconnected universe.

8 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I think Teddy just wins the prize for knowing math. All these other doctors need to go back to first grade to learn to count.

• Love 3

So Jo is still thinking Alex left her? For weeks she's been riding the he left me/ is cheating/ ran off with another woman train and not a single thought that maybe something terrible has happened to him? Seriously Jo?? I get that the ghosting/cheating thought would be the dominant one after his cryptic text (voicemail?) about going through something and needing time, plus the radio silence after, plus finding out he's never been visiting his mother. But I would hope she knows him well enough and trusts him enough to realize that all this is so off and doesn't make sense for her husband to do. But she's not even considered for a moment that something terrible could have happened to him instead. It's insane it actually took her weeks to contact his mother. She could have gone to Iowa to find out what is going on with Alex weeks ago. Honestly, if my husband just disappeared like that for weeks and then I find out from his mother that he hasn't been with her, I would go straight to the police. Everyone is talking about what an ass Alex would be for leaving her like this, but nobody is talking about how Jo has pretty much zero trust in him and doesn't even waste a thought on the very real possibility that something happened to her husband. But I gotta say, my sympathy for Jo is very limited right now.

Especially because there's no way I believe Alex actually ghosted her and his entire life and is cheating on her. They've teased this option so much over the last 5 episodes or so that for me it's pretty clearly a red herring. I hate the mere thought, but I think they're killing him off.

Also because I doubt they would do a tribute episode for a guy who walked out on his wife/ and or is cheating on her.

My best option now is coma or amnesia. But I don't know how they could sell that without Justin being there in person.

Edited by GSMHvisitor
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, GSMHvisitor said:

So Jo is still thinking Alex left her? For weeks she's been riding the he left me/ is cheating/ ran off with another woman train and not a single thought that maybe something terrible has happened to him? Seriously Jo?? I get that the ghosting/cheating thought would be the dominant one after his cryptic text (voicemail?) about going through something and needing time, plus the radio silence after, plus finding out he's never been visiting his mother. But I would hope she knows him well enough and trusts him enough to realize that all this is so off and doesn't make sense for her husband to do. But she's not even considered for a moment that something terrible could have happened to him instead. It's insane it actually took her weeks to contact his mother. She could have gone to Iowa to find out what is going on with Alex weeks ago. Honestly, if my husband just disappeared like that for weeks and then I find out from his mother that he hasn't been with her, I would go straight to the police. Everyone is talking about what an ass Alex would be for leaving her like this, but nobody is talking about how Jo has pretty much zero trust in him and doesn't even waste a thought on the very real possibility that something happened to her husband. But I gotta say, my sympathy for Jo is very limited right now.

Especially because there's no way I believe Alex actually ghosted her and his entire life and is cheating on her. They've teased this option so much over the last 5 episodes or so that for me it's pretty clearly a red herring. I hate the mere thought, but I think they're killing him off.

Also because I doubt they would do a tribute episode for a guy who walked out on his wife/ and or is cheating on her.

My best option now is coma or amnesia. But I don't know how they could sell that without Justin being there in person.

Reminds me of years ago on the Desperate Housewives. Person killed his doctor to not spoil his plan to kill Mike because he blamed him for the death of his family in a car accident. He took his cell phone and then just text the secretary: "I'm fine, talk to you in a few weeks." Umm... who was paying her checks in those weeks? People were asking and calling to talk to the doctor and she just kept going: "Well, he's out of town." Doesn't try call him and getting more straight answers and so forth. Plus, if she worked so long with him, she would have realized something was wrong. 

We are getting that SAME writing here. Given his family's mental history, finding out he never showed up to his mother's. It's like how Meredith took the kids and disappeared for over 7 months without anyone knowing where she went or anything. As many people said: "How was she paying for things?" How did the kids not go: "Mom, why did we leave all our friends?" Just we were to be just: "Well, her husband died, give her time." The hell? Now, with Alex, it's like when Jo was having her "problems" finding out about her birth mother. Yet, no one didn't go: "What the hell is wrong with you?" Instead of letting Alex go crazy and Jo falling more and more into depression (though it made no sense). 

• Love 2
On 2/27/2020 at 10:22 PM, catspjs said:

I don't either but I just looked it up, -15 is -26 Celsius. So really not all that cold. If you dress properly you will be fine, other wise people in the Midwest or New England would not be able to function for many days in the winter. I can see how they could be unprepared to drive or clean the streets right rightaway but its not the vortex cold. Lol 

Excuse my language but that's cold as fuck. Not that cold? I wouldn't even be asked to come in to work with that temperature ( I live in Jersey). People would be staying home all over.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4