Type keyword(s) to search

Parks and Recreation in the Media

San Francisco is having Pawnee problems!

Patty Upsavs says she and her husband went out Monday night to let their dog get one last walk and that's when a raccoon pounced.

"So I started swinging the dog around trying to get it off," Upsavs said.

Then a pack of raccoons attacked.

"And then I got another one on my other leg. And so at this point, I'm in the middle of the street and I look up to see, 'Where is my husband? How come he's not helping?' And I look and he's throwing... raccoons are just jumping on him," Upsavs said.

It's better to imagine this report being read by Perd Hapley.

That's funny because I live in SF and never watch the local news but on Friday I was waiting at a store and it was on and there was a reporter who's name is Cheryl Hurd who's Twitter Handel is Hurd_Hurd and all I could think is she should really hookup with Perd!

*sighs* Damn. At least she has the Golden Globe.  I it's a I didn't have high hopes for them winning Best Comedy Series either but it would have been great to see most of the cast up on stage. They looked great though.

tumblr_nv0agezvqg1tc4y3zo4_1280.jpg

And Aubrey.....dayum.

tumblr_nuzzutkkfK1r2jcoko1_1280.jpg

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 2

Looks like they've located another "Pawnee" city with a terrible past of Indian burial grounds.  Wonder if they have some colorful wall murals in the Ithaca civic center?

Also, a "ps" of sorts about last night's emmys: When the writers/ crew all went on stage to accept the award for Inside Amy Schumer, I spotted Councilman Jamm on stage!  Jon Glaser is a writer for Amy's show. 

Do you understand people!??!?!  Councilman Jamm has an EMMY and Leslie Knope DOES NOT!!! 

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

• Love 1

The Best and Worst Series Finales According to 'The League' Star Paul Scheer

Parks and Recreation: “One Last Ride” (February 24, 2015)

Quick Recap: Before Pawnee’s Parks crew goes their separate ways, Leslie spearheads one more city improvement project. Flash-forwards reveal what’s in store for her friends and family in the days, months, and decades ahead, including, perhaps, an oval-shaped office for Leslie.

Scheer’s Take: “It’s generally easier to stick the landing in a drama than in a comedy. In recent memory, the best comedy series finale is Parks and Rec. The final season is superb from start to finish, and then that finale just encapsulates everything that was so great about the show throughout its run. The core of it was that you loved these characters, so to see them in the future was great. Plus, it was still really funny. And just like Breaking Bad and The Sopranos, there’s a little bit of ambiguity. You’re left going, ‘Wait… is Leslie the President?’ That was so awesome and it wrapped up the season and the series in such a beautiful way.”

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/the-best-and-worst-series-1317095947837494.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

• Love 3

That's the closest I will ever come to seeing The Revenant.

So neither Aziz nor Rob won best actor in a comedy at the Golden Globes, but Aziz with his fake book "How to Lose to Jeffrey Tambor Gracefully" was some Amy Poehler-level award snark. 

That's the closest I will ever come to seeing The Revenant.

So neither Aziz nor Rob won best actor in a comedy at the Golden Globes, but Aziz with his fake book "How to Lose to Jeffrey Tambor Gracefully" was some Amy Poehler-level award snark. 

• Love 1

Did he even look at the camera while it was on him? Great job, Aziz!

Does "straight-to-series" (re that Mike Schur series Kip Hackman noted) mean that there's no pilot, they go straight to filming 13 episodes?

Amy Poehler won an MTV Movie Award for her work in Inside Out(as did Chris Pratt for Jurassic World). In her speech she mentioned that it was the 9th anniversary of when Parks and Rec first aired and Chris sitting in the audience stood up and clapped.

tumblr_o5f6zuZyJR1u5qq1so1_500.png

• Love 3

Amy Poehler won an MTV Movie Award for her work in Inside Out(as did Chris Pratt for Jurassic World). In her speech she mentioned that it was the 9th anniversary of when Parks and Rec first aired and Chris sitting in the audience stood up and clapped.

tumblr_o5f6zuZyJR1u5qq1so1_500.png

Awe. Is her speech on youtube? I'm going to have to look it up.

(edited)
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Mini Parks reuion! Okay not really but Amy, Retta and Pratt went to Aubrey's movie premiere.

I was about to post about it. I love that they're still close after the show.

Aubrey's movie Ingrid Goes West is about an unhinged girl(Aubrey) who becomes obsessed with a social media celebrity(Elizabeth Olsen) and moves to Los Angeles to be her friend and insinuate herself into her life (don't worry it's a comedy). In keeping with the theme, Aubrey wore the same dress as Elizabeth. Judging by her reaction Elizabeth did not know she was going to do this!

Edited by VCRTracking

Binging with Babish made Chris Traeger's East meets West Asian fusion Traeger turkey burger with a toasted Taleggio cheese crisp, papaya chutney, black truffle aioli, and micro greens on a gluten free brioche bun (with some substitutions, like fontina/parmesan instead of Taleggio) and Ron's burger made out of meat on a bun with nothing.

• Love 2

Jim O'Heir discusses Lullaby League, a new singing competition show which is he hosting. Each a cappella group tries to sing a crying baby to sleep.

Short clip of Jim revealing the most recent texts in the P&R group chat. The texts themselves aren't earth-shattering but I love that they're all still in touch (he describes the messages as "constant").

• Love 1