Type keyword(s) to search

Parks and Recreation in the Media

Chris Pratt would never leave Parks and Recreation: http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/chris-pratt-on-parks-and-recreation-i-would-never-leave-this-show-1201407644/

“I’ve been doing this business for 15 years. I realize the things that really matter … are the relationships you have while you’re doing them. I could hope that I could have the good fortune of finding another group of people like this, but I don’t expect I ever will,” he said.

Edited by Mockingbird
  • Love 3

Didn't some brilliant poster here once compare Parks & Rec to The Simpsons in its ability to create such a rich backdrop with so many vivid minor characters and the sense that Pawnee is a vibrant community exiting outside of just whatever our major characters need it to be?! In any case, this article from 2014 kind of speaks to that, so I'm posting it here in case some of us missed it: 

http://dylanbconnell.com/2014/01/02/how-the-simpsons-taught-parks-and-recreation-to-create-rich-memorable-characters/

Didn't some brilliant poster here once compare Parks & Rec to The Simpsons in its ability to create such a rich backdrop with so many vivid minor characters

Not sure who posted it here, but Mike Schur does talk about Pawnee being like Springfield during a DVD commentary. 

Oh my god! Just when I thought my crush on Chris Pratt couldn't be any bigger :) I loved everything about that. And, lord help me, I'm so in for that jokingly tossed out spinoff idea---not the dark one on cable, but the one that's a mixture of Andy and April solving murder mysteries while balancing a dozen or so kids. That would be at the top of my DVR priority list. 

• Love 1

After you say goodbye to Pawnee on Feb. 24, you can watch a reunion of the Parks and Recreation cast later in the evening on Late Night with Seth Meyers.

All eight cast members—Amy Poehler, Aziz Ansari, Nick Offerman, Aubrey Plaza, Chris Pratt, Adam Scott, Jim O’Heir, and Retta—and co-creator Michael Schur will spend the full hour with Meyers (Poehler’s former “Weekend Update” co-host), reliving seven seasons of memories and discusssing the series finale, which airs on NBC at 10 p.m. that night.

This Parks-centric installment of Late Night, which can be seen at 12:35 a.m., also serves as Meyers’ one-year anniversary show.

• Love 8

Oh FUCK NO! He has struggled for awhile with his addiction and talked how supportive Mik Schur was of his recovery and always knew he would have a job when he got out of rehab (he went twice in the past few years).

Behind the scenes tour with Jim O'Heir

Part 1 - a little too much of the "treating Jim like Garry" gag for my taste, but a good tour of the set

Part 2 - I would like to believe that all of the writers were horrified that the chyron read "writer's room"

Filming on the road (Aziz & Chris in Chicago, Amy & Aubrey in DC):

Mouse Rat documentary:

From page to screen (behind the scenes):

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

It's been mentioned upthread already. Such a tragic loss and he'd always been candid about his struggles.

If you haven't listened to the Farts and Procreation specials of Comedy Bang Bang, do it. There are three or four episodes now but the original is still the one that brings me to tears. Ft Chelsea Peretti, Scot Aukerman, Harris Wittels, and Adam Scott. This is the scene that makes me sob with laughter to this day.

• Love 5

It's been mentioned upthread already. Such a tragic loss and he'd always been candid about his struggles.

If you haven't listened to the Farts and Procreation specials of Comedy Bang Bang, do it. There are three or four episodes now but the original is still the one that brings me to tears. Ft Chelsea Peretti, Scot Aukerman, Harris Wittels, and Adam Scott. This is the scene that makes me sob with laughter to this day.

That might be my favorite episode. Carl Sjunior's lumber yard with Patrices Pieces had my sides hurting with laughter. I also loved when he would come on with Harris' Foam Corner. Just those throwaway bad jokes, and everybody's reaction to them, were always a highlight.

Sadly, P&R writer and Pawnee animal control officer Harris Wittels has died.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/20/arts/television/harris-wittels-television-comedy-writer-is-dead-at-30.html

These are the P&R episodes imdb credits him with writing:

Parks and Recreation (TV Series) (written by - 12 episodes)

- Ron & Jammy (2015)

- Prom (2014)

- Filibuster (2013)

- Women in Garbage (2013)

- Leslie vs. April (2012)

- Dave Returns (2012)

- The Treaty (2011)

- Road Trip (2011)

- Media Blitz (2011)

- 94 Meetings (2010)

- Tom's Divorce (2009)

- Practice Date (2009)

Edited by GaryE

For those of you who get Esquire in your cable package, they're running an all-P&R marathon (except for a few hours of ads during the graveyard shift) this weekend, through Monday night. Season One started about 2 hours ago.

• Love 1