Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Burden of Truth (2)

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Intelligence searches for the dealer who caused multiple overdoses and is connected to Roman's missing sister. The case becomes a homicide investigation when they find the dealer's dead body. The conclusion of the crossover event started in Chicago Fire S08E15.

Airdate: 02/26/2020

So a never mentioned before family member of a character that left 4 years ago and the majority of people didn't miss is back and we are supposed to care why?

I'm sure he'll slide right back into screwing with Burgess's mind in no time flat.

I'll give this one a miss I think.

Edited by Guildford
  • Love 3

Pulled this from a TVLine interview about the episode... 

“I liked the ending, because it’s such a Voight/Chicago P.D. ending,” Geraghty notes. “‘Bad people will not prevail’ is kind of the message. That good people will prevail, regardless of what the actual law says.

Smh... Regardless of what the actual law says... 

Ppl really out here believing this nonsense like facts and truths are optional 

• Love 1

This might be an unpopular on here but I liked Roman and Burgess as partners. I miss that aspect of the show going out in the field. I thought Burgess was at her best during those times.  The show ruined the Roman/Burgess dynamic by having them become lovers. I also hated how Roman was a buttinsky in Burgess' relationship with Ruzek.

Why does this show  always like to have heinous things happen to the family members of the characters on this show? As soon as Roman showed inquiring about his sister, I knew something bad would happen to her..

• Love 10
3 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

“I liked the ending, because it’s such a Voight/Chicago P.D. ending,” Geraghty notes. “‘Bad people will not prevail’ is kind of the message. That good people will prevail, regardless of what the actual law says.

So Roman murdering someone and getting away with it is 'Good people prevailing'....no Roman you are a murderer. Go away.

So basically this show is just about cops mudering or facilitating murder because they are pissy/upset/revengeful. They are no better than the criminals. Voight, Upton, Antonio & Roman are all POS.

What's next Halstead murders a parking inspector for giving him a ticket, Ruzek offing someone because his coffee order was wrong?

This show is just non stop misery...it's so fucking depressing.

Edited by Guildford
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Guildford said:

So Roman murdering someone and getting away with it is 'Good people prevailing'....no Roman you are a murderer. Go away.

So basically this show is just about cops mudering or facilitating murder because they are pissy/upset/revengeful. They are no better than the criminals. Voight, Upton, Antonio & Roman are all POS.

What's next Halstead murders a parking inspector for giving him a ticket, Ruzek offing someone because his coffee order was wrong?

This show is just non stop misery...it's so fucking depressing.

I could live with Voight doing the extra-judicial killings. He was the kind of cop and character. One didn't have to like it or him but it worked for him as a character. But he was also supposed to be the one who does this stuff while he protects his team and they can keep their hands clean. This is getting ridiculous.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

I could live with Voight doing the extra-judicial killings. He was the kind of cop and character. One didn't have to like it or him but it worked for him as a character. But he was also supposed to be the one who does this stuff while he protects his team and they can keep their hands clean. This is getting ridiculous.

And that was the whole premise of the show and yes Voight doing shady shit was how it was set up. I am sure it was never meant to be a band of rogue cops running around murdering people and patting themselves on the back because, you know they are 'good people and the other's are bad'. And every one of them is a revenge killing...blech.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Guildford said:

be a band of rogue cops running around murdering people and patting themselves on the back

I think that's my major problem... I walk away from these episodes and I still get the feeling that these characters feel and the writers want me to see them as like noble vigilantes or good Police doing what they can in a totally screwed up system... But they aren't... The system seems set up to let them get away with Whatever... Whenever it suits them

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

I think that's my major problem... I walk away from these episodes and I still get the feeling that these characters feel and the writers want me to see them as like noble vigilantes or good Police doing what they can in a totally screwed up system... But they aren't... The system seems set up to let them get away with Whatever... Whenever it suits them

This is from an article on TV Line about the episode.

“I think it’s like any good movie: There’s a vigilante. They’re actually doing, by the law, the wrong thing, but I think you’re kind of rooting for them,” Geraghty says of Roman’s actions. “I hope that the audience, in that case, would realize that [Roman] was doing it out of love.”

It's exactly as you say, they want people to see them as noble vigilantes....maybe the first time but now it's just revenge killing for the sake of it because these incompetent writers have backed this show into a corner and there is nowhere else for anyone to go.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Sadly that's how it is in real life. You got law enforcement out here moving how ever they want to hell with the law that they are supposed to be upholding. And god help you if you black. I keep watching this show hoping that at some point these cops will be held accountable but with quotes like that I won't hold my breath. He sounds like a nut.

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 2

But what about the rest of the force? Aren't there other sections (homicide) who would be looking into these murders? This is all so stupid on Voight's part like he's just going to make it go away for the entire department.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Guildford said:

It's exactly as you say, they want people to see them as noble vigilantes....maybe the first time but now it's just revenge killing for the sake of it because these incompetent writers have backed this show into a corner and there is nowhere else for anyone to go.

It would help if they didn't have so damn many relatives needin' the rule-breaking and revenge-killing. We're dragging back actors from four years ago now because we're running out of relatives of the current cast. If they bring back Mouse to fridge him for Halstead's turn, I will go ham.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

To be fair, this is how communities of color view the police in real life..

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Guildford said:

And that was the whole premise of the show and yes Voight doing shady shit was how it was set up. I am sure it was never meant to be a band of rogue cops running around murdering people and patting themselves on the back because, you know they are 'good people and the other's are bad'. And every one of them is a revenge killing...blech.

The problem is this is how Dick Wolf sees the police. As lawless vigilantes who break the law and murder with impunity. You know TV cops.

Most police are normal working class people trying to get through the day without hurting anyone or getting hurt themselves. The vast majority never even drawn their gyms let alone shoot three people an episode. The cops on Chicago PD actually meet the definition of serial killers. How many people have they shot down in the past few years? I would say every character other then the new girl have killed at least ten people. In the real world they would all be riding desks with that body count.

I look at these shows as basically politically correct science fiction.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Not all of us.. Not at all cops.. In general I didn't like the cops in Brooklyn most of the time and most of the places we went.. But in my actual hood.. I knew most of the officers they were decent. At least the beat cops... Never really trusted the D's( detectives),  but I understood they had a job and while a hassle compared to what other folks from other parts of NY told me.. Our guys were mild. 

The characters from intelligence I mean I feel its weekly now one of them is doing something between unethical to downright shady and criminal and it keeps getting swept under the rug and nothing happens.. If the show wanted to show them doing shady shit and having to work to get away with it.. Or dealing with repercussions from said acts.. Ok.. But nothing its do shady shit.. Get away with it and move on...where the hell is IAB in Chicago? 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Not all of us.. Not at all cops.. In general I didn't like the cops in Brooklyn most of the time and most of the places we went.. But in my actual hood.. I knew most of the officers they were decent. At least the beat cops... Never really trusted the D's( detectives),  but I understood they had a job and while a hassle compared to what other folks from other parts of NY told me.. Our guys were mild. 

I live in Brooklyn and hav the same experience. Except that the officers in the 75th have one common attribute.

They are lazy.

They haven’t returned to the glories of cooping like they used to do in the sixties but they are really hands off. Especially since if they try to do their job they are attacked by emboldened allies of the criminals who throw water and worse at them. Everybody has a cell phone and wants to have the next viral video so the police have gone into turtle mode.

I understand the police in most major cities such as Chicago and Baltimore have done the same.

2 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

The cops on Chicago PD actually meet the definition of serial killers

So do most TV cops, when you consider the amount of people they've killed. It's disturbing. Even worse is how matter-of-fact they all are about it.

2 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I would say every character other then the new girl have killed at least ten people. In the real world they would all be riding desks with that body count.

They'd have been FIRED if not arrested. If a cop uses deadly force, there's an intense IA investigation to make absolutely certain that he/she had no choice. I can't imagine any real life IA squad clearing a cop for duty  after the second time such an incident occurred.

• Love 1

Why should we be invested in a character who left the show years ago? Why should we care about his sister whom we’ve never seen or heard of? Why does said character get away with murder because he was a cop a while ago? 
So Kim wants Adam to share in her misery. If her dumb behind stayed in the district like she was supposed to, she’d still be miserable and pregnant. She is absolutely right to be angry at herself.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

The characters from intelligence I mean I feel its weekly now one of them is doing something between unethical to downright shady and criminal and it keeps getting swept under the rug and nothing happens.. If the show wanted to show them doing shady shit and having to work to get away with it.. Or dealing with repercussions from said acts.. Ok.. But nothing its do shady shit.. Get away with it and move on...where the hell is IAB in Chicago? 

I agree with you. The cops in my part of Brooklyn are pretty tame as well. Plus we’re pretty tight knit West Indian neighborhood and will side eye officer grumpy if they’re being a little extra.

7 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I live in Brooklyn and hav the same experience. Except that the officers in the 75th have one common attribute.

They are lazy.

They haven’t returned to the glories of cooping like they used to do in the sixties but they are really hands off. Especially since if they try to do their job they are attacked by emboldened allies of the criminals who throw water and worse at them. Everybody has a cell phone and wants to have the next viral video so the police have gone into turtle mode.

I understand the police in most major cities such as Chicago and Baltimore have done the same.

In defense of the 75th they have a large patrol sector stemming from East New York all the way to the border of Spring Creek. I’m sure there are days they just don’t want to be bothered.

8 minutes ago, spunky said:

In defense of the 75th they have a large patrol sector stemming from East New York all the way to the border of Spring Creek. I’m sure there are days they just don’t want to be bothered.

Yeah 75th is type large and I don't even really like being in East NY less I need to be.. I get anxious round too many Yankees, and the longer I go without hearing a Dominican/Trini or Guyanese accent the more I feel outta place.. Lol

• Love 1
10 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Yeah 75th is type large and I don't even really like being in East NY less I need to be.. I get anxious round too many Yankees, and the longer I go without hearing a Dominican/Trini or Guyanese accent the more I feel outta place.. Lol

As a Trini I definitely understand. Lol

On 2/27/2020 at 8:10 AM, mommalib said:

Sadly that's how it is in real life. You got law enforcement out here moving how ever they want to hell with the law that they are supposed to be upholding. And god help you if you black. I keep watching this show hoping that at some point these cops will be held accountable but with quotes like that I won't hold my breath. He sounds like a nut.

None of this is true, of course.

On 2/27/2020 at 12:17 PM, Pearson80 said:

And yet when you are talking about real police in real life, it’s not all that accurate.

On 2/27/2020 at 12:44 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

The problem is this is how Dick Wolf sees the police. As lawless vigilantes who break the law and murder with impunity. You know TV cops.

Most police are normal working class people trying to get through the day without hurting anyone or getting hurt themselves. The vast majority never even drawn their gyms let alone shoot three people an episode. The cops on Chicago PD actually meet the definition of serial killers. How many people have they shot down in the past few years? I would say every character other then the new girl have killed at least ten people. In the real world they would all be riding desks with that body count.

I look at these shows as basically politically correct science fiction.

What a post... it saved me so much typing.

The point is, Dick Wolf and his gang despise cops and has nothing to say other than a new way to unfairly, falsely depict them as mindless killers living a life of pure lawlessness, and hunting minorities in their spare time.

I wonder how a show depicting how cops really act would be received?

7 minutes ago, SG11 said:

None of this is true, of course.

And yet when you are talking about real police in real life, it’s not all that accurate.

You can believe what want and i'll believe what I want. There are a lot of bad cops out there and I think the truly good ones are few. But I do acknowledge there are good cops out there and not all are bad. That's my experience as a black man.

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SG11 said:

If you are White, you have nothing to worry about when it comes to the police. However if you are Black or Latino, God help you! 

On 2/27/2020 at 12:05 AM, Pearson80 said:

Why does this show  always like to have heinous things happen to the family members of the characters on this show? As soon as Roman showed inquiring about his sister, I knew something bad would happen to her..

I knew Sarah would be dead for that reason, and also because Roman is not a central character at this point, so having his sister tragically die would provide feels for the audience yet not really affect the show in any real way...or at least that's what the showrunners likely believe.

Why exactly was Roman blaming himself so much for not helping his sister during her time of need? I know people experience all sorts of irrational guilt over the death of a loved one, but the two were about 20 years apart; he was grown and gone before she was out of diapers. It wasn't his job to raise her. As far as I could see, if anyone was to blame, it was the parents, who had clearly known for some time that Sarah was involved in all sorts of things, yet not done a single thing to try to help (at least it wasn't mentioned if they had).