Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Who Shot Ya

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Spencer is worried Coop isn't taking everything seriously and asks Layla for her help. Olivia questions whether she did the right thing by going to Billy about Asher, leaving Billy to have to make a tough choice in order to protect his team. Coop is feeling smothered by everyone and makes a tough decision about her potential future. Meanwhile, Laura knows Jordan has a big heart but is concerned about his relationship with Simone.

Airdate: 02/24/2020

I should have put things together when Spencer specifically noted at the church that Sean's mom had just come back to town, but I didn't figure it out until she was talking with Grace in a later scene.  The scene with Spencer and Coop on the swings was well-done and had me tearing up even though I was certain that Sean's mom would turn herself in.  I guess that the writers did things this way so that Tyrone's death doesn't set off a gang war, but it is very sad that she lost both her sons and will now go to prison because she didn't get the justice she should have for Sean's death because they let Tyrone off for whatever reason even with a taped confession.  But if Coop felt the gun that hadn't been fired was what would prove her innocence, why did she leave it behind in the first place?  Maybe she just panicked.

I'm sure Billy will end up coaching again and Asher will be playing when the next season starts some way or another.  Were they trying to say that Billy just hid the steroids somewhere on the campus instead of dumping them in any dumpster anywhere else in the city?  He doesn't seem stupid, so this makes little sense.

• Love 1

That ending was very difficult to see. I know that Sean’s mom killed a guy, but he was scum and killed so many people including her son. Life isn’t fair. I started losing it when they showed the kids playing together on the swings up until Coop’s scene with the mom. 

So Billy is going to take the fall for Asher. Is this what is going to cause Olivia to take drugs again? I hope not.

I am liking Simone but am wondering what Jordan is going to do falling in love with a pregnant ex. This will not end well.

• Love 1
On 2/25/2020 at 6:03 AM, KWalkerInc said:

I should have put things together when Spencer specifically noted at the church that Sean's mom had just come back to town, but I didn't figure it out until she was talking with Grace in a later scene.  The scene with Spencer and Coop on the swings was well-done and had me tearing up even though I was certain that Sean's mom would turn herself in.  I guess that the writers did things this way so that Tyrone's death doesn't set off a gang war, but it is very sad that she lost both her sons and will now go to prison because she didn't get the justice she should have for Sean's death because they let Tyrone off for whatever reason even with a taped confession.  But if Coop felt the gun that hadn't been fired was what would prove her innocence, why did she leave it behind in the first place?  Maybe she just panicked.

I'm sure Billy will end up coaching again and Asher will be playing when the next season starts some way or another.  Were they trying to say that Billy just hid the steroids somewhere on the campus instead of dumping them in any dumpster anywhere else in the city?  He doesn't seem stupid, so this makes little sense.

Amen to the Billy thing. Why would he dump it at the school? That makes zero sense. I understand him not wanting to dump it in his home since Laura is the DA now and they have been trying to dig up dirt on her. But, he could literally go to any random dumpster or hell a fast food restaurant's trash can. This plot point is so contrived just to cause extra drama.

Besides that really loved this episode. It resolved and set up a lot all at the same time.

14 minutes ago, KWalkerInc said:

I thought that when Billy confronted Asher in his office, he got him to hand over something from his bag and said he would dispose of it.

Yeah, Asher gave Billy his steroids, though I guess it's possible that he had more hidden somewhere.