Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E20: He pūhe‘e miki (A Gripping Cuttlefish)

• Start Topic

While Five-0 investigates a scheme to rob tourists, Tani helps Gerard Hirsch (Willie Garson) prove the innocence of his elderly uncle when he’s suspected of murder. Also, Tani and Junior work on the nuances of being in a new relationship.

Original Airdate: March 13, 2020

SOURCE: https://www.viacomcbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/hawaii-five-0/releases/view?id=54646

Edited by BW Manilowe
To correct the episode number; the press releases for episodes 10.19 and 10.20 were released out of order by CBS.
23 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I loves me a Hirsch episode.  If I can't get Sang Min, I'll take Hirsch.

Was that Tom Berenger?

Fucking Doris.

Not Tom Berenger (he’s already been on at least once, playing Danny’s dad), if you mean Hirsch’s uncle. Uncle Oscar was played by Michael Nouri (I think he was a big soap actor back in the day). His friend Stanley, I’m pretty sure, was a HITG! named Laurence Luckinbill. He’s married to Lucille Ball & Desi Arnaz’s actress daughter, Lucie & I think he was Doogie (Neil Patrick Harris)’s dad in Doogie Howser, M.D., also back in the day.

• Useful 1

Yeah. F Doris. It’ll be interesting to see what she left for Steve with this English guy who isn’t Steve’s friend Harry the British Special/Secret Agent.

I like they gave a reason for Danny’s absence this week. But considering his kids are, like, 9 years apart in age (Charlie was born in the S2 Valentines Day ep, when Gracie was supposed to be 9 years old—IRL Teilor Grubbs is a year older, as I remember), & Grace’s supposed to be in college now, with Charlie in Elementary School (probably around 3rd grade, I think... or he should be, based on being born in February of S2), I’m not sure I buy Danny having both kids off for Spring Break at the same time. Not even with Charlie going to a private school, Leeward Academy, where he & Gracie both went before she graduated & which was a different private school than Gracie went to (Academy of the Sacred Hearts) before Charlie was school age.

And no reason for Quinn being missing... again. Maybe she was with her stepdaughter we met last week.

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I loves me a Hirsch episode.  If I can't get Sang Min, I'll take Hirsch.

Was that Tom Berenger?

Fucking Doris.

As others have said Michael Nouri best known to me from the can't be made today older boss/boyfriend in Flashdance.

They are pushing an upcoming McGarrett death so hard something else must be going on. maybe an unknown sibling

• Useful 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, spar500 said:

The actor playing Stanley`s real name is Lawrence Pressman. You are correct, he was in Doogie Howser, but He a doctor in that show. He was I believe , Doogies boss.

At least I knew his first name & that he was in Doogie Howser, M.D.! After I posted before, I remembered James B. Sikking, another HITG!, was Doogie’s dad. I’ve gotta admit, I get Lawrence Pressman & Laurence Luckinbill confused a lot for some reason.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add a comment.

🤣  I thought Danny's dad was played by Michael Nouri, so I didn't think that could be him last night!  Apparently I get my tall, handsome, older, curly-grey-haired-but-used-to-be-dark-haired actors with curvaceous lips mixed up...  😆

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, Raja said:

As others have said Michael Nouri best known to me from the can't be made today older boss/boyfriend in Flashdance.

They are pushing an upcoming McGarrett death so hard something else must be going on. maybe an unknown sibling

What if the person they thought they killed was a Wofat lookalike? The secret message that Doris sends may be that Wofat is alive and is somehow Steves half brother. The actor that played Wofat is to appear in the finale. 

2 hours ago, spar500 said:

What if the person they thought they killed was a Wofat lookalike? The secret message that Doris sends may be that Wofat is alive and is somehow Steves half brother. The actor that played Wofat is to appear in the finale. 

If that ↑ happens I'm glad it the SERIES FINALE because that truly would be a bummer.  If that's all they've got maybe they should make the half brother Danny. Doris could have had an affair with Tom Berenger on a stopover at Newark airport way back when. After-all they do share a liver.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, preeya said:

2 minutes ago, preeya said:

If that ↑ happens I'm glad it the SERIES FINALE because that truly would be a bummer.  If that's all they've got maybe they should make the half brother Danny. Doris could have had an affair with Tom Berenger on a stopover at Newark airport way back when. After-all they do share a liver.

If they are brothers, they could even be twins! Tongue in cheek, in that Alex O'Laughlin and Scott Caan's birthdays are 8/24/76 and 8/23/76, respectively. However, assuming Alex was born in Australia, which would be one day ahead of the USA where I assume Scott Caan was born, could be close to the same time?

Does anyone know when the actors were told the series would not be continuing, in terms of what show may have been taped at that time? I ask because the "hitting you over the head" scene with Steve and Danny on horseback, riding into the sunset, and the "You're going to miss this when it is all gone" line of dialogue was obviously a statement on the show ending.

SO, next week is a repeat of the Series Opener from this season where we discover Jerry was shot, so a nice farewell for Jorge Garcia. Then, a 2-parter finale, assuming a week apart because the standard MacGuyver/H50/Blue Blood lineup is on March 27. Wrap up the series 4/3 and then Magnum returns 4/10.

I am hoping they don't kill off McGarrett, as they did not do so on the original series. At the conclusion of the original series, there was a lot of people upset that the show did not allow the living main characters to appear after the curtain to say a final good-bye and thank the fans. Wonder if that might happen this time around? That is more likely as an extra on the Season 10 DVD that usually would come out in September.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

And no reason for Quinn being missing... again. Maybe she was with her stepdaughter we met last week.

Or she was off filming her appearance in the Arrow finale. 

Another Michael Nouri role was Eli David on NCIS. 

• Useful 1

Tani doesn't strike me as someone who sleeps with clothes on. 

The whole episode was for Eddie licking Mozzie's face. 

Why is Adam is there? They're all like 'welcome back to work!' Why? So he can screw up?

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 1

Okay, so I think either, yes, they're pushing a Steve death or B...they're going to bring back Catherine, and he's going to ask her to marry him, since they appear to be pushing that whole "dying alone'' thing pretty hard as well.

I like that Hirsch got to see the other side of scamming people. His expression when Tabitha was talking was great.

Loved Tani's confession. But seriously, dude, do you think she maintains that figure by eating everything on the menu, including a humongous stack of pancakes? Have you ever seen her eat like that?

• Love 3

Yeah, but I don't think Juns was expecting they'd be eating a big breakfast every day. It was the first time he stayed over and it was a big deal for him.

Also, not to be that guy, but I think it was waffles (I just watched the show a couple of hours ago) because last week Jimmy Buffet was making waffles at Steve's and saying how it's a great way to impress a woman and Juns was asking him how to make them. To be fair, I think Tani could eat a waffle once and in the course of a week probably work it off at the gym. 

It was a little much to be making a big breakfast like that on a work day. He knows she drinks coffee. He could have just made that. 

1 hour ago, Sweet Tooth said:

Loved Tani's confession. But seriously, dude, do you think she maintains that figure by eating everything on the menu, including a humongous stack of pancakes? Have you ever seen her eat like that?

Right?  You could feed a family of five with what they "cook" on TV shows.  It's always excessive.

• Love 1

Well, Hirsch is always welcome (even if he is Mozzie 2.0) and the scene where he had to witness the emotional aftermath of a con-job was very well done.

I did not feel Tani and Junior's mini-drama because it felt rushed. But I enjoyed both Lou and Hirsch as agony aunts.

Doris is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

Wonder if that is with Doris something like a huge stack of money for Steve? Just hope they can let him live. As really wished that there could be a spin off with Junior, Quinn, Tani, and Danny, Lou, and Steve if he does not die that is to make appearances!

Has there ever been a finale where the lead actor was killed?  I mean a non-elderly character.  I remember on Mad About You they showed a flashforward of Paul & family returning from his father’s funeral, and Parenthood killed the father/grandfather in the last episode, but he had been shown to have serious health issues.

I just don’t get the reason for this show to have such a sad ending.

Was Steve at Charlie’s police academy(?) graduation in someone’s dream?  I remember Tani and Junior being there, as  husband & wife, I think.

3 hours ago, Mittengirl said:

Has there ever been a finale where the lead actor was killed?  I mean a non-elderly character.  I remember on Mad About You they showed a flashforward of Paul & family returning from his father’s funeral, and Parenthood killed the father/grandfather in the last episode, but he had been shown to have serious health issues.

I just don’t get the reason for this show to have such a sad ending.

Was Steve at Charlie’s police academy(?) graduation in someone’s dream?  I remember Tani and Junior being there, as  husband & wife, I think.

Yes, Steve was at Charlie’s Police Academy graduation, & Tani & Junior were married... & she was the head of Five-0, which Charlie was about to join. It was in Danny’s dreams when he was shot by some guy while he, Steve, Tani & Junior were quarantined for exposure to some virus that was on a yacht involved in a case. If I remember right, Danny had slept with the guy’s wife while he still lived/worked in New Jersey & she reported her husband for domestic abuse. Danny had an Uncle Vito (I think) who was helping Danny & Steve with the restaurant they were gonna own together during that part of the season, & he somehow hooked up with the wife beater guy & was bragging about Danny, including telling the guy he’d moved to Hawaii, not knowing the guy was looking to get revenge on Danny for sleeping with his (ex?) wife after all these years.

On 3/16/2020 at 2:57 PM, Mittengirl said:

Has there ever been a finale where the lead actor was killed?

Bobby Ewing, okay, it's a stretch considering that was like 40 years ago. (snicker)

James Evans (Good Times), 50 years ago, Lol

Adam Cartright, maybe 60 years ago. Hahahahaha

Michael Nouri has been a fixture on TV for over 45 years.

In recent years he had a several year recurring role as Ziva David's characters father on NCIS

NCIS (TV Series)
Mossad Director Eli David / Director Eli David

- Shabbat Shalom (2013) ... Mossad Director Eli David

- Extreme Prejudice (2012) ... Mossad Director Eli David (uncredited)

- Enemies Domestic (2010) ... Mossad Director Eli David

- Enemies Foreign (2010) ... Mossad Director Eli David

- Good Cop, Bad Cop (2009) ... Mossad Director Eli David (voice, uncredited)

- Aliyah (2009) ... Director Eli David

- Last Man Standing (2008) ... Director Eli David

In the 1980"s  he definitely was a heart throb.  See below.

michaelnouri.thumb.jpg.cb48942a48cbd594c4841e3de630e070.jpg

• Love 1