Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Baby on Board

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

He has the nerve to run up to tell the Captain how to Captain the sailboat. Who does he think he is?

I get what he was trying to do, but did it in a really dumb way.

Trying to serve and eat a meal while heeling hard isn't comfortable for anybody.  Captain is upstairs and doesn't see the chaos.

(And I don't care if he has to cook sideways 🙂

He needs to sit down with the Captain and work out some communication system so they can coordinate for the guests maximum comfort.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, PaperTree said:

Trying to serve and eat a meal while heeling hard isn't comfortable for anybody.  Captain is upstairs and doesn't see the chaos.

there is no way I would enjoy eating while heeling. I mean someone's drink flew off the table causing a dangerous glass situation. I don't think Adam was saying "I can't cook like this," he was saying "elegant meals aren't elegant under these situations."

I get that the guests had wanted to fly, and hadn't much opportunity. Maybe they should have been asked how they wanted to eat their dinner? The captain could have done that rather than just assuming they wanted to fly. But maybe there was a time constraint on getting back? In which case that sucks for the guests for their last meal (which I think it was).

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

I am pretty sure the Captain is familiar with the issues but the guests wanted to sail, they didn’t mind eating under sail, so he was deferring to what the guests wanted and telling his crew to suck it up and do their jobs. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I am pretty sure the Captain is familiar with the issues but the guests wanted to sail, they didn’t mind eating under sail, so he was deferring to what the guests wanted and telling his crew to suck it up and do their jobs. 

I missed some small bits.  (Uninterested people talking to me while watching. grr)

If the guests were cool with it than go for it.

• Love 1
On 2/25/2020 at 9:35 PM, biakbiak said:

Not to mention it doesn’t seem like the baby was born in Greece so your looking at multiple flights to get to Corfu where the boat is docked. 

Plus at one month they have not had many of their shots yet. Stupid idea on their part.

• Love 10
On 2/24/2020 at 7:02 PM, PaperTree said:

Jenna and Paggg are really bad managers.  T.

They seem totally unable to recognize their peoples' strengths.

Parker is a friendly guy.  These guests seem to enjoy the interactions and tightass is jealous they don't want to talk to him.  He's a greenhorn.  Deal with it.

Now Mr. Engineer is a mind reader.  Go to Vegas and play poker.  How the hell does he know what the guests know?  That "diamond machine" comment was incredibly condescending..

Jenna def doesn’t recognize their strengths or their weaknesses.  She is not a good chief stew at all, she should show them the tricks of the trade if she thinks they’re not efficient.  They are probably picking up her slack for the time she is wasting flirting with the chef, so far I am not a fan at all.  The whole crew including the captain have a lot of kinks to work,  out they all seem like amateurs.

Edited by endure
  • Love 6

Below Deck Yachting is a spin off that does everything wrong. The crew is boring and/or annoying. In each episode we only see them sailing for about 15 minutes. And the only drama that's come out of it so far is a few pans falling on the ground and Parker asking about a vacuum in front of the guests (how could he!). Even their toys (a.k.a paddle boarding) are boring. Not to mention most of the the meals are family style which are boring for us viewers. Even the ones that are individual aren't creative or plated in an interesting way. (I think Adam is a good chef but not a great one.)

Also, I agree with many of you that Jenna is the worst. For all Hannah and Kate's flaws, they do work their asses off, especially Kate. Apparently on a sailing yacht, the chief stew's job is to dry plates for the chef while she attempts to flirt with him. The other stews have to run up from making beds to make coffee for the guests while Jenna continues to dry a glass for Adam. The deck crew sets up the nighttime fire pit and she sends a stew to be there with he guests. No thought of maybe heading over there and checking for herself that everything is good. She also then tattles straight to the captain about Parker, a crew member that is not even in her department. On either other Below Deck show, this would be (and has been!) high drama that sparks long conversations on these boards. But this show is so boring in general it's just like eh, whatever.

Actually I think that sums up the whole show in general: eh, whatever.

Edited by Jsage
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Jenna could never be Kate.

She doesn’t have it in her to be that much of a toxic hag.

She can’t do laundry (legit third charter didnt know which was the washing machine and dryer) and hasn’t done shit other than throwing her strews under the bus to flirt with Adam. Kate turned down cabins and did laundry when her stews were overwhelmed or just needed a break. Jenna can’t even serve particularly well. I get your hatred of Kate runs deep but Jenna has been an dick to many without doing shit. On another forum people did screen shots of the table and it’s the decoration is so painfully bad on the tables. I hate table scapes but she just doesn’t even attempt to make it not look like a shitty diner with table service.. She is garbage in terms of her job and her management skills. It’s kind of amazing how much she doesn’t give a shit about anything other than Adam thinking she is delightful. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 15
On 2/26/2020 at 8:26 AM, txhorns79 said:

It just seems nuts to me to put the parents and newborn through the ordeal of international travel.  I mean, how much of a vacation can they really be having with a one month old?  

I did kind of laugh at Jenna and Paget's comments about how Parker "just doesn't get it," in terms of his job.  Have they even been on the boat for a full week?  Maybe give the guy a few weeks before you act like he'll be a perpetual failure at his job?  

I agree it’s completely nuts. Jenna can go kick rocks with no shoes on. Paget like Jenna is a horrible boss, minus the bully mentality.

• Love 5
On 2/26/2020 at 10:54 AM, jumper sage said:

It seems to be common sense.  They do have infant life jackets from newborn on.  I like how on Below Deck the children MUST wear life jackets outside the main areas.  Why this isn't a rule on sailing ships is beyond me.

Same old Adam.

Mine too.  Captain Lee is getting really grouchy.  I understand he has massive grief.

You can vacuum up glass.  You pick up the big pieces then run a vacuum, designed for glass, over the area.  Especially on a boat where everyone is barefoot.

Captain Lee may need to step aside and let a fresh face come aboard. I would sail with Captain Glenn any day.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Jenna could never be Kate.

She doesn’t have it in her to be that much of a toxic hag.

Like you I can’t stand Kate. However Jenna is shaping up to be even more toxic than Kate. She doesn’t know the difference between a washer and dryer, she doesn’t do anything or give directions. She talks badly of her crew with Adam in the hopes that he’ll sleep with her. Someone lied to her and told her she was all that. Chef Mila would make a better Chief Stew.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Jenna has to be one of the most unlikeable individuals on the Below Deck franchises. She has zero personality and comes across as desperate for Adam's attention. He main job seems to be bad mouthing her stews to Adam. And he seems to enjoy gossiping with her. What a little bitch he has turned out to be. And I have to agree with whoever said in what universe is Jenna considered attractive?  

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 10

Jenna seems to have taken the worst qualities of both Kate and Hannah and doubled down on them.  The only time I didn't think she was being a dick was when she was pissed that none of the crew who lived aboard prior to charter season did ANYTHING to keep the boat clean and organized.

• Love 11

Cant stand Jenna's eyebrows. They've been shaped but they're not done right. Should each be feathered at the beginning. Too boxy with severe lines. Yikes.

And speaking of Jenna's looks. Whoa ! on her appearance on WWHL last Monday. (Feb 23). Long hair extensions on one side of her head, with all that hair brought to that side to drape over her shoulder. Then the other side of her head was complete  opposite:  a few tight head braids, showing alot of scalp. It was like she had two different hairdos on one head. Then her makeup was over done, too heavy with silly heavy fake eyelashes. Short, short short dress to show the legs, with black high heels. 

It was one big hot mess and she looked cheap. Her idea for glamour on a tee vee tawlk show, trying to look like a stah ! (star)

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

Cant stand Jenna's eyebrows. They've been shaped but they're not done right. Should each be feathered at the beginning. Too boxy with severe lines. Yikes.

And speaking of Jenna's looks. Whoa ! on her appearance on WWHL last Monday. (Feb 23). Long hair extensions on one side of her head, with all that hair brought to that side to drape over her shoulder. Then the other side of her head was complete  opposite:  a few tight head braids, showing alot of scalp. It was like she had two different hairdos on one head. Then her makeup was over done, too heavy with silly heavy fake eyelashes. Short, short short dress to show the legs, with black high heels. 

It was one big hot mess and she looked cheap. Her idea for glamour on a tee vee tawlk show, trying to look like a stah ! (star)

I basically thought the same thing about her appearance on WWHL - her eyes are really beautiful and startling against her darker complexion and she had on so much eye makeup and such heavy lashes that they were lost in her face.

• Love 1

Anyone who thinks Jenna is a better stew than Kate needs their head examined.  Jenna is a total desperate dolt - and might be one of the worst "managers" of others the Below Deck franchise has ever seen (tied with Chandler, maybe).

The other stews at least seem pleasant.  Adam continues to be a no-talent ass clown.  

• Love 5
On 2/27/2020 at 12:56 PM, NJMom said:

Plus at one month they have not had many of their shots yet. Stupid idea on their part.

I totally agree with you here. I wouldn't be taking an infant on a plane. Heck no! And without the 1st crucial shots-nope. Not a snowball's chance in hell.

• Love 3

Jenna is a thoroughly unlikeable bitch. Telling Georgia she needs to straighten out the laundry situation while not knowing which appliance is the dryer is just perfect. If she’d pull her head out of Adam’s ass for a minute she might just find the time to get to know her stews. I am enjoying her desperate flirting with Adam though. That’s a train wreck and a half waiting to happen.  

• Love 3

We got married on Corfu and had our rehearsal dinner right where they were in Agni (our server was named Adonis and hoo boy was he!), so I was super into this episode, pointing out all the places we'd been. 

Jenna is trash and thus she's perfect for psychotic misogynist Adam. I hope they get married, take each off the market permanently, and live Virginia-Woolfily ever after. 

I like Parker and Madison. They're kind of dum-dums but seem to have good hearts. That said, Madison, he is not into you, girl. 

• Love 4