Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
paulvdb

S07.E01: The Bad Batch

Captain Rex and the Bad Batch must infiltrate an enemy base on Anaxes. It’s the end of the historic Clone Wars, as the forces of darkness have amassed great power in their bid to transform the Republic into the Galactic Empire. With the Republic on a losing streak, Captain Rex fears the Separatists are using stolen data to help predict the Grand Army’s every move. As the threat of defeat looms, Rex teams up with experimental Clone Force 99, also known as the Bad Batch. Together, they embark on a high-risk mission behind enemy lines to uncover the truth behind the Separatist victories in “The Bad Batch".

I'm not going to get into it until everyone else has a chance to watch, but I did like that 'data analytics' is part of the warfare now.

Hopefully, analytics can also explain why some clones make 60% of their 3 point shots versus others making 10%.....

I liked the Bad Batch, reminded me of The Dirty Dozen.

I was oddly OK with the weekly rollout for The Mandalorian but, not being able to binge The Clone Wars is bugging me.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 7:40 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

I liked the Bad Batch, reminded me of The Dirty Dozen.

I was oddly OK with the weekly rollout for The Mandalorian but, not being able to binge The Clone Wars is bugging me.

Same here-I’ve only ever binged Clone Wars so this is torture. I just want to watch the whole season right this second.

This is the planet from Rebels that has the floating rocks and the crazy only in the shadow creatures right? Makes you wonder if we see the destruction of this planet during this Bad Batch arc.

I’m not a huge fan of the Bad Batch(they’re really one note) but they do raise interesting questions. Are they chipped? Do they get wiped out at some point before Order 66 or are they apart of it? Are there more mutated clones or are these the only four that have survived? I do like that the Charlie Sheen look-alike seems to have facial hair. I always wondered why we haven’t seen more five o’clock shadows on the clones.

10 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I'm guessing being clean shaven would be a military protocol issue.

Yeah. Just on the longer missions we’ve seen, I’m surprised we haven’t seen it. Especially when we see how big Rex’s beard is in Rebels. But I’m sure it’s also a nightmare to remember when animating.

I know the clones age twice as fast, does that mean we’re technically seeing teenagers go through Order 66? That’s something else I was thinking about watching these two episodes. They’re all babies doing this.

Very happy to see The Clone Wars return.  I was not happy when it was canceled so it's gratifying to see it return.  Very much enjoyed this episode.  I enjoyed it when I saw the original animatics on the official site back in 2015.