Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E16: Pasadena

Bort
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, ehall1052 said:

Ha! That is no exaggeration! I taped this episode and one of my favorite shows was to begin in 20 minutes so I decided to watch YS. 

The first thing I thought was Yellow Submarine?  Then oh, Young Sheldon, almost forgot what forum I was on for a minute there.

I remember people complaining about Big Bang episodes being only 22 minutes long.  Now Young Sheldon is only 17 minutes?  Yikes, TV shows must be getting shorter and shorter.

Finally watching this episode - only a few minutes in and I've had one hearty laugh (when Sheldon calls Meemaw to see if she's dead) and one moment where I rolled my eyes (as a librarian I was not impressed at the suggestion that taking books out of the library was some how a terrible thing that you only do as a last resort!).  

Ok saw it all.  Excellent episode,  I noticed as well that the university paid for the trip because they want to keep Sheldon as a student.  I think that answers the question that has been posed a few times as to what Sheldon's status at the university is.  He is not just auditing a course - if they aren't paying (and I don't know if we are ever told that they are or are not) it doesn't really matter.  The university recognizes that Sheldon is someone they want to keep around.

Edited by Beany Malone

Sheldon really got on my nerves by interrupting his father's shower time. He's entitled to those 3 minutes in the shower by himself! OK, he wasn't going to respect Sheldon's schedule, but if Sheldon ignores it, why would anyone else follow it?

"I could, but I won't. Also, I can't" - George Cooper

I'm glad that Mary didn't deliberately eavesdrop on Georgie. OK, maybe she should have just hung up, but you can understand why she didn't.

Aww, George sometimes does get his son.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 3:57 AM, Bobbin said:

Good for Mary not fudging on the facts of Georgie's life. Well played. In just a few minutes she helped Georgie mature by a couple of years.

I was glad she did. For the moral figure in the show, she's been too ready to resort to lying to make herself look good (eg. Failing to see when Sheldon was faking sickness). Sometimes honesty is the best policy (IMO).

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 9:53 PM, ChitChat said:

It's funny when kids look at their parents and think that they know nothing, and/or never experienced any of the things that they are going through.  If they only knew half of the crap that most of us did in our youth, they'd be shocked!

I'd imagine most children are uncomfortable with the idea of their parents having had sex - though obviously they must have!

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 4:26 AM, Dani said:

Georgie asked her if she was pregnant when she got married because Sheldon did the math. Mary lied and told him he was a big, fat premie

Thanks - I thought we'd already learned that Georgie was born "unusually quickly" after Mary and George's wedding. I think it was because Sheldon was doing his taxes and then he "did the math" on when Georgie must have been born.

• Love 1
On 2/20/2020 at 9:36 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

“Is she your girlfriend?”

”Dad, can you make her stop?”

”Yeah, I could, but I won’t. Also, I can’t.”

I adore George Sr.

One of my favorites.  Showed that, deeply flawed as the Cooper parents were, they loved their children more than anything else in the world.

They have bested whoever-the-hell-else I had at #1 Sitcom Parents of All Time.

• Love 1

Rewatching this ep.  How much do I love George’s pep talk to Sheldon in that airplane john (“You be Spock, I’ll be Kirk”).   The parent AND the coach in Cooper Sr, coming together at the right moment.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2